Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 10-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #31
MustardLies
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
no one is interested that Billco had anal w/ Courtney and is probably a huge anal fetishist?
I'm confused as to why you think any of that matters.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #32
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Never heard any of this before. Like hearing Billy try to say Jimmy didn't get kicked out because he was a heroin addict.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #33
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i thought he was. i guess he was just dabbling at the time

Old 10-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #34
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
no one is interested that Billco had anal w/ Courtney and is probably a huge anal fetishist?
Only you are, it seems. I don't give a fuck.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #35
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
i thought he was. i guess he was just dabbling at the time
He was a huge heroin addict. Billy and Jimmy himself have confirmed this many times throughout the years. Likely it was just to shy away from the fact that they hired Jimmy back when (as time has shown) he was still addicted.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #36
MusicMan4

howard is the king of kings

Old 10-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #37
MusicMan4

zinn and stern

Old 10-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #38
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

jeez guys im just taking the piss is this the oboard

Old 10-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #39
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

jimmy was still on smack during machina? huh?

Old 10-17-2012, 01:09 AM   #40
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Ugh. I'm trying not to think about it actually. Thinking about Billy with the "dominatrix girlfriend" (whoever she may be) is far more rewarding and amusing. Anything but anal with Courtney.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #41
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
jimmy was still on smack during machina? huh?
Never really talked about at the time as the general assumption was that Jimmy was clean, however Billy has said multiple times the only reason they brought Jimmy back was because he knew the band was breaking up. Apparently James and D'arcy had some serious reservations about bringing Jimmy back.

-On multiple interviews in 2008, most notably in my mind the Chris Issak one, Jimmy mentions that he has been clean and sober for five years, which would put it at 2003.
-In that Rolling Stone article about Billy/SP in 2010, it mentions that Jimmy was a heroin addict until the birth of his daughter, which was 2003 shortly before Zwan broke up.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #42
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
Never really talked about at the time as the general assumption was that Jimmy was clean, however Billy has said multiple times the only reason they brought Jimmy back was because he knew the band was breaking up. Apparently James and D'arcy had some serious reservations about bringing Jimmy back.

-On multiple interviews in 2008, most notably in my mind the Chris Issak one, Jimmy mentions that he has been clean and sober for five years, which would put it at 2003.
-In that Rolling Stone article about Billy/SP in 2010, it mentions that Jimmy was a heroin addict until the birth of his daughter, which was 2003 shortly before Zwan broke up.
no shit, damn. that would explain jimmy's odd demeanor in this episode. seems overly defensive.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #43
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Very much so. Also, Howard is notorious for disregarding general "etiquette" of interviewing. Every other interviewer (as Howard says in the interview) had probably been given strict instructions not to discuss Jimmy rejoining the band in any other terms than his impact to the new music (i.e. no questions about if Jimmy is clean, if he felt screwed over by being kicked out in 1996, etc). In other words, this is probably the first time they've addressed the issue publicly and it is obvious that both Jimmy and Billy are taken aback about how to actually answer these questions.

But since it is Howard Stern, he asks the hard hitting questions. It is very clear from the interview that...

A. Billy was strong armed into firing Jimmy by management, and probably would have dealt with him less harshly on his own.
B. Jimmy, despite joking about it, was still very upset that he was kicked out of the band. In all fairness, it seems that this issue was never completely resolved and I would not be surprised if Jimmy still has lingering bitterness over it.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #44
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: You're 22 why aren't you free?You're 22 why aren't you free? you're mom and daddy's victory

i just happy he came back for MACHINA

Old 10-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #45
MusicMan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
Very much so. Also, Howard is notorious for disregarding general "etiquette" of interviewing. Every other interviewer (as Howard says in the interview) had probably been given strict instructions not to discuss Jimmy rejoining the band in any other terms than his impact to the new music (i.e. no questions about if Jimmy is clean, if he felt screwed over by being kicked out in 1996, etc). In other words, this is probably the first time they've addressed the issue publicly and it is obvious that both Jimmy and Billy are taken aback about how to actually answer these questions.

But since it is Howard Stern, he asks the hard hitting questions. It is very clear from the interview that...

A. Billy was strong armed into firing Jimmy by management, and probably would have dealt with him less harshly on his own.
B. Jimmy, despite joking about it, was still very upset that he was kicked out of the band. In all fairness, it seems that this issue was never completely resolved and I would not be surprised if Jimmy still has lingering bitterness over it.
he's the king
he asks the anal stuff because he knows that's what'll grab the attention getting thread title on netphoria but true stern superfans know he gets the real goods

Old 01-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #46
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris Hilton View Post
he's the king
he asks the anal stuff because he knows that's what'll grab the attention getting thread title on netphoria but true stern superfans know he gets the real goods
agree 100%

when howard interviews somebody that you're already interested in (otherwise you're just going to focus on howard) - it's always the best interview compared to others.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:22 AM   #47
rehabtranny
Amish Rake Fighter

chiming in to say that yeah, howard's interviews are great. he asks all the shit everyone wants to know but won't ask. also seems to know a lot about people (celebrities) beyond just googling their name for some tidbits of info

Old 01-26-2014, 11:36 PM   #48
slunken
Virgo

dang part 1 of this interview seems to be gone

Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 AM   #49
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

I wonder if courtney thinks he was good at eating out her vagina or if Kurt was better?

Old 01-27-2014, 04:44 AM   #50
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
I wonder if courtney thinks he was good at eating out her vagina or if Kurt was better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
dang part 1 of this interview seems to be gone

now we'll never know