Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2017, 12:31 AM   #121
teh b0lly!!1
Socialphobic
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: Your soul
Posts: 14,442
Default

ok seeing as nobody else is doing this i'm just gonna talk cause i need to rant.

i watched the episode yesterday and i'm still so psyched up. what a juggernaut of an episode. absolutely masterful. the story was so well told and structured. even the 'little' moments in it felt like nice payoffs:

bran staring blankly at littlefinger after he gave him the dagger, and coldly quoting "chaos is a ladder", making littlefinger realize he knows all about him and sees right through his ruses - priceless.

arya coming to winterfell, and the practice/match with brienne. so, so strong.
at this point the show has been going on for so long, and i feel so strongly for these characters. they're like people i've known for years. arya in particular was always one of my fav characters on the show. i knew from episode 1 that kid was going to be badass. but how she endured so many crazy hardships, that totally insane rollercoaster she has been on ever since she was exiled from winterfell - it all just made her coming home so fucking powerful for me. i don't even remember when i was this moved by a fictional work, because my connection to these characters just runs so deep. Macy Williams is an incredible actress. something about her just hits me so deeply. i look at her standing there looking at what became of winterfell, and i FEEL how crazy it is for her to come back to that place after all the crazy stuff she'd been through. which is also, to me, an allegory for depression and where life takes you. i just believe her in a way that i think is very rare to be achieved in a fictional work.

and that battle scene. my god.
i was literally sitting a few inches away from the screen with my mouth open and my heart racing. nobody - repeat, NOBODY depicts war better than GoT. and the whole battle was so incredibly effective, because the show made such a smart choice of having the audience experience that experience through the lannisters' perspective, of being completely blindsided and unprepared for such a monumental attack.

and of course, because of that emotional connection to all these characters, you CANNOT root for any side - you will be heartbroken no matter who wins and who loses. this is where the long, long buildup the show had been known for finally pays off in such a glorious way.

when it really comes down to the bottom line, this was all a particularly fancy cliffhanger, because we don't know shit. is the dragon gonna make it, is jamie gonna make it, can he still take another shot at dany, etc. but it was still one of the most exhilarating experiences i ever had watching a tv show. and what makes this more incredible is that i knew in advance this episode was "the one" because i heard people's reactions about the leak. for an episode to still be able to deliver on all that hype and still affect me so deeply... that's special. i'm grateful to have the chance of experiencing this in real time. and am going to be so, so sad when this show ends.

nothing can ever take its place.

 
teh b0lly!!1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:48 AM   #122
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
ok seeing as nobody else is doing this i'm just gonna talk cause i need to rant.

i watched the episode yesterday and i'm still so psyched up. what a juggernaut of an episode. absolutely masterful. the story was so well told and structured. even the 'little' moments in it felt like nice payoffs:

bran staring blankly at littlefinger after he gave him the dagger, and coldly quoting "chaos is a ladder", making littlefinger realize he knows all about him and sees right through his ruses - priceless.

arya coming to winterfell, and the practice/match with brienne. so, so strong.
at this point the show has been going on for so long, and i feel so strongly for these characters. they're like people i've known for years. arya in particular was always one of my fav characters on the show. i knew from episode 1 that kid was going to be badass. but how she endured so many crazy hardships, that totally insane rollercoaster she has been on ever since she was exiled from winterfell - it all just made her coming home so fucking powerful for me. i don't even remember when i was this moved by a fictional work, because my connection to these characters just runs so deep. Macy Williams is an incredible actress. something about her just hits me so deeply. i look at her standing there looking at what became of winterfell, and i FEEL how crazy it is for her to come back to that place after all the crazy stuff she'd been through. which is also, to me, an allegory for depression and where life takes you. i just believe her in a way that i think is very rare to be achieved in a fictional work.

and that battle scene. my god.
i was literally sitting a few inches away from the screen with my mouth open and my heart racing. nobody - repeat, NOBODY depicts war better than GoT. and the whole battle was so incredibly effective, because the show made such a smart choice of having the audience experience that experience through the lannisters' perspective, of being completely blindsided and unprepared for such a monumental attack.

and of course, because of that emotional connection to all these characters, you CANNOT root for any side - you will be heartbroken no matter who wins and who loses. this is where the long, long buildup the show had been known for finally pays off in such a glorious way.

when it really comes down to the bottom line, this was all a particularly fancy cliffhanger, because we don't know shit. is the dragon gonna make it, is jamie gonna make it, can he still take another shot at dany, etc. but it was still one of the most exhilarating experiences i ever had watching a tv show. and what makes this more incredible is that i knew in advance this episode was "the one" because i heard people's reactions about the leak. for an episode to still be able to deliver on all that hype and still affect me so deeply... that's special. i'm grateful to have the chance of experiencing this in real time. and am going to be so, so sad when this show ends.

nothing can ever take its place.
Ditto

 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:18 PM   #123
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 7,632
Default

Cool little episode!
Really chill (not if you're dad or bro tarly) coming off of the craziness that was the end of last episode.

