Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #181
MusicMan4
 
Posts: n/a
Default

it's not fine to say shit like that though
at what point can you not say you're hiding behind jokes and trolling
like i know the board you left, i was there and all
but like at what age, in what year do we just not say shit about how people should kill themselves and women have diseased cunts and laugh about it
you can judge anyone negatively however you like the majority of the people here will then judge you for how and what you said
i like courtney love but i don't have a personal stake in her or anything (if i did have a personal stake in her i guess i'd have to kill myself) but people are gonna be grossed out and annoyed when you say stuff like that
don't worry about it though
i mean futureboy and occasionally esty will be around to hate on the netphorian pc brigade and i'm sure at some point a guy like banana will be unbanned
you haven't met him at this point but he will certainly speak up for anyone's right to say people should kill themselves after fucking a woman with a diseased cunt

 
Old 05-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #182
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan
 
The exploding boy's Avatar
 
Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Posts: 7,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
not a single sentence in your post would suggest that the boy exploding is not a boy. Benefit of the doubt and all, but you know. Keep exploding.
What is not grown up about having values and opinions? Unless you are referring to the anger. Or maybe you think i'm being judgemental. Well all i can say is from what i know people who have known courtney love don't tend to see her as a wonderful human being so i think my judgement of her based on what i know is probably close enough to the truth. And honestly the older i get the angrier i get. Might be bitterness. But when i see people like Courtney love succeed, it's hard not to be bitter. Of course it could be said she hasn't succeeded that well what with all the drug addiction problems but anyway, that video of her showing her tits and being like oh my god i'm so awesome cause like check out my tits just sent me a little over the edge.

 
The exploding boy is offline
Old 05-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #183
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan
 
The exploding boy's Avatar
 
Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Posts: 7,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris Hilton View Post
it's not fine to say shit like that though
at what point can you not say you're hiding behind jokes and trolling
like i know the board you left, i was there and all
but like at what age, in what year do we just not say shit about how people should kill themselves and women have diseased cunts and laugh about it
you can judge anyone negatively however you like the majority of the people here will then judge you for how and what you said
i like courtney love but i don't have a personal stake in her or anything (if i did have a personal stake in her i guess i'd have to kill myself) but people are gonna be grossed out and annoyed when you say stuff like that
don't worry about it though
i mean futureboy and occasionally esty will be around to hate on the netphorian pc brigade and i'm sure at some point a guy like banana will be unbanned
you haven't met him at this point but he will certainly speak up for anyone's right to say people should kill themselves after fucking a woman with a diseased cunt
Fair enough. I did go over the top maybe. Regardless i think she's a despicable human being. Based on what i know of her. As i said i'm not mellowing with age. I wouldn't have said this stuff ten years ago most likely. So if you're asking me at what age do i stop...as far as im concerned, probably never.

 
The exploding boy is offline
Old 05-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #184
MusicMan4
 
Posts: n/a
Default

so her accomplishments as a musician and actress are null to you because she has shown her tits and done drugs
that is certainly having values and opinions

 
Old 05-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #185
MusicMan4
 
Posts: n/a
Default

as a a drug user with tits and mental illness i just believe we should have empathy for such people

we can not want to be friends with a courtney love but with all the actually despicable people in the world who kill (don't even start) and rape and start wars we can maybe collectively stop directing such vitriol at people like her

 
Old 05-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #186
Syrial Carpens
Pledge
 
Syrial Carpens's Avatar
 
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris Hilton View Post
netphorian pc brigade
This is a thing? What happened to this place?

 
Syrial Carpens is offline
Old 05-13-2014, 11:56 AM   #187
MusicMan4
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i think it's mostly me and d. but i certainly post enough to count as a brigade

 
Old 05-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #188
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan
 
The exploding boy's Avatar
 
Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Posts: 7,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris Hilton View Post
so her accomplishments as a musician and actress are null to you because she has shown her tits and done drugs
that is certainly having values and opinions
Nope, misreading me.

the tits thing goes back to the pathetic need for attention and having basically only succeeded because she was good at self promotion, mainly by being an accidental train wreck which the media just loves. I essentially feel the same way about pop artists taking off their shirt onstage to show their abs. And yes of course anyone who plays music and goes on stage is seeking attention, but some are more subtle and....decent... about it at least.

