Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2018, 03:40 PM   #1501
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
My guess would be that D'arcy, having not been in the music business for 19 years, didn't immediately jump at every opportunity Corgan gave her to meet up with him (e.g. during the solo tour). Corgan probably interpreted this as "deferring" when the reality was, she remained interested in being a part of the band (you can tell she truly felt hurt when she saw Billy, Jimmy, James, and Jeff in the studio without her). It goes back to the main disagreement Corgan admits he had with D'arcy during the band's heyday. He considers the band the end all be all of his professional and personal life, whereas D'arcy puts other priorities above the band.

As for why Jimmy and James didn't reach out...

From what I've been told, Jimmy has purposefully taken a "hands off" approach to being in the band since he returned in 2015. Jimmy took a more active approach in handling the band's business affairs from 2006 to 2008, which led to many disagreements since Corgan had final say in the matters (although he apparently took Jimmy's opinion into consideration). Jimmy felt this was one of the biggest factors that led to him and Corgan falling out in 2009, and decided that if he was to re-join, he wanted to focus exclusively on music. He joins the band for rehearsals and shows, and pretty much has no other involvement in the day-to-day matters of the band. I imagine the idea of trying to mediate between Billy and D'arcy was the last thing he wanted to do, particularly when Jimmy has said before that he enjoys playing with other bassists more than D'arcy.

As for James, I do not think it could be more obvious this is a financial decision for him. I am not slighting him. The dude just turned 50 and has a wife and two children. He deserves to be able to profit off a band he co-founded and played a vital part in its success; particularly after Corgan spent almost a decade squandering the band's accumulated goodwill. Hey, Iha may even have some fun playing on the tour, but the money probably speaks more to him at this point in his life than staying in touch with a woman he only spoke to sporadically.
Describing D’Arcy as a “woman he [Iha] only spoke to sporadically” is pretty disingenuous. They were incredibly close for a long time and he was the only member of SP she remained in touch with for years and years.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:27 PM   #1502
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
I totally agree with that, but we don't know if he didn't invite her. She talks about it on one of her interviews

I don't understand why Billy would say "you missed it" if he hadn't invited her. Maybe she wanted a formal invitation, and Billy was trying to keep things simple as in "hey, I'm playing Michigan on my solo tour, I'd love to see you there". And Darcy was like "well, if he wants me there he should invite me".
You wanted D'arcy to be invited on the Plainsong Tour, not knowing how fit she would be for the stage?

You're looking for every excuse for Billy Corgan -but not for D'arcy.

I've lost every respect for Corgan after they leaked the compromising photo of D'arcy to Mancow Muller and him visiting Muller just two days later after his disgusting "battered rockstar" contest.

Corgan could at least have taken the opportunity to say he disliked Muller's action. But instead he completely ignored it, got into his crybaby-victim role, not able to talk about the feud with D'arcy.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:48 PM   #1503
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
You wanted D'arcy to be invited on the Plainsong Tour, not knowing how fit she would be for the stage?

You're looking for every excuse for Billy Corgan -but not for D'arcy.

I've lost every respect for Corgan after they leaked the compromising photo of D'arcy to Mancow Muller and him visiting Muller just two days later after his disgusting "battered rockstar" contest.

Corgan could at least have taken the opportunity to say he disliked Muller's action. But instead he completely ignored it, got into his crybaby-victim role, not able to talk about the feud with D'arcy.
No, I wanted them to meet out of the reunion context. She didn't even need to play or sing, just turn up to see the concert, talk, and IF everything was ok for both I'm sure she could join him to sing on Daydream. I don't think it's fair to say Mancow's source was Billy cause we don't know that.

I was 100% on D'arcy's side... until she shared the phone massages. She knows it backfired on her and deactivated her account when people start telling her it looked more like Billy was trying to get her back in the band the best way possible. After that, i've been trying to understand what went wrong between them.

