Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
Mayfuck
Banned

Default Anyone else anticipating how embarassingly bad the new album is gonna be?

A near 40 year old man beyond his prime putting out a rock album, making declarations of how he's gonna ROCK like never before, an album guided by the spirits of Rush and Grateful Dead, produced by another old dude beyond his prime. Guy is so completely out of touch with reality. This album is gonna be so cheesy and embarassingly bad. And he still hasn't got rid of that of fucking prepubescent idea of some novel about rock star superheroes named Glass and Zero. Anyone else anticipating complete disaster? MACHINA and Zwan and tfe...it just gets progessively worse. This is gonna be hilarious.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
mccririck
Apocalyptic Poster

Maybe, but I think there will be some decent guitar playing and drumming. I just hope the lyrics are ok...

Old 12-11-2006, 02:12 PM   #3
GlasgowKiss
Quaid Hates You

rofl

Old 12-11-2006, 02:12 PM   #4
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
As some of you know we are indeed creating music again. Music that comes from a place so pure it will burn the lies off the very souls of those who try to discount it.
As some of you know we are indeed creating music again. Music that comes from a place so pure it will burn the lies off the very souls of those who try to discount it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

Old 12-11-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
Mariner
OB-GYN Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccririck
Maybe, but I think there will be some decent guitar playing and drumming. I just hope the lyrics are ok...

Old 12-11-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
wHATcOLOR

better get some neosporin and aloe, mayfuck, cause you're gonna get burnt!!!

Old 12-11-2006, 02:15 PM   #7
Mariner
OB-GYN Kenobi

no man ONLY THE LIES WILL BE BURN-ED

Old 12-11-2006, 02:17 PM   #8
Mariner
OB-GYN Kenobi

ONLY THE LIES

Old 12-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #9
wHATcOLOR

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...hebagman-1.jpg

Old 12-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #10
Aeroplane
Minion of Satan

i endorse this thread

Old 12-11-2006, 02:26 PM   #11
alisonmonster
Minion of Satan

lol, i thought that picture was Puddy from Seinfeld,making that quote even better.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #12
wHATcOLOR

that's dude the bag man, never forget

Old 12-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #13
Mariner
OB-GYN Kenobi

HEAVY METAL

HEAVY METAL MACHINE

Old 12-11-2006, 02:35 PM   #14
mccririck
Apocalyptic Poster

Imagine if they do actually make a proper metal album, 80s style. That would rock.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #15
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

I have to say, though, that with as cynical as I've been on this board lately about a lot of this shit, Billy's chances of succeeding with a rock album at the age of 40 are better than 99.9% of other alternative artists out there in the same situation. It may not be 25 year-old Billy, but even 40 year-old Billy is better than fuckin 25 year-old Evanescence or something.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #16
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfuck
A near 40 year old man beyond his prime putting out a rock album, making declarations of how he's gonna ROCK like never before, an album guided by the spirits of Rush and Grateful Dead, produced by another old dude beyond his prime. Guy is so completely out of touch with reality. This album is gonna be so cheesy and embarassingly bad. And he still hasn't got rid of that of fucking prepubescent idea of some novel about rock star superheroes named Glass and Zero. Anyone else anticipating complete disaster? MACHINA and Zwan and tfe...it just gets progessively worse. This is gonna be hilarious.
GO FUCK YOURSELF PAL! Seriously, if you feel that way, why do you waste your time on here? You are fuckin ridiculous! YOu are a little shit head punk that just likes to talk shit for nothing. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE YOU BITCH!

Old 12-11-2006, 02:58 PM   #17
Mariner
OB-GYN Kenobi

progress though, he didn't say "fucken"

actually nm that's a bit of a regression

Old 12-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #18
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan Rules
GO FUCK YOURSELF PAL! Seriously, if you feel that way, why do you waste your time on here? You are fuckin ridiculous! YOu are a little shit head punk that just likes to talk shit for nothing. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE YOU BITCH!

He may not have been entirely... accurate... in what he said, but can you honestly say that you loved Machina, Zwan and TFE more than Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie and Adore? If so, then you're part of the 1% of fans that feel the same way.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:08 PM   #19
rocksteady
Banned

Location: where the women have nothing on but the radio. turned up to ten. too loud for me to think.

i thought you were a machina fanboy, julio.

im of the mind that billy hasn't stopped writing good music. he's only stopped officially releasing it. i'd rather listen to boots of the arising tour, early zwan shows, djali zwan and billy's chicago songs than any of the albums relased in the last 7 years.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #20
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksteady
i thought you were a machina fanboy, julio.

im of the mind that billy hasn't stopped writing good music. he's only stopped officially releasing it. i'd rather listen to boots of the arising tour, early zwan shows, djali zwan and billy's chicago songs than any of the albums relased in the last 7 years.

Just because the unreleased stuff is "better," though, doesn't mean it was good. If you get what what I'm saying.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:19 PM   #21
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

man. If you don't like Corgan anymore than stop wasting your time and life on him. Get a life.

I'm here because I like BC and have faith that it will be another pumpkins classic. If I didn't feel that way and thought that he hasn't done anything worth listening to for over a decade THEN I WOULD MOVE ON.

but whatever I feel sorry and embarressed for you.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:22 PM   #22
Mariner
OB-GYN Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehitscar
man. If you don't like Corgan anymore than stop wasting your time and life on him. Get a life.

I'm here because I like BC and have faith that it will be another pumpkins classic. If I didn't feel that way and thought that he hasn't done anything worth listening to for over a decade THEN I WOULD MOVE ON.

the true indication of a real fan is honest criticism and a sense of humor, not self-proclamed "faith" and defensiveness.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #23
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

I think you're confused about who's actually in the wrong place. Because this isn't the place for people who feel the way you feel. This place is for one of the following:

1. Assholes

or

2. People who look at his work critically as opposed to automatically loving everything he puts out, regardless of it being shit, just because it's Billy

Figure out if you fit the description and either leave, be an asshole or provide something relevent to discuss.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:30 PM   #24
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyngel
I have to say, though, that with as cynical as I've been on this board lately about a lot of this shit, Billy's chances of succeeding with a rock album at the age of 40 are better than 99.9% of other alternative artists out there in the same situation. It may not be 25 year-old Billy, but even 40 year-old Billy is better than fuckin 25 year-old Evanescence or something.
uhhh.. Sonic Youth is like 50 any they put out fukcing amazing records every two years. Evanescence isn't even music.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:34 PM   #25
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad
uhhh.. Sonic Youth is like 50 any they put out fukcing amazing records every two years. Evanescence isn't even music.

So, what's your point? You've given an example of both the 1% and the shittiness of Evanescence... both of which support what I said.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #26
drossbullet
to make this happen...

trent reznor just produced the best album by NIN after the age of forty. And he is working on the follow-up to it.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:43 PM   #27
COG
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster
trent was 40 when he did the fragile?

http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif

Old 12-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #28
rocksteady
Banned

Location: where the women have nothing on but the radio. turned up to ten. too loud for me to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyngel
Just because the unreleased stuff is "better," though, doesn't mean it was good. If you get what what I'm saying.
but...

it was good.

hence my use of the word "good".

Old 12-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #29
Mayfuck
Banned

Also surely I'm not the only who sees the reinstating of the name "Smashing Pumpkins" as a blatant cash grab? This is essentially Zwan but with Billy reclaiming "SP" because it would probably sell more or get him more radio play under that moniker. Everything this guy does is so embarassingly translucent.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:29 PM   #30
Averageprheight
Banned

Quote:

but whatever I feel sorry and embarrassed for you.