Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #31
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,655
Default

The key words from Corgan are "When she heard it wasn't how she wanted it to be"... Yes, she didn't wanna be the Steven Adler attraction wheeled up on stage for a couple songs each night. Why would she wanna go for that? That doesn't benefit anyone but Billy and the rest of the band.

Even Adler said it was bunk when he did it. Cause you do all this traveling, it's this big commitment all just to appear on stage for 5 minutes... It simply isn't worth the time and and commitment of simply showing up.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:51 PM   #32
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,655
Default

D'arcy couldn't have described it any better when she referred to it as dangling a carrot.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:06 PM   #33
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
It basically comes down to if you want to believe Billy or Darcy. There really is no proof either way.
Uhhh what? D'arcy released the proof. She thought she was going to be part of the reunion and then Billy dropped the bomb regarding what he was actually planning.

Pretty black and white.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:10 PM   #34
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 38,701
Default

everything's blue in this world

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:30 PM   #35
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,059
Red face

Even the great "Rolling Stone" doing the copy & paste thing, like Buttcannon, to write an article around it:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-years-w519782

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:31 PM   #36
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 38,701
Default

WOW THAT IS SOMETHING REALLY TO BE CONCERNED AND OR CARE ABOUT ITS SO CRAZY GOOD CALL

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:31 AM   #37
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Shadaloo's Avatar
 
Location: YOU SAID THERE WAS WATER ON THE MOON AND INSTEAD IT'S JUST MORE GODDAMN COCKSUCKING
Posts: 1,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
everything's blue in this world
All fuzzy

Spilling

Out

Of

M y

H e a d

 
Shadaloo is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:44 AM   #38
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
The key words from Corgan are "When she heard it wasn't how she wanted it to be"... Yes, she didn't wanna be the Steven Adler attraction wheeled up on stage for a couple songs each night. Why would she wanna go for that? That doesn't benefit anyone but Billy and the rest of the band.

Even Adler said it was bunk when he did it. Cause you do all this traveling, it's this big commitment all just to appear on stage for 5 minutes... It simply isn't worth the time and and commitment of simply showing up.
But while texting her you can see he was open to have her play a long set list "if you play 2 songs a night or 7 songs it's only gonna be great". They are planning a big tour with someone who's been out of the game for the last 20 years and was unsure if needed surgery. Of course they needed a plan b and someone to step in, in case something goes wrong. If you were Billy, wouldn't you be worrying? I mean, it's a big tour with big names involved, it's unlikely that someone from Live Nation or other parties didn't try to meet with her to discuss the details. I really doubt that they were so amateur to the point they planned a reunion tour + 30 years anniversary tour through Whatsapp, or even that Darcy didn't suspect she was being lied to if Billy was avoiding to meet her for almost 2 years.


We can discuss if the reunion should've been postponed until everything was said and signed.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:29 AM   #39
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,059
Default

Forgotten D'arcy...

They began the recordings in January without informing D'arcy about it. Without having known about her injury at that time. This is all well documented through the text messages.
They stayed for nearly a month in the studio, but Corgan told her, it would mostly be for just one song. Though he proudly posted on Instagram the opposite.

Why should Live Nation or "other parties" have tried to meet D’arcy, if even Corgan didn't do so?
The way he behaved the whole time, he played games with her, with Jack Bates already hired as their main bass player. But in the end he failed in assessing D’arcy’s reaction.

Doesn't need another discussion to see how poorly the "reunion" got handled.

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-05-2018 at 08:34 PM.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:38 AM   #40
T&T
Minion of Satan
 
T&T's Avatar
 
Location: montreal
Posts: 9,590
Default

is it news that Billy Corgan is a dickwad? Like we've been waiting for those texts as proof... nope.

 
T&T is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:09 AM   #41
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 15,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
everything's blue in this world
stop talking about tony tiger's cock

 
teh b0lly!!1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #42
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 15,606
Default

that d'arcy video is some grade-A squirming, tiptoeing around the topic, and refusing to give any account of what happened via endless babbling rationalization. i honestly wonder if big will believes himself when he spurts all this diarrhea

 
teh b0lly!!1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:24 PM   #43
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
But while texting her you can see he was open to have her play a long set list "if you play 2 songs a night or 7 songs it's only gonna be great". They are planning a big tour with someone who's been out of the game for the last 20 years and was unsure if needed surgery. Of course they needed a plan b and someone to step in, in case something goes wrong. If you were Billy, wouldn't you be worrying? I mean, it's a big tour with big names involved, it's unlikely that someone from Live Nation or other parties didn't try to meet with her to discuss the details. I really doubt that they were so amateur to the point they planned a reunion tour + 30 years anniversary tour through Whatsapp, or even that Darcy didn't suspect she was being lied to if Billy was avoiding to meet her for almost 2 years.


We can discuss if the reunion should've been postponed until everything was said and signed.
You're only seeing what you want to see.... It was obvious D'arcy was incredibly heartbroken, then she asked, "well what sorta money would I get" and Corgan snaps "I'm not gonna discuss any money regarding this".

