Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2018, 01:57 PM   #1351
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

I think D'arcy and Brett have a thing going...

Old 04-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #1352
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
If anyone sees James iha and has the opportunity?

Slap him good and hard and tell him it's from me.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:10 PM   #1353
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Where is that long comment from? I didn't see it on Alternative Nation.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:14 PM   #1354
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

It's a reply to Atrosion Band

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/a...ent-3851478105

Old 04-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #1355
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Oh nevermind it is on AN, must have missed it, wow.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #1356
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

I had overseen it first too. Disqus is a confusing forum in its arrangement of communication, changing the timeline constantly and muting longer text passages.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #1357
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

so D'Arcy and James were good friends this whole time? I thought they were not?

Old 04-12-2018, 03:22 PM   #1358
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
How dare she!

Old 04-12-2018, 04:04 PM   #1359
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
The most recent picture of D'arcy I know of is the one she sent me for the Mancow article a month or so ago. She took that right when when she sent it, it wasn't a few years old like the one in the interview article.
The photo I have is from 2017 I think. She has no make-up on or anything, it's just a normal photo. Pretty sure it hasn't been seen or circulated. I'm not kidding at all but if no one here is interested that's fine.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #1360
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
so D'Arcy and James were good friends this whole time? I thought they were not?
D’arcy contradicts herself often.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #1361
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Before that comment is taken as anti-D’arcy, Billy also contradicts himself also and is a buttmunch

Old 04-12-2018, 07:49 PM   #1362
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
Haha, nah she's just cool to talk to. With most musicians I've ever interviewed there seems like there's a wall put up and you're not having a real conversation. D'arcy though doesn't have any sort of ego in that regard, she just talks to you on a level playing field.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:02 PM   #1363
cork_soaker
full of longing

book title:

Never Any Bridges
~From Bass to Grace~
The D’arcy Wretsky Story

Old 04-12-2018, 08:04 PM   #1364
cork_soaker
full of longing

love. loss. redemption?

Old 04-12-2018, 08:15 PM   #1365
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Wretsky? Another story we didn't know yet...

Old 04-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #1366
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

The next bunch of comments. D'arcy first trying cocaine...

90’s Legend Thinks Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan ‘F*cked Over’ D’arcy
https://www.alternativenation.net/90...ent-3851498431

Fey Wutt _horizont_
Billy called me about a year ago and started ranting about how "fans don't care about the original lineup, they just want you back."
I spoke to him for over an hour, trying to alleviate his worries and talk sense into him.
It was a lot like trying to talk down a jumper .
yes.
i have had a LOT of experience helping suicidal friends, but
Billy is the only one who ever
'jumped'.
----------------------------
Me not being in the band again has absolutely nothing to do w/ANY of everyone's questions.
-------------------------------
This is about Billy and his insecurities.
It's very sad.

+

Aragon131 Fey Wutt
You were the only one who had the courage to stand up to him. Such a pity he doesn't realize how desperately he needs that in his life. How desperately he needs that in his art. Without you to reign in his ego he's been flying off the rails for years now.

Fey Wutt Aragon131
I honestly think he is very, very sick & he doesn't believe in any kind of traditional medicine anymore which as far as I'm concerned is yet another symptom that he is really quite ill.
He's always been an asshole but he's never been crazy like this

+

Cletus Hammersmith Mike Lidstone • 23 days ago
It won't come out in the NYT interview. Billy won't be forthcoming on this at all. He will either lie and play the innocent good guy, or hurl a bunch of insults at D'arcy again. I know she really wanted to be a part of it, but it's probably better for her sanity that she isn't. I'm certain Billy takes years off of people's lives. lol

Fey Wutt Cletus Hammersmith • 40 minutes ago
Word.
I most definitely dodged a bullet on this one!

+

Fey Wutt Mike Lidstone
Hi again.
Billy is a very insecure person.
James used to be too, but nw not anymore
for many, many reasons.
Billy told James and me on may occasions over the years that he is jealous of us and why he was jealous.
he is not threatened by James anymore for a lot of reasons,
but he called me a year ago depressed and saying that no one cares about the original members of the band and that the fans only want me back.
That is not true.
I tried to tell him that it wasn't true.
I tried for over an hour to talk some sense into him.
I failed.
That's why i'm not in the band.

+

timmy hendero Fey Wutt
Oh you told me troll
BTW the pumpkins blow

Fey Wutt timmy hendero
in their current incarnation?
i can only agree with you.

+

Aragon131 James DiGriz
D'arcy made everything clear. Certain BC fans are just choosing to dismiss anything that doesn't suit their narrative as fake news. I hope D'arcy writes a book one day and makes everything clear. Plus I'm betting she had some fascinating stories to tell.

