Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 03-18-2018, 10:39 PM   #91
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I was like 3 when MCIS came out dude lol. But the ideals of alternative music and that movement, which SP were part of, were pretty far apart from the stuff BC says now.
well... in the 90s he also had a grown woman as partner, in the 2010s he casted a childbride for his genius sperm. 20 years are a lot. as baffling as it is, it's not exactly rare for rich (and at some point in their life famous and successful) dudes hitting 50 to go all out on several levels.

the entire circle of people he surrounds himself with is entirely different than back then as well.

in the 90s he wrote albums that are the reason each and everyone on here registered one day. he wrote widow bake my mind 20 years later. what I'm getting is - some people become better versions of themselves, and grow artistically as well, and others don't.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:42 PM   #92
slunken
Virgo

fans should pester yelena to spill some beans about how he fucked that relationship up

Old 03-18-2018, 10:45 PM   #93
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Why? Yelena has a good career, family, kids. She dodged a bullet, pretty much. And since she didn't pull tabloid rants until now, I think it's safe to assume she has no desire to fill in the gaps for fanfiction.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #94
sjpaterra
Ownz

Hey OP, Fuck this band, we’ll all start being more positive when the music stops fucking sucking. Remember zeitgeist red, blue, green, and grey? Do you remember American gothic? GLOW? That car commercial, can’t even remember that piece of garbage shit poor excuse for a song. Shaman Durek? Remember teargardrn by kaleidyscope? Remember those 2 shitty EPs? How about the album within the album? Mike byrne? Oceania? How about that orb? Monuments to an elegy? Tommy lee? Jack bates? END TIMES TOUR?! Jesus. Now this historical revisionist’s half-baked reunion? No D’arcy? James and Jeff? Have you forgotten about all this? Are you seriously asking what all the negativity is about?

Old 03-18-2018, 11:36 PM   #95
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
It’s crazy how amazing his legacy would be if he had died in 2000.
nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpaterra View Post
Hey OP, Fuck this band, we’ll all start being more positive when the music stops fucking sucking. Remember zeitgeist red, blue, green, and grey? Do you remember American gothic? GLOW? That car commercial, can’t even remember that piece of garbage shit poor excuse for a song. Shaman Durek? Remember teargardrn by kaleidyscope? Remember those 2 shitty EPs? How about the album within the album? Mike byrne? Oceania? How about that orb? Monuments to an elegy? Tommy lee? Jack bates? END TIMES TOUR?! Jesus. Now this historical revisionist’s half-baked reunion? No D’arcy? James and Jeff? Have you forgotten about all this? Are you seriously asking what all the negativity is about?
one mans garbage is another mans treasure.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:40 PM   #96
myosis
Minion of Satan

all this talk about trump but i never heard corgan voice support for trump.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:49 PM   #97
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
all this talk about trump but i never heard corgan voice support for trump.
Well the internet isn't exactly short of evidence, namely videos of Billy actually fucking doing it.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:07 PM   #98
myosis
Minion of Satan

i've heard him comment on trump, i haven't heard him endorse Trump. the only thing i found he had to say about his politics is:

"I think what's cool, and I'm not saying I agree politically, but I think what's cool is Trump's running chaos theory."

Old 03-19-2018, 07:22 PM   #99
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
nice.

one mans garbage is another mans treasure.
https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram...NjYwNjIyMjU2.2

Old 03-19-2018, 10:42 PM   #100
Laundro
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpaterra View Post
That car commercial, can’t even remember that piece of garbage shit poor excuse for a song.
How can you possibly not remember the greatness of "Feelalo"?

Old 03-19-2018, 11:00 PM   #101
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

So it's all very obtuse, because it's all, like, I don't know. So, like, I started thinking that everything I operate on is based on what I believe God was telling me to do. God could be my intuition or whatever, but I always assume, I always assume that the voice I hear is the voice of God. Then I started thinking, what if I'm insane? So I'm operating on the premise that I'm hearing the voice of God or what I perceive to be God speaking to me or through me, but maybe I'm completely in...so all my...demagoguery in my life about me thinking that my life has importance, my, my...thinking that my life has importance. My--my--my thought of it and the fact that I believe I'm following my intuition which in and of itself may be completely false. So then I started freaking out, thinking--of itself may be completely false. And again this creature that believes he's acting upon heavenly intuition but meanwhile he's totally rampant. And I started thinking maybe this is the cause of all the negativity against--and I started thinking maybe this is the cause of all the negativity against--and I started thinking maybe this is the cause of all the negativity against...

