Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #541
smurfing
Apocalyptic Poster

I think Aphex Twins are more influenced by NIN than the other way around... both great tho

Old 04-07-2007, 09:49 PM   #542
KrazeeStacee

http://www.redhorsevector.net/

That explains the night club incident.

Found from hidden words in The Great Destroyer.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #543
redbull
Immortal

cool video

Old 04-11-2007, 11:31 PM   #544
KrazeeStacee

If you subscribed to the opensourceresistance.net mailing list you got this email today:

Quote:
Unbelievable, the quality of stuff you have been sending in. Check out the new content on the site-and beyond that, people are starting to submit platforms with real potential. From campus DJs and copy store clerks to people with connections at major networks and publications. This feels like the start of something real. (I'll be sending out the first few connections soon, so please keep them coming. Every voice out here helps.)

Local news-some very serious artists in LA are making a difference in a very public place. Check out the piece near Melrose and Ogden in LA. If you're worried about where this country (and this world) is going, check out their work. It will remind you why you should be worried: but maybe give you a little juice for the fight, too.

Lastly, a few of us are talking about organizing a meeting here in LA. If you're interested, show up at the Melrose location at or a little after 7 pm on this Friday evening (April 13th). Wear something that shows you're one of us. Stand under the big pig and follow the revolver across the street to the van. Knock twice. When you've got the stuff, get out of there fast. Don't attract attention. Don't be followed.

That's it for now. Sometimes it feels like hope is hard to come by. What you're doing makes hope a little easier for me to find.

Neil
People on ETS are currently going out there now to see this art or whatever it is and take pictures.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #546
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

yowza.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #547
KrazeeStacee

Man it's so great how all this shit can blow up over night. I'll have to look at this later.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #548
stellawasadiver
Ownz

So Stacee, what do you think will happen tomorrow night at the "meet up"?

Most people think it's going to be a concert,

OH and at Hot Topic, they are having Year Zero listening parties tomorrow night, maybe they'll have give a ways or something, they did when I walked in there for some album, that new MCR thing

Old 04-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #549
redbull
Immortal

fucking cool

Old 04-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #550
KrazeeStacee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellawasadiver
So Stacee, what do you think will happen tomorrow night at the "meet up"?

Most people think it's going to be a concert,

OH and at Hot Topic, they are having Year Zero listening parties tomorrow night, maybe they'll have give a ways or something, they did when I walked in there for some album, that new MCR thing
I doubt it's a concert. I honestly have no idea what they have in store and I'm excited to find out. I'm sure whatever they're doing though, they'll do in other major cities.

People were hoping since it said "traveling home" on their website that it would like, be Trent himself or something - lol, keep dreaming kids.

It's probably going to be some neat AIR propaganda or something with some new clues...or if they're lucky it might be some music or something. Either way, I doubt they're going to give out concert tickets to a secret show...but hey, you never know. I just don't think they've tied all that into the story enough yet to go ahead with something like that. Remember, they're only "meeting" the guy who's operating the opensourceresistance.net page...

Although I have to point out that I think it's so strange how that whole bullshit with the dude who was trying to get people to meet up with him - how that happened and people were all "Oh wouldn't that be cool if they had us all meet somewhere to meet with someone or something" and now it's really happening. I honestly think they have people reading The Spiral and ETS because there's been other coincidences like that too...

Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 PM   #551
stellawasadiver
Ownz

Yeah I remember that guy PM'ing all those guys at ETS

And another coincidence would be ETS making the Year Zero comic book, and what happens? A website with comics

I wish I could be there tomorrow, a bunch of NIN superfans all wearing AIR clothing hiding around this place waiting for a van to pull up, hahaha everyone around them are going to think they are waiting for drugs or something

I can't rule anything out though, this whole thing is crazy and what you don't expect seems to come true

Old 04-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #552
KrazeeStacee

Yep...I hope there's tons of people there (although I doubt it) and I hope people take pictures. I bet it'll be pretty funny.

They've really done a great job with all of this and they really know how to keep it interesting...I'm really glad I got into it. Although it kinda makes me sad that all the people who aren't into it now aren't really ever going to get into it because each week that passes, the pile of information keeps getting bigger and bigger. It's like a weekend project just to catch up.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:36 PM   #553
stellawasadiver
Ownz

I know! I happened to be on ETS when that guy noticed the back of the shirt had the words,website etc.

