Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2018, 09:47 PM   #2701
fuzzyroes
Banned

This is from one of my personal favorite Canadian alt-rock albums of the 90's.

The lead singer/lead guitarist of this band gained notoriety from playing guitar in Age Of Electric (which we might see featured here on a later date)

Ryan Dahls fucking awesome. I've met him a handful of times and he's always been a rad, introspective guy to talk to.

Enjoy

Old 05-05-2018, 09:52 PM   #2702
fuzzyroes
Banned

(I think I had a thread like this years ago, but can't find it with the search feature. Mods, feel free to merge this thread with the old one if you feel like it's an issue)

Old 05-05-2018, 10:00 PM   #2703
fuzzyroes
Banned

I remember in 2002 these guys were playing a free show in the Plaza Square in Vancouver, and I went down to see em with one of my meat-head friends. And he brought a backpack full of beer (this was when I barely drank).

And afterwards I saw the lead singer out talking and I thought about approaching him, but I was nervous. And my friend was like "You're being a huge fucking bitch. Just fucking go and talk to him you pussy"

So I went over, introduced myself, explained how long I've been a fan and Ryan Dahl was super cool. and my friend goes "Haha Fuzzy was a BITCH he was scared to come over and talk to you! He was a pussy and scared cause he's a big fan or whatever" and Ryan Dahl was like "Uhhhh yeah???.... So.... Don't you think that's something cool...............?" and my buddy just cowered. And afterwards he was all humiliated by how this famous guy just embarrassed him.

Of course we were just teenagers, but that friend was a dick... Cool guy to hang out with... 6'3, good looking, got hot girls... We used to go to the beach as teens, and he'd go up to girls with a bottle of sunscreen and say "excuse me miss, sunscreen boy here, can I lather you up? and 80% of the girls would let him rub sunscreen all over their bodies.

We also used to get drunk and then go stand in front of the popular night club when we were like 16/17 and talk to the drunk girls exiting, and this guy coerced so many drunk girls to make out with him. I'd just stand there watching, laughing in amazement like a loser... But this guy had balls of fucking steel. No joke.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 05-05-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:22 PM   #2704
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I remember in 2002 these guys were playing a free show in the Plaza Square in Vancouver, and I went down to see em with one of my meat-head friends. And he brought a backpack full of beer (this was when I barely drank).

And afterwards I saw the lead singer out talking and I thought about approaching him, but I was nervous. And my friend was like "You're being a huge fucking bitch. Just fucking go and talk to him you pussy"

So I went over, introduced myself, explained how long I've been a fan and Ryan Dahl was super cool. and my friend goes "Haha Fuzzy was a BITCH he was scared to come over and talk to you! He was a pussy and scared cause he's a big fan or whatever" and Ryan Dahl was like "Uhhhh yeah???.... So.... Don't you think that's something cool...............?" and my buddy just cowered. And afterwards he was all humiliated by how this famous guy just embarrassed him.

Of course we were just teenagers, but that friend was a dick... Cool guy to hang out with... 6'3, good looking, got hot girls... We used to go to the beach as teens, and he'd go up to girls with a bottle of sunscreen and say "excuse me miss, sunscreen boy here, can I lather you up? and 80% of the girls would let him rub sunscreen all over their bodies.

We also used to get drunk and then go stand in front of the popular night club when we were like 16/17 and talk to the drunk girls exiting, and this guy coerced so many drunk girls to make out with him. I'd just stand there watching, laughing in amazement like a loser... But this guy had balls of fucking steel. No joke.
Incredible

Old 05-06-2018, 03:02 AM   #2705
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

yes. i am awed. if only i could convince 80% of the females whom I ask to lather with sunscreen to agree.

sigh.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:51 AM   #2706
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:

Anywho, what were we talking about again?

Old 05-06-2018, 08:33 AM   #2707
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Bryan Adams

Old 05-06-2018, 09:16 AM   #2708
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
Incredible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Anywho, what were we talking about again?
i lol'd two distinct lols at these posts

Old 05-06-2018, 09:17 AM   #2709
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

this thread has been a knockout so far, subscribed!

Old 05-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #2710
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Didja know fuzzy's friend pulled hot teenage ass back in the day?

Old 05-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #2711
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

The main takeaway from this thread is that people call fuzzy fuzzy in real life.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:16 AM   #2712
Mooney
Socialphobic

lol @ limblifter. what's next, the weakerthans?

