Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2018, 12:23 AM   #1171
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

I guess, after the Jack Bates discussion D'arcy realised, that Billy had already proposed this bass player to do the tour, to want her only to do the "Steven Adler" appearance for a better reunion sale. How can you say that she was "happy" about it from the text messages?
If Billy really had wanted D'arcy back, he would have met her before any ambitious tour plans and recordings, to see how fit she was and where she needed help.

He was talking of having back his (band) family, but in reality is still behaving asocial.
The way this "reunion" is being done is just a blown up nostalgic expensive heartless money grab.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:05 AM   #1172
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
I'm pretty sure Billy wanted Darcy back rather than anyone else if she was able to keep up with the band professionally. She didn't need to be the best bass player in the world, just average enough to play the basics, and mentally healthy enough to handle the pressure. One day she was happy about "Jack White" replacing her and the other she talks to BlastEcho, stating she wasn't invited anymore?
Go to Sad Machines, man.

You’re reaching so hard to justify Billy’s dickhead behaviour. “Pretty sure” is an assumption on your part that flies in the face of the facts we know. Corgan never reached out to meet D’arcy, he organized shit behind her back. How could he know how she was doing mentally and performance wise? She doesn’t seem erratic in text messages aside from the “Jack White” mistake, which may prove she’s out of touch... Look, in all likelihood it was never goinng to be possible for the band to fully reform after twenty years, but at the very least if Billy wanted a Steve Adler situation he should’ve flown out and met D’arcy and been humble. Instead he pressured her and belittled her and called her a liar remotely to the press.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:08 AM   #1173
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Because she says so "I was so happy last night". Also, Billy texts her talking about the plans for the tour, that he wants her there to play 2 or 7 songs or whatever she's able to, even if she was only able to do bvs and sing daydream and she seems to understand it very well.

At that point, they needed someone to play the bass on the tour and he was not very confident D'Arcy would be there for it, but Jack Bates was not recording with them and later on when she was informed about him (and mixes him up with Jack White) she actually expresses her approval, "really cool", she says. Even after that she keeps in touch with Billy in a friendly manner, talking about her shoulder and stuff. After that, she starts a war against him.

She was mocking Billy about the 19 years apart saying "that's why it's called a reunion, dumbfuck", but Billy clearly said she hasn't played or been around for 19 years - He didn't need to talk to James to know he was doing ok, as James has been active for the last 20 years, recording, producing, touring etc. Taking Darcy in even for a small role was already a big risk they were taking, as she could maybe not only be unfit for playing and touring but also mentally ill, which would lead into bigger problems along the way. I have a feeling that at that point Billy wanted her to be there for the American tour, so that she could go back into this world slowly and if she proved she was fine they would take her back full time for the world tour.

I don't think she's deliberately lying about everything, I do think she's not 100% healthy to a point her perception of reality is a bit distorted.

Last edited by Forgotten Child : 03-29-2018 at 02:27 AM.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:41 AM   #1174
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Go to Sad Machines, man.

You’re reaching so hard to justify Billy’s dickhead behaviour. “Pretty sure” is an assumption on your part that flies in the face of the facts we know. Corgan never reached out to meet D’arcy, he organized shit behind her back. How could he know how she was doing mentally and performance wise? She doesn’t seem erratic in text messages aside from the “Jack White” mistake, which may prove she’s out of touch... Look, in all likelihood it was never goinng to be possible for the band to fully reform after twenty years, but at the very least if Billy wanted a Steve Adler situation he should’ve flown out and met D’arcy and been humble. Instead he pressured her and belittled her and called her a liar remotely to the press.
How do we know Billy never reached out to meet Darcy? Because Darcy said so? Do you really think if he knew she was ok to play and tour with the band he would take a not very expressive player? It's like Jack Bates is selling any tickets like Darcy would, or even a famous bass player would...

Old 03-29-2018, 03:42 AM   #1175
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Do you really think if he knew she was ok to play and tour with the band he would take a not very expressive player? It's like Jack Bates is selling any tickets like Darcy would, or even a famous bass player would...
You don't get it.

Billy's motivation for the reunion:

Quote:
He said to me, ‘Well, maybe you know, and maybe you don’t, but with this wrestling thing I kind of got myself a bit into a bit of a hole.’ That was one of the first things he said to me
Billy wanted to get himself out of that hole without taking any unnecessary risks.

So he figured 'I can't hire another female bass player...would be too obvious...Jack Bates is no trouble and cheap, D'Arcy might be a problem so I'm gonna offer her a special guest spot'.

Billy thought 'reduced risk + a real reunion = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$'.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:56 AM   #1176
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

We know that's not true tho. Billy didn't lose any money with wrestling, as he got all his investment back. It's also known that the reunion was discussed after the Oceania tour, when Mike and Nicole left (both info were leaked by Mister Saint ******t, the wrestler, black in November, 2013).

It also doesn't make sense to offer Darcy any spot if he thought she would've been a problem.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:17 AM   #1177
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
It also doesn't make sense to offer Darcy any spot if he thought she would've been a problem.

He thought she MIGHT be a problem (because of his past experiences with her).

...so >>>

Reduced risk + a real reunion = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 03-29-2018, 04:57 AM   #1178
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Exactly! Having Darcy in the band would be economically better that's it, so why wouldn't he want her there is she was able to play and tour?