Last edited by Forgotten Child : 04-30-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:01 PM   #1504
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
As for James, I do not think it could be more obvious this is a financial decision for him. I am not slighting him. The dude just turned 50 and has a wife and two children. He deserves to be able to profit off a band he co-founded and played a vital part in its success; particularly after Corgan spent almost a decade squandering the band's accumulated goodwill. Hey, Iha may even have some fun playing on the tour, but the money probably speaks more to him at this point in his life than staying in touch with a woman he only spoke to sporadically.
He's married alright, with someone who has a career herself. It's not like he has to provide for his family or that he couldn't do that with all the things he does (he's a musician, and a touring member for APC, a producer, a composer, a fashion designer and consultant), and I doubt he burned out the money he made with the pumpkins. I mean, he seems busy enough to not need to work with someone who called him a "piece of shit"and "one of the worst human beings" he's ever met.

i don't buy it.

Old 04-30-2018, 06:44 PM   #1505
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Read my post again. I didnt deny that Corgan and Iha seem to get along now, and I’m even sure he will enjoy the tour and playing the old songs, but if you think finances aren’t the major reason Iha is doing this tour, I have some magic beans for you to buy. As for your other points...

-Yes his wife has a career, but how often has that stopped someone from making a decision to make more money.
-Corgan has always gotten the majority of the royalties since he wrote the vast majority of songs. In the past, when people bought records, I’m sure Iha made decent money off royalties from album sales and mechanicals from the songs he wrote and co-wrote, but with streaming and the fact that none of “his songs” get significant radio play, I’m sure he makes a lot less money off Pumpkins royalties than he did even 10 years ago.
-Yes, I’m sure he makes fair money off producing and playing with A Perfect Circle, but Indoubt any of that work pays out in a big way; certainly considering he mainly produces independent bands.

If you wanna pretend Chamberlin, Corgan, and Iha all are best bros - and his decision to play this tour isn’t motivated in a huge part by money- you are truly naive

Old 04-30-2018, 07:38 PM   #1506
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I was 100% on D'arcy's side... until she shared the phone massages. She knows it backfired on her and deactivated her account when people start telling her it looked more like Billy was trying to get her back in the band the best way possible. After that, i've been trying to understand what went wrong between them.
The phone messages didn't backfire on her at all. They were picked up by most of the music media outlets and showed Billy for the ruthless asshole that he is behind the scenes. He deserved a reality check like that.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:56 PM   #1507
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

It did backfire on her. You probably didn't follow her live comments the morning it was posted trying to explain how people misread it (she sounds like Billy Corgan), and no she wasn't replying to haters, most of them were clearly still very supportive of her while trying to say it was probably a misunderstanding between them - she stops replying and deactivates her account straight away.

You can still go to the comment section on those websites tho, don't go to the original one cause it's full of Fat Machines, but check the stereogum or CoS comment sections and you will see that even the average "Billy is an arsehole" person thought he was being reasonable this time.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:58 PM   #1508
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
It did backfire on her. You probably didn't follow her live comments the morning it was posted trying to explain how people misread it (she sounds like Billy Corgan), and no she wasn't replying to haters, most of them were clearly still very supportive of her while trying to say it was probably a misunderstanding between them - she stops replying and deactivates her account straight away.

You can still go to the comment section on those websites tho, don't go to the original one cause it's full of Fat Machines, but check the stereogum or CoS comment sections and you will see that even the average "Billy is an arsehole" person thought he was being reasonable this time.
I thought in general there were a variety of different reactions to the texts online.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:00 PM   #1509
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Read my post again. I didnt deny that Corgan and Iha seem to get along now, and I’m even sure he will enjoy the tour and playing the old songs, but if you think finances aren’t the major reason Iha is doing this tour, I have some magic beans for you to buy. As for your other points...

-Yes his wife has a career, but how often has that stopped someone from making a decision to make more money.
-Corgan has always gotten the majority of the royalties since he wrote the vast majority of songs. In the past, when people bought records, I’m sure Iha made decent money off royalties from album sales and mechanicals from the songs he wrote and co-wrote, but with streaming and the fact that none of “his songs” get significant radio play, I’m sure he makes a lot less money off Pumpkins royalties than he did even 10 years ago.
-Yes, I’m sure he makes fair money off producing and playing with A Perfect Circle, but Indoubt any of that work pays out in a big way; certainly considering he mainly produces independent bands.

