Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2017, 08:24 PM   #241
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Not convinced there's a good way of saying "croissant."

The correct pronunciation in a place like this is pretty much the same as returning from a trip to India with "namaste" added to your vocabulary.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:52 PM   #242
noyen
Immortal

bracelona

Old 11-25-2017, 09:13 PM   #243
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I hope you can find some better people to hang out with teh bolly. People who are not assholes and also who do not say "crussonte"
my fav are the people who mumble and point

Old 11-25-2017, 09:41 PM   #244
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
By the way, I remember you telling us a while back about a friend that disrespected you by insulting you in front of his other friend to look cool or something. Did you guys ever patch things up? Did he ever explain his behaviour?
thanks for remembering.
after said incident, he just went on radio silence for like a month or two. then one day out of the blue, he sends me this text, "hey, i'm meeting X (another friend of ours) for a beer tonight. you wanna join us?"

i was still pretty pissed not only at his insult towards me, but at his demeanor afterwards, not even making the slightest effort to make things right, except texting "if i offended you, i apologize". which is the very definition of a meaningless bullshit apology. so i texted him back, "i don't know what kind of jungle you were brought up in, but my idea of a friendship is not a person who acts like a complete shithead toward me and then doesn't even bother to attempt rectifying things, save for a vacant, half assed text. waiting it out and then acting like it never happened doesn't fly. fuck you."

in hindsight, i can see that i used very strong words. words that shut down, rather than encourage repairing. for all people who do not possess the same idea of loyalty that i do, the obvious result will be for them to prefer saving face, rather than to take the hit for the friendship. maybe i could have been more forthcoming, but i was angry and only reacted that way because that's how i felt. and either way, if i went back to being his friend after all he could do after being a tremendous dick was offer that 'yeah btw i apologize or whatever' i would have no respect for either him nor myself. so i suppose it was inevitable. but perhaps i should have tried harder and not been so petty.

anyway, after that he went straight into offensive mode and attacked me, saying i need to "grow the fuck up" and "do i actually believe he's got nothing better to do than 'wait it out' just to text you". then he blocked me before i could respond. class act.

i don't care about that guy in particular because i realize he's not somebody worth having in my life at all, but it's been a rough year. many casualties in friends. i basically need to start over and find new ones, and i don't have it in me. i've been meaning to sign up to a photography course, or painting class, whatever. just something to preoccupy my mind with, and help meet new people. but it's been months and i don't seem to be capable of doing it right now.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:14 PM   #245
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Pick up a hobby that's mildly violent.

I joined a basketball team and have perfected disguising elbows to the heads of other players as genuine attempts to go for the ball.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:18 PM   #246
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

That's called boxing out brah.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:47 PM   #247
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i get that it might sound like i'm a bitter person but it's not like that at all. i'm in good spirits these days. keeping healthy, doing my thing, enjoying all there is to enjoy and trying to not let life get to me. i don't have any frustrations i need to vent out or whatever. i had just arrived at a resolution a while ago that i wasn't going to put up with shitty friends anymore just because i don't have that many. if you're a piece of shit to me and you don't deserve my friendship, i'm not gonna keep you around just 'cause. have a nice life, esse.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:13 AM   #248
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I've made it to a hat-trick only 29mins into my first full game for LA Galaxy as Alex Hunter.

That's pure class.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:13 AM   #249
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Not convinced there's a good way of saying "croissant."

The correct pronunciation in a place like this is pretty much the same as returning from a trip to India with "namaste" added to your vocabulary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_uzwMi5NN0

Old 11-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #250
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Shit, b0lly, I'll be your friend.

*packs bags and moves to Shanghai*

Old 11-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #251
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

hell yeah buddy, when you get to the airport look for the guy with the boombox blasting third eye blind

DOO DOO DOO
DOO DOO DOO DOO

Old 11-26-2017, 11:21 AM   #252
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Looooooosssssinnnnggg a whoooollllleeee yeeeeeaaarrrrrr

Old 11-26-2017, 11:22 AM   #253
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

@b0lly I remember you and me used to spend, the whole god damn day, in bed.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #254
Ram27
dumb

I've been getting into Lorde lately, which is weird, cause normally I don't like pop music

But she's sort of contrarian and cool

Old 11-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #255
Ram27
dumb

Hi thread

Would it be weird to message this girl I like and ask for advice about getting an internship? I genuinely mean this 95% in earnest (and, really 100% in earnest, cause it's not unearnest to want to talk to someone)

Thanks, god bless

Old 11-26-2017, 11:30 AM   #256
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I can't help being moved by Lorde, but I think it's because she's from the same tiny remote island nation that I'm from, and the themes in her music just resonate with me in a way that is beyond my control

It's embarrassing. I listen to Lorde when I am alone at the gym or in an Air NZ plane or something

Old 11-26-2017, 11:32 AM   #257
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

no but seriously, did you guys ever think about nothingness?

the most "stripped down" version you could imagine of the universe in is a state of vacuum, in which the universe is nothingness and has nothing inside it and DOESN'T EXIST.

but if you really think about it, nothingness should be able to be able to go through states - just like with water and ice, except no water and no ice.

just as sound waves travel differently in water and in ice, different types of vacuum may enable other forms of particles. for instance, there could be a different vacuum than the one we know, which doesn't support the existence of Higgs particles, the result of that being that the most basic subatomic particles that make matter will not have mass - think about everything that means.

if such a transition between different forms of nothingness is indeed possible within our universe, then it could hypothetically be possible that at some point during existence, a certain bubble of a different type of vacuum would emerge, consuming anything it reaches and spreading outwards at all directions at the speed of light.

and if we're thinking about different states of matter, there's an even more catastrophic possibility that the universe might one day completely disappear in a bubble of nothingness that does not contain vacuum inside it, adding yet another layer to the void.

