Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #151
Deadeyes
Apocalyptic Poster

It's the most pop Pumpkins ive ever heard, ever. Gona have to reserve judgement I think, but ive listend 20 times now and it's cringe-worthy pop sounding. Not what I expected The Smashing Pumpkins to come back with, it's more pop then anything even his solo record.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #152
SivaTristessa
Pledge

it isnt going to get any better than that. it sucks.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #153
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

By the time that piece of crap real player had downloaded people had already posted mp3 links! Thankyou to them...*takes deep breath*

Old 05-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #154
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

Definitly not what I was expecting....... I like it. Maybe the haters will finally get a life and find some other board that talks about music they actually like.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #155
kanph
Pledge

Quote:
And to you guys saying its just 30 seconds... its the FUCKING CHORUS. Its the most important part of many Pumpkins songs. Take this SHIT and compare it to Today, Cherub Rock, 1979, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, Stand Inside Your Love, Ava Adore... ITS TERRIBLE!
if you never heard cherub rock before and heard a 30 second clip of the chorus out of context you would think its stupid too. "who wants that honey, as long as theres some money." imagine the lyric bash fest that would be going on right now. wait to hear the whole song and the rest of the album.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #156
teamneedle
Ownz

I guess TODAY is cheesy to?

The song probably isn't even really about being there when somone is happy.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #157
BillyKicker
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSquishyHalo
This reminds me of when people freak out when their 'bands' become more 'radio' friendly and mainstream.

Billy is using tarantula to get new fans, then he will rock them out.
No respectable band tailors their music to 'get' new fans. If he was confident that his music could really 'burn the lies from the souls' of those who 'try to discount it' then he would BELIEVE IN HIS ART MAN! ART ART ART ART ART ART ART MAN!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT ART IS? IT IS NOT THIS BULLSHIT! IT IS NOT A BUSINESS! BILLY SHOULD BE CONTENT TO MAKE BEAUTIFUL AND MEANINGFUL ART AND FUCK HOW MANY FANS HE HAS. JUST KEEP DOING IT, KEEP BELIEVING IN SOMETHING AND MAKING BUT HE CAN'T HE IS A FUCKING MEDIA WHORE SALES JUNKIE WHO THINKS HE IS NOT AN ARTIST IF HE ISN'T BRINGING 230932 MILLION PEOPLE ALONG FOR THE $17.99 RIDE!

Old 05-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #158
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Grate
Holy freakin crap you guys are insanely dumb. Like, scary stupid. I'm embarrassed to be reading some of this crap.

THIRTY SECONDS OF A SONG. NOT EVEN CLOSE ENOUGH TO PASS JUDGMENT ON. SETTLE DOWN.

Oh. My. God.

Seriously, stop.

http://sithoughts.mu.nu/archives/trainwreck.jpg

Old 05-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #159
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

I dare someone to listen to Mayonaise and this clip back to back. Its like taking a freezing cold jar and immersing it in hot water. Not good.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #160
tomthum81
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehitscar
Definitly not what I was expecting....... I like it. Maybe the haters will finally get a life and find some other board that talks about music they actually like.
i don't think they're capable of liking music... i think they pretend

Old 05-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #161
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Ok now I really wish I hadn't listened to that...Biggest disappointment ever...

I was actually 100% more excited when I heard Honestly as a 30 second clip for the first time..

Old 05-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #162
Saylam
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono
if everyone in this thread says it doesn't sound like "the pumpkins" and it sounds like poppy sellout emo bullshit, then billy did the right thing and got himself a fucking hit again. it's not the 90's kids, BWBW would probably even fail to chart in this day and age. Let him do what it takes to push the album. i mean, how much did BWBW sound like today or cherub rock? not much at all really, and yet it went on to become a hit while going against the grain of his current body of work at that point.
to right man

I think this'll be a big hit

Old 05-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #163
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

How long till someone posts a Poll?

