Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2018, 10:36 AM   #91
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I just don't think that rich people are getting rich because they have better personalities or something.
i didn't say anything about "better" personalities. i'm not ranking personality.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #92
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
btw, people who become financially successful do so because of their personality and charisma, and they attract women for these reasons, not solely for their money.

Financial success is most certainly a buffer between women and the men they seek on a long term basis.

As a naive guy in my late 20s, I was always annoyed that girls in my circle always liked to hang out because I was into cool music and films, I was making films, or whatever, but they never wanted to get closer.

Later when it became apparent some of those girls actually had boyfriends or were engaged to guys who were lawyers or came from families with serious money, and actually kept their boyfriends a secret to manage some sort of weird hip/artistic/street cred, was I forced to wake up.

Now I'm in my early 30s, married, and I have a much better "normal" job than I did before.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:13 AM   #93
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Red face

Quote:
i didn't say anything about "better" personalities. i'm not ranking personality.
PULL RANK?

Old 07-20-2018, 11:16 AM   #94
myosis
Minion of Satan

ok i've made a very broad statement because fuzzy talks about becoming a wealthy man and how this will secure him happiness with girls, cause in their 30's they don't care about personality anymore. just make money! (and who cares about needs and healthy communication?)

so is that your sentiment?
+ do you equate this "wealthy man" thing to having a "normal" job?

Old 07-20-2018, 12:32 PM   #95
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i met a platonic encounter on craigslist who wanted to meet a girl at putt-putt. afterwards we talked near his car, but luckily i drove there myself and didn't have any reason to go anywhere with him.

he was nice enough, but he didn't make me laugh. plus he was sooo skinny.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #96
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
ok i've made a very broad statement because fuzzy talks about becoming a wealthy man and how this will secure him happiness with girls, cause in their 30's they don't care about personality anymore. just make money! (and who cares about needs and healthy communication?)

so is that your sentiment?
+ do you equate this "wealthy man" thing to having a "normal" job?
Of course personal needs and communication matter, that goes without saying. I don't think anyone would deny that those things matter. The point at hand seems to be that our generation has grown up hearing over and over again this naive notion that "Money doesn't matter! It's what's on the inside that counts!" and all this other feel-good bullshit that doesn't apply in the real world.

Fuzzy is right about at least one thing he has implied:

When people get into their 30's they take more seriously finding someone to be with on a long-term basis. At this point the person you end up with will likely be your mate for the long haul or you face finding someone new, settling, and having kids at an older age if things go sour. At this point money becomes a much more pertinent issue than it was previously. I mean all this stuff is obvious, but sometimes not so much until you actually arrive there. Many things matter when it comes to what people look for in another person, but it's without a doubt that in the 30s, money and stability will be the first on the list. Everything else, for MOST people, will be secondary

Old 07-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #97
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Damn, straight people are so neurotic and weird.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:43 PM   #98
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Women do place more value on financial stability and status in their potential mates then men do, but both men and women consistently name things such as personality, agreeableness, trust, etc. etc. as the most important qualities a mate must have. The things that you see gender differences in (being able to provide, appearance, etc.) are stable differences that you see across culture, but still are only secondary to the things that both sexes look for most in a partner.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:49 PM   #99
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Damn, straight people are so neurotic and weird.
bigot

Old 07-20-2018, 01:54 PM   #100
myosis
Minion of Satan

i'm living in the 1960's

Old 07-20-2018, 01:56 PM   #101
FoolofaTook

I'm living in Narnia.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #102
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvase View Post
bigot
Thank you!!!!! I really appreciate this positive feedback, i'm printing this post and hanging it over my mirror along with all the other good messages I receive.

You are very welcome.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #103
myosis
Minion of Satan

When women get into their 30's they've had a lot of time to realize what is good for them and what they need in a mate.
Many would rather be alone than in the wrong relationship.

I guess I am biased in my experience because the kind of person that I like is smart and independant. but seriously, fuzzy's advice is utterly useless to someone like me.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:58 PM   #104
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I'm living in Narnia.
In the closet?

Old 07-20-2018, 02:03 PM   #105
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Women do place more value on financial stability and status in their potential mates then men do, but both men and women consistently name things such as personality, agreeableness, trust, etc. etc. as the most important qualities a mate must have. The things that you see gender differences in (being able to provide, appearance, etc.) are stable differences that you see across culture, but still are only secondary to the things that both sexes look for most in a partner.
10 times out of 10 what people say they want is not what they actually want and proceed to act upon.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:07 PM   #106
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Thank you!!!!! I really appreciate this positive feedback, i'm printing this post and hanging it over my mirror along with all the other good messages I receive.

You are very welcome.
I considered something far more detailed and abrasive, had I known you were going to hang it over your mirror I'd of written something more interesting to be remembered by

Old 07-20-2018, 02:10 PM   #107
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
I considered something far more detailed and abrasive, had I known you were going to hang it over your mirror I'd of written something more interesting to be remembered by
Come on, now you gotta say it. I'll not be able to sleep without knowing it.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:24 PM   #108
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
10 times out of 10 what people say they want is not what they actually want and proceed to act upon.
this is fuzzically basic science

Old 07-20-2018, 02:26 PM   #109
FoolofaTook

Quote:
In the closet?
It was a wardrobe!!!

Old 07-20-2018, 03:08 PM   #110
redbreegull

so artvase is fuzzy's "intellectual" troll right? where he writes a normal fuzzy post and then checks he used all the words correctly before he presses reply?

