Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2018, 10:37 PM   #31
D.
shoegaze thot
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Houston
Posts: 35,659
Default

Some gray hairs, beginnings of balding at the top of my pate, definitely my memory seems to get a little spotty (mostly I'll notice that I'll forget the majority of a book I've read maybe three months after finishing it).

I am pretty healthy physically but I do get chronic sciatica, which when bad is like can't-get-out-of-bed BAD. That excruciating pain doesn't happen super often but it does happen and i do have to be very careful how i exercise (mainly cos i never have learned proper form for any of it).

However, after 14 years, I thought I started noticing a pain in my gums from all the chewin' tobacco. So I recently gave that up but we'll see for how long. It's mentally so fucking tough; I've lost my best friend in a sense, my comfort blanket. So we'll see how long my resolve to quit lasts.

So I'm still doing ok at 36. ����

Last edited by D. : 08-22-2018 at 10:44 PM.

 
D. is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:42 PM   #32
D.
shoegaze thot
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Houston
Posts: 35,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
D has aged really well. like a fine wine.
You know how 2 make a lady blush 🍷

 
D. is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:52 PM   #33
queenoftheswine
Pledge
 
queenoftheswine's Avatar
 
Posts: 185
Default

Oh, my memory sucks, too. Forgot to add that.

 
queenoftheswine is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:59 PM   #34
LaBelle
Socialphobic
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: The baddest of asses
Posts: 10,060
Default

this thread is too real

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:00 PM   #35
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 29,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
I do get chronic sciatica, which when bad is like can't-get-out-of-bed BAD. That excruciating pain doesn't happen super often but it does happen and i do have to be very careful how i exercise (mainly cos i never have learned proper form for any of it).
sciatica is evil. a few times a year I get it bad like you are describing, so I started learning which kinds of stretches help the most and learned that yeah, certain stretches and motions can exacerbate it. for me, it mostly comes from sitting for a long time or inactivity though, not from exercise

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:01 PM   #36
D.
shoegaze thot
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Houston
Posts: 35,659
Default

As u can c, one side of my face sticks out more than the other. I assume this is swelling or some kind of negative reaction to 14 years of chewing tobacco. I've never had noticeable side effects from it except for this and the recent slight gum pain. I did it to myself.


 
D. is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:04 PM   #37
D.
shoegaze thot
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Houston
Posts: 35,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
sciatica is evil. a few times a year I get it bad like you are describing, so I started learning which kinds of stretches help the most and learned that yeah, certain stretches and motions can exacerbate it. for me, it mostly comes from sitting for a long time or inactivity though, not from exercise
Sciatica is definitely probably the worst pain I've ever been in, almost as bad as some tooth pain I've had.

I went to a physical therapist couple years ago but it was through the VA so it was substandard and limited care.

I did make an appointment for next week to see a personal trainer. Hoping that will help.

 
D. is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:07 PM   #38
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 29,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Sciatica is definitely probably the worst pain I've ever been in, almost as bad as some tooth pain I've had.

I went to a physical therapist couple years ago but it was through the VA so it was substandard and limited care.

I did make an appointment for next week to see a personal trainer. Hoping that will help.
best of luck, I understand how excruciating it can be. I asked my doc about it a few years ago and she just said it was going to get worse with age so I should strengthen my core and stretch every day

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:08 PM   #39
D.
shoegaze thot
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Houston
Posts: 35,659
Default

We are doomed, bad bone brother 😭

 
D. is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:50 PM   #40
myosis
Minion of Satan
 
myosis's Avatar
 
Location: the institute
Posts: 5,705
Default

i'm just losing my gums, i need a night guard. teeth could look better. dental hygienists used to tell me i have great teeth.

 
myosis is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:54 PM   #41
myosis
Minion of Satan
 
myosis's Avatar
 
Location: the institute
Posts: 5,705
Default

and i get recurrent prostatitis.
most other problems i've had for over 10 years or i attribute to pharmaceutical poisoning (which probably contributed to the teeth as well)

 
myosis is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:40 AM   #42
D.
shoegaze thot
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Houston
Posts: 35,659
Default

Pharmaceutical poisoning? Do tell!

 
D. is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:44 AM   #43
D.
shoegaze thot
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Houston
Posts: 35,659
Default

Oh i forgot to add that I've had small kidney stone issues twice in as many years. Passing wasn't nearly as bad as they say - maybe mine were just small?

But mine started with a discomfort in my side that turned into "yikes i need to sit down" and then on the way to hospital it was more "i feel feverish and super anxious/restless".

The first time (2016) i made the mistake of going to the ER because i didn't know what was happening to me, i just knew it hurt a lot. I'm still paying off the tail end of that bill lol america.
The second time happened about three or four months ago. I was more prepared and just went to the VA ER. All paid for except medication i think.

