Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2019, 12:53 AM   #151
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
man when did i get 30,000 posts, someone needs to take me out back and shoot me
more like take you to Ruth's Chris for a celebratory steak dinner

that's what i'll be doing for my 10k, at least

Old 08-22-2019, 01:02 AM   #152
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
tbh paranoid, your corgan homerism as of late has been more insufferable than anything fuzzy has said. "omggg the tour is soooo good corgan sounds still like shit and jeff is still boring, shut up and take my money!"
See, now you’re being dramatic. I’m just being honest, I dig the tour. Corgan’s voice has sounded better and Jeff is still useless. Whoop dee fucking do.

You kind of turned me off from seeing you as a rational person when you said Corgan was being over dramatic about his suicide attempts. That’s just straight up being a prick.

Btw clay messaged me once going on some rant about how you front hating Corgan but travelled halfway across the country and cried when you met him. This is when we were all raining fire down on the guy (yeah he reads the board lol). Don’t care if that’s true but that’s what the guy has to say about you and I loled. But I just wonder sometimes if the hate towards the band is phony on this board lately and you and fuzzy are the probably the worst offenders of that. Fuzzy is anyway.

But I appreciate real hate. Kahlo’s always been good and genuine at that, for example.

Last edited by paranoid : 08-22-2019 at 01:17 AM.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:04 AM   #153
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Cortana ?

Old 08-22-2019, 01:24 AM   #154
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
Cortana ?
Carona?

Old 08-22-2019, 01:30 AM   #155
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

que pasa contigo!

Old 08-22-2019, 01:36 AM   #156
paranoid
Minion of Satan

No lo se

Old 08-22-2019, 01:39 AM   #157
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
See, now you’re being dramatic. I’m just being honest, I dig the tour. Corgan’s voice has sounded better and Jeff is still useless. Whoop dee fucking do.

You kind of turned me off from seeing you as a rational person when you said Corgan was being over dramatic about his suicide attempts. That’s just straight up being a prick.

Btw clay messaged me once going on some rant about how you front hating Corgan but travelled halfway across the country and cried when you met him. This is when we were all raining fire down on the guy (yeah he reads the board lol). Don’t care if that’s true but that’s what the guy has to say about you and I loled. But I just wonder sometimes if the hate towards the band is phony on this board lately and you and fuzzy are the probably the worst offenders of that. Fuzzy is anyway.

But I appreciate real hate. Kahlo’s always been good and genuine at that, for example.
That's fine if you think that, but I still think Billy was saying that stuff to be dramatic and make for a good story in interviews. I'm sure he felt pressure to come up with a big album at the time and had some depression. But I don't think he was ever going to kill himself. People who do don't talk about it and romanticize it. My brother got up one morning, drove somewhere, and killed himself. It's an impulsive decision and I don't think Billy is an impulsive person at all except when emailing Devi Ever.

And lol what is CT smoking. That's insane. Yeah I've met Billy and he was cool but no tears were shed and there was no fawning or fanboying out at all. Hahaha. I'll say crazy shit about Corgan just to gaslight CT, but I'm being sincere when I say I think the band kind of sucks now and I've been unimpressed with all the recent work and tours.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:48 AM   #158
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
That's fine if you think that, but I still think Billy was saying that stuff to be dramatic and make for a good story in interviews. I'm sure he felt pressure to come up with a big album at the time and had some depression. But I don't think he was ever going to kill himself. People who do don't talk about it and romanticize it. My brother got up one morning, drove somewhere, and killed himself. It's an impulsive decision and I don't think Billy is an impulsive person at all except when emailing Devi Ever.

And lol what is CT smoking. That's insane. Yeah I've met Billy and he was cool but no tears were shed and there was no fawning or fanboying out at all. Hahaha. I'll say crazy shit about Corgan just to gaslight CT, but I'm being sincere when I say I think the band kind of sucks now and I've been unimpressed with all the recent work and tours.
See I have a problem with that, it’s ignorant and presumptuous. You don’t know the guy, and basically accuse him of making up suicide stories in order to sell records? C’mon dude. He can be diabolical but that is a huge stretch. He’s been honest about his mental health struggles and a lot of people have found solace in that.

Suicide is different for everyone, as is depression. For some it’s an impulse, for some it’s a long drawn out plan. I’ve had friends succeed at planning out a suicide and going through with it. I’m not trying to trivialize your brothers death by any means, and I’m sorry about how horrifying and tragic that loss is, but it’s not fair to compare someone else’s suicidality to our own experiences with it. Mental health is not something we should accuse ANYONE of romanticizing.

