Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2018, 03:02 PM   #91
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

And the worst part about Bohemian Rhapsody karaoke is that typically it's a GROUP of people who get up to sing it, none of which can actually sing or even remotely know the words. Nine times out of 10 it's a fucking bachelorette party ("Oh my God Kristin they totes have Bulimian Rap City! Ya know the song where the guy sings about how Galileo was a poor boy and nobody loved him! We need to sing it!") or a bunch of drunk frat bro assholes ("DURRR MOM I FUCKIN' KILLED A MAN HAHAHAHA PUT A GUN AGAINST MY HEAD PULLED THE TRIGGER NOW YOU'RE ALL FUCKING DEAD HAHAHAHA DURRR").

Old 08-22-2018, 03:10 PM   #92
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
And the worst part about Bohemian Rhapsody karaoke is that typically it's a GROUP of people who get up to sing it, none of which can actually sing or even remotely know the words. Nine times out of 10 it's a fucking bachelorette party ("Oh my God Kristin they totes have Bulimian Rap City! Ya know the song where the guy sings about how Galileo was a poor boy and nobody loved him! We need to sing it!") or a bunch of drunk frat bro assholes ("DURRR MOM I FUCKIN' KILLED A MAN HAHAHAHA PUT A GUN AGAINST MY HEAD PULLED THE TRIGGER NOW YOU'RE ALL FUCKING DEAD HAHAHAHA DURRR").
Thanks.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:58 PM   #93
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

the only time I ever did karaoke in my life, I was really drunk and this woman who had heard me sing earlier aggressively insisted I do bohemian rhapsody with her. well it turns out freddy mercury and I do not really have a similar range, and I was super glad that we went after some wheezing nerd almost collapsed performing aerosmith's back in the saddle, cause it was bad. I made it to beelzebub had a devil put aside for me, for me, FOR MEEEEEEEEEE, and then I nailed that shrieking high note like a fucking hammer so loud and shrill that everyone literally spun around to see what the fuck was happening, at which point I walked off stage

gotta leave the audience hungry, ya know?

Old 08-22-2018, 10:36 PM   #94
Elphenor
Braindead

music sucks

Old 08-23-2018, 12:50 AM   #95
queenoftheswine
Demi-God

Location: Some area where the Canadian dollar is far more valuable than my own.

That horrible song by Pink about something something fire and also all of her other songs.

Old 08-23-2018, 02:03 AM   #96
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Yes. Pink has some excruciatingly horrible songs.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:23 AM   #97
Cool As Ice Cream

life oh life

Old 08-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #98
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Anything by Pink.

The Fray - How to Save a Life

Old 08-23-2018, 11:52 AM   #99
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

We all have a HUNGER

Old 08-23-2018, 12:16 PM   #100
FoolofaTook

Thumbs up

Quote:
this is a quality post. almost makes up for the 'best sp2 single" thread. almost.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:31 PM   #101
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
the only time I ever did karaoke in my life, I was really drunk and this woman who had heard me sing earlier aggressively insisted I do bohemian rhapsody with her. well it turns out freddy mercury and I do not really have a similar range, and I was super glad that we went after some wheezing nerd almost collapsed performing aerosmith's back in the saddle, cause it was bad. I made it to beelzebub had a devil put aside for me, for me, FOR MEEEEEEEEEE, and then I nailed that shrieking high note like a fucking hammer so loud and shrill that everyone literally spun around to see what the fuck was happening, at which point I walked off stage

gotta leave the audience hungry, ya know?
Haha that's pretty great. I actually do karaoke a lot; being a musical theatre geek and a singer, I actually enjoy it if the crowd is good. Admittedly, it's a massive ego boost for me to be the best singer at a karaoke bar. Though there's this one place I go occasionally that is frequented by other theatre types so there is often quite a bit of talent on display. That said, most karaoke nights feature the aforementioned frat bros and bachelorette parties doing awful renditions of the most played out songs ever written. And while that can be amusing at times, it's usually unbearable because they tend to either scream every line (off-key) or spend the whole time laughing at themselves and barely unable to get a word out.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:33 PM   #102
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
this is a quality post. almost makes up for the 'best sp2 single" thread. almost.
LOL, thank you. As for the other thread, I was seriously going to call it "Rank the SP2 Singles from Worst to Least Worst". "Best" isn't a word I would really use to describe anything SP2 related, even though I do like some of it.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:27 PM   #103
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad View Post