I feel they found their footing with the dialogue, or for some reason it stood out in this one and gave me old GoT vibes.
Jon's scene with the dragon was beautiful.
Really glad they got Sam moving finally, meistertown was starting to become unbearable.
I loved the throwaway line between Sam and Gilly about Raegar's wedding annulment seemed like a nice little nugget for fans.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:36 PM   #124
buzzard
Apocalyptic Poster
 
buzzard's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,001
Default

I'm pretty sure Gendry might have just broken the Westerosi record for speedy travel.

One thing I didn't particularly like about the episode was the Avengers-like feel that's going with the formation of some of these crews, as inevitable as it might have been. That final scene could have just as easily been a Reservoir Dogs walk.

 
buzzard is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:37 PM   #125
teh b0lly!!1
Socialphobic
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: Your soul
Posts: 14,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Cool little episode!
Really chill (not if you're dad or bro tarly) coming off of the craziness that was the end of last episode.

I feel they found their footing with the dialogue, or for some reason it stood out in this one and gave me old GoT vibes.
Jon's scene with the dragon was beautiful.
Really glad they got Sam moving finally, meistertown was starting to become unbearable.
I loved the throwaway line between Sam and Gilly about Raegar's wedding annulment seemed like a nice little nugget for fans.
very same.
especially the old GoT dialogue vibe - i thought exactly the same thing.

this was a great episode, it's just that coming off such a monster finish/cliffhanger last time, i thought it was overall a bit disappointing maybe, or to put it more aptly - just not the best choice of pacing. but there was a lot of good stuff still.

bran's vision was well made and very effective.
jon's moment with the dragon was a breathtaking work of CGI and acting, and was a beautiful and glorious moment.
bronn and jamie popping up at the other side of the lake like that was a total weak cop out, any way you look at it.
i got mad to see arya get played like a pawn by littlefinger. she's smarter than that. hopefully she doesn't do something rash.
this suicide mission going beyond the wall is going to be hectic as fuck with all those people, who are a single bad word or nasty look away from ending each other.


2 more episodes and then no GoT for two years, i want to die

 
teh b0lly!!1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:39 PM   #126
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 7,632
Default

Hold in there for 2 more years at least

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #127
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: mayfair mistress of the satellites
Posts: 5,536
Default

wait, there's gonna be a two year gap until season 8?

oh fuck

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:42 PM   #128
buzzard
Apocalyptic Poster
 
buzzard's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,001
Default

They could use that time to find more actors and not squeeze Kevin Eldon into a third role.

 
buzzard is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #129
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 7,632
Default

Yeah wait is gonna be brutal.

Especially if they end this season one some crazy cliffhanger

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:22 AM   #130
teh b0lly!!1
Socialphobic
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: Your soul
Posts: 14,442
Default

oh man i'm gonna be so mad if they do that

as a matter of fact, i would like this season to end on the weakest note possible so i don't have to miss this show so dearly.

writers, showrunners, please - an all Sam Tarley special season finale

 
teh b0lly!!1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:27 AM   #131
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 7,632
Default

We are due a Sam Tarly-centric episode.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:28 AM   #132
teh b0lly!!1
Socialphobic
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: Your soul
Posts: 14,442
Default

additional remark:

i found it kind of a pity that the last episode didn't let Tyrion properly express his sentiments of wishing he wasn't a dwarf to Jaime.

it only lasted like 5 seconds before Jaime cut him off and the conversation went elsewhere, but that was incredible acting yet again from Peter Dinklage. what a dude. i sincerely hope we'll get to see some great moments from Tyrion before GoT goes out, because that guy was basically the lead character in a 40 member ensemble cast show during the first few seasons, and that only attests to his brilliance as an actor, and to the strength+importance of Tyrion's character on the show

Last edited by teh b0lly!!1 : 08-15-2017 at 10:10 PM.

 
teh b0lly!!1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #133
buzzard
Apocalyptic Poster
 
buzzard's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,001
Default

Was that short passage Gilly started to read out meant to suggest that Jon's padres might have been married, thereby rendering him a bona fide Targ' and presumably putting his claim ahead of Aunt Dany's?

I probably shouldn't instinctively block out all of what Gilly has to say.

 
buzzard is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:21 AM   #134
buzzard
Apocalyptic Poster
 
buzzard's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,001
Default

Was Arya tricked or does she know that Littlefinger was only putting on a show, letting him believe that his ruse went according to plan?