Fey Wutt Aragon131
Nail on the head.
THANK YOU FOR
PAYING ATTENTION !!!
(not to me, but my actual
WORDS)
��

+

Fey Wutt OliCoon
Thanks!
it stinks the way it all went down, but i have to say, i dodged a bullet on this one.
people think I'm making jokes when I say I think he has brain tumor but I am not kidding.
people think I'm making jokes when I say I think he has a brain tumor but I am not kidding.
that's how his mom died right about the same age that Billy is now.
He has never been this bat-shit crazy, and one of us wouldn't have survived this tour.

+

Trovoid Fey Wutt • 3 days ago
Are you referring to the money Chris helped Billy make for the Singles soundtrack? Or was this recently? Because I honestly can't imagine anyone from Soundgarden lending Billy money.

I know it's a long shot but do you have any memories of Chris that stand out in your mind? Also, I hope you have a speedy recovery from the flu!

Fey Wutt Trovoid
This was a somewhat recent thing.

Yeah.
Chris was a really kind, talented person.

I was always and always will be a fan of Soundgarden and all the guys in Soundgarden.

they were always VERY kind, crazy talented and SO INTELLIGENT !!!

&
MY GOD DID THEY ROCK!!!

It's absolutely crushing
about Chris.

I can't believe it has been almost a year now.

It still feels like just a few days ago.
��

i just can't wrap my head around this.

Trovoid Fey Wutt
Yes, they were some of the smartest guys in rock and roll.. I cherish their music and I'll NEVER be okay with this.

I can't believe you said this was recently. Those guys are too nice. Billy talked a lot of shit about their reunion.. And look at him now! Man, I can't stand hypocrisy. I had a feeling you loved Soundgarden. They have one of the most colorful and diverse music catalogs of all time!

Fey Wutt Trovoid
1st time we met Chris he came to our show in a tiny bar in Seattle.

He was so polite, supportive and kind.

... and he just sat and listened to Billy while Billy told him everything that Soundgarden was doing wrong w/their latest video & tour and how Billy thought that they should fix it.

I had to walk away. The way Billy was talking down to him embarrassed me and i felt like i was going to throw up if i listened any longer.

Smashing Pumpkins’ D’arcy Shares Billy Corgan’s ‘Guns N’ Roses’ Reunion Offer
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/a...ent-3852677246

Jayson Yaunk Fey Wutt
All thanks to u *D. I honestly have always wanted to see the Pumpkins live bc we had tix to see ya in Dallas then tragedy struck SP w/the O.D. I was young then and moved back to Iowa and never got another chance. Honestly I have always wanted to drive up and see ya at your Grandma's ranch (if i read that correct many yrs ago) in WI and talk about the whole era w ya as I was a young teenager by 94 but have always been too chicken shit to and now seeing all this go as such makes me sad one man can be sooo stubborn and ruin something sooo beautiful. That is what i always loved about SP is your beauty and chaos mingle soooo damn well together. Even writing this makes me long to pop an album in just to relive that capture of that feel. Quick ? Did u guys ever get to tour w some of the other greats such as L7, Mudhoney, Nirvana, the Melvins, Hole, Babes in Toyland, Bikini Kill, etc? I am now 37 and have seen most minus Nirvana of course as well as Hole and SP of course too. Thanks again for all your amazing tunes!

Fey Wutt Jayson Yaunk
We knew, hung out w/and played w/nearly all of them.
That reminds me of a Time when we were playing in Australia and i was speaking w/some kids from there and one of them said,
"OMG!!! Do you know Eddie Vedder ?!!!!!?"
and you live here so you know that this is a Humungous country!
I WANTED to say:
(in my cynicism brought on by mid-tour, fried-out, exhaustion during the hotter than i can stand, Australian summer at the hottest part of the day:
Well OF COURSE!!!
Because he's from the United States
and I'm from the US
so of course we know each other !
because everyone from there knows everyone else!!!
But I couldn't-
- because I DID know Eddie.
��
So i said, "yes, I do know him.
He and the rest of the Pearl Jam guys are some of the sweetest people you will ever meet ! ( except for stone Gossard because he was mean to me)
And Eddie reminds me of Peter Pan! I will give him your Love".

+

Mike Lidstone Fey Wutt
I'm just saying, in the band's history, you've been out of the band longer than you've been in. I mean if you want to actually get real, why did you get into drugs? Why did you dump us fans for sleazy Hollywood? And what exactly did you do to your face??? Is that real enough now? I'm just a Pumpkins fan, I'm sorry that wasn't good enough for you in 1999, hope the drugs and celebrities were worth it. What a joke. What did you do with your life that was so important that you had to leave the band? You didn't have kids, you didn't put out any projects, it seems like you've just been sitting on your ass doing nothing. Thanks!

