Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2019, 03:40 AM   #31
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Can the mods just please fucking BAN FUZZYROES already.

If you're friends with him, take it off Netphoria and leave us alone. We don't want him around.

Old 08-18-2019, 03:43 AM   #32
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Can the mods just please fucking BAN FUZZYROES already.

If you're friends with him, take it off Netphoria and leave us alone. We don't want him around.
Seconded.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:17 AM   #33
Kahlo

A lot of tension in here. Paranoid and Fuzzy just fuck and get it over with.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:58 AM   #34
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

seconded

Old 08-18-2019, 07:02 AM   #35
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
A lot of tension in here. Paranoid and Fuzzy just fuck and get it over with.
It's not tension. There's nothing to diffuse. Ban Fuzzyroes.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:13 AM   #36
fuzzyroes
Banned

heh alright, alright. I got a little carried away with this one. I was just having a laugh to piss off Paranoid, even I have to admit I went a little too far with the skullet shit lmao.

I do think Jim got a hair transplant though

Old 08-18-2019, 07:42 AM   #37
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
heh alright, alright. I got a little carried away with this one. I was just having a laugh to piss off Paranoid, even I have to admit I went a little too far with the skullet shit lmao.

I do think Jim got a hair transplant though
Your non-apology means shit dude. Just fuck off.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:45 AM   #38
trev
charm

can we take all the off topic setlist discussion out of this JC's hair thread?

Old 08-18-2019, 08:00 AM   #39
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Your non-apology means shit dude. Just fuck off.
You're just mad that I pointed out something that might be looked at unfavorably by some about the sacred cow of the entire SP fan community.

"Thou shalt not criticize Jimmy"

Old 08-18-2019, 08:02 AM   #40
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev View Post
can we take all the off topic setlist discussion out of this JC's hair thread?
haha

Old 08-18-2019, 08:04 AM   #41
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
You're just mad that I pointed out something that might be looked at unfavorably by some about the sacred cow of the entire SP fan community.

"Thou shalt not criticize Jimmy"
I don't care about whatever idiotic topic you've chosen this time.

You are the problem.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:09 AM   #42
fuzzyroes
Banned

stop being so dramatic

Old 08-18-2019, 08:11 AM   #43
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Fuck. Off.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:17 AM   #44
fuzzyroes
Banned

This is my thread now, be gone, peasant.

And that's the last word between us

Old 08-18-2019, 09:14 AM   #45
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
This is my thread now, be gone, peasant.
See what not banning this person does?

The fact this is a Smashing Pumpkins message board means nothing to him. He simply uses our discussions as a platform for his own attention seeking behavior. It's fucking up the message board.

Just ban him if he won't fuck off. He's not our responsibility. Just kick him out.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:36 AM   #46
Kahlo

Talking

Quote:
Just ban him if he won't fuck off. He's not our responsibility. Just kick him out.
Dear Mods, oh benevolent sweet mods, wise rulers of Netphoria, hear my cry!

Please Ban Funbags for daring to give you orders.

Your obsequious servant

Kahlo

Old 08-18-2019, 10:02 AM   #47
FoolofaTook

Old 08-18-2019, 10:13 AM   #48
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

we're gearing up for a good ol' fashiond bloodbox... fuck... blood ban FUCK blood BATH aaaahahahah... BLOOPER reel!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2019, 11:06 PM   #49
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
Dear Mods, oh benevolent sweet mods, wise rulers of Netphoria, hear my cry!

Please Ban Funbags for daring to give you orders.

Your obsequious servant

Kahlo
You're not going to diffuse this with humor. If you're friends with this person, we don't want your friend around. Go be friends outside Netphoria.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:15 PM   #50
fuzzyroes
Banned

While we're all airing our grievances in here, I have a little bone to pick with you as well.

You might wanna change your avatar, buddy. I don't know what exactly it is you're trying to pull with the user name "Funbags" and then displaying a pretty photo of Darcy's face below the name, but it's in awfully bad taste. If you wanna post your "edgy" sexist humor, you can take your juvenile behavior to 8chan or somewhere else but knock it the hell off here.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:20 PM   #51
Ram27
dumb

So on thursday night Corgan I guess....saw my shirt definitely; no way he didn't. He definitely avoided throwing picks in my direction which was v sweet

Jimbo waved to me as he was walking to the synth before Disarm because he's the best guy ever

Old 08-18-2019, 11:31 PM   #52
fuzzyroes
Banned

I think you're probably right. I've noticed in person that Billy is often watching and very cognizant of how the audience is reacting whereas you see other artists that aren't eve looking out or paying any attention at all.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:55 PM   #53
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
While we're all airing our grievances in here, I have a little bone to pick with you as well.

