Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

Default billy corgan lunch was not cwilson.. surprise

turns out cwilson was one of the problem bidders that mucked up the auction.

congrats to deano who got it!!

Smashing Pumpkins dot com | lunch billy

Old 10-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
Mo
Immortal

Still, paying several thousand dollars and buying plane tickets from Australia for this..?

Old 10-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
Sebastian
Apocalyptic Poster

Not to forget... paying $15,000 for the chance of bringing BC a present and talking to him about spirituality?

Old 10-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

If I had to spend $15,000 to talk to a celebrity about any one thing, it would definetely be vibrations.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

guy is nuts

Old 10-26-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

http://www.englishrussia.com/forum/f...cepalm_224.gif

Old 10-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Do any of you ever just hang out with your friends and get drunk, do stupid shit or take pictures of girls puking in your trash cans?? Guess what? I DO!

Old 10-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #8
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Club View Post
If I had to spend $15,000 to talk to a celebrity about any one thing, it would definetely be vibrations.
i think the winning bid was about half that, after the morons were sorted out (cwilson)

what have you got to say about it assholemaximus you worthless piece of trash! no need for any of that to happen in the first place

Old 10-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

cwilson could have gotten away with the lie, had he shut the fuck up a bit.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #10
Loop
Pledge

cwilson explain yourself.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #11
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

1. Common sense to NEVER have spaghetti on a first date..I mean seriously, its always going to end in tears
2. Billy brings Kerry Brown's brother, so you pay $15,000 for lunch with Billy and its a whole lunch + 1 + Todd combo..I would of told Keith to fuck off so I can fiddle with myself under the table infront of Billy with a bit more privacy.
3. "It is quite a sacred instrument, and, to me, it's a direct reflection of how much I value the band's music."......You sir, are mental

and finally...

"Yes, a little bit, though I didn't want to focus on that. One thing I did mention to Billy was how some unique chord changes over the years have totally knocked me across the room - as I'm sure many fans of the band will relate to. I used "Blank Page" as one such example; starting from the 3:16 mark, there is a G chord which changes to a haunting, beautiful F minor. Musically, your ear is expecting an F major chord, which is the technically "correct" thing to do. I asked how he comes up with non-conventional changes like that, and he said that, as in the case with "Blank Page," it's more of an intuitive, gut feel thing."

Ok after that last line no wonder Billy brought reinforcement with him. I'd of issued the restraining order then and there, or communicated with the bloke across the room with some cups and string.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #12
TheMilstead
Minion of Satan

From the looks of this thread, I'm apparently in the minority, but I agree with ciGarski. I'm glad that guy was the winner and not some jackass like cwilson. Who cares if they talked spirituality? If they both genuinely enjoyed themselves, wasn't it worth it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaldz View Post
Ok after that last line no wonder Billy brought reinforcement with him. I'd of issued the restraining order then and there, or communicated with the bloke across the room with some cups and string.
There's nothing wrong with the guy expressing how he felt about certain moments in songs. And he's certainly not the only one, because dean_r_koontz had a thread about this very recently: http://forums.netphoria.org/smashing...ns-cannon.html

Old 10-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #13
AaroniusMaximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid_interval View Post

congrats to deano who got it!!

Smashing Pumpkins dot com | lunch billy
I couldn't help but reply to this.. how ironic that one of the main assholes that were here bashing me for this imaginary lunch, is now saying "congrats" to some other idiot who spent all that money.. shut your cum dumpsters next time guys and catch onto trolls (such as me) before they turn into 50+ page threads!

Old 10-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
Caine Walker
Braindead

well, that was a matter of time.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #15
Ugly
Immortal

Location: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed

c_wilson's bid was legitimate, if he could bamboozle another person in ponying up 7 grand. So his initial post was genuine. Now he's trying to play it off that it was all 100% a gag. When your last line of defense is "lol! I'm a troll!" it's reached sub-pathetic levels.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #16
dustrock
debunked!

