Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #31
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Speaking of shitty memories.

I've had this memory forever, where I am in a cage that is set on a wall, and I see my mom on a bed sleeping and I am trapped and I don't know why I can't be with my mom. There is blue light streaming in the room, like it's dawn.

At thanksgiving my mom brought up an event, when I got my tonsils out she was in the hospital with a staph infection and they put us in the same room. I asked her, was I in a crib or something that was on the wall or really high or something? She said, yeah it was a cage and it was just really high. I was 3.

I never knew what to make of this memory. Confirmation is pretty cool. Although fucked up that they put children in cages, apparently.

She also told me that I didn't speak more than single words until I was 3, but I had constant ear infections and she thinks it was because I was mostly deaf. And I had a parasite when I was 1 and it took doctors months to figure out what it was. Apparently I was sick all the time. But I never cried pretty much ever about anything.
I really hate that they use those things. They look awful. They need to come up with something better. I also had a ton of ear infections as a child. I have memories of laying on the sofa real still and the tears rolling down my face it was so painful. :[

Old 12-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #32
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

The one time I had an ear infection my Mum took me to the doctor. This was a big deal because she only took us if we asked her, and this time I didn't ask, I was just curled up on the sofa not eating or drinking. So painful

Those cage things sound horrible! I actually thought you and your mum must have both mis=remembered or something, until Starla posted, it just sounded too awful

Controlling means that he cared though. Mine just kicked me out.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #33
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
I really hate that they use those things. They look awful. They need to come up with something better. I also had a ton of ear infections as a child. I have memories of laying on the sofa real still and the tears rolling down my face it was so painful. :[
Oh, so it's common thing then - cages in hospitals? That's terrible.