Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #31
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Eldernative Nation

Old 11-15-2019, 09:11 PM   #32
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Theory: the reason so many boomer comics revolve around hatred of one's own spouse is because boomer's got married just before laws and attitudes surrounding divorce liberalized. Instead of ending marriages that are not healthy or fulfilling, many of them may carry the expectation and belief that marriage is immutable, and that "responsible adults" don't end their marriages, because they married "for better or for worse."
Yes it could be this. But it could also be because living with someone for a long time is hard. I mean, I wonder if we could replace a spouse with a long term housemate in the average boomer comic, and it would describe the same things but to a different audience. Sharing a home space with other humans is hard

Old 11-16-2019, 01:16 AM   #33
Shallowed
Braindead

should have thought of that before you decided to love with someone long-term

Old 11-16-2019, 01:18 AM   #34
Shallowed
Braindead

jeez that typo is too apt to fix

Old 02-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #35
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

This is an AI-generated comic strip about millennials killing things

Beneath it there's a link to the Boomer-written article that spawned it

Old 02-14-2020, 03:48 PM   #36
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

yesterday I said baseball tickets were too expensive and it's logical to just buy MLB.TV and watch every game from home for the price of 2 mediocre tickets, if you're into that

Boomers had a field day with this comment. "Millenials just want to cry!". "You can afford it, stop whining!"

I was like OK boomer, you can't claim millenials are fiscally irresponsible while deriding them for not wasting money on exorbitantly priced dumb shit. Like those two beliefs are incompatible. You have to pick one. And that is the heart of boomerism: a refusal to acknowledge the systemic ways our society constrains us all economically. Instead they blame individuals and easy to identify cultural trends like cell phones and avocados. While spending $240 per month on Comcast cable and a land line. And baseball tickets with $12 Miller Lites. And even when we don't partake in this dumb shit it's still our fault that cost of living has increased disproportionately to wages.

Boomers, man.

Corporate capitalism killed Sears. I wish millenials had the organization to cohesively band together and selectively kill malignant aspects of society. I used to work at fucking Sears. The writing was on the wall 30 years ago. Ask Mitt Romney about extracting every possible drop of value from a brand before tossing it in the headline graveyard of things millenials killed. Applebee's, you're next! I'd kill you if I could, but you guys already know what you're doing!

Anyway we're putatively kicking boomers, so I though I'd chime in while I take a shit at work like a good lazy millennial. Hope that's OK.

Last edited by killtrocity : 02-14-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Old 02-14-2020, 03:58 PM   #37
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

That's all there is to it, really

Old 02-14-2020, 04:18 PM   #38
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
yesterday I said baseball tickets were too expensive and it's logical to just buy MLB.TV and watch every game from home for the price of 2 mediocre tickets, if you're into that

Boomers had a field day with this comment. "Millenials just want to cry!". "You can afford it, stop whining!"

I was like OK boomer, you can't claim millenials are fiscally irresponsible while deriding them for not wasting money on exorbitantly priced dumb shit. Like those two beliefs are incompatible. You have to pick one. And that is the heart of boomerism: a refusal to acknowledge the systemic ways our society constrains us all economically. Instead they blame individuals and easy to identify cultural trends like cell phones and avocados. While spending $240 per month on Comcast cable and a land line. And baseball tickets with $12 Miller Lites. And even when we don't partake in this dumb shit it's still our fault that cost of living has increased disproportionately to wages.

Boomers, man.

Corporate capitalism killed Sears. I wish millenials had the organization to cohesively band together and selectively kill malignant aspects of society. I used to work at fucking Sears. The writing was on the wall 30 years ago. Ask Mitt Romney about extracting every possible drop of value from a brand before tossing it in the headline graveyard of things millenials killed. Applebee's, you're next! I'd kill you if I could, but you guys already know what you're doing!

Anyway we're putatively kicking boomers, so I though I'd chime in while I take a shit at work like a good lazy millennial. Hope that's OK.
Just like a millennial to tell me i have to pick various beliefs while discarding others that are logically incompatible! You uppity fucken millennials think ya got the whole world figured out! Well guess what! You’re one sperm droplet away from having been wiped off your mamas taint area! So there! I was here when you were just hanging out in the darkness inside my ballsack! Try that on for size ya big smarty college boys/girls!

Old 02-14-2020, 04:25 PM   #39
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Sorry....i guess i channeled my dad a bit there. Thanks dad!

Old 02-14-2020, 04:33 PM   #40
buzzard
Minion of Satan

References to the maternal taint was not quite what I expected from the Mormon doom cult patriarch.

Old 02-14-2020, 04:34 PM   #41
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

I don't know who created Pokémon Go, but I want to figure out how to get them to have Pokémon Go to the polls!

Old 02-14-2020, 04:54 PM   #42
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
References to the maternal taint was not quite what I expected from the Mormon doom cult patriarch.
He’s a complicated man

He probably would have said “bush area” though, now that i think real hard on it

Probably i was still thinking of the mr show sketch when i posted earlier

Old 02-14-2020, 05:04 PM   #43
buzzard
Minion of Satan

You sure did approach it with the velveteen touch of a dandy fop.