If you wanna pretend Chamberlin, Corgan, and Iha all are best bros - and his decision to play this tour isn’t motivated in a huge part by money- you are truly naive
He's been scoring movies and tv series for years now. I'm not saying he's only doing this for the fans, but I doubt money is even the main reason here.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:37 PM   #1510
T&T
Socialphobic

OMG guys.
isnt' it SUPER obvious that this is all airplane mode's fault.
she's clearly jealous of d'arcy and didn't want billy out on tour with her.
Billy's a dog and can't be trusted.

james's wife doesn't trust him either, so he's not talking to d'arcy anymore either.
the way these dogs treat women is disgusting.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:59 PM   #1511
fuzzyroes
Banned

man, rereading those texts again, Billy is just savage. He obviously had no intention of having her back in the band. It's like he invites her back thinking that she won't wanna do a full role, and when she says she'll do it he starts weasel talking and back tracking.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 04-30-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:02 PM   #1512
fuzzyroes
Banned

"And so you hear it directly from me, I want you to know that you're welcome to partake in the tour however you'd like to. It would mean a lot to the fans to have you back!"

"okay, I wanna play bass"

"No, you can't do that"

Then Billy rambles on about how there isn't enough time... Well why did he feel the impulse to rush it together like this?

Billy's just a brutal dude.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:08 PM   #1513
fuzzyroes
Banned

This really could've been a healing comeback for D'arcy. Could've been an inspirational thing and it would've been a really good narrative for the tour. Musician who struggled with substance abuse and who was out of the public eye for 20 years is welcomed back by her band and has a chance to make right again on a victory lap of sorts. People love that kind of shit.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:45 AM   #1514
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Quote:
No, I wanted them to meet out of the reunion context. She didn't even need to play or sing, just turn up to see the concert, talk, and IF everything was ok for both I'm sure she could join him to sing on Daydream. I don't think it's fair to say Mancow's source was Billy cause we don't know that.

Billy and James had met before privately and rehearsed for the concerts together he joined.
Why should D'arcy get stressed by meeting Billy the first time already in public AND do a performance for the first time again with them without a rehearsal -after 19 years...?

Maybe Billy wasn't that stupid to give his buddy the picture directly himself? YES, we don't know that.
BUT he still had the nerve to visit him two days later in this situation -demonstrating that there WAS a connection- only for being upset how D'arcy treated him. Absolute narcissistic self pity "crybaby" behaviour…

I guess you mean MESSAGES. She shared them because Corgan told her to be a LIAR. There is NO doubt reading them that D’arcy wasn’t invited to the studio recordings. You can be sure, Corgan would have used her shoulder injury as an excuse for it, if it wasn’t documented there too, that he only got aware of it afterwards.
I guess YOU would now argue, in your “objective” position: “Why didn’t she come to the studio anyway? She could still sing background vocals, bla bla bla…“ Ignoring, that this was a situation to feel not really wanted and that it was more important for her to cure her injury…

Oh YES, you’re a 100% neutral person with bitching that D’arcy deactivated her Facebook account herself, though you're NOT knowing about it!
Only doesn’t make sense with her NOT avoiding to discuss with haters on the AN sites publicly.

You try to tell your PERSONAL opinions as an objective analysis.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:24 AM   #1515
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Billy and James had met before privately and rehearsed for the concerts together he joined.
Why should D'arcy get stressed by meeting Billy the first time already in public AND do a performance for the first time again with them without a rehearsal -after 19 years...?

