Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2018, 01:48 AM   #1291
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Remember when billy implied jimmy was back on drugs hence why he “fired” him in ‘09? Christ. Jimmy’s an amazing human for forgiving him on that one.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:01 AM   #1292
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

D'arcy is one of the most fascinating people I've ever talked to, even moreso when discussing things that have nothing to do with music. She's got some really interesting and unique takes on life and is really funny. She's definitely on her own wavelength, there is a lot more to her than this Billy Corgan feud.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:15 AM   #1293
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Also when it comes to the drugs thing, if she was on drugs, why wouldn't Corgan mention it or at least hint at it? They could have even put in their statement: 'D'arcy is struggling with her demons right now' or something.
Taking the high road? Doubt it, but maybe

Old 04-10-2018, 07:30 AM   #1294
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
Remember when billy implied jimmy was back on drugs hence why he “fired” him in ‘09? Christ.
Please remind me. What did he say/do?

Old 04-10-2018, 12:42 PM   #1295
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

As per his white van quote: Jimmy is a fundamentally destructive person etc.

Essentially: "You leave SP and I'll fuck your career outside the band"

Old 04-10-2018, 01:45 PM   #1296
paranoid
Minion of Satan

he's done this with MANY ex bandmates.. remember Zwan? That didn't hurt Paz, sweeny, pajo.

Old 04-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #1297
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Oh yeah. Pajo is a music machine.

Old 04-10-2018, 04:22 PM   #1298
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

It didn't hurt them, but it was obviously his intention to tarnish their image.

There was a specific case where Billy shit on Matt by said saying he got a post-Zwan email from him simply titled "Send Money"...

...and then years later, on Marc Maron's WTF Podcast, Matt tells a story of how Will Oldham invited him on a tour to help him out immediately after Zwan ended -and he ran out of money in Tasmania because he was under the impression that he'd be receiving a publishing check of some kind. He explained that his bank account was overdrawn and he was essentially stranded.

Billy's statement was clearly designed to make it look like Matt's just a phony who only cares about money.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:05 AM   #1299
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Right, obviously that’s his intention. But it seems to have only hurt Darcy, and some of that responsibility is on her. Getting arrested for crack immediately after leaving sp didn’t help, and billy didn’t really start slandering her until a few years after that.

It appears she’s no longer or never was tied to an NDA.. and billy’s Got a taste of his own medicine with that. It’s wonderful. He says it was “horrifying.” Yeah dude, sucks, doesn’t it?

I really would love for her to write that book.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:06 AM   #1300
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post

I really would love for her to write that book.
same. I never buy or read this type of books so I have absolutely no clue - to even have a small interest in this getting published, she'd have to go for it as long as the "reunited SP" are still a thing, right? as in now, and not in 5 years.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:10 AM   #1301
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

buttcannon should get on that asap

write a book brett!

Old 04-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #1302
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

the official narrative of she can't play bass, can't sing, didn't do anything on any records + is a horrible person and mean spirited drug addict probably did hurt her chances of being employed. god knows what billys said privately.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #1303
FoolofaTook

gods know i'm helpless

Old 04-11-2018, 10:40 AM   #1304
FoolofaTook

i love that part "..elpless"

best dropped consonant performance ever

Old 04-11-2018, 10:42 AM   #1305
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

She's a suppressive person. Don't be glib!

Old 04-11-2018, 08:43 PM   #1306
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
same. I never buy or read this type of books so I have absolutely no clue - to even have a small interest in this getting published, she'd have to go for it as long as the "reunited SP" are still a thing, right? as in now, and not in 5 years.
Not necessarily. Patty Schmel came out with a successful book (she was the original drummer in Hole). Bassist from Pantera had a super popular book too, and D'arcy is definitely more well known than him.

I don't think she'd have any problems securing a publishing deal.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:44 PM   #1307
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
buttcannon should get on that asap

write a book brett!
This would actually be a good idea. She's comfortable having dialogue with him. Brett, is this something you'd ever consider?

Old 04-11-2018, 08:59 PM   #1308
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
This would actually be a good idea. She's comfortable having dialogue with him. Brett, is this something you'd ever consider?
I'd have to really think about it. If I were to do it, I wouldn't want her to be doing it coming from a place of just wanting to get revenge on Billy (and James as well). I'd want it to actually be her life story, with the good and bad of Billy rather than something focusing on solely the negatives because she's pissed off at him right now.

Something like the interview we did to me was a snapshot of how she was feeling at that moment about the reunion falling apart (same with other recent articles), which works for an interview when a timely thing like that is happening, but a book should really be the whole story. Something just focusing on her current emotion about the Pumpkins might sell some more books, but I'd want the real deal. I'd also want it to be something she wanted to do and felt good about doing. If dwelling on the past wouldn't be healthy for her mind, I would not want to do it.

