Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2020, 04:02 AM   #61
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
Some wise guy sent WPC a lovely message thanking him for the "Gish deep dive", stating it's one of their all time favorite records but was wondering if "Billy" could answer a question that wasn't covered in the "deep dive". WPC took offense to this and deleted everything from his IG.
I don't know why normies think they can treat celebrities this way.

Old 07-02-2020, 04:57 AM   #62
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
I don't know why normies think they can treat celebrities this way.
Siamese Dream Deep Dive best of all time, sitting in a can, etc

Old 07-02-2020, 09:53 AM   #63
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
But seriously, why has Corgan abandoned insta?

Doesn’t make a lot of sense he’d suddenly tank a PR channel he controlled, to connect with sycophants, due to unrelated allegations against one of his wrestling buds.
It's because of all the sexual abuse shit that is coming out about wrestling.

He made it private the same week it started and more and more people were being dragged through the mud.

I'm sure it will be back after the frenzy dies down and every slightly controversial post he ever made will be scrubbed from his feed.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:59 AM   #64
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashingPum...agram/fvr6jp5/

Hey guys, I think there's more to this than simply "being a celebrity".

I know a lot of you don't follow wrestling or perhaps don't follow any wrestling other than anything Billy deals with. Within the past two weeks, allegations of sexual misconduct and sexual assault have come out against men in the British wrestling scene. As more and more of these accusations come out, more women are feeling empowered and ready to tell their stories, spreading into online content creators/streamers and game developers as well in the last few days. And not a tiny amount of accusations either.

David Lagana was accused of sexual assault a few days ago. For those of you who don't know who David is, he's been around wrestling circles for quite some time now as a writer for Ring of Honor and TNA. David's accusations stem from an apparent event in 2010. I'll let you Google that for those that want the details instead of rehashing it all here. David is - as far as I'm aware - behind the Lightning production company that was producing Billy's videos, such as 30 Days. David is also the Vice President of Billy's NWA and really the main person handling the day-to-day work of running NWA as an entity in the wrestling business. When these allegations came out, David resigned from the NWA. The rumor is that NWA's cancelled what few shows they had remaining this year and are allowing their wrestlers to temporarily ignore their NWA contracts so that they can continue to earn a living even if NWA's in shambles right now.

As far as I know, Billy and Dave are pretty close. I wouldn't be surprised if Billy wiped his Instagram rather than go through looking for every piece of media that David's possibly ever appeared in. That's my guess, anyways.

I feel bad for Billy here because NWA is his baby and he's done such a damn good job and produced a show that's pretty universally loved and enjoyed by wrestling fans only for them to be hit by bad luck after bad luck with Cornette saying something racist on the air, the loss of any shows being run due to COVID, etc...

Old 07-02-2020, 10:44 AM   #65
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

It is very bad luck when you're close to people who get caught being openly racist or sexually assaulting women. Or you have to pause your hobby-business because of a disease killing 100,000's of people.

Poor Billy, the real victim in all of this.

Old 07-02-2020, 11:10 AM   #66
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Some bullshit about a fake account trying to lure women or something. He just posted about it

Old 07-02-2020, 11:23 AM   #67
Ram27
dumb

oh yeah lol i was looking forward to more deep dives

of COURSE he stops before SD

Old 07-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #68
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

and gram is empty
just like me

Old 07-02-2020, 11:53 AM   #69
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

I just find out the accusations against Dave Lagana go back to 2010

Quote:
-Apparently, Dave Lagana got fired for sexually harrassing Kevin Thorn, which leads to an amazing sentence
-"Dave Lasagna, if you're out there, stop molesting gay bodybuilding vampires" - London

Old 07-02-2020, 03:58 PM   #70
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Pretty sure David Lagana was with him on that thirty days business doing the filming

Old 07-02-2020, 04:20 PM   #71
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashingPum...agram/fvr6jp5/

Hey guys, I think there's more to this than simply "being a celebrity".

I know a lot of you don't follow wrestling or perhaps don't follow any wrestling other than anything Billy deals with. Within the past two weeks, allegations of sexual misconduct and sexual assault have come out against men in the British wrestling scene. As more and more of these accusations come out, more women are feeling empowered and ready to tell their stories, spreading into online content creators/streamers and game developers as well in the last few days. And not a tiny amount of accusations either.

David Lagana was accused of sexual assault a few days ago. For those of you who don't know who David is, he's been around wrestling circles for quite some time now as a writer for Ring of Honor and TNA. David's accusations stem from an apparent event in 2010. I'll let you Google that for those that want the details instead of rehashing it all here. David is - as far as I'm aware - behind the Lightning production company that was producing Billy's videos, such as 30 Days. David is also the Vice President of Billy's NWA and really the main person handling the day-to-day work of running NWA as an entity in the wrestling business. When these allegations came out, David resigned from the NWA. The rumor is that NWA's cancelled what few shows they had remaining this year and are allowing their wrestlers to temporarily ignore their NWA contracts so that they can continue to earn a living even if NWA's in shambles right now.

As far as I know, Billy and Dave are pretty close. I wouldn't be surprised if Billy wiped his Instagram rather than go through looking for every piece of media that David's possibly ever appeared in. That's my guess, anyways.