Maybe Billy wasn't that stupid to give his buddy the picture directly himself? YES, we don't know that.
BUT he still had the nerve to visit him two days later in this situation -demonstrating that there WAS a connection- only for being upset how D'arcy treated him. Absolute narcissistic self pity "crybaby" behaviour…

I guess you mean MESSAGES. She shared them because Corgan told her to be a LIAR. There is NO doubt reading them that D’arcy wasn’t invited to the studio recordings. You can be sure, Corgan would have used her shoulder injury as an excuse for it, if it wasn’t documented there too, that he only got aware of it afterwards.
I guess YOU would now argue, in your “objective” position: “Why didn’t she come to the studio anyway? She could still sing background vocals, bla bla bla…“ Ignoring, that this was a situation to feel not really wanted and that it was more important for her to cure her injury…

Oh YES, you’re a 100% neutral person with bitching that D’arcy deactivated her Facebook account herself, though you're NOT knowing about it!
Only doesn’t make sense with her NOT avoiding to discuss with haters on the AN sites publicly.

You try to tell your PERSONAL opinions as an objective analysis.
I didn't say they should've met the first time in public, I said there was an opportunity on that tour that they could've play together that she could've got back on a big stage again as there was during that previous pumpkins tour.

Can you explain why Billy met with James but didn't meet with Darcy? Or why James didn't meet Darcy either, to work like a middleman? Who has met Darcy for the last 19 years anyway? It's not like people are avoiding her, it's the other way around.

It's very simplistic to say they didn't meet cause Billy didn't want her back in the band, even tho he reconnected with her, shared very personal stuff and even worked on the reunion without a proper meeting.

About her Facebook account: she wasn't banned, the account wasn't blocked or excluded. It was deactivated and an account can only be deactivated by the owner or someone with access to that account. Was she "hacked" again? And this hacker decided to only deactivate her account instead of deleting it permanently? Yeah, right.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:13 AM   #1516
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I didn't say they should've met the first time in public, I said there was an opportunity on that tour that they could've play together that she could've got back on a big stage again as there was during that previous pumpkins tour.

Can you explain why Billy met with James but didn't meet with Darcy? Or why James didn't meet Darcy either, to work like a middleman? Who has met Darcy for the last 19 years anyway? It's not like people are avoiding her, it's the other way around.

It's very simplistic to say they didn't meet cause Billy didn't want her back in the band, even tho he reconnected with her, shared very personal stuff and even worked on the reunion without a proper meeting.

About her Facebook account: she wasn't banned, the account wasn't blocked or excluded. It was deactivated and an account can only be deactivated by the owner or someone with access to that account. Was she "hacked" again? And this hacker decided to only deactivate her account instead of deleting it permanently? Yeah, right.
WE don't know why her Facebook account doesn't show up, her account status. You are again just speculating!
I told her links, how to reactivate it, IF it was deactivated by mistake. She said she would try them, but obviously didn't get further with it.

Not I, you or anybody else NOT being in their surroundings can judge why Billy and James reconnected and James and D’arcy alienated.
Don’t bug with your PERSONAL opinion that D’arcy had avoided them.

D’arcy, Billy, James and Jimmy should have come together around the gig in Chicago 2016. This is all I had wished for her as a first step back in the public.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:32 AM   #1517
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

are you guys still saying the same shit in this thread?

jesus christ

Old 05-01-2018, 05:04 AM   #1518
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

well, it is a Smashing Pumpkins board in 2018

we could also go back to discussing our favourite songs

Old 05-01-2018, 05:56 AM   #1519
T&T
Socialphobic

anyone in the mood to make a list of something?

Old 05-01-2018, 06:52 AM   #1520
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

quick everybody, post your alt tracklist to your fav SP record that nobody else gives a shit about and will forget ever existed even before scrolling it into oblivion

Old 05-01-2018, 07:51 AM   #1521
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Siamese Dream

1. "Autre Temps" ("Another Time")
2. "Là Où Naissent les Couleurs Nouvelles" ("Where New Colours Are Born")
3. "Les Voyages de l'Âme" ("The Journeys of the Soul")
4. "Nous Sommes l'Émeraude" ("We Are the Emerald")
5. "Beings of Light"
6. "Faiseurs de Mondes" ("Makers of Worlds")
7. "Havens"
8. "Summer's Glory"

Old 05-01-2018, 08:38 AM   #1522
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
WE don't know why her Facebook account doesn't show up, her account status. You are again just speculating!
I told her links, how to reactivate it, IF it was deactivated by mistake. She said she would try them, but obviously didn't get further with it.