You might wanna change your avatar, buddy. I don't know what exactly it is you're trying to pull with the user name "Funbags" and then displaying a pretty photo of Darcy's face below the name, but it's in awfully bad taste. If you wanna post your "edgy" sexist humor, you can take your juvenile behavior to 8chan or somewhere else but knock it the hell off here.
My avatar and username are actually unrelated, but if you've made that connection, then it's easy to change. I've changed it already.

See, that's how you take constructive criticism. For you however, I think it's time you left and found some other people to annoy. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:17 AM   #54
redbreegull

this is like the dozenth time fuzzy has brought up someone he suspects of losing their hair. are you worried about your locks, fuzzy?

Old 08-19-2019, 12:45 AM   #55
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
Mods can we please find a way to get fuzzy to STOP hijacking these threads with his incredibly stupid fucking shit? Jesus Christ.

Back on topic with the whole varied set lists— on the 2007 tour they did a 3 night run in Boston, I went to the first 2 nights.

Night 1 they open with rocket, which they had played a few times that tour, then went through the typical zeitgeist set of that time.

Then night 2 they open with motherfucking where boys fear to tread, and then throw let me give the world in the encore. First time for both song, and those two surprises were incredibly exciting.
Hey, I went to nights two & three. Night two was probably the best Pumpkins 2 show I've seen. The third encore Cherub Rock was amazing. They were feeling it.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:04 AM   #56
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
So on thursday night Corgan I guess....saw my shirt definitely; no way he didn't.
Man, this you making a shirt thing is pure 24k gold. I love it. This is the kind of reason why I come back to this site after nearly 20 years of faithful attendance.

Got any photos of this thing?

And the lack of setlist variation is indeed a drag. On the last tour with all of the videos, visuals, 3 hour sets, arenas... I get it. That made more sense. As he told D'Arcy, that wasn't a little rinky dink thing.

But this one? Smaller venues. Shorter setlist. Why not mix it up night to night? These guys wrote these damn songs. They should be able to flip them around and pull out a winner. I'm going to the last night of the tour up in San Francisco and I'm purposely avoiding setlists because I want there to be SOME degree of surprise. Sadly, I think that thru WPC's Instagram, I've already had the real "surprise" song spoiled. Prove me wrong, but if they're only playing 90 minute sets (with no encore...?) once you blow through all of the hits that we all just heard on the last tour, there's just not a lot of real estate left.

It's just funny - because not to compare, but to compare - bands like Pearl Jam do wholly different sets night after night after night. It just comes across as a mix of lazy or narcissistic (we can't be seen making a mistake anywhere in the YouTube age... I can hear an Instagram reply now) to me.

What I think isn't an insane concept - why not do ONE unique song each night of the tour? Open with something different or close with something different each and every night so that gives each date a little something special. With an insanely huge catalog, that would be really damn fun to track on here and share videos of, etc. "Whoa! Can you believe they pulled out Slunk last night?!" type stuff.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:42 AM   #57
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
Hey, I went to nights two & three. Night two was probably the best Pumpkins 2 show I've seen. The third encore Cherub Rock was amazing. They were feeling it.
It was an incredible night.. the crowd was great, and the band was in a great mood.

I’ve often seen Boston shows go really well for SP.

Also, it’s really rich fuzzy is accusing funbags of sexism when I’ve seen him make some really lewd and creepy remarks about women on this board.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:05 AM   #58
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
this is like the dozenth time fuzzy has brought up someone he suspects of losing their hair. are you worried about your locks, fuzzy?
Well, I think it's something that every man pays attention to to some extent, but nah, not really. There's just a lot of 90's rockers getting hair-plugs these days

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 08-19-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:09 AM   #59
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
Man, this you making a shirt thing is pure 24k gold. I love it. This is the kind of reason why I come back to this site after nearly 20 years of faithful attendance.

Got any photos of this thing?

And the lack of setlist variation is indeed a drag. On the last tour with all of the videos, visuals, 3 hour sets, arenas... I get it. That made more sense. As he told D'Arcy, that wasn't a little rinky dink thing.

But this one? Smaller venues. Shorter setlist. Why not mix it up night to night? These guys wrote these damn songs. They should be able to flip them around and pull out a winner. I'm going to the last night of the tour up in San Francisco and I'm purposely avoiding setlists because I want there to be SOME degree of surprise. Sadly, I think that thru WPC's Instagram, I've already had the real "surprise" song spoiled. Prove me wrong, but if they're only playing 90 minute sets (with no encore...?) once you blow through all of the hits that we all just heard on the last tour, there's just not a lot of real estate left.

It's just funny - because not to compare, but to compare - