Virgo

funny thing is that none of us own any other accounts or anything

Old 11-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #62
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
I WAS IN A WAR
people always ask me - "how'd you lose your hair?" I TOLD THEM I LOST IT IN VIETNAM

Old 11-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #63
null123
Minion of Satan

This is a small board these days so the large number of new stupid and narcissistic posters is completely dominating the board and most people are too old and tired now to properly run bad posters off. I think a ban intervention is healthy here and personally I'm excited for it to happen

Old 11-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #64
Elphenor
Braindead

I'm glad at least a couple of boarders vouched for me (sort of)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
Elph dude you could benefit from posting about a third as much as you do
This is absolutely true

Old 11-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #65
fuzzyroes
Banned

Well, to be fair, you kind of seem to be on the defensive side of things since you started posting here

Old 11-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #66
null123
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Elph is irritating but he's just a kid and he reminds me of me when I started posting here (holy shit ten years ago this boxing day!) with his constant espousing of "clever" "insights" and cobbling together of cultural signifiers to build an identity. Despite all that I think he would probably come good by the time the board is dead so let's leave him be (though Elph dude you could benefit from posting about a third as much as you do)

Pretty much erryone else on that list I think we can live without
Agree, I think 5 years ago Elph would not even be a notable character but as the board ages and there are fewer of us he's kinda like a yelping puppy. The most annoying thing about him is that he reminds us all of our younger selves. He could probably settle in eventually. This is categorically different to me from the aggressive and self-satisfied dullness and hostility of people like glitterlips et al.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #67
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

you got it, glitterlips

Old 11-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #68
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbag View Post
Agree, I think 5 years ago Elph would not even be a notable character but as the board ages and there are fewer of us he's kinda like a yelping puppy. The most annoying thing about him is that he reminds us all of our younger selves. He could probably settle in eventually.
he really is son of netphoria

Quote:
This is categorically different to me from the aggressive and self-satisfied dullness and hostility of people like glitterlips et al.
seriously. Deliberately and proudly ignorant as fuck waging war on Elitists!!!

there's not even anything to respond to in a glitterlips post, it's always garbled nonsense and you just feel pity because she doesn't even know

Old 11-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #69
slunken
Virgo

we did it, we fucking did it

Old 11-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #70
slunken
Virgo

the prophecy of frank quinto has come to pass

Old 11-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #71
Trotskilicious
Banned

the rest of them i guess deal or yell at them relentlessly i'm so tired

Old 11-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #72
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Yeah see if you'd joined 5 years ago people would have spammed your inbox with pictures of prolapse anuses, created parody accounts and relentlessly shadowed you everywhere you went, worked out your real identity and then emailed all your worst posts to your boss/friends/spouse

There was a girl who posted here years ago who was a lot better liked than anyone on this list and people still brutally ruined her life in ways that i'm not even going into here but it was definitely a dark moment in netpho history.

TL;DR you guys have it extremely easy in the scheme of things.
I remember those days.

Well to be fair in 2001 people weren't yet doxing. But most people who posted then would probably make the ban list now.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #73
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

The hammer has come down.

Fuck off with all the troll bullshit. As Charmbag said we're to old, established and small to put up with continuos posting diarrhea that is full of insults and crude vulgarity.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #74
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Yeah see if you'd joined 5 years ago people would have spammed your inbox with pictures of prolapse anuses, created parody accounts and relentlessly shadowed you everywhere you went, worked out your real identity and then emailed all your worst posts to your boss/friends/spouse

There was a girl who posted here years ago who was a lot better liked than anyone on this list and people still brutally ruined her life in ways that i'm not even going into here but it was definitely a dark moment in netpho history.

TL;DR you guys have it extremely easy in the scheme of things.
to be fair i did try joining 5 years ago, but for whatever reason my account wasn't activated.

joined dear ol' blamo instead

as for the story part that just sounds like some hipinion shit

Old 11-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #75
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

I suppose glitterlips and whats his name, guy who had just got out of jail, got banned.

Glitterlips gave glimpses of being an actual person if you engaged her....

