Location: my parent's house in a shitty backwater country town

shut the fuck up, fuzzy

Old 08-06-2017, 04:35 PM   #10802
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
what the fuck would you know about that subject
I could easily provide you with some literature on the topic if you'd like?

Just read any statistics regarding the amount of anti-depressants that have been prescribed during the past 20 years. The numbers have quite literally sky-rocketed. The sad truth is that being a doctor is like any other business, and their business is prescribing medication.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 08-06-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #10803
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

I don't mean to be insensitive. Regarding Tyler, Bi-polar should be treated with meds, and I'm glad he's feeling better.

My concern and opinion was addressed to TheB0lly and what he was discussing.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:01 PM   #10804
LaBelle
Minion of Satan

Next time I have to take medicine i'll make sure to have a lot of it so it's the last time i'll have to.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:01 PM   #10805
LaBelle
Minion of Satan

#triggerwarning

Old 08-06-2017, 05:15 PM   #10806
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I don't mean to be insensitive. Regarding Tyler, Bi-polar should be treated with meds, and I'm glad he's feeling better.

shut up moron

Old 08-06-2017, 05:17 PM   #10807
Bread Regal
Banned

they've literally skyrocketed

Old 08-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #10808
Bread Regal
Banned

just fuzzy shut the goddamn hell up, nobody is going to listen to your advice when you selectively share google results

Old 08-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #10809
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

The prescriptions given for anti-depressants per year in 2017 compared to 1997 is absolutely staggering and mind boggling. What's your reasoning for that pal? People just more sad than they used to be? lmao

Old 08-06-2017, 05:21 PM   #10810
Bread Regal
Banned

turn the computer off you daydrunk

Old 08-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #10811
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

Here, check this out buddy.

"NHS prescribed record number of antidepressants last year "

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ants-last-year

And Bread, a little advice for next time: you might wanna do a little research before acting insulting to someone.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 08-06-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:32 PM   #10812
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

Or perhaps Harvard would be an acceptable source for your self-perceived level of intellect.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/a...s-201110203624

"According to a report released yesterday by the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), the rate of antidepressant use in this country among teens and adults (people ages 12 and older) increased by almost 400% between 1988–1994 and 2005–2008."

Old 08-06-2017, 05:32 PM   #10813
Bread Regal
Banned

did you read beyond the headline before saying "yes, this supports my dumbfuck uneducated opinion"

Old 08-06-2017, 05:33 PM   #10814
Bread Regal
Banned

you don't need to answer because i already know that you didn't. so shut the fuck up about stuff you have no clue about.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:33 PM   #10815
Bread Regal
Banned

you clearly have eyeballs and a fucking brain. use them.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:38 PM   #10816
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

The study doesn't show whether it's a good thing or not... Just that the numbers are in fact staggering.

If you want me to share some critical pieces to educate you with I'd be happy to. (I mean this with the utmost sincerity).

Old 08-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #10817
Disco King
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: "The worst poster on this board by far." -- The worst poster on this board by far

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Am I the only one that finds going to a BDSM thing with someone as a first date or as just friends like... not normal? No offense, Disco Phreak
It was our third hangout thing together. The first two were unambiguously dates. This one, I dunno

Some folks were telling me "dude, if she's going to this thing with you, it's not really unclear what the nature of the meeting is," but I dunno. This woman is pretty liberal and open. This is the one who very candidly spoke about sex on our first date, she just kinda took the conversation there. She's very comfortable with herself, and not in the least bit timid. I can see her being the sort who would have zero problem talking about sex with somebody she only considered a friend. I mean, she's mentioned in the past getting naked with her friends at parties, and when the topic came to the sex trade, she said that a friend once offered her money for sex, and that she may have done it if offered more money. I was also mentioning how, while I'm down for checking out these workshops, I'd never go to the "play parties" held in the scene. She seemed less reticent about the idea of going to one herself.

It felt more like a "friend" thing to me than a date, so I didn't make any advances. I dunno, at lunch, her ride joined us partway through. He didn't eat, but three people at a table doesn't really sound like a date. He was a nice bloke, and it wouldn't have made sense for him to wait in the car when he could just sit with us, so it's not like I was bothered by this.

Also, the workshop was fully clothed, so it wasn't raunchy or anything. Pretty comfortable and mild. Even the one I went to alone, where some people were in their in underwear (sports bras and briefs, mostly, rather than anything more revealing) didn't feel too overwhelming, the only reason I was so nervous at that one is that I didn't have a partner and felt really weird just silently watching others, so I went home after about 15 minutes without saying a word. I only knew one person there, and she came with a friend, so I didn't want to cramp her style by hovering around her all night.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:42 PM   #10818
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
The study doesn't show whether it's a good thing or not... Just that the numbers are in fact staggering.