I feel bad for Billy here because NWA is his baby and he's done such a damn good job and produced a show that's pretty universally loved and enjoyed by wrestling fans only for them to be hit by bad luck after bad luck with Cornette saying something racist on the air, the loss of any shows being run due to COVID, etc...
I had no idea you posted on the SP reddit or were that into wrestling. Thanks for the insight.

Old 07-02-2020, 05:02 PM   #72
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Pretty sure David Lagana was with him on that thirty days business doing the filming
He also did the editing and was preparing a part 2

Last edited by Forgotten Child : 07-03-2020 at 05:25 AM.

Old 07-03-2020, 01:33 AM   #73
selection7
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtSampson View Post
It wasn’t exactly a hot take then and it isn’t now either. Hell it wasn’t a hot take in 1980
Well, partially because the process had already started by 2012, and partially because Bill's statement is less strong than mine when I said "I never thought I'd see the day when proper rock music was niche." But I think you'd be singing a different tune if you had grown up in the '90s...the unthinkable-ness of it/hot take is exactly what I was referring to.

Not sure I agree about your 1980 comment, though the "isn't now either" comment is true, if a bit Captain Obvious. Rock music was absolutely entrenched in 1980. Of course, so was pop, but that's beside the point, since the two had basically both coexisted and often been one in the same since the '50s, and would continue to be until roughly the 2000 teens. All you have to do is look at the history of the pop charts.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:33 AM   #74
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by selection7 View Post
Well, partially because the process had already started by 2012, and partially because Bill's statement is less strong than mine when I said "I never thought I'd see the day when proper rock music was niche." But I think you'd be singing a different tune if you had grown up in the '90s...the unthinkable-ness of it/hot take is exactly what I was referring to.
Here in the UK the 90s was the era of the Boy/Girl Band. The only bands approaching rock that were truly mainstream were "britpop".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_of_the_1990s

The US looks similar but with more "R&B".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_of_the_1990s

"Proper rock" music is still popular but the audience is fragmented thanks to the internet and the availability of music. Kids don't need to pick one of the 5 or 6 bands Kerrang! or MTV are pushing now so it's difficult for bands to get massive.. which is an absolutely fantastic thing.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:37 AM   #75
FoolofaTook

It's difficult for your dad to get "massive," if you know what I mean.

Old 07-03-2020, 08:10 AM   #76
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
It's difficult for your dad to get "massive," if you know what I mean.
true but my brother in law Gary is HUGE

Old 07-03-2020, 09:13 AM   #77
FoolofaTook

That he is, Friend Incubator.

That he is.

Old 07-03-2020, 11:04 AM   #78
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Old 07-05-2020, 08:59 AM   #79
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

yeah guys...billys career seems to be over... he´s might be involved in the whole thing...

so no machina reissue and no bolzi book...shiny 2 can be forgotten.

LOl this band has become a JOKE!

Old 07-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #80
trev
charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
yeah guys...billys career seems to be over...

welcome to 2007, glad you could finally make it.

Old 07-05-2020, 03:14 PM   #81
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

It wasn’t long ago that people here were speculating Shiny and Oh So Bright Volume 1: No Past, No Future, No Sun was cancelled or forgotten. Completing an album, going on tour to support the album and finally releasing the album when no one cared any more was a brave and unusual move but it sure paid off.

WPC is just extremely careful about scheduling SP releases to ensure that they don’t capitalise on any momentum he or the band have built and are met with as little enthusiasm as possible.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:45 PM   #82
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
yeah guys...billys career seems to be over... he´s might be involved in the whole thing...

so no machina reissue and no bolzi book...shiny 2 can be forgotten.

Why do you have to be so hard on Billy?

Old 07-05-2020, 10:23 PM   #83
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

That's the only way he's able to be hard at all, leave him

Last edited by Forgotten Child : 07-06-2020 at 05:55 AM.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:06 AM   #84
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Neither the music industry nor casual listeners give a shit about the sp nowadays. Only some hardcore fans are still interested.
Release the shit vol2 and hope that a good single can being back some attention for the band.....
They had a great time in the 90s but honestly the lack of great material in the past 20 years speaks for itself.... no good album....no good reviews...no radio play...no fans

Old 07-06-2020, 03:51 AM   #85
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

I think the popularity and preference of Zeitgeist and Oceania demonstrates the influence of a semi-decent marketing campaign on a susceptible age group.

If Bill can't win with music, he can bank on a fresh wave of teens to market the record at & hope for that big 90's alt-rock revival. We're nearly 10 years since a Siamese Dream remaster. That merry go round can start up again for the 30th anniversary. Missed opportunity if it doesn't.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:55 AM   #86
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
I'm going to guess it's because of all the times Billy has punched down and was hard on the less fortunate?

At the very least all of the times he's thrown away any advantage because of his ego?

Or just the music going to shit after 2000 because he disappeared up his own arse with singing lessons and horribly produced records?

Old 07-06-2020, 07:33 AM   #87
FoolofaTook

harsh words ... coming from an AVATAR THIEF

Old 07-06-2020, 09:09 AM   #88
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
harsh words ... coming from an AVATAR THIEF
Please stop using my avatar.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:46 AM   #89
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
no good album....no good reviews...no radio play...no fans
Wow is this the title of Shiny volume 2?

Old 07-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #90
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
give him a break he's been fighting for goat milk all day!