I believe him when he says he was suicidal in the 2010-2012 zone.. dude was off his rocker then and that had been building up for years. I’m happy he survived.. he seems to have reached a point of peace in his life past few years and having been a fan for years, especially through the incredibly rough parts, it’s nice to see.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:50 AM   #159
paranoid
Minion of Satan

And good, you dislike the band and tours. Don’t get irritated at those that do. I don’t get irritated that don’t like it unless the criticisms are profoundly stupid/obvious trolls, which is fuzzy.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:54 AM   #160
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

C'mon bruh, Knights of Malta ain't that good

Old 08-22-2019, 02:06 AM   #161
paranoid
Minion of Satan

It ain’t that bad either. Well at least the latest live renditions of it.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:17 AM   #162
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I have no problem editing fuzzy into fuzzy threads (like this one) when he goes crazy but he mostly stopped posting political bullshit and yes, posting inane shit is not a good reason to ban someone when people can ignore and plenty of other people shitpost all the time.
as long as threads like this can exist as a dumping ground where we can all spread our ass cheeks and diarrhea against the walls, it's a fair compromise.

shit, when did I get to 10,000?

Old 08-22-2019, 04:25 AM   #163
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
And u perpetuate the cycle by engaging
lol "just ignore him"

Fuzzyroes' whole game is make you pay attention to him -and he doesn't stop until you do. Because that's when he "wins". Not to mention he identifies it as some kind of Jordan B Peterson-esque "MAN WIN". It's nothing but a complicated way of saying "I'm not wrong, everyone else is".

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
as long as threads like this can exist as a dumping ground where we can all spread our ass cheeks and diarrhea against the walls, it's a fair compromise.
Why can't this thread be on the gen board then?

Last edited by Funbags : 08-22-2019 at 04:34 AM.

Old 08-22-2019, 05:03 AM   #164
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
then where else can we tell fuzzy to do society a favor and throw himself off a bridge.

Stomp out Nazis and misogynists.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:09 AM   #165
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Leave it to T&T to suggest suicide to someone right after that's being discussed, and after expressing his desire that another boarder should die in a gas chamber.
Dude, you are how old now? Do we need to have the conversation how suicide and death wishes are simply not okay twice a year? It's really fantastic that you stopped expressing your desire that Corgan offs himself, but you don't need to do it about another boarder either. Just fucking stop already.

Edit: Let me rephrase: please don't do this. I realize this is the place where all sorts of shit flies, and always has. But every time I read "kill yourself" and other phrases in that direction, it opens the drawer of suicide in my head. I've lost several people including a family member to it, I'll never be able to read something like this and be fine with it. Which is my problem and not yours, but I'm asking you to cut that out. Is that possible?

Last edited by pavementtune : 08-22-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:56 AM   #166
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Red face

Quote:
lol "just ignore him"

Fuzzyroes' whole game is make you pay attention to him -and he doesn't stop until you do. Because that's when he "wins". Not to mention he identifies it as some kind of Jordan B Peterson-esque "MAN WIN". It's nothing but a complicated way of saying "I'm not wrong, everyone else is".

Cos then there’d be no access for Fuzzy “Chief Diarhea himself” Roses!

Old 08-22-2019, 08:45 AM   #167
Kahlo

Unhappy

Quote:
Excuse me, I may need some time out to re-evaluate my life.

just kidding viva hate you dumb cunts

Old 08-22-2019, 08:42 PM   #168
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I gotta agree with you. Looking back now, I think a lot of Billy's persona was probably at least a little overblown and sensationalized. The guy seems far too narcissistic to go through with suicide, but of course this is all pointless speculation, but you kinda see now in the social media age how his persona and his natural personality traits don't mesh with the other. I realize this is an insensitive topic, but one has to remember that Billy has willingly and continuously shared all of this with the media, so I think it's fair game for discussion.

Sorry to hear about your bro though man

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 08-22-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:01 PM   #169
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I gotta agree with you. Looking back now, I think a lot of Billy's persona was probably at least a little overblown and sensationalized. The guy seems far too narcissistic to go through with suicide, but of course this is all pointless speculation, but you kinda see now in the social media age how his persona and his natural personality traits don't mesh with the other. I realize this is an insensitive topic, but one has to remember that Billy has willingly and continuously shared all of this with the media, so I think it's fair game for discussion.

Sorry to hear about your bro though man
Insensitive huh?

Fucking idiot.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:33 PM   #170
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Insensitive huh?

Fucking idiot.
Go back to Sad Machines, your kind isn't wanted here.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:00 AM   #171
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

we have no idea if corgan was just saying shit for attention but i fucking doubt it, furthermore i'm not the kind of asshole who contradicts how someone expresses they are feeling. was he actually close to killing himself? i don't know, he doesn't say anything that makes me think he was actually planning. but then again he can't win with you guys. he says he is and he's exaggerating, or he doesn't and you wonder how bad it could really have been

stop gatekeeping suicidal ideation

and btw people with npd (if he even has it) also commit suicide

here's some interesting tidbits:

Quote:
The modest body of existing research suggests that NPD is protective against non-fatal suicide attempts, but is associated with high lethality attempts.