The Fray - How to Save a Life
oh yeah this shit gets annoying real quick

Old 08-23-2018, 05:29 PM   #104
Kahlo

Hey there Delilah

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home

Old 08-24-2018, 11:43 AM   #105
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Where the fuck are y'all still hearin' that Fray song, lol? Thought that shit died with the '00s

Old 08-25-2018, 01:57 PM   #106
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Oh fuck... Hey There Delilah. Yeah, just when you thought that atrocious song was gone for good, some GENIUS decided to turn it into a fucking TV show. I mean, what the hell?

Old 08-26-2018, 01:05 AM   #107
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 08-28-2018, 08:31 AM   #108
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

OMG good one. That Cars 4 Kids jingle makes me want to crash my car every time I hear it on the radio. John Oliver had a field day making fun of that thing a while back.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:57 AM   #109
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Today and Bullet With Butterfly Wings, duh.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:58 AM   #110
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
filter "take a picture" plays every 2 hours at my work. make it stoppppp
HEYYY DAAADD WHADDYA THINK ABOUT YER SON NOOOWW???

Old 09-03-2018, 08:58 AM   #111
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

*takes shirt off and dives into ocean*

Old 09-03-2018, 09:04 AM   #112
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
a couple of days ago i was hobbling around the hospital where my parents work when the lotr theme song emanated from the speakers

i lolled.
https://media.tenor.com/images/ff104...664c/tenor.gif

Old 09-03-2018, 09:04 AM   #113
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvase View Post
"smooth" is a great nomination as it's probably the most annoying song of all time. 90% of my anger in life is directly related to that song and how much it was played especially when it first came out. Mambo #5 too. I'm pissed I even have to type it out.

About the time I fell in love with the music that influenced me heavily as a youth, Napster happened coinciding with the rise of teeny bopper bullshit, TRL, the rapid decline of rock music, etc.

I'll never get over this nor forgive the music industry for taking a giant shit on my youth. I could list shitty songs all day on here.
Did The Last Jedi ruin your childhood as well?

Old 09-03-2018, 09:08 AM   #114
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
I will never, for the life of me, understand why anyone in their right mind every liked Harvey Danger. What an absolute shit joke of a band.
I don't expect to convert anyone, but here's a couple of tracks I think justify their existence. They made some pretty good alt-rock centered around depression and mental illness.

For my next installment, I extol the virtues of CAKE. Stay tuned!

Old 09-03-2018, 09:09 AM   #115
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
oh yeah this shit gets annoying real quick
Where did I go wrong?

Old 09-03-2018, 09:09 AM   #116
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
Where the fuck are y'all still hearin' that Fray song, lol? Thought that shit died with the '00s
You'll have to forgive Elph, as he's balls deep in another Grey's Anatomy binge.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:08 PM   #117
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

I heard 3 Doors Down yesterday when I was at the grocery store. Their music was always shitty, but when they played Trump's inauguration, the world should have been mindwiped Men in Black-style from ever remembering they existed. Fuck those rednecks forever.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:18 PM   #118
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

if i play DONNY's party will YOU still call me SUPAMAN?

Old 10-29-2018, 07:28 PM   #119
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Make Three Doors Down Great Again

Old 10-29-2018, 11:36 PM   #120
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Feel It Still by Portugal the Man should be banished to the deepest recesses of hell for all eternity. Fuck that song and all 20 commercials it's in.