Fey Wutt Mike Lidstone
yeah,
I used to be a judgemental asshole about people who did drugs too.
... and people who committed suicide,
or tried to commit suicide; and all kinds of other people because I was perfect.
like you.
The first time I did cocaine I did it to spite some people I really love and care about because they were doing it in front of me and they knew how I felt about it
so I said,
"Fine. Fuck you both.
If you're going to do it I'm going to do it too!"
and everybody yelled:
no! no! no!
D'arcy, don't do it!!!
(except for Billy who said with a big stupid grin on his face, "No leave her alone!
let her try it!!!)
We were at a party.
I don't like parties.
I'm phobic of people.
I was angry.
i went downstairs and sat by myself in an empty room.
I soon became very calm and comfortable in my own skin for the 1st time in my life.
At this point i did NOT think
that those things were connected with the drug.
after about an hour I went back upstairs and I said I think your cocaine is bullshit or it's just not very strong it's not doing anything to me I'm going to try some more .
about half an hour after that i made the connection.
The band was in LA we were recording 'Adore'.
it was one of the worst times of my life and I was having a nervous break down but I didn't know what was happening to me I was having 30+ panic attacks a day .
I did not know what was happening to me
all the martial arts gymnastics working out eating h all the martial arts gymnastics working out eating perfectly and being prrerfect were not helping me. and neither was the therapist.

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 04-12-2018 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Adding new stuff

Old 04-12-2018, 09:15 PM   #1367
fuzzyroes
Banned

Damn... D'arcy really wanted to do this reunion. It's terrible that Billy strung her along for so long to only then dangle a carrot. It's not like the bass lines in Smashing Pumpkins are that difficult, she would've managed just fine. Even if she is crazy, it's not like they'd be sharing a tour bus or anything.

D'arcy sounds fragile. A reunion could have really done a lot for her, more so than any of the other members. It's a shame Billy was more concerned about cashing in than what was right for the band and the legacy.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:16 PM   #1368
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Ain’t nobody got time to read all that

Old 04-12-2018, 09:19 PM   #1369
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
oh please. could you guys get real for a second.

with BOOK PUBLISHING I mean exactly that. and not someone who runs an online blog fiddling around with it. copy editing for print and book structure, let alone ghost writing, entails a tiny bit more than what Buttcannon does. And D'arcy has exactly zero reason - if she would do this - to go the amateur route.
Or how many printed books have you worked on, Buttcannon. zero? well yes that is what I mean.
It's not like Brett hasn't authored his own original features before. Sure, it might be a bit of a leap, but they've already established a bond together, and that's one of the toughest things to do when writing a memoir.

Either way, I really hope she writes a book. It could be cathartic to her, and it would be a good project for her to focus on as opposed to stewing about being iced out of the reunion.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:38 PM   #1370
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Can we get Darcy to register on netphoria?? Let’s make this happen!!

Old 04-12-2018, 10:45 PM   #1371
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
It's not like Brett hasn't authored his own original features before. Sure, it might be a bit of a leap, but they've already established a bond together, and that's one of the toughest things to do when writing a memoir.

Either way, I really hope she writes a book. It could be cathartic to her, and it would be a good project for her to focus on as opposed to stewing about being iced out of the reunion.
More than anything, I wish she'd play/put out some music. May it be even just uploading some videos of her jamming to her favorite songs, recording a couple little stripped down things, or even finding a way to play with some other bands. I think it'd be great if she could perform as a guest at one of Dave Navarro's Royal Machines all star type shows. That would be the perfect type of situation for her to perform live again. If she ever shows interest in that I would do everything I could to get her in touch with Dave or someone with a similar type of project.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:29 AM   #1372
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post

How about asking her if she‘d do an Ask Me Anything session on Netphoria?

Old 04-13-2018, 12:56 AM   #1373
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
The first time I did cocaine I did it to spite some people I really love and care about because they were doing it in front of me and they knew how I felt about it
so I said,
"Fine. Fuck you both.
If you're going to do it I'm going to do it too!"
and everybody yelled:
no! no! no!
D'arcy, don't do it!!!
(except for Billy who said with a big stupid grin on his face, "No leave her alone!
let her try it!!!)

Quote:
1st time we met Chris he came to our show in a tiny bar in Seattle.

He was so polite, supportive and kind.

... and he just sat and listened to Billy while Billy told him everything that Soundgarden was doing wrong w/their latest video & tour and how Billy thought that they should fix it.

I had to walk away. The way Billy was talking down to him embarrassed me and i felt like i was going to throw up if i listened any longer.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:00 AM   #1374
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I'm pretty sure she reads us every now and again.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:03 AM   #1375
redbreegull

Stone Gossard was mean to D'arcy

Old 04-13-2018, 01:03 AM   #1376
redbreegull

that was my takeaway here

Old 04-13-2018, 01:05 AM   #1377
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
I'm pretty sure she reads us every now and again.

...and Billy >>>

Old 04-13-2018, 02:50 AM   #1378
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Quote:
seriously!! Buttcannon, read this!

Old 04-13-2018, 02:54 AM   #1379
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
seriously!! Buttcannon, read this!

It would be really awesome.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:49 AM   #1380
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Hi D'Arcy,

I was wondering...would you ever consider doing an Ask Me Anything session on Netphoria?
That would be incredible.

Fey Wutt _horizont_ • 2 hours ago
you could just ask here and now tho.

Isn't that a Billy thing?

He'd never allow it.