NPD is associated with greater risk of suicide death when compared to other personality disorders

A study of adolescents found that NPD was not related to suicidal behavior [reprise note, this means it doesn't make it more or less likely]
their conclusion:

Quote:
In summary, existing research suggests that NPD is associated with greater risk of suicide death and of highly lethal suicide attempts, but NPD is either not associated or moderately protective against lower lethality, non-fatal attempts.
so they attempt less often but when they attempt they are more successful, and the rate overall (of successful completion) is increased vs the general population (although the evidence for the last part is mixed)

glad we cleared that up

Last edited by reprise85 : 08-23-2019 at 12:31 AM.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:15 AM   #172
paranoid
Minion of Satan

I mean I thought this was basic knowledge, but jfc, guess not.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:17 AM   #173
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I could care less if I’m wanted here or not, but you clearly care if you’re wanted here and it’s pretty obvious you’re not.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:11 AM   #174
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Your kind isn't wanted anywhere.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:41 AM   #175
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Well this thread has taken me back to like 2006 in terms of the drama to pumpkins ratio

Not being a genboarder I still have no idea what any of you are mad about...

Cheers to the few people still here casually

Old 08-23-2019, 06:56 AM   #176
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Your kind isn't wanted anywhere.
Man, go through your post history. You never create any dialogue at all, you never start any discussion, it's just whining or simpleton one liners reestablishing what someone else in a thread has already said.

I realize I've posted a lot of stupid shit over the years, that's fine for you to point out. But I have a test for you, if you genuinely care about the health and activity taking place on Netphoria, POST SOME ORIGINAL CONTENT, START SOME THREADS WITH ORIGINAL ANALYSIS. All you do is bitch and critique others like me and Corgans Bluff but you do fuck all to contribute yourself.

I'm unclear at this point whether you're a troll or not so I'm not gonna gripe with you any longer, but honestly man, if you're such a hardcore fan who cares about this community, come up with something interesting to talk about...It's not rocket science

Old 08-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #177
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Leave it to T&T to suggest suicide to someone right after that's being discussed, and after expressing his desire that another boarder should die in a gas chamber.
Dude, you are how old now? Do we need to have the conversation how suicide and death wishes are simply not okay twice a year? It's really fantastic that you stopped expressing your desire that Corgan offs himself, but you don't need to do it about another boarder either. Just fucking stop already.

Edit: Let me rephrase: please don't do this. I realize this is the place where all sorts of shit flies, and always has. But every time I read "kill yourself" and other phrases in that direction, it opens the drawer of suicide in my head. I've lost several people including a family member to it, I'll never be able to read something like this and be fine with it. Which is my problem and not yours, but I'm asking you to cut that out. Is that possible?
you're such a fucking NARK.

Clearly "go kill yourself" & "take him out to pasture" is with respect to banning him. You won't put up with the imbecile on the gen board, why do we have to tolerate him here? Go be the nark that you are and just ban him for his own good. Quit being surprised that a special assigned threads for inanities brings out some vitriol. NARK.

Thanks for the permission to discuss SP related topics.
"if I were dead, would my records sell" [your thread has been removed by a moderator]
"Die, the song" [your thread has been removed by a moderator]
"Is Billy responsible for Melvois death?" [your thread has been removed by a moderator]
"Suicide Kiss = Geek USA" [your thread has been removed by a moderator]
"the thought that Billy Corgan Reveals How Jesus Helped Him Avoid Suicide makes me puke" [your thread has been removed by a moderator]

Falco drove his bike into a bus on purpose. Courtney killed Kurt.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:23 AM   #178
paranoid
Minion of Satan

it wasn’t that clear and yeah the go kill yourself is offensive regardless of “what you really meant.”

Otherwise I agree with the rest. Banning seems like a no go but sheesh moderation is needed with him. If I were a mod I’d not want to bother with the work load, but in a way I guess that makes us more moral than sad machines, whom bans over an minor sleight aimed at the bald lord.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:29 AM   #179
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
you're such a fucking NARK.

Clearly "go kill yourself" & "take him out to pasture" is with respect to banning him. You won't put up with the imbecile on the gen board, why do we have to tolerate him here? Go be the nark that you are and just ban him for his own good. Quit being surprised that a special assigned threads for inanities brings out some vitriol. NARK.

Thanks for the permission to discuss SP related topics.
"if I were dead, would my records sell" [your thread has been removed by a moderator]
"Die, the song" [your thread has been removed by a moderator]
"Is Billy responsible for Melvois death?" [your thread has been removed by a moderator]
"Suicide Kiss = Geek USA" [your thread has been removed by a moderator]
"the thought that Billy Corgan Reveals How Jesus Helped Him Avoid Suicide makes me puke" [your thread has been removed by a moderator]

Falco drove his bike into a bus on purpose. Courtney killed Kurt.
wow. guess we should stop requesting things from you the nice way.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:31 AM   #180
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

also you're dumb, she posts on the SP board way more than on the general board.