We'll see, I'd really like to do some cool stuff for her for her 50th birthday, may it just be a nice article about her accomplishments to send to her or something else with her that focuses on some positive feelings she has about her love of music and doesn't even talk about Billy.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:18 PM   #1309
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Doesn't even look like we can congratulate D'arcy to her 50th birthday with her Facebook account still deactivated. I have unsuccessful send a link to her Fey Wutt- and her younger sister's Facebook-site how she could reactivate it.

Also strange that the Facebook account of her friend Patrick Salerno disappeared around the same time. Though he already had been blocked for a while before by Facebook for posting illegitimate content...
Was it just his ongoing stupidity or did people force to checkmate him in context with the feud between D'arcy and Billy Corgan?

Old 04-11-2018, 10:29 PM   #1310
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Doesn't even look like we can congratulate D'arcy to her 50th birthday with her Facebook account still deactivated. I have unsuccessful send a link to her Fey Wutt- and her younger sister's Facebook-site how she could reactivate it.

Also strange that the Facebook account of her friend Patrick Salerno disappeared around the same time. Though he already had been blocked for a while before by Facebook for posting illegitimate content...
Was it just his ongoing stupidity or did people force to checkmate him in context with the feud between D'arcy and Billy Corgan?
I plan to send her some comments from fans on any social media posts I do for her birthday, so she will see some love from fans.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:33 PM   #1311
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
I'd have to really think about it. If I were to do it, I wouldn't want her to be doing it coming from a place of just wanting to get revenge on Billy (and James as well). I'd want it to actually be her life story, with the good and bad of Billy rather than something focusing on solely the negatives because she's pissed off at him right now.

Something like the interview we did to me was a snapshot of how she was feeling at that moment about the reunion falling apart (same with other recent articles), which works for an interview when a timely thing like that is happening, but a book should really be the whole story. Something just focusing on her current emotion about the Pumpkins might sell some more books, but I'd want the real deal. I'd also want it to be something she wanted to do and felt good about doing. If dwelling on the past wouldn't be healthy for her mind, I would not want to do it.

We'll see, I'd really like to do some cool stuff for her for her 50th birthday, may it just be a nice article about her accomplishments to send to her or something else with her that focuses on some positive feelings she has about her love of music and doesn't even talk about Billy.
That would be awesome. Would be bound to be a big seller too since there isn't any other Smashing Pumpkins books out there. I agree about her doing it for the right reasons.

Awesome idea for her 50th. I don't think she gets enough credit for what she's done in the band, so a piece like that would really hit the spot.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:39 PM   #1312
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

And this could motivate Billy Corgan too, to get his biography done...

Old 04-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #1313
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
And this could motivate Billy Corgan too to get his biography done...
I'll bet he would have to do some major rewrites after burying the hatchet with James, lol.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #1314
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Didn't Corgan mention a journalist who should help him on the project a few years ago? He already looked like eighty year old and may not live to see the book...

Old 04-11-2018, 10:48 PM   #1315
fuzzyroes
Banned

I don't think Corgans book will sell if he uses all fake names like he said he would.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:55 PM   #1316
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Depends on if the stories are still his subjective truth and it's easy enough to see the real persons behind it all.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:00 PM   #1317
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm only buying the book if he reveals who the celebrity reptilian is.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:12 PM   #1318
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Knowing so much of the band's history and considering BC's revisionism, figuring out who he'd be referring to in a book he wrote using fake names would be like trying really hard to win some sort of lottery of lies. The prizes are lies. It's all just lies. Lies he believes.

Anyway, my SO just adopted two more pet rats, and made the mistake of letting me name them. So now we've got Morgaine, Vivi, Elaine, and now Kim and D'Arcy, who's a really adorable beigeish rat. If I can't see her out on tour, least I can do is name a family member after her.

Original, I know. I wonder how many tens of thousands of rats were given SP band member names back in the 90s.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:00 AM   #1319
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Knowing so much of the band's history and considering BC's revisionism, figuring out who he'd be referring to in a book he wrote using fake names would be like trying really hard to win some sort of lottery of lies. The prizes are lies. It's all just lies. Lies he believes.

Anyway, my SO just adopted two more pet rats, and made the mistake of letting me name them. So now we've got Morgaine, Vivi, Elaine, and now Kim and D'Arcy, who's a really adorable beigeish rat. If I can't see her out on tour, least I can do is name a family member after her.

Original, I know. I wonder how many tens of thousands of rats were given SP band member names back in the 90s.
D'arcy would be easy, the fake name would either be Flaxxen Saxxon or Fey Wutt.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:13 AM   #1320
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Yeah, D'arcy, YOU'RE the rat!

I doubt D'arcy to be happy with the rat being named after her. In the many times I easily upset her she once even called me a rat.
Though she seems to have a keen relationship to animals, she also showed the typical human stereotypes of good and bad animals.
Which I promptly critized her for.

May also be an association with her rage on Billy -rat in a cage- Corgan...