You're looking at it through Billy's mind, but what would be in it for D'arcy? She's an iconic member of the band, and she wants to rejoin, but Billy had already decided that the ugly fat lard Jack Bates would take her spot. There's no discussion that D'arcy could even have, because the decision was already made.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:35 PM   #44
srt4b
Ownz
 
srt4b's Avatar
 
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
It basically comes down to that Billy fooled D'arcy for nearly two years about his opinion of her being involved again in the Smashing Pumpkins. If you still want to tell it involved at all...
Totally agree. I choose to not believe either.

 
srt4b is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #45
srt4b
Ownz
 
srt4b's Avatar
 
Posts: 746
Default

Does Lars have a podcast now? Everyone wants to be Rogan now I guess. Where can you watch the whole thing?

 
srt4b is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:05 PM   #46
WeilandFan
Ownz
 
WeilandFan's Avatar
 
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
The key words from Corgan are "When she heard it wasn't how she wanted it to be"... Yes, she didn't wanna be the Steven Adler attraction wheeled up on stage for a couple songs each night. Why would she wanna go for that? That doesn't benefit anyone but Billy and the rest of the band.

Even Adler said it was bunk when he did it. Cause you do all this traveling, it's this big commitment all just to appear on stage for 5 minutes... It simply isn't worth the time and and commitment of simply showing up.
Yeah, I'm totally open to hearing Billy's side, but he says things that confirm what she said like the 'wasn't what she wanted it to be.' The offer for her wasn't what the fans wanted either, the fans wanted the entire original lineup back together.

He also isn't giving specifics about offering to meet her face to face, she did. I'm not necessarily saying Billy is lying, but D'arcy laid out a specific example of an idea to meet she proposed to him that could have been great for them to bond on a personal level without any nonsense like negotiating contracts. Billy hasn't described any of his ideas to meet in person. If he could describe his take on what D'arcy mentioned about her coming to a show on his solo tour, I'd be interested in that, but the way D'arcy described it, it seemed like Billy never offered to have to her come to a specific show, he expected her to look up his tour dates online or something.

I know for a fact D'arcy has not kept up with that kind of stuff in-depth in the last several years. Going on Alternative Nation the last few months is probably the most she's seen in a long time. During our interview she even asked me if John Frusciante was still in Red Hot Chili Peppers. She's just living her life.

Last edited by WeilandFan : 05-05-2018 at 10:12 PM.

 
WeilandFan is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:34 PM   #47
johncg
Pledge
 
johncg's Avatar
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 194
Default

As usual you have to glean the truth through the tiny facts Billy carelessly spits out amid his incessant bullshit. The quote he shares from Jimmy is very revealing by virtue of what is left out: “Well this whole thing makes it obvious why it was never gonna work...” It also gives you an idea of why Jimmy has been able to work with Billy successfully for so long. He validates Billy just enough to make him think, “Yeah!!!! Haha it was never gonna work cause Darcy is a bitch!!!” Yet he also doesn’t actually assign blame to either party, leaving Billy open to just as much blame. Jimmy knows Billy is too arrogant to see it that way though. So Jimmy gets in his dig but Billy still feels like he’s Donald Trump. Very smart actually. Go Jimmy! He’s a hustler.....going all the way back to the early days when he would disappear for days and “find every pimp hooker and drug dealer in atlanta in 24 hours.”

 
johncg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:45 PM   #48
johncg
Pledge
 
johncg's Avatar
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 194
Default

His rationalizations are the best. “I was never in the room with her we only talked on the phone.” Right. If that text conversation happened in person, everything would have made total sense and Darcy would be happy being Steven Adler. Not being in the same room is the problem, not you Billy.

 
johncg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:52 PM   #49
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Yeah, I'm totally open to hearing Billy's side, but he says things that confirm what she said like the 'wasn't what she wanted it to be.' The offer for her wasn't what the fans wanted either, the fans wanted the entire original lineup back together.

He also isn't giving specifics about offering to meet her face to face, she did. I'm not necessarily saying Billy is lying, but D'arcy laid out a specific example of an idea to meet she proposed to him that could have been great for them to bond on a personal level without any nonsense like negotiating contracts. Billy hasn't described any of his ideas to meet in person. If he could describe his take on what D'arcy mentioned about her coming to a show on his solo tour, I'd be interested in that, but the way D'arcy described it, it seemed like Billy never offered to have to her come to a specific show, he expected her to look up his tour dates online or something.

I know for a fact D'arcy has not kept up with that kind of stuff in-depth in the last several years. Going on Alternative Nation the last few months is probably the most she's seen in a long time. During our interview she even asked me if John Frusciante was still in Red Hot Chili Peppers. She's just living her life.
I think the game-plan was to make D'arcy feel like she was involved... Keep her up to date, make her feel like she was a part of everything, and then make a proposition "for her own good". It's a typical huckster tactic. The idea is that this way she doesn't feel like she's being taken advantage of. When Billy heard she had a shoulder injury, it was the perfect opportunity to zone in and tell her the real proposition... "For her own good" of course.... D'arcy's too wise for that shit. She knew right away it was a con job.