*curls up under the table*

Old 11-26-2017, 11:43 AM   #258
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
I've been getting into Lorde lately, which is weird, cause normally I don't like pop music

But she's sort of contrarian and cool
I don't dig much Lorde (though Team is a good track), but I ride pretty hard for St. Vincent these days. Masseduction is a top three album of the year for me.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:45 AM   #259
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post

the most "stripped down" version you could imagine of the universe in is a state of vacuum, in which the universe is nothingness and has nothing inside it and DOESN'T EXIST.

but if you really think about it, nothingness should be able to be able to go through states - just like with water and ice, except no water and no ice.

just as sound waves travel differently in water and in ice, different types of vacuum may enable other forms of particles. for instance, there could be a different vacuum than the one we know, which doesn't support the existence of Higgs particles, the result of that being that the most basic subatomic particles that make matter will not have mass - think about everything that means.

if such a transition between different forms of nothingness is indeed possible within our universe, then it could hypothetically be possible that at some point during existence, a certain bubble of a different type of vacuum would emerge, consuming anything it reaches and spreading outwards at all directions at the speed of light.

and if we're thinking about different states of matter, there's an even more catastrophic possibility that the universe might one day completely disappear in a bubble of nothingness that does not contain vacuum inside it, adding yet another layer to the void.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #260
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves

Old 11-26-2017, 12:01 PM   #261
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves

Old 11-26-2017, 12:38 PM   #262
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:

It's funny, this shit messes me up. And then my old friend, who I haven't heard from in literally years, sends me an email out of the blue.

Quote:
Subject: Finest gig I've seen in years

Just awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdkCEioCp24
And I feel like, whatever processes allowed this reality to eventuate...must in fact be quite fucken ordinary really.

And yet the bone dry wit of my friend to email me out of the blue with no real explanation, just a succinct damnation of whatever the fuck happened at this show

I mean it's kinda sublime.

This is a friend who graduated with honours in performance jazz drumming. He basically lived Whiplash and gave up and became a police officer because it meant he could ride motorbikes as fast as he wanted and shoot guns at the range.

But you know, underneath the sex and the motorbike riding and the shooting, I think he'll never stop being angry that he couldn't be a jazz drummer.

He said once "Live jazz is the whore that nobody wants to pay for." Fucking brutal.

Meanwhile, somewhere on a London stage, people are cheering that shit on. It's enough to make you hope that it is nothing, eh.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:02 PM   #263
Ram27
dumb

Taylor Hawkins isn't really a jazz drummer, haha

Old 11-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #264
Ram27
dumb

I kinda hate Whiplash. It glorifies killing yourself to impress some asshole when really, music should be about expressing yourself. Not your director, yourself; playing what you feel. Being able to play 'Whiplash' at the exact tempo the bald man counts off is pointless

Old 11-26-2017, 01:06 PM   #265
Ram27
dumb

Life is mostly just luck, I guess. Your friend probably practiced harder than Taylor, has better chops. But Foo Fighters played Wembley. Nothing really means anything, does it.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:23 PM   #266
vixnix
Socialphobic

When I say he lived Whiplash I mean that he worked so much he had time for nothing else and in the end it all amounted to nothing and it was a hard anticlimax for him to deal with.

I think the worst thing he ever had to deal with was teaching at an all-girls private school, where rich teenage girls who didn't know how to manage their menstrual flow would come into the tiny practice suite smelling strongly of blood and vaginal fluid and he would get an involuntary boner and have to wonder afterwards what that meant about his character. That's some grim shit, right there.

He never complains about it. That's why the email was funny I guess. Because to anyone else it looks sincere. He could have gone on a long rant, but he just made it so short and trusted his audience to get it. Masterful storytelling

Old 11-26-2017, 06:10 PM   #267
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Life is mostly just luck, I guess. Your friend probably practiced harder than Taylor, has better chops. But Foo Fighters played Wembley. Nothing really means anything, does it.
preach

Old 11-26-2017, 07:17 PM   #268
FoolofaTook

Ya'll sound like nihilist scum.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:19 PM   #269
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
When I say he lived Whiplash I mean that he worked so much he had time for nothing else and in the end it all amounted to nothing and it was a hard anticlimax for him to deal with.

I think the worst thing he ever had to deal with was teaching at an all-girls private school, where rich teenage girls who didn't know how to manage their menstrual flow would come into the tiny practice suite smelling strongly of blood and vaginal fluid and he would get an involuntary boner and have to wonder afterwards what that meant about his character. That's some grim shit, right there.

He never complains about it. That's why the email was funny I guess. Because to anyone else it looks sincere. He could have gone on a long rant, but he just made it so short and trusted his audience to get it. Masterful storytelling
Woah.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:10 AM   #270
Cool As Ice Cream

le néant, tehbolly, le néant