Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 12-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #151
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Fox News is part of the (mindless) mainstream media
Some of it is, but they have some quality programming that takes on issues that no other mainstream network would touch.

There's another new show called Waters World that's great too. The guy goes along to universities to pick the students minds, and the vapid ignorance of these students is just mind blowing. I think it's good for this kind of thing to be showcased

But yeah, there's shows like Fox and Friends that is pretty much just mindless Trump praise that doesn't tackle any issues and to me, that shits just as bad as the crap that CNN airs.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #152
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

the problem with shows that do that kind of "crowdsourcing" for idiots is they really only need a few idiots. you can find enough idiots to fill a 10 minute segment anywhere you go. that's why when jay leno did that shit it wasn't impressive

and no show on CNN does anywhere near the fellating that fox and friends does

Old 12-09-2017, 08:19 PM   #153
fuzzyroes
Banned

Like this shits priceless

I'm not dumb enough to think that it's presented in a non sensational way, but it's still hilarious and no other news agencies are doing it.

There's almost sort of a rebellious edge that comes along with Fox news these days that I appreciate it. Some of it's dumb, but I find it hilarious. They're really sticking it to the liberal media which pretty much dominates the field. So they stand alone in mainstream TV in that regard.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:22 PM   #154
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
the problem with shows that do that kind of "crowdsourcing" for idiots is they really only need a few idiots. you can find enough idiots to fill a 10 minute segment anywhere you go. that's why when jay leno did that shit it wasn't impressive

and no show on CNN does anywhere near the fellating that fox and friends does
But see, Fox doesn't hide and try to act like they're being partial like CNN does while clearly having an agenda. Trump totally exposed all of that shit. Fox News definitely takes the Republican side, and now that the Republican party has undergone a paradigm shift of sorts, Fox news has scrambled to catch up and is more in style of a Breitbart now (Which is massive upgrade on what it used to be)

Old 12-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #155
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, there's still lots of cringe worthy shit on Fox News, but some of their top-rated programs are actually bringing the goods.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #156
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Like this shits priceless

I'm not dumb enough to think that it's presented in a non sensational way, but it's still hilarious and no other news agencies are doing it.
it's easy and meaningless. you interview 500 people and 20 of are super idiots and say something stupid and voila. it might be entertaining but it's not good journalism, innovative, or meaningful

Old 12-09-2017, 08:49 PM   #157
fuzzyroes
Banned

Well, it's somewhat a reflection of what's actually going on in the culture... A lot of people with middle of the road to high IQ's have no idea that there's people out there actually like that.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:56 PM   #158
fuzzyroes
Banned

And then they edit in the movie clips, it's comedy gold. Sensational, yes, but it's almost kind of punk rock in a way when compared to what these other stations air. Fox News just doesn't give a shit.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:59 PM   #159
fuzzyroes
Banned

They show some dumbass nude on the beach and then cut to Vince Vaughn from Swingers "They look pretty good are they real?"

Old 12-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #160
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
But see, Fox doesn't hide and try to act like they're being partial like CNN does while clearly having an agenda.
oh so it's not like their motto is "fair and balanced" or anything?

Old 12-09-2017, 09:20 PM   #161
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

is this the thread to watch Colbert? Haven't in a long time, gonna catch up in here.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:36 PM   #162
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
And then they edit in the movie clips, it's comedy gold. Sensational, yes, but it's almost kind of punk rock in a way when compared to what these other stations air. Fox News just doesn't give a shit.
this was jay leno's shtick. guess you think he was punk rock

Old 12-09-2017, 09:38 PM   #163
redbreegull

it's not punk rock fuzzy, it's sensationalist nonsense aimed at the lowest common denominator

and lo and behold, guess who thinks it's so cool that it's "punk rock"

Old 12-09-2017, 09:51 PM   #164
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
oh so it's not like their motto is "fair and balanced" or anything?
I've always figured that was meant with a wink and a chuckle... A little quip to piss off the liberals to no end.

It's not that Fox news isn't truthful, it's that they take the Infowars approach. They specialize in reporting the type of things that the other mainstream sources won't. So it's not like they even try to be bi-partisan... Only difference is they don't pretend to be. Fox news is no different from what CNN and MSNBC do on the democrat side. The irony is that a lot of you guys won't admit it... Just like the nutjobs who won't admit it about Fox-news.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:55 PM   #165
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Talking

the only funny one was "how would you fight the war on terror?"

"i wouldn't."

Old 12-09-2017, 09:58 PM   #166
fuzzyroes
Banned

That wasn't the best montage. He's way better now that he has his own show... But when I search him all I get are his old O'reily segments.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:01 PM   #167
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
it's not punk rock fuzzy, it's sensationalist nonsense aimed at the lowest common denominator
This simply isn't true. It's what liberals dismiss it as without even checking it out.

I mean, sure, a lot of it's probably crap. But Tucker Carlsons doing some good work, and even Sean Hannity's upped his game... Compared to shit like Rachael Maddow and Anderson Cooper, the Fox-News guys are the best.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:30 PM   #168
Shallowed
Braindead

shut the fuck up, fuzzy

Old 12-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #169
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
This simply isn't true. It's what liberals dismiss it as without even checking it out.

I mean, sure, a lot of it's probably crap. But Tucker Carlsons doing some good work, and even Sean Hannity's upped his game... Compared to shit like Rachael Maddow and Anderson Cooper, the Fox-News guys are the best.
ihbvgvhnjhgyuhjhghjknhbhjbyungfudctsrdyhgfdfrtyhgb

Old 12-09-2017, 10:53 PM   #170
redbreegull

you could try getting news from a real source fuzzy instead of trying to compare shitty sources to justify your sucking the dick of the republican propaganda machine's personal network

Old 12-09-2017, 11:02 PM   #171
fuzzyroes
Banned

Oh, dude, I definitely do.

I get all of my news from alternative sources.

I only watch the TV shit for a little entertainment.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:02 PM   #172
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

seriously there are other news sources besides cable fuckin tv

Old 12-09-2017, 11:09 PM   #173
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I like Fox because I don't have the patience to form complex opinions and they always seem to say things that generally back my team up in an easy-to-repeat manner.

What I don't like is when people ask me to explain those positions. I get frustrated and begin to contradict myself, lean on fallacious reasoning to force the conclusion or just cop out altogether.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:11 PM   #174
fuzzyroes
Banned

What the hell do you know about American politics Buzz? Aren't you an Aussie? No wonder you hate Trump so much.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:17 PM   #175
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

lol look who's fucking talking you doofus

Old 12-09-2017, 11:18 PM   #176
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Why would being from a Commonwealth nation other than yours change anything?

Other things:
1. I am not Australian, no.
2. Trump would do well in Australia, where catering to xenophobia is a political must-do.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:28 PM   #177
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
What the hell do you know about American politics Buzz? Aren't you an Aussie? No wonder you hate Trump so much.
lol

Old 12-09-2017, 11:30 PM   #178
buzzard
Minion of Satan

If only I was geographically proximate enough that I could simply absorb all the awareness he so frequently puts on display.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:52 PM   #179
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
lol look who's fucking talking you doofus
I'm like a 2 hour drive away from entering the United States though. I basically consider myself an American in most ways. So I definitely know a lot more than some guy in Australia

Old 12-09-2017, 11:58 PM   #180
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I'm pretty sure there are several guys in Australia that never thought Obamacare was an insurance plan, on the other hand.