It's so much fun following this, even if I don't really do the in depth research like most seem to do over there. The Spiral is just like, lol look a new website!! this is fun! look at that comiccc!!! *back to posting pics of TR!!*

Old 04-12-2007, 10:46 PM   #554
KrazeeStacee

Yeah I don't have access to the spiral but ets is pretty hardcore. I appreciate their hard work, cuz I'm too lazy to do all that research. It's pretty cool to read some of the weird connections and stuff. I'm totally not worried about trying to figure out the book quotes or the 24 numbers, I think we'll find out what that all means later. But as for the crazy shit, like about how scientists are trying to figure out how to time travel...that kinda blew my mind.

Yeah I got into it right around when they found the presence in the spectograph or whatever. We downloaded the songs off oink and listened to them, the next day I wanted to read about where the USBs came from and now I'm a big nerd.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #555
KrazeeStacee

Most of all I'm glad it's such a kickass album on top of all this. *drool*

Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #556
stellawasadiver
Ownz

I know!
I got like 20 text messages the night it leaked telling me about it leaking

I've listened to it SO much that I'm forcing myself to not listen anymore until the cd comes out

T Rez is making me very happy now

Old 04-13-2007, 01:57 AM   #557
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellawasadiver
I know! I happened to be on ETS when that guy noticed the back of the shirt had the words,website etc.

It's so much fun following this, even if I don't really do the in depth research like most seem to do over there. The Spiral is just like, lol look a new website!! this is fun! look at that comiccc!!! *back to posting pics of TR!!*
Who are you over at ETS?

I'm under the same name there.

The album is amazing, and I'm just now discovering the rest of the NIN catalog. Great stuff.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:34 AM   #558
PkPhuoko
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfing
I think Aphex Twins are more influenced by NIN than the other way around... both great tho

lmfao

comedy

Old 04-13-2007, 02:37 AM   #559
darcyismybass
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: makin movies, makin songs and fightin 'round the world

This album is pretty good, but some of the tracks seem a lot longer than they are.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:37 AM   #560
PkPhuoko
Minion of Satan

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1OQGSTV6

since the links are getting busted fast

Old 04-13-2007, 02:40 AM   #561
PkPhuoko
Minion of Satan

actually better link

Code:
http://quasar.coil.ru/yz/

Old 04-13-2007, 11:56 AM   #562
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeStacee
Isn't it? Man, I finally got to really listen to it all really loud in my truck. I love how that part just breaks right into the crazy noise part.

I cannot wait to hear this live.
I'm right with you there. Hearing on computer speakers is one thing; hearing it with a subwoofer is another. Man, I can't wait.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:50 PM   #563
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

i'm up to track 5, when does this get good

Old 04-13-2007, 07:09 PM   #564
Starchildren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000
i'm up to track 5, when does this get good

tracks 9-16

Old 04-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #565
PkPhuoko
Minion of Satan

meet your master is classic

Old 04-14-2007, 12:03 AM   #566
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

on a local rock station they played the entire album. its pretty awesome. i only got to hear til about the 6th track since i was in the car. im def buying this cd.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:54 AM   #567
stellawasadiver
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactlythesame
Who are you over at ETS?

I'm under the same name there.

The album is amazing, and I'm just now discovering the rest of the NIN catalog. Great stuff.
I'm owMyeyeball?
I don't really post anything at all, just read and sometimes comment on things.

The thing in LA tonight sounded fucking awesome, I can't wait to find out who calls all the people with the phones given out-and what they will be attending

I'm jealous

Old 04-14-2007, 10:22 AM   #568
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

so what happened at the meetup last night? with the van and all that shit?

Old 04-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #569
stellawasadiver
Ownz

NIN Hotline
If you haven't been following the recent ARG developments over the past week, you've missed a lot. One of the newly-discovered websites, Open Source Resistance, advertised a meeting in LA for last night with explicit instructions on clothing to be worn and procedure to be followed. For the fans who showed up, they were surprised with an AIR kit which *******d buttons, posters, stencils, and in some cases, cell phones. Ongoing discussion regarding the kit and its contents is going on at ETS, so hop over there for up-to-date and continuing information.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...e_franval/air/

People are saying it could be a show, a video shoot, or lord knows what

I think this is a first of many meet ups to happen not just in L.A, but in other cities around the U.S.
I mean this whole thing isn't even close to being finished, we still have Year Zero pt. 2...

Old 04-15-2007, 01:46 AM   #570
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

open source resistance, eh?

looks to me like they want people to join gangs and start tagging the city, heh.