Old 03-19-2018, 11:07 PM   #102
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

D'arcy said Billy supports Trump

Old 03-20-2018, 08:03 AM   #103
TheAeroplane
Demi-God

I'm not saying the SP or Billy should be beyond scrutiny. What I'm saying is that there is a gigantic difference between constructive criticism with a good and honest intention to help and just maliciously destroying someone.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #104
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAeroplane View Post
I'm not saying the SP or Billy should be beyond scrutiny. What I'm saying is that there is a gigantic difference between constructive criticism with a good and honest intention to help and just maliciously destroying someone.
There's also a gigantic difference between maliciously destroying someone, and pointing out when they're being a two-faced manipulative cunt.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #105
HerVelvetSpleen
Pledge

I don't believe that people posting on Netphoria has destroyed anything for Billy. I fell out of love with the band due to mediocre (at best) output, and I started actively disliking him because of his own malicious words. Billy himself has used malicious words in attempts to destroy people. There are examples in this thread.

Your pleas for constructive criticism only makes you sound like a 5th grade English teacher. Even if that was all that was offered here, it would be neither heeded nor appreciated by Billy. It would make it just like every other Fahrenheit1979 message board available. Let the jaded fans stay jaded.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:02 AM   #106
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerVelvetSpleen View Post
I don't believe that people posting on Netphoria has destroyed anything for Billy.
exactly.

this isn't his social media account where you could argue that spamming "yo dude you SUCK" at least can add to anyone, including artists, feeling harassed.

the only thing this niche is capably of ruining is, mmm, let me think, 50 people not having bought Siddhartha? ouch, career ruined!

Old 03-20-2018, 09:04 AM   #107
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Except Billy is an asshole. There's just many too fine examples of his douchebaggery. If there is negativity, it was created due to Billy's actions and behavior. I didn't need Netphoria to become negative about Billy. He did that just fine on his own. I was a huge fan. But I'm not one who can separate the music from the asshole, especially when said asshole doubles down on his assholeness. Plus constantly belittling his band members, rewriting history, and when his music output becomes subpar he uses that to blame the fans and music listeners, it doesn't really inspire respect and admiration. Plus Alex Jones, Trump, shapeshifters, wrestlers, and then trying to act all spiritual and faux humble, the dude comes off as a big creeper.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:06 AM   #108
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Thumbs up

Quote:
awesome, didn't know i have that power!

Old 03-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #109
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
exactly.

this isn't his social media account where you could argue that spamming "yo dude you SUCK" at least can add to anyone, including artists, feeling harassed.

the only thing this niche is capably of ruining is, mmm, let me think, 50 people not having bought Siddhartha? ouch, career ruined!
Multiple people, who I would believe without hesitation, told me (in 2013/2014) that he reads EVERYTHING about himself obsessively; including Netphoria. Apparently from 2010-2012, he stopped reading Netphoria directly, but would still have fans and people in his "crew" summarize what we said here. For instance, on the Oceania cruise, you can hear Monte telling Billy that "even Netphoria liked Oceania."

Apparently, he dove back into reading this forum himself in 2013, during that awful North American tour where the band played half-empty city fairs. Billy got pissed that Nicole communicated directly with fans about what was going on with Monte at the time (everyone was pissed at Monte for opposing gay marriage even though a lesbian
played in the band). Ironically, Nicole's stance was very fair to Monte. She said something along the lines of, "of course I don't agree with his point-of-view, but he's a good guy and we need to respect all opinions." Regardless, Billy felt like she went behind his back saying anything at all without his approval, and apparently this made him super paranoid and ended with him deciding he needed to keep tabs on the band's online presence. From what I was told, that whole incident was one of the main factors that went into his decision to not renew Nicole's contract.

In all fairness, it very well could be that he does not read this board as much anymore since he is probably busy with a child, but he was a frequent visitor here. Apparently the incredibly poor reaction/outright mockery of Monuments to an Elegy here was one of the factors that really caused Billy to reevaluate what the band should be in 2015.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:42 AM   #110
pavementtune

that is still his problem, if he wants to go all out on a masochism spree and look HERE - be my guest. it is not directed at him, nor on his own accounts, which is my point.

there is a big difference if you go to the facebook pages of someone to leave it on THEIR wall how much you think they suck, or if you do it, for example, here. for one, in terms of intention. what is the intention of people leaving hurtful shit on D'arcy's (how do you add the 's to D'arcy, this looks wrong) facebook page? that is not the same intention than talking shit about her in groups she is not a member of.
the former, at least to my logic, includes the intention that they read it, and that it gets to them. this is, unlike the o-board, not his place in any shape or form.

(and I very much doubt Bully still visits this place, at least it would contradict everything I've heard in the last couple of years. and if he does, well, again, then he seeks it out.)