Old 11-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #76
null123
Minion of Satan

Who exactly got banned

Old 11-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #77
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Dronedoomhead has

Old 11-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #78
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

looking forward to "man continues crime spree after being kicked from smashing pumpkins board" headlines in the next week or so

Old 11-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #79
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

yeah that's the guy i mean. Him and glitterlips probably?

I mean they DID insult people. I've only done that, and in retaliation like..twice. Maybe three times. One recently. But as far as i'm concerned, I was kinda being trolled, it had been piling up for a while. And for the record and for what its worth (probably nothing) i kinda regret some of the shit i said the first time i came back some months back (and probably up to a few weeks ago). I was kinda antagonizing people then, in spite of myself even. I try not to do that so much now.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #80
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbag View Post
I think if everyone here could practice some restraint and not go down tedious rabbit holes with every mouth breather who shows up on our doorstep it could go a long way. Like we don't have to turn every thread into Eljah Moon's blog or whatever, please, please
and explodingboy's. that dude thinks being disliked is a badge of honor. he never considers he might just be a whiny almost-40 year old who thinks like a teenager.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:28 PM   #81
null123
Minion of Satan

Yeah I'm kinda surprised he wasn't among the banned

Old 11-04-2014, 09:39 PM   #82
Elphenor
Braindead

I like EB

Old 11-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #83
Elphenor
Braindead

Only thing I find offensive is some of the misogyny in his posts that he doesn't seem to realize is offensive

Old 11-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #84
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
and explodingboy's. that dude thinks being disliked is a badge of honor. he never considers he might just be a whiny almost-40 year old who thinks like a teenager.
eh, I just think he needs to learn how to edit himself. Reading his posts can be pretty laborious. But inoffensive for the most part.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #85
Order 66
Socialphobic

i think banning should be: you're just posting a bunch of diarrhea instead of you're doing this or that wrong or you have this or that wrong with you. not to "defend" the guy he needs to get a job but i prefer an objective approach to banning folk [/backseat admin

Old 11-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #86
Eulogy
huh

glitterlips was truly horrible though. wow.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #87
Shallowed
Braindead

Yay, glitterlips is banned.

I have no problems at all with TEB, other than his posts are usually long and rambling which I usually skip over, but that's hardly a bannable offence. He's harmless.

Glitterlips on the other hand for the most part just posted childish, self absorbed, self aggrandising, antagonising morsels of diarrhoea. Literally nothing of value.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #88
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belteshazzar View Post
Thanks for not banning me. I'm surprised there wasn't more uproar, but I guess I haven't posted a lot lately. Or maybe I'm speaking too soon.
Self control. Self edit.

It works.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:25 PM   #89
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
Look i don't want to get into it and i know i said shit to you just recently but goddam... at some point i have to admit i felt, well i don't want to say harassed cause it's ridiculous, but something like that. Probably you don't even realize it but the little comments here and there. It would be one thing if they were on stuff i said that was amazingly ignorant or offensive or insulting, but it just wasn't. You'd make those sarcastic rep comments on stuff i said (basically saying youre such an idiot) when i wasn't even addressing you and they were usually on pretty innocuous posts. And oh i'm whiny...what is to you? That just tells me i ANNOY you which i'm not really sure is bannable. And yeah i kinda "annoyed" you back for a while probably because i "think like a teenager". Congrats you actually got under my skin, its hard to achieve. I don't care if you don't like me but at some point it just gets annoying. Ignore me maybe?

As for anyone else, I didn't exactly leave a good first impression when i came back some months ago and i think a lot of people got stuck on that and already have this predetermined idea of who i am and look for confirmation of it in every of my posts or something. And the fact that people like Elph even think i'm actually misogynist is just...i'm just gonna give up on this actually i don't even want to get into it anymore, i know what i am and what i'm not. And yeah there's shit i said some months ago that wasn't exactly articulated artfully. I regret that. Anything else beyond that you might have read was probably a sarcastic joke like the ones i had to pm Pave about recently... And who actually helped me, in spite of herself, realise some truths about myself regarding how i am vs how i tend to portray myself. I've genuinely tried to be a less shitty person since.

The rambling, as witnessed here again, i can't help.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:26 PM   #90
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

see what we mean