Location: Part-alien, part-human, part-robot, part-star-crossed lover and part-mercury filled

cool gift.

obviously he was on Billy's level spiritually. :P

Old 10-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #17
Mo
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaroniusMaximus View Post
I couldn't help but reply to this.. how ironic that one of the main assholes that were here bashing me for this imaginary lunch, is now saying "congrats" to some other idiot who spent all that money.. shut your cum dumpsters next time guys and catch onto trolls (such as me) before they turn into 50+ page threads!

You, sir, are pathetic.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #18
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

Dean: Yes, but more specifically, I would say that vibration was the central theme. That led to a conversation about indigineous cultures around the world, and how they have all stumbled across the same frequencies in tribal ceremonies, and how they are all in harmony with the resonant frequencies of the earth. There is a great book called Civilization One that explains this. It describes the relationship between light, music & sound, colour, measurements - the whole thing; everything in our world is a vibration moving at a certain wavelength.

Dean: Yes, but more specifically, I would say that vibration was the central theme. That led to a conversation about indigineous cultures around the world, and how they have all stumbled across the same frequencies in tribal ceremonies, and how they are all in harmony with the resonant frequencies of the earth. There is a great book called Civilization One that explains this. It describes the relationship between light, music & sound, colour, measurements - the whole thing; everything in our world is a vibration moving at a certain wavelength.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #19
Ugly
Immortal

The guy also did a weightlifting competition to Tonight Tonight. I can't even copy & paste it, but it's in there.

I have nothing against a weightlifting competition per. se, it's just you need a better tune. You know, one more conductive to weightlifting.

I bet he can still bench-press the shit out of cwilson.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #20
<sp3

Quote:
I couldn't help but reply to this.. how ironic that one of the main assholes that were here bashing me for this imaginary lunch, is now saying "congrats" to some other idiot who spent all that money..
he can probably afford it

you are a stupid broke idiot

Old 10-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #21
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop View Post
cwilson explain yourself.
Seriously?

Quote:
catch onto trolls (such as me) before they turn into 50+ page threads!

Seriously?

Old 10-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #22
Shallowed
Braindead

One thing I did mention to Billy was how some unique chord changes over the years have totally knocked me across the room - as I'm sure many fans of the band will relate to. I used "Blank Page" as one such example; starting from the 3:16 mark, there is a G chord which changes to a haunting, beautiful F minor. Musically, your ear is expecting an F major chord, which is the technically "correct" thing to do. I asked how he comes up with non-conventional changes like that,

Old 10-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #23
june_soma
Whore of Saul Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
I bet he can still bench-press the shit out of cwilson.
I bet he can benchpress cwilson, which would be much more fun to watch.

And talk about a snoozefest of a lunch conversation. Yikes. Don't people talk about sex and drugs anymore? We are truly one boring-as-fuck-generation. Sheesh!

Old 10-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #24
Ugly
Immortal

To be fair, cwilson's lunch would have been a hell of a lot more entertaining.

"Sobbing man tries to forcibly fellate rock star in public, gets ass kicked by some old dude from The Electric Prunes"

Old 10-26-2009, 11:29 PM   #25
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

I just want to know what restaurant they ate at

http://forums.netphoria.org/smashing...ml#post3523670
Quote:
asked him if the lunch happened yet and he said NO IT WILL BE ON JULY 31

Old 10-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #26
vbshlofbvgos
Apocalyptic Poster

everyone is a liar

Old 10-27-2009, 12:04 AM   #27
Ugly
Immortal

Yet some are more liar-y than others.
CWILSON!

Old 10-27-2009, 12:11 AM   #28
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid_interval View Post
source?

Old 10-27-2009, 12:21 AM   #29
aomb1979
Ownz

Wow what an irritating read.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:24 AM   #30
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
When your last line of defense is "lol! I'm a troll!" it's reached sub-pathetic levels.

HEY! C-WILSON IS STILL A MORON! lol

btw C-WILSON, how do you like my new hat?

<---