Old 05-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #2713
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

celine dion

Old 05-06-2018, 02:26 PM   #2714
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney View Post
lol @ limblifter. what's next, the weakerthans?
Come on bro! That album is some 90's alt-rock goodness! I've always liked Dahl as a guitarist and songwriter.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:34 PM   #2715
fuzzyroes
Banned

Here's Ryan Dahls other band.

This song is so awesomely 90's.

These guys had a reunion tour awhile back. I think they still do shows sometimes. It was after their show that the troubled young man mugged me. Wicked show otherwise though!

Old 05-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #2716
fuzzyroes
Banned

The next feature we're all going to focus on in Fuzzy's 90's Canadian Alt-Rock showcase is a song from my favorite 90's Canadian punk album of all time.

This is a song from some Vancouver boys by the name of Gob. Great band, and this is just a fantastic album. I highly recommend checking out the rest of it if you enjoy this track!

So throw on a studded bracelet, tear some holes in your trousers and pierce your ear with a safety pin and most importantly, TURN IT UP!

Old 05-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #2717
fuzzyroes
Banned

This is hands down the most punk-rock video ever! Fuck is it great! Really gets ya in the mood for summer!

Old 05-06-2018, 03:07 PM   #2718
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
This is hands down the most punk-rock video ever! Fuck is it great! Really gets ya in the mood for summer!

I'd just sit there as a little kid, watching this video on Much Music, thinking it was the dopest thing ever. Man, that video really tugs on the nostalgia heart-strings. It's aged awesomely as far as I'm concerned.

Old 05-06-2018, 03:09 PM   #2719
fuzzyroes
Banned

For anyone reading this, feel free to comment and give your opinions on the content that I'm showcasing!

Old 05-06-2018, 03:44 PM   #2720
Mooney
Socialphobic

you should just post a playlist from big shiny tunes 1.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #2721
fuzzyroes
Banned

I used to love those records!

I was just watching old Snow Job videos on Youtube lol

Much Music used to be sweeeet!

Old 05-06-2018, 05:18 PM   #2722
fuzzyroes
Banned

I picked up one of the first Dance Mix c.d's a few years back. Played it drunk at the river with some friends and everyone was digging it lol

Old 05-06-2018, 05:25 PM   #2723
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Alanis Morrissette

Old 05-06-2018, 07:42 PM   #2724
Mooney
Socialphobic

first concert i ever went to was edgefest '98 in ottawa. i still remember to kick things off a guy walks up to the mic and says, "uhhhh, we are the inbreds," and then starts playing.

The rest of the bill was:

Bif Naked
Creed
Econoline Crush
Foo Fighters
Green Day
Holly McNarland
Matthew Good Band
Moist
Sloan
The Tea Party
The Watchmen
Tripping Daisy
Wide Mouth Mason

Old 05-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #2725
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Was that the order they played in?

Old 05-06-2018, 07:53 PM   #2726
Mooney
Socialphobic

nope

Old 05-06-2018, 11:33 PM   #2727
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney View Post
first concert i ever went to was edgefest '98 in ottawa. i still remember to kick things off a guy walks up to the mic and says, "uhhhh, we are the inbreds," and then starts playing.

The rest of the bill was:

Bif Naked
Creed
Econoline Crush
Foo Fighters
Green Day
Holly McNarland
Matthew Good Band
Moist
Sloan
The Tea Party
The Watchmen
Tripping Daisy
Wide Mouth Mason
Fuck yeah brother. That was my 3rd ever concert. But of course I saw the Vancouver stop of the tour. The lineup was a little different. We didn't have Moist, Tripping Daisy or Wide Mouth Mason at ours. Instead we had the Killjoys (who were awesome) and Copyright and Local Rabbits who both sucked, but were the first bands to play.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:35 PM   #2728
fuzzyroes
Banned

Green Day was nuts. They actually used their Vancouver stop of the tour to be used as a special on HBO, so they were on their A game (but they usually are anyways)

Crowds were so much better in these days. Just look at everyone going apeshit after the breakdown. Foo Fighters kicked ass at this show too. After their set Dave Grohl lit his guitar on fire, but of course Green Day were the next band of the night and went on to burn the drumset which was much cooler to watch.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:39 PM   #2729
fuzzyroes
Banned

That rant from Billie Joe in that video is epic. I'd vote for him if he was running for mayor with those promises haha

Old 05-07-2018, 03:38 AM   #2730
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
For anyone reading this, feel free to comment and give your opinions on the content that I'm showcasing!
shit