Old 03-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #111
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
So it's all very obtuse, because it's all, like, I don't know. So, like, I started thinking that everything I operate on is based on what I believe God was telling me to do. God could be my intuition or whatever, but I always assume, I always assume that the voice I hear is the voice of God. Then I started thinking, what if I'm insane? So I'm operating on the premise that I'm hearing the voice of God or what I perceive to be God speaking to me or through me, but maybe I'm completely in...so all my...demagoguery in my life about me thinking that my life has importance, my, my...thinking that my life has importance. My--my--my thought of it and the fact that I believe I'm following my intuition which in and of itself may be completely false. So then I started freaking out, thinking--of itself may be completely false. And again this creature that believes he's acting upon heavenly intuition but meanwhile he's totally rampant. And I started thinking maybe this is the cause of all the negativity against--and I started thinking maybe this is the cause of all the negativity against--and I started thinking maybe this is the cause of all the negativity against...
so bts the fnal coda
f r vnyl strm

Old 03-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #112
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
D'arcy said Billy supports Trump
i would ask her the very same, i.e. to expand on this, because she hasn't exactly been hanging out with him, so she might as well be judging from the same sources that everyone else here seem to be.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:13 AM   #113
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
that is still his problem, if he wants to go all out on a masochism spree and look HERE - be my guest. it is not directed at him, nor on his own accounts, which is my point.

there is a big difference if you go to the facebook pages of someone to leave it on THEIR wall how much you think they suck, or if you do it, for example, here. for one, in terms of intention. what is the intention of people leaving hurtful shit on D'arcy's (how do you add the 's to D'arcy, this looks wrong) facebook page? that is not the same intention than talking shit about her in groups she is not a member of.
the former, at least to my logic, includes the intention that they read it, and that it gets to them. this is, unlike the o-board, not his place in any shape or form.

(and I very much doubt Bully still visits this place, at least it would contradict everything I've heard in the last couple of years. and if he does, well, again, then he seeks it out.)
I was not meaning to contradict you at all. I agree 100%. I just wanted to respond to people who wondered if he ever visited the place.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:21 AM   #114
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Billy is butthurt.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:31 AM   #115
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Like, literally?

Old 03-20-2018, 11:36 AM   #116
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

For all you hear of Billy's temper tantrums, his viciousness, and him flying off the handle, I wish he would put just a single, tiny, little drop of that anger into his music so I could feel at least some sort of resemblence to an emotional human being in Billy's music today instead of this faux-spiritual lover BS he tries to pass off as genuine. Instead I hear someone trying to cater to the lowest common demominator thinking it will sell more records to tweens so he could feel relevant again.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:19 PM   #117
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

there is no real person there and there never was. it's always been a false image and now enough people from along the way have spread the truth. as a fan, there are too many examples of lies, projection, bitterness, and yeah, faux-spiritual lover BS to keep ignoring.

i, for one, can't separate the music from the man. i don't respect him anymore.

dude is sick and tired. one last tour to grab as much cash as he can. can't wait for footage of him onstage telling all his fans that don't support him anymore how wrong we all are and that we can all fuck off.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:03 PM   #118
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
For instance, on the Oceania cruise, you can hear Monte telling Billy that "even Netphoria liked Oceania."
That little sumbitch.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:28 PM   #119
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
Multiple people, who I would believe without hesitation, told me (in 2013/2014) that he reads EVERYTHING about himself obsessively; including Netphoria. Apparently from 2010-2012, he stopped reading Netphoria directly, but would still have fans and people in his "crew" summarize what we said here. For instance, on the Oceania cruise, you can hear Monte telling Billy that "even Netphoria liked Oceania."

Apparently, he dove back into reading this forum himself in 2013, during that awful North American tour where the band played half-empty city fairs. Billy got pissed that Nicole communicated directly with fans about what was going on with Monte at the time (everyone was pissed at Monte for opposing gay marriage even though a lesbian
played in the band). Ironically, Nicole's stance was very fair to Monte. She said something along the lines of, "of course I don't agree with his point-of-view, but he's a good guy and we need to respect all opinions." Regardless, Billy felt like she went behind his back saying anything at all without his approval, and apparently this made him super paranoid and ended with him deciding he needed to keep tabs on the band's online presence. From what I was told, that whole incident was one of the main factors that went into his decision to not renew Nicole's contract.

In all fairness, it very well could be that he does not read this board as much anymore since he is probably busy with a child, but he was a frequent visitor here. Apparently the incredibly poor reaction/outright mockery of Monuments to an Elegy here was one of the factors that really caused Billy to reevaluate what the band should be in 2015.

>>>

https://i.imgur.com/PQJwBTN.png

Old 03-20-2018, 02:35 PM   #120
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
That little sumbitch.

Monte & Billy fistbumping:

https://i.imgur.com/2FNXgvz.gif