Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2020, 07:33 AM   #31
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Oh wow give Helena bonham carter an Emmy for s04e07 of the crown. Yeeeeeesh.
And Gillian Anderson and Olivia Colman. What a treat to watch all of them. It’s probably not for everyone but if you appreciate truly fine acting I cannot recommend this season enough. Too bad theyll all be gone now lol

Old 12-18-2020, 02:04 PM   #32
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Yeeeeeesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
sheesh!
jeesh!

Old 12-18-2020, 02:36 PM   #33
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthurt View Post
Unsolved Mysteries

Old 12-24-2020, 01:41 AM   #34
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

started watching Titans on HBO. I am kind of sick of super hero tv and movies. But this show is not bad. Better in some ways than Arrow... and all the Arrow spin offs. Less campy... lots of PG13 language.

Old 12-24-2020, 05:54 PM   #35
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Please Like Me was good.

Old 12-26-2020, 07:25 PM   #36
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Wonder Woman 1984 - (mild Spoilers below)

i will put this in TV thread because It is on HBO

Watching this movie yesterday I learned that Wonder Woman is my neighbor. Back in 2018 they shot here in DC for several weeks. Lots of outdoor scenes in the movie use DC monuments as backdrops. And there's a lot of B roll from the downtown capital area. In the film Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) has posh condo at the Watergate. My building is next door/across the street from the Watergate. If i look all the way to the West out of my living room balcony I can see the spot where her Condo is in the film. I'm pretty sure of it because there are good views in the film looking out from her apartment, which has a view of the Potomac river. I know exactly where that should be... not quite sure which floor though.... but i can see it from here.

Bigger Spoilers below

The movie is entertaining and I liked it OK. In some ways more than the first one but in total not as much as the first one. The two criticisms i have of it are that there was no reason what so ever to bring Chris Pine back. It's tied into the plot, but it feels kind of silly. And he is obviously involved simply to be a box office draw... because misogyny. It has one villain too many. Pascal's character is the one that drives the plot and is just OK. Cheetah seems like a wasted villain. I would have rather seen a WW vs Cheetah main plot instead of using Kristen Wiig's character the way they did.

I did like the look and tone of the movie. Except for a fight scene at the end that looks like typical overly dark too much CGI DC Universe Movie fighting. They play up the 80s jokes and easter eggs a lot. And it does a good job looking and feeling like the 80s. Even the main plot feels like an 80s super hero movie plot. And it has a little bit of 80s music, including a club scene with Frankie Goes to Hollywood in the backround.

I would have liked to see this in theaters. I watched it from home.

Old 12-26-2020, 09:08 PM   #37
slunken
Virgo

I watched season 1 of Patriot of Amazon.

It was okay I guess. I haven't watched a TV series in a long time. I feel like there were some giant holes in the story but I suppose it was... i don't know... to further the story?

I guess it was nice watching it bvecause it frustrated me at times and made me uncomfortably laugh at times

I don't think I'm qualified to talk about TV anymore.

I spent the last 9 months watching King of the Hill reruns on shuffle.

Old 12-27-2020, 07:38 PM   #38
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

who's idea was it to launch a new version of The Stand during a worldwide pandemic?

The beginning episodes are about a virus that kills most of the world's population.

Old 01-03-2021, 06:45 PM   #39
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

This arrived today. Northern Exposure box set. It's the UK edition with all the original music. the US DVDs have an alternate soundtrack that deleted most of the original songs to avoid paying music rights. Because of the music rights issue it will probably never make it to a streaming platform.

Old 01-04-2021, 12:20 PM   #40
ovary
Ownz

northern exposure is maybe my favorite tv show ever. didn't know that bit about the music rights. i wish it would get picked up by some streaming service. i rarely meet any other millenials that have seen it

Old 01-04-2021, 02:32 PM   #41
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
northern exposure is maybe my favorite tv show ever. didn't know that bit about the music rights. i wish it would get picked up by some streaming service. i rarely meet any other millenials that have seen it
it's just barely too old for most Millenials.. and it didn't run in syndication like Friends and other 90s shows. Like with DVD release the creators of the show refused to replace the soundtrack for syndication.

I understand why.. there are a lot of little segue ways on the show that ******* the local radio station playing in the back round.

I don't know whether people today would find it as interesting as it was in 1990. The pacing is slow. And the soundtrack is often pretty obscure.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:37 PM   #42
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

My husband loves that show

I am also afflicted by the 90-day disease. As if Pillow Talk wasn’t already scraping the bottom of the barrel, now we have last season’s failures watching Pillow Talk...and I’m still watching! Ridiculous

I though Queen’s Gambit was compelling viewing but annoyingly light on chess. Felt like they dialed up the sex and dialed down the intelligence at any crossroads where they had a choice

Plus, it was sad how fictional it was. It felt like someone’s fantasy of what a woman could be - both sexy and good at chess! Amazing! Except that...apparently it has never happened, so then it just felt kind of pathetic

Old 01-04-2021, 04:02 PM   #43
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post

Plus, it was sad how fictional it was. It felt like someone’s fantasy of what a woman could be - both sexy and good at chess! Amazing! Except that...apparently it has never happened, so then it just felt kind of pathetic

Old 01-04-2021, 06:30 PM   #44
ovary
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
it's just barely too old for most Millenials.. and it didn't run in syndication like Friends and other 90s shows. Like with DVD release the creators of the show refused to replace the soundtrack for syndication.

I understand why.. there are a lot of little segue ways on the show that ******* the local radio station playing in the back round.

I don't know whether people today would find it as interesting as it was in 1990. The pacing is slow. And the soundtrack is often pretty obscure.
i think its pretty timeless. the writing is super smart and the characters are classic. one of my favorite scenes is the flashback to when chris lived iin the cave on his hands and knees grazing grass. and the main lady's bf getting hit by the satellite. lol. chris is the shit tho. so sexy

Old 01-04-2021, 07:10 PM   #45
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
i think its pretty timeless. the writing is super smart and the characters are classic. one of my favorite scenes is the flashback to when chris lived iin the cave on his hands and knees grazing grass. and the main lady's bf getting hit by the satellite. lol. chris is the shit tho. so sexy
i just watched the season one episode where everyone gets the flu. And there's a weird scene near the end that's some kind of nod to Twin Peaks.

the two shows premiered only a couple of months apart. I think it got criticized for or at least confused with Twin Peaks.

for some reason i could only find it on youtube in Hungarian.

Old 01-04-2021, 07:15 PM   #46
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i was happy a couple of years ago when i read it was going to be rebooted with some of the original cast. But it looks now like it's not happening