Not I, you or anybody else NOT being in their surroundings can judge why Billy and James reconnected and James and D’arcy alienated.
Don’t bug with your PERSONAL opinion that D’arcy had avoided them.

D’arcy, Billy, James and Jimmy should have come together around the gig in Chicago 2016. This is all I had wished for her as a first step back in the public.
Cause saying Billy leaked her picture is not only your opinion, it's a fact you know for sure. Right.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:58 AM   #1523
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Describing D’Arcy as a “woman he [Iha] only spoke to sporadically” is pretty disingenuous. They were incredibly close for a long time and he was the only member of SP she remained in touch with for years and years.

This was 2013. The interviewer asks if James still speaks to D'arcy. He hesitantly responds "once in a while."

2016 interview with D'arcy:

Quote:
Speaking of The Pumpkins, she called former bandmate James Iha’s two appearances with the new version of The Pumpkins “really healthy,” and said Iha is the only member of the Pumpkins who she keeps in contact with, albeit just “here and there.”
That doesn't sound like they have remained as close in the last eighteen years as they did when they played in the band together. I am not saying James was not D'arcy's friend after she left the band, but it's clear their contact diminished greatly over the years. If given a choice to play a huge arena tour with old band mates and make money, or maintain a friendship where you talked "once in a while" "here and there," most people would take the same path James did.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:36 PM   #1524
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Cause saying Billy leaked her picture is not only your opinion, it's a fact you know for sure. Right.
He either leaked it or endorsed it you know ?

I were Billy and didn’t have anything to do with the photo I’d have been fucking livid with “mancow” , definitely not posting about how he’s my best friend in the whole wide world days later.

And if I were “mancow” and someone anonymously sent me that pic I’d have at least asked asked my best friend in the whole world Billy Corgan if he was cool with me posting it...if only because he was putting a reunion together at the time.

..and if I were Billy I’d have told him hell no, delete the photo.

B b but I’m a decent human being not Billy Corgan or Mancow

Old 05-01-2018, 03:46 PM   #1525
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

It seems that the only problem is if your an opinion goes "against" Darcy, but we are free to accuse any other member without not even 1 real fact. Right on!

Old 05-01-2018, 06:07 PM   #1526
T&T
Socialphobic

it's a fact that billy is a dirty pig and he raped d'arcy a few times.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:28 PM   #1527
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

The leaked picture was first seen on a mysterious instagram account that only 5 or 6 people including Airplane Mode followed, and it had other exclusive pictures of BC in the studio that only they would have. Pretty easy to put two and two together.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:28 PM   #1528
T&T
Socialphobic

is a picture billy took after he assaulted and raped d'arcy.

RAPIST. just like bill cosby. it's not a coincidence they share the same initials. it's just a matter of time before it all comes out. how many more women need to be raped?
How young do you think Chloe was when he started grooming her?

Old 05-02-2018, 01:18 AM   #1529
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
The leaked picture was first seen on a mysterious instagram account that only 5 or 6 people including Airplane Mode followed, and it had other exclusive pictures of BC in the studio that only they would have. Pretty easy to put two and two together.
Yeah, IN MY OPINION* the account was obviously from someone inside the Pumpkins Camp if not Billy himself. I can't believe the media didn't pick up on this story and expose Billy for intimidating and publicly humiliating a female musician.

The guy is a scumbag.

*don't sue me Corgan

Old 05-02-2018, 01:44 AM   #1530
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
It seems that the only problem is if your an opinion goes "against" Darcy, but we are free to accuse any other member without not even 1 real fact. Right on!
Think McFly. Think.

Even if Billy had nothing to do with it....:

Either Billy was given notice by his friend and did nothing

Or his friend didn’t give him notice about it but Billy was totally ok about it.

That is FACT. doesn’t sound like a nice guy.

Use your brain.