Old 05-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #164
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehitscar
Maybe the haters will finally get a life and find some other board that talks about music they actually like.

Doubtful, they will just complain for the next 7 months.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #165
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanph
if you never heard cherub rock before and heard a 30 second clip of the chorus out of context you would think its stupid too. "who wants that honey, as long as theres some money." imagine the lyric bash fest that would be going on right now. wait to hear the whole song and the rest of the album.
Cherub Rock doesn't have a cheesy synth undercurrent and horrid vocals, and the lyrics arent bad.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #166
BillyKicker
Ownz

there are only a few songs that would sound this stupid in 30 second clip, and none are by the smashing pumpkins except Blank.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #167
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbol21
The first time I heard mellon collie I thought it just sounded really weird. But, after the 3rd or 4th listen through the album I was blown away. I remember the reason why I doubted it at first was because of the way billy was singing. Man was I wrong . So, I know now that I cant judge this song until I hear the full version or maybe even the rest of the album. From what I can tell. It sounds alot likethe mellon collie era with different vocals from billy
Actually, I had the complete opposite experience. First time I listened to any song from Gish, Siamese Dream, MCIS, or Adore... I was blown away.

I am definitely not blown away by Tarantula. I'm disappointed, but I am not saying it's shit. If I thought it were shit, then I would say so. I just want to listen to the rest of the song, plus more tracks from the album.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #168
Sylvia Woods
Apocalyptic Poster

He's probably just using this to bring in all the the kids -the same with using myspace and these scene tributes - THEN he'll burn the lies and crush into dust

Old 05-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #169
spguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

"Today is the greatest day i've ever known"
What's worse about this song?
There's nothing wrong with a "single" to drive the record.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #170
xezton
Ownz

I was expecting a heavier guitar sound, like something more along the lines of Machina. This is light, airy, and poppy. Something the Pumpkins have done before, but in the past were able to make the heavy parts heavy and the light parts light ( Today comes to mind ). At least it's heavier *sounding* than Zwan. Thank GOD.

This sounds like they're definitely taking a step back into the gish/siamese dream sound, but bringing with them some of the new tricks they've put into MCIS, Adore and Machina. It's neat. Not what I expected, but hey, it's just 30 seconds of one song that is going to be played on the radio, so of course it's going to be the "Perfect", "Tonight, Tonight", and "Everlasting Gaze" of this album, while there are better songs to come (like the previous examples had several "better" tracks as well, that were much less approachable).

I'll buy it.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #171
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyKicker
there are only a few songs that would sound this stupid in 30 second clip, and none are by the smashing pumpkins except Blank.
what about 17?

Old 05-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #172
BillyKicker
Ownz

dude, we LOVED the smashing pumpkins. we care DEEPLY about music. if we didn't, we could drag ourselves away from this fucking TRAINWRECK of a 'band.' It's like cutting the heart out of us and I'm sorry it annoys you as you soak up every drop of bull that has been spewed over the last 2 years.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #173
Ramdust
Apocalyptic Poster

I do like the part where Billy 'bends' his vocal.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #174
BillyKicker
Ownz

Quote:
what about 17?
17 is both pretty and a piece of art.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #175
spguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
what about 17?
The Crying Tree Of Mercury

Old 05-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #176
tomthum81
Ownz

Quote:
what about zero?

Old 05-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #177
spguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Old 05-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #178
NarcisPrince
Pledge

Well, it's not bad. We can feel a bit of TFE in it but that's a good 30 sec overall.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #179
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

I think my disappointment was when I pressed play and it came belting out and my heart just dropped because I knew it wasn't James but someone else...I think I wouldn't of minded so much if he had reformed Zwan and released it..which is technically what it might as well be as Jimmy was in that as well..

Old 05-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #180
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

can anyone even tell what is being said in the first 16 seconds of this clip? it sounds like a song ozzy would have played in the 80's and that means it fucking rocks.