If you want me to share some critical pieces to educate you with I'd be happy to. (I mean this with the utmost sincerity).
no you don't. you're not arguing in good faith so i'm not going to do your work for you. read a fucking book and learn yourself. expose yourself to new ideas. stop mistaking your confidence for anything substantive.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:44 PM   #10819
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

The bottom line is that a lot of these doctors are quacks and will prescribe medications when it really isn't necessary. There really isn't a screening process when it comes to starting these powerful anti-depressants. Walk in, say you've been feeling depressed and you'll get a script like that. And they'll never give you proper counseling beforehand about the difficulties that come with trying to wane yourself off of these drugs.

Just read some of the horror stories online about people trying to stop taking them. God, it's not something I'd wanna fuck around with if I didn't absolutely have to.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:47 PM   #10820
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
no you don't. you're not arguing in good faith so i'm not going to do your work for you. read a fucking book and learn yourself. expose yourself to new ideas. stop mistaking your confidence for anything substantive.
You're acting insulting for no reason. I'm not saying that these drugs don't provide good in some cases. I'm simply stating as a fact that they're grossly over-prescribed to people who don't actually need to be taking them.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:49 PM   #10821
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

Does B0lly need to be medicated? I dunno, perhaps he does. But beginning such a regimen is no small deal, and it's a major commitment and often times a drug tolerance will create more problems than it solves.

Again, the internet is littered with these case experiences.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #10822
Disco King
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: "The worst poster on this board by far." -- The worst poster on this board by far

Come to think of it, the whole ambiguous situation with this girl probably won't just "fall where it may" without me doing something. Social norms would hold me responsible for escelsting things, so choosing to just stand back and let it go where it will is the same thing as choosing not to frame it as a romantic encounter. Silly social conventions and roles mean that I would have to make the move.

But at the same time, I'm still in the fence about whether we're even compatible. I feel like we like each other enough to be friends, but our lifestyles and dispositions night stand on too Stark a contrast for a romantic relationship to ever work out. She's super open and secure and comfortable, I'm a neurotic, navel-gazing, self-conscious wreck. She's super active and energetic, I'm listless and sedentary; I struggle to find motivation. She seems very socially experienced and connected, and I barely know what the experience of seeing a movie with friends is like. I'd be bound to frustrate her with my idleness.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:54 PM   #10823
Disco King
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Does B0lly need to be medicated? I dunno, perhaps he does. But beginning such a regimen is no small deal, and it's a major commitment and often times a drug tolerance will create more problems than it solves.

Again, the internet is littered with these case experiences.
Gambling is a bigger committment than meds. Nobody is going to come and break your legs if you fail to follow through with your regimen.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:55 PM   #10824
Disco King
Apocalyptic Poster

I like when I phone-post and my post lands in an inappropriate spot by the time I'm done thumbing it.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:57 PM   #10825
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

As they say, gamblings only a problem if you lose

I was watching a clip from Artie Lange awhile back and he was talking about how gambling is one of the only fun activities were you can do it without spending anything . He talked about how a hobby like skiing costs tons of money whereas gambling you can actually get money coming in

hahaha

Old 08-06-2017, 06:00 PM   #10826
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
The bottom line is that a lot of these doctors are quacks and will prescribe medications when it really isn't necessary. There really isn't a screening process when it comes to starting these powerful anti-depressants. Walk in, say you've been feeling depressed and you'll get a script like that. And they'll never give you proper counseling beforehand about the difficulties that come with trying to wane yourself off of these drugs.

Just read some of the horror stories online about people trying to stop taking them. God, it's not something I'd wanna fuck around with if I didn't absolutely have to.
you've yet to post any compelling evidence supporting that. do you know what class of antidepressants is in question? do you understand even the basest level of statistical analysis? i'm guessing not since you have dismissed math as "useless nonsense".

you are aggressively and willfully dumb. i'm done talking about the subject. if you want to learn more, go to school.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #10827
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

Ahhh, go suck a lemon

Old 08-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #10828
reprise85
Submortal

Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.

Quote:
The prescriptions given for anti-depressants per year in 2017 compared to 1997 is absolutely staggering and mind boggling. What's your reasoning for that pal? People just more sad than they used to be? lmao
There could be many reasons:

1. people are, in fact, more depressed than they used to be
2. people who are depressed are living longer, and eventually get on antidepressants instead of killing themselves.
3. the stigma around taking medication for mental illness is decreasing
4. doctors know more about mental illness and are more likely to see it as any other illness
5. newer antidepressants are safer and therefore doctors are less worried about their side effects
6. doctors are evil and love watching people get addicted to psychotropic medications

Old 08-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #10829
reprise85
Submortal

Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.

Quote:

it sounds like you think anything you don't understand (schizophrenia, bipolar) and don't have personal experience with is a-ok to be medicated but good ole depression, which you at least somewhat understand, isn't

it's ok to admit you're depressed fuzzy. it's ok to not want to take medication for it because of your own principles. but when you put down others for it, which you do constantly, that's really not okay. most people don't just decide to take meds because they feel a little down once in a while. something terrible has happened to them, or a series of unfortunate things on top of one another, or they are so depressed it is affecting their functioning and they start scaring themselves.

Last edited by reprise85 : 08-06-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:05 PM   #10830
Shallowed
Socialphobic

Location: my parent's house in a shitty backwater country town

shut the fuck up, fuzzy

Closed Thread