I had previously wondered if Olenna's speech about lacking the imagination to counter Cersei might become relevant, particularly as he worked with her on the Joffrey assassination and made it through her speech without a mention. Whether or not he's really factored in the possibility of a Faceless Arya and Bran the Three-Eyed Ultra-Warg in his eternal readiness approach is a big question, though I suppose he's already given us his best ominous look after each of them put their newfound skills to a demo.

 
buzzard is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:39 AM   #135
teh b0lly!!1
Socialphobic
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: Your soul
Posts: 14,442
Default

that m. night shamalyan angle of "she actually knew he knew she knew he knows she was looking at him" would be lame, but i don't think that's where they're going with it.

Arya's character has been beautifully molded through the years as an nearly unbreakable warrior, although only slightly rash and quick to make bold decisions. hopefully she doesn't do something stupid.

footnote: i wish theon got more screentime

 
teh b0lly!!1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:47 AM   #136
teh b0lly!!1
Socialphobic
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: Your soul
Posts: 14,442
Default

i was just saying a few posts ago how much i respect and love Peter Dinklage

here's yet another reason. what a beautiful man


 
teh b0lly!!1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:29 AM   #137
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds
 
Sonic Johnny's Avatar
 
Location: Centralia
Posts: 16,066
Default

Ep 6 has leaked and it is GNARLY

 
Sonic Johnny is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:42 AM   #138
teh b0lly!!1
Socialphobic
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: Your soul
Posts: 14,442
Default

fuck.




 
teh b0lly!!1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:03 PM   #139
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned
 
ohnoitsbonnie's Avatar
 
Location: somerville, nj
Posts: 23,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i was just saying a few posts ago how much i respect and love Peter Dinklage

here's yet another reason. what a beautiful man

My ex bf and his mom wanted a husky (in a subtropical country) "because it's cool looking". No other reason. They have a long haired "purebred" cat for this reason too. 🙄 Adopt not shop forever

 
ohnoitsbonnie is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #140
smashingjj
is very perspective
 
Location: my mother, my anus, mayfuck, his mother, reverting and cunt amoebes; the story of my life as a fisherman's wife on mars. now in stores. if you get it before may 30, you'll receive a free coupon to hand it in and get your money back.
Posts: 28,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
fuck.



very.

 
smashingjj is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #141
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 7,632
Default

I will try and wait for the high quality version like a dunce.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:16 PM   #142
smashingjj
is very perspective
 
Location: my mother, my anus, mayfuck, his mother, reverting and cunt amoebes; the story of my life as a fisherman's wife on mars. now in stores. if you get it before may 30, you'll receive a free coupon to hand it in and get your money back.
Posts: 28,709
Default

the version I found was fine, especially compared to the last leak. 1,9 gig.

 
smashingjj is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:27 PM   #143
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 7,632
Default

Interesting... gonna check the bay with the untrustworthy folk.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #144
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned
 
ohnoitsbonnie's Avatar
 
Location: somerville, nj
Posts: 23,387
Default

Des pa cito

 
ohnoitsbonnie is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:49 PM   #145
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: mayfair mistress of the satellites
Posts: 5,536
Default

the video quality is great but the audio is trash. like somehow the guy could directly capture video but not audio

what an insane fucking episode

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:46 PM   #146
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 7,632
Default

omg. I'm in shock still. This show...

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:15 AM   #147
smashingjj
is very perspective
 
Location: my mother, my anus, mayfuck, his mother, reverting and cunt amoebes; the story of my life as a fisherman's wife on mars. now in stores. if you get it before may 30, you'll receive a free coupon to hand it in and get your money back.
Posts: 28,709
Default

yeah. shock is the right word for how I was feeling.

hgdfjjhoijegfowuihu

 
smashingjj is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:16 AM   #148
smashingjj
is very perspective
 
Location: my mother, my anus, mayfuck, his mother, reverting and cunt amoebes; the story of my life as a fisherman's wife on mars. now in stores. if you get it before may 30, you'll receive a free coupon to hand it in and get your money back.
Posts: 28,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
the video quality is great but the audio is trash. like somehow the guy could directly capture video but not audio

what an insane fucking episode
depends on which one you downloaded. mine was fine.

 
smashingjj is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:51 AM   #149
scottytheoneand
Shut the fuck up!
 
scottytheoneand's Avatar
 
Location: "You are the poster child for an uninformed brainwashed American" -OmegaConcern
Posts: 20,305
Default












 
scottytheoneand is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:18 AM   #150
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: mayfair mistress of the satellites
Posts: 5,536
Default

that was cool but jesus...two more years until more

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
shit fuckers can type! sickbadthing General Chat Message Board 51 04-25-2017 03:26 PM
So when is Jimmy coming back? Elphenor Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 21 02-17-2016 06:58 PM
Something I have noticed... rottenugly General Chat Archive 38 04-17-2012 04:25 PM
my very original ask me questions thread dr.benway General Chat Archive 27 08-04-2009 05:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014