And what are exactly her accomplishments as a musician and actress? Now we're getting into subjectivity but it is my belief we wouldn't know who she was had she not married Cobain (they were on an indie when they met, next thing we Hole was on Geffen). The only thing she ever did as an actress is play drug addicts. Is it any surprise she was half decent at that?

and having values of course implies judging people. I check their behavior against my values then judge them based on it. Am I judgmental? Yes. Do I expect other people to be judgmental towards me? Yes.

I'd rather that then be wishy washy and give everyone a free pass on what they say or how they behave because I haven't been in their shoes and oh who knows really, they might be a great person and so on (and I fully expect people to treat me the same, the only thing that bothered me in the people's reaction to my post was the implication of misogyny, or that i'm being a prude because tits, that is what I bother defending myself on).

And no she hasn't raped or killed anyone (ok some disagree about that last one ) but based on the information I have on her which spans about two decades, I think I can make a judgment that she is a waste of skin (and yes sure I may be too, that still doesn't deprive me of the right to see she is). I have a real real issue with undeserving people being rewarded, especially when they are for being obnoxious. I think she is one of those. This is really what makes me angry. I spend a lot of my life giving too much of a shit about these things, it might be pathological and I should probably work more on bettering my life instead, but whatever.

 
The exploding boy is offline
Old 05-13-2014, 02:20 PM   #189
Kahlo
RIP Monte
 
Kahlo's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
whatever.
tl;dr

 
Kahlo is offline
Old 05-13-2014, 05:16 PM   #190
D.
😬
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: your memory
Posts: 35,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrial Carpens View Post
This is a thing? What happened to this place?
People grew the fuck up. It happens. Except exploding boy, I guess.

I think we all have and can have our warped little Netphorian humor without resorting to calling women diseased cunts, no? I mean, it's just too easy and take a no actual thought to be a creep/troll these days.

I mean whatever if people need to get their aggression towards a rock star because they are bitter they have gotten nowhere with their music than whatever I guess I'm just PC.

 
D. is offline
Old 05-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #191
D.
😬
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: your memory
Posts: 35,136
Default

What I do find funny and by funny I mean ridiculous is the "BUT I MAKE FUN OF EVERYONE" defense even though I've never seen the amount of vitriol exploding bro used to describe Courtney love used anywhere else on this board. Usually people who say they are equal opportunity haters are really just woman/minority haters.

I used to work with people like that. They equally hate every race yet somehow they never got around to dogging out their own.

 
D. is offline
Old 05-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #192
pavementtune
now what?
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 6,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
What is not grown up about having values and opinions? Unless you are referring to the anger. Or maybe you think i'm being judgemental. Well all i can say is from what i know people who have known courtney love don't tend to see her as a wonderful human being so i think my judgement of her based on what i know is probably close enough to the truth. And honestly the older i get the angrier i get. Might be bitterness. But when i see people like Courtney love succeed, it's hard not to be bitter. Of course it could be said she hasn't succeeded that well what with all the drug addiction problems but anyway, that video of her showing her tits and being like oh my god i'm so awesome cause like check out my tits just sent me a little over the edge.
Your "values" come off as a rant of someone who is incredibly jealous that any musician you think is shit gets attention, yet you don't.

Your posts in general - even when you say you are trolling like winners are guys fucking over 40 women under age 40 - have a misogynist undertone of someone who is sexually insecure and lashes out at people who aren't.

If you think you are voicing "opinions of an adult"- check your writing. You aren't.

Last edited by pavementtune : 05-13-2014 at 06:04 PM. Reason: spelling

 
pavementtune is offline
Old 05-14-2014, 12:22 AM   #193
vixnix
Socialphobic
 
vixnix's Avatar
 
Location: That God you believe in must have had his head right up his arse if he took Luke and not you instead
Posts: 10,305
Default

Courtney's no Joanna Newsom but for what she does, she is good enough to be noticed without showing her breasts. She does that because she doesn't care and it's pretty stupid that other people do, so she winds people up that way. It's basically face to face trolling.

 
vixnix is offline
Old 05-14-2014, 12:43 AM   #194
MusicMan4
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Putting out a few platinum albums and having acclaimed performances in movies from academy award winning directors are non-accomplishments in exploding boys head
I'm not going to even directly respond to his justifications because there aren't any
Just marinate on how absurd this is

 
Old 05-14-2014, 01:05 AM   #195
pavementtune
now what?
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 6,913
Default

I loved this gig.
Ultimate 'fuck you're performance, damn funny, and Northern Star is a great song.