What I don't understand is why Billy doesn't just roll the fucking dice and try it out with D'arcy.... If she implodes, then so be it... He's at where he is now, but with all the goodwill from the fans for appreciating his efforts in trying to make it work. Icing her out for fucking JACK BATES of all people isn't going to earn him any goodwill with his fans.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:54 PM   #50
johncg
Pledge
 
johncg's Avatar
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 194
Default

Also gotta love the Kurt Cobain clip where heís still bitter that no other musicians liked him in the 90s and goes on convincing himelf that the reason he wasnít cool is that he was just better than everyone else. LOLLLLLL. Right Billy. The only reason youíre not cool is that youíre the greatest human being ever and everyone else is a piece of shit. Seriously shut the fuck up. And are you really arguing that the New York music scene is lazy?? NYC is the most competitive and cut throat city on the planet for musicians where only the very best survive. THE REASON NO ONE LIKES YOU IS YOUíRE AN ARROGANT FUCKING DOUCHE. All of your peers have been telling you this since 1992. When are you just going to listen?

 
johncg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:25 AM   #51
panda show
Ownz
 
panda show's Avatar
 
Location: trees and balloons
Posts: 521
Default

take a chill pill dude lol

 
panda show is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:37 AM   #52
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 21,112
Default


 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:00 AM   #53
amoergosum
Apocalyptic Poster
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
When Billy heard she had a shoulder injury, it was the perfect opportunity to zone in and tell her the real proposition... "For her own good" of course.... D'arcy's too wise for that shit. She knew right away it was a con job.

Exactly.

Billy almost sounded disappointed when D'Arcy told him that there's no need for surgery.

>>>



 
amoergosum is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:19 AM   #54
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,059
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4b View Post
Does Lars have a podcast now? Everyone wants to be Rogan now I guess. Where can you watch the whole thing?
One should have expected on iTunes to be even more of the interview of Lars Ulrich with Billy Corgan than on YouTube, but it isn't there at all.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:33 AM   #55
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 1,969
Default

Honest question:

If D'Arcy was physically and mentally able to play the bass and tour, do think Billy would pick someone else for this reunion? Taking in consideration it would probably be more lucrative with her.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:31 AM   #56
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,059
Default

The way Billy treated her, he wanted D'arcy always only in for a small part. Otherwise he had shown more interest to meet her in the two years.

He didn't pick up James and D'arcy ten years ago, though it could have been more lucrative.
Now to him James seems to be necessary, to make the brand Smashing Pumpkins more successfull again.
But there could be other reasons too than to favour three guitarists, to still hold Jeff in the band...

Also strange are his busy activies on his next solo project in the middle of the comeback tour.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:02 AM   #57
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 1,969
Default

But both of them confirmed they were invited 10 years ago.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:20 AM   #58
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 1,969
Default

I still think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I think Darcy is experiencing the same feelings Billy was after the breakup. Hatred, rancor, resentment... it didn't help back then and it didn't help this time again.

Billy couldn't trust D'arcy 100% with the whole reunion thing, but that made D'Arcy feel unimportant. It all went from "let's be a band again" to "focus on the tour" to "nothing", and in a very ugly way.

I was 100% with D'arcy until I read the text messages and the interview. I'm 50/50 now.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:28 AM   #59
pavementtune
**************
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 7,753
Default

I could swear there was a thread with everthing that has been said in here before....

as for this tour being more lucrative with D'arcy - they do not have to pay Jack Bates nearly as much as an original member.

 
pavementtune is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:16 AM   #60
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,059
Thumbs up

And this cold be the reason why Jack Bates wants to quit the tour:

Not to be the uncomfortable argument for the beef between Billy and D'arcy, for the few bucks he would earn.
To have to deal for the rest of your live, when you're going to your favorite football/soccer club (Manchester City -or was it United?), with D'arcy Wretzky fans ranting at you for having destroyed their dream of a real reunion of the band.
By being a -nearly- better bass player than her...

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-06-2018 at 08:33 AM.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how do you think you'll react if billy dies Grox Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 64 01-16-2016 03:05 PM
Billy Corgan? I know you're reading. And you need to read this. Now. Reyngel Pumpkins Archive 297 05-26-2010 07:14 AM
Billy supposedly talks about James and Darcy N0toyz4OJ Pumpkins Archive 95 07-22-2007 07:51 PM
An MP FAQ In Progress - Don't Kill Me :) Axis of Action Pumpkins Archive 120 03-25-2003 02:50 AM
"Post of the Week" July 9 2001 issue of The Pumpkins Smashing TheDeuce Pumpkins Archive 13 08-12-2002 09:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2014