 
D. is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:55 AM   #44
myosis
Minion of Satan
 
myosis's Avatar
 
Location: the institute
Posts: 5,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Pharmaceutical poisoning? Do tell!
6 weeks of cipro = years of toll on many body systems

 
myosis is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:56 AM   #45
myosis
Minion of Satan
 
myosis's Avatar
 
Location: the institute
Posts: 5,705
Default

if you ever get prostatitis or any non-threatening infection, evaluate your options before taking cipro/levaquin

 
myosis is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:19 AM   #46
reprise85
garbage person
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 30,257
Default

6 weeks is harsh man. i was on it for 14 days once in the hospital/after going home, and my stomach was terrible but otherwise i was fine. 6 weeks of a strong antibiotic like that is a big fucking commitment for your body. sorry to hear it has caused you long term problems

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:33 AM   #47
Toast
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Toast's Avatar
 
Location: Woodinville, Wa.
Posts: 3,198
Default

My hair's turning gray, I'm balding, and I tore something in my shoulder that will probably need surgery to fix, because it doesn't seem to be healing. I do my best to eat well and exercise every day so I look decent enough I suppose. My vision is still 20/10, so that's good.

 
Toast is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:34 AM   #48
queenoftheswine
Pledge
 
queenoftheswine's Avatar
 
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Oh i forgot to add that I've had small kidney stone issues twice in as many years. Passing wasn't nearly as bad as they say - maybe mine were just small?
They must have been because I had one and it was definitely the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. It started as mild discomfort and rapidly turned into vomiting from the intense pain. I ended up crawling on the floor to reach my phone and call my dad so he could drive me to hospital.
Absolute horror.

 
queenoftheswine is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:23 AM   #49
smashingjj
mother rater
 
smashingjj's Avatar
 
Location: Osama Bin Ladies Love Cool JJ
Posts: 32,010
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
My hair's turning gray, I'm balding, and I tore something in my shoulder that will probably need surgery to fix, because it doesn't seem to be healing. I do my best to eat well and exercise every day so I look decent enough I suppose. My vision is still 20/10, so that's good.
Fucking 'ell, netphoria reunion tour 4 real!

 
smashingjj is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:27 AM   #50
Shallowed
Braindead
 
Shallowed's Avatar
 
Location: A vegan's vagina
Posts: 16,574
Default

An old friend of mine is 27 or 28 and his hair looks like this


 
Shallowed is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:39 AM   #51
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster
 
MplsTaper's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,048
Default

We are all dying slowly.

 
MplsTaper is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:45 AM   #52
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster
 
MplsTaper's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,048
Default

I meant we are all slowly dying.

 
MplsTaper is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #53
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: all over the Internet
Posts: 41,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
pharmaceutical poisoning
I think I got this from my Mirena IUD. My damn thyroid (and everything it affects) has been all out of whack ever since. At least the cystic acne stopped...at first I had it all the time all over my face, then after a year or so it only popped up around my period (but I still dealt with it constantly because those things just don't go away), but now I'm just dealing with the scars and uneven texture left behind.


I've seen an internist, a dermatologist, and a holistic "healer", but none have been so helpful in identifying a root cause. The healer was at least able to give me nutrition advice, some of which I took. Shit, I even bought a book yesterday about thyroid health. At the very least I wanna treat it optimally.


Currently I take collagen powder and a dht blocker for my scalp and hair.

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:24 AM   #54
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: all over the Internet
Posts: 41,477
Default

Other than that I look and feel great. I "work out" regularly, cook most meals, drink lots more water, and drink much less alcohol. Few years back I was ~91 (and v depressed), but now I'm close to 100. I think my bad thyroid is preventing me from gaining more weight. I can't be sure.

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #55
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,990
Default

You also have a beautiful soul.

 
FoolofaTook is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #56
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic
 
ilikeplanets's Avatar
 
Location: Ignore List
Posts: 12,858
Default

my Eustachian tubes (ears) swell up now and then and won't calm down for months which causes a fair amount of pain and the feeling of clogged ears. i have periodic headaches but don't like my gabapentin or topamax prescriptions so i just deal with them. i'm getting an MRI in a couple weeks to find out what the fuck is going on with those ear tubes, though. and when the humidity is high my c-section scar really hurts. i'm quite tired since i get up before 6 am most days. but i'm feeling basically good besides the ears =/

 
ilikeplanets is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #57
myosis
Minion of Satan
 
myosis's Avatar
 
Location: the institute
Posts: 5,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
6 weeks is harsh man. i was on it for 14 days once in the hospital/after going home, and my stomach was terrible but otherwise i was fine. 6 weeks of a strong antibiotic like that is a big fucking commitment for your body. sorry to hear it has caused you long term problems
just be careful as many people claim they took it a few times before connecting it to problems, and there can be one too many times where all hell breaks loose. like it could be cumulative.
seems worse if you switch from cipro to levaquin or vice-versa.
that's all just theoretical.

for instance your foot tendinitis could be related. tendons are the number 1 warning for these drugs. they just fail to mention that your achilles tendon can rupture months later. lots of doctors will only say "oh it would be out of your system by now."