Old 07-20-2018, 03:20 PM   #111
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
TOP DEFINITION
Unicorn
That girl that you can't catch. Everything about her is so perfect (divine, if you will) getting with her is unfathomable. She is truly a blessing from God. Bumping into her on the sidewalk is a good day. Holding a conversation with her... you were probably dreaming. Anything beyond that - good luck. It takes time, effort, and a whole lot of persistency. But never give up; unicorns are said to be "uncatchable," but nothing is impossible. Impossible is nothing. Under no circumstances, never ever, not ever, at no time, should you ever marry a girl who is not your unicorn... Unless you have some super square wheels, then you should look up the word "Swamp Donkey." Everyone has a unicorn; it's just a matter of spotting her and tracking her down. Give it time, it will happen. "For destiny grants us our wishes, but in its own way, in order to give us something beyond our wishes." Good will hunting boiiis.
"Dude, did you just see that broad? I think I just found my unicorn. Now how do I go about talking to her?"

“That girl is a ten for sure.” “No bro, she’s not a ten - she’s beyond a ten. She’s my unicorn.”
#perfection#mrs. right#wifey#dream girl#beautician#smokeshow#oh hot damn
by A Bro Tryna Catch His Unicorn February 12, 2012

Unicorn food
A single piece of corn.
I ate a unicorn yesterday!
by Asamusay July 07, 2016
I thought a unicorn was specifically that person you know and have wanted to be with for years but it has never worked out or they aren't interested in you or whatever, not just based on attractiveness

Quote:
where the hell would get that idea? you're saying that women become more shallow as they age? keep dreaming, guy.
I have seen the opposite in my own experience, not talking about women specifically but people dating in general

Quote:
When women get into their 30's they've had a lot of time to realize what is good for them and what they need in a mate.
Many would rather be alone than in the wrong relationship.

I guess I am biased in my experience because the kind of person that I like is smart and independant. but seriously, fuzzy's advice is utterly useless to someone like me.
Although I know we have split over our dating preferences/behaviors before, I agree with you 100% here. The kind of people I am attracted to are those who are strong-willed and are not in any way looking for someone to buy them shit or help them pay rent, or achieve a certain status or whatever. I guess those people are out there and apparently they are who fuzzy/artvase is interested in, but IME I have actually been surprised at how many people out there are NOT like this because fuzzy's patriarchal, sexist stereotypes of relationships are very widespread. Keep in mind also fuzzy, that most of your views seem out of the 1950s, and millennials are mostly poor and in debt. You are probably poor and in debt too, but your self-perception is not accurate.

The biggest thing I have noticed about dating in late 20s vs. early 20s is that people's intentions become clearer and they hone in on what they want. There are less greyish situations where it's like we're dating but we don't know what we are, sometimes we sleep together but we're just friends, shit like that. I don't think that hooking up happens significantly less for older millennials (in fact I don't have evidence but in my personal experience and in that of my friends', casual sex and one night stands happen a lot more when you are near 30 than when you are near 20). I just think people are more focused in their intentions, as in "I am looking for someone to go to dinner with and have sex with afterward without any pressure," or "I am looking for a serious relationship with someone who is an optimal interpersonal match"

Quote:
In the closet?
It was a wardrobe, actually.

Last edited by redbreegull : 07-20-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #112
redbreegull

There is truth in the idea that certain social lines are hard to cross in a variety of contexts, including dating, like a homeless person is probably not going to be desirable to one of the kardashians, but everyone on this board is from a relatively similar socio-economic and cultural background, and in that context what fuzzy is saying is absurd. I'm sure his support of Donald Trump makes him less desirable to partners than ANYTHING else he could say about himself.

I mean it turns out having crippling depression and anxiety + being poor is not really that big an obstacle to making someone like you if you have something to offer them on an emotional level, so I'm just not that worried.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #113
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
I've actually had girls message me first on tinder. really good convo starters too - one asked 'zildjian or sabian' and like damn she did a bit of research

not saying that to brag - i also can't even bring myself to reply to anyone because i am a husk of a person
I often feel the same.

And I hate when I match 18-25 year olds on Tinder. I'm 42, and it's always the same - "age is just a number". Never end up meeting them.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #114
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

age is most certainly not just a number.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:35 PM   #115
redbreegull

You can change your age preferences on tinder. Like when I used to see 18 year olds on tinder, all I could think about is how I could have worked with them doing homework help when they were in 3rd grade and I was already an adult and that was weird enough for me to not want to look at the dating profiles of 18 year old women anymore

Old 07-20-2018, 03:37 PM   #116
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
POF is a pretty good site. Decent looking women surprisingly. I've used it a little bit, even been messaged by a few cuties... Gotta love that.
POF, Tinder, Happn and Badoo. I like Happn best but you don't match many people. But I have met a Brazilian lady twice now and she is very nice.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:38 PM   #117
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
age is most certainly not just a number.
Well exactly. Which is why I hate being told that.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #118
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

And sometimes you message the 18-19 year old you've just matched with and they tell you to "fuck off",

Old 07-20-2018, 03:55 PM   #119
myosis
Minion of Satan

a 21 yo was persuing me last year and i was convinced it was some kind of fraudster. never met her...

Old 07-20-2018, 03:56 PM   #120
myosis
Minion of Satan

probably wasn't a fraud but it's the first idea you get