Billy's priority here is not the money, it's about popularity and relevance.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:17 AM   #1179
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
We know that's not true tho. Billy didn't lose any money with wrestling, as he got all his investment back. It's also known that the reunion was discussed after the Oceania tour, when Mike and Nicole left (both info were leaked by Mister Saint ******t, the wrestler, black in November, 2013).

Based on what!? Who says he got all his investment back? You know nothing.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:25 AM   #1180
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Based on the court's decision:

Quote:
In his attempts to gain control of the company, Corgan filed a restraining order against TNA owner Dixie Carter and sued the TNA chairwoman and other executives. According to the Tennessean newspaper, Corgan claimed he had given the cash-strapped TNA three loans in recent months, with the most recent one given on the proviso that he would gain control of the company should it become insolvent.

The court ruled instead that TNA are only required to pay Corgan back his loan with interest. Nashville chancellor Ellen Hobbs Lyle said that Corgan did not meet the burden of proof required for an injunction of its kind.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:50 AM   #1181
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Court orders do not equal payments. There are an endless number of ways you can get out of paying a court ordered payment. Since we know TNA is not fiscally solvent the odds that Billy got his money are very low.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:57 AM   #1182
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Billy has been involved in wrestling outside of TNA and we don’t know what money he has invested in other wrestling endeavours.

Also what Rider said.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:15 AM   #1183
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

So you are only speculating. Billy reported her got the money back anyway. Darcy was clearly referring to the TNA problem. Even if it was the case, having Darcy in the band would equal more money. It doesn't make sense to not have her there when you know a full reunion would sell way way better.

What I've learned with dealing with people is that if something doesn't make sense it usually mean it isn't the truth.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:54 AM   #1184
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Nigga's broke. Even D'arcy knew about the wrestling shit. Nobody is that desperate to renew an already revived band when you just turned 50.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:22 AM   #1185
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

This thread is a great reminder that being a "fan" of anything is fucking lame.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:50 AM   #1186
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Forgotten Child, you make interesting points, but Billy's total deflection of discussing this makes it difficult to actually truly know what his side of things are. Until he does the only person who has fully laid out the story/their side of it is D'arcy.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:14 PM   #1187
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

But I think that's a smart decision. 10 years ago Billy would be calling her names, posting about it on his social media etc. I think we'll have to wait till the tour starts, maybe they will be asked about her... I don't think he'll answer tho, but maybe James or Jimmy do.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:19 PM   #1188
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

YES, it's a smart decision of Billy Corgan to pass over to Linda Strawberry the task to do the ranting. At ass kissing loyal SP-fangroups, to fuel a strong front against D'arcy.

And to give Mancow Muller a terrible photo of D'arcy. To humiliate her by others without even knowing the circumstances of this photo.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:32 PM   #1189
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
But I think that's a smart decision. 10 years ago Billy would be calling her names, posting about it on his social media etc. I think we'll have to wait till the tour starts, maybe they will be asked about her... I don't think he'll answer tho, but maybe James or Jimmy do.
Billy doesn't have to use the names like D'arcy (and like Billy himself did for many years), but he could write an Instagram post with a direct response to D'arcy's general story about what happened. The press release they put out was weak and gave no specifics.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:47 PM   #1190
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

D'Arcy: I really want to be part of this reunion.

Billy: Despite repeated attempts to reach out and have D'Arcy join us she wouldn't.

Seems legit

Old 03-29-2018, 04:04 PM   #1191
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Billy has been involved in wrestling outside of TNA and we don’t know what money he has invested in other wrestling endeavours.

Also what Rider said.
Yeah, he got his money back from TNA and instantly purchased the NWA wrestling brand.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:18 PM   #1192
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old 03-29-2018, 05:35 PM   #1193
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

One strange thing after his settlement in the lawsuit was his announcement on Twitter to do interviews about it. That never happened.
And he even erased all his posts from 2016, which had just been his new beginning on Twitter...

Just signed my settlement with TNA/ANTHEM. And to fill in the blanks I'll do a few interviews next week to spell out what is/isn't in it

— WPC (@Billy) November 11, 2016

Old 03-29-2018, 05:48 PM   #1194
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Funny...this is what he did to D'arcy.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:53 PM   #1195
T&T
Socialphobic

billy's not the only one that can hire lawyers.
maybe billy knows to shut the fuck up because d'arcy can also afford a lawyer and sue him for defamation - who knows what else is in those texts....

Old 03-29-2018, 05:58 PM   #1196
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

D'arcy should sue Billy for the posting of the photo by his buddy Mancow Muller.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:02 PM   #1197
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Just stumbled on this clip with her Ex Kerry Brown. Wouldn't have recognized him without their description...

Old 03-29-2018, 06:11 PM   #1198
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

One of my reporters met Kerry recently at a Dorothy show in Nashville I think, he was cool to her.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:18 PM   #1199
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Not so cool that he is working with her professional ranting enemy Linda Strawberry:

lindastrawberry
From my edit chair where I live this week. I took on a personal challenge to see how many things I could edit this week to support some cool musicians working with @reallindaperry and @studiodog at @wah_music �� so much talent. It’s fun work. @iamlionofficial @itsdorothysucka @willaamai ��

studiodog��=<3<3! (Kerry Brown's nickname)

Old 03-29-2018, 06:26 PM   #1200
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
D'arcy should sue Billy for the posting of the photo by his buddy Mancow Muller.
The photo was around before and I doubt Billy asked anyone to post it. The Fat Machines were sharing it with everybody else.