i've had something similar to foot tendinitis but it didn't stay as bad as it was at first.

 
myosis is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #58
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth
 
killtrocity's Avatar
 
Location: POLLOS
Posts: 8,688
Default

I poop too much. And then I get tired.

 
killtrocity is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:27 PM   #59
reprise85
garbage person
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 30,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
my Eustachian tubes (ears) swell up now and then and won't calm down for months which causes a fair amount of pain and the feeling of clogged ears. i have periodic headaches but don't like my gabapentin or topamax prescriptions so i just deal with them. i'm getting an MRI in a couple weeks to find out what the fuck is going on with those ear tubes, though. and when the humidity is high my c-section scar really hurts. i'm quite tired since i get up before 6 am most days. but i'm feeling basically good besides the ears =/
DUDE, ear tube problems here. i have had 3 sets of myringotomy tubes in my ears in the past 2 years, this last set is "semi-permanent" and i've had them for more than a year. i still have a near constant infection in my right ear and both ears clog somehow from pressure even with no infection. if i don't have ear tubes i lose about 90% of my hearing. i spent a few months like this when it first started happening. couldn't work, etc. i had an MRI done and basically i do have a couple of polyps, but mostly my allergies are so bad that nothing can drain the other way out of my sinuses. there is a surgery to fix this but my inflammation is so bad he doesn't think it will work. there is a more invasive surgery but he doesnt want to do it because of my weight w/r/t anesthesia considering it isn't going to cause any systemic problems.

it fucking sucks though, i feel you. good luck with MRI



Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
just be careful as many people claim they took it a few times before connecting it to problems, and there can be one too many times where all hell breaks loose. like it could be cumulative.
seems worse if you switch from cipro to levaquin or vice-versa.
that's all just theoretical.

for instance your foot tendinitis could be related. tendons are the number 1 warning for these drugs. they just fail to mention that your achilles tendon can rupture months later. lots of doctors will only say "oh it would be out of your system by now."

i've had something similar to foot tendinitis but it didn't stay as bad as it was at first.
i have taken both but not in a long time. for a while when i was smoking cigarettes and other things i was in and out of hospitals a lot (status asthmaticus) and they usually gave solumedrol and levaquin IV and the medrol dose pack or some other methylprednisolone or prednisone taper. i got the roid rage a little after a few weeks on em. now for my ears i get tobramycin and dexamethasone eye drops (that i use in my ears) but they don't cause any systemic issues since they just go in my ear. when i need other stuff i usually just get good ole penicillin or that penicillin combined with whatever it is for drug resistant baceteria. i will probably change to cipro drops soon because my ears are not responding to the tobramycin anymore. my insurance didnt want to pay for it before but they probably will now. hopefully the drops dont have the same warning. i wonder what the mechanism is that causes tendon issues? google time

i never knew about the tendon thing, but it's been probably 5 years or something

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:01 PM   #60
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic
 
ilikeplanets's Avatar
 
Location: Ignore List
Posts: 12,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
DUDE, ear tube problems here. i have had 3 sets of myringotomy tubes in my ears in the past 2 years, this last set is "semi-permanent" and i've had them for more than a year. i still have a near constant infection in my right ear and both ears clog somehow from pressure even with no infection. if i don't have ear tubes i lose about 90% of my hearing. i spent a few months like this when it first started happening. couldn't work, etc. i had an MRI done and basically i do have a couple of polyps, but mostly my allergies are so bad that nothing can drain the other way out of my sinuses. there is a surgery to fix this but my inflammation is so bad he doesn't think it will work. there is a more invasive surgery but he doesnt want to do it because of my weight w/r/t anesthesia considering it isn't going to cause any systemic problems.

it fucking sucks though, i feel you. good luck with MRI
thank you. i've never had MRI or ear tubes but at a few points these last few months i was ready to drive a nail into my ears just to try to relieve the pressure. at the moment no one can determine a cause, so i hope the MRI will shed some light on this. -_- i've been through two courses of (gentle) antibiotics even though there was no sign of infection, as a preventative measure and in hopes that the swelling would reduce. noooo such luck. the only other suggestions i've gotten are afrin and prednisone and i cannot tolerate the side effects of either so i'm just waiting until my insurance approves the MRI so the neurologist can come up with a better plan. my ENT was a total piece of shit and this new doctor seems a lot better, so we'll see!

does it hurt to get the tubes? i am hoping it can just be done in an outpatient setting because i realllllly don't have time to deal with a hospital. my daughter has some of her own medical needs that require frequent travel and i really can't let this ear bullshit slow me down any longer.

 
ilikeplanets is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
shit fuckers can type! sickbadthing General Chat Message Board 54 04-26-2018 02:21 AM
So when is Jimmy coming back? Elphenor Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 36 03-09-2018 12:35 AM
Something I have noticed... rottenugly General Chat Archive 38 04-17-2012 05:25 PM
my very original ask me questions thread dr.benway General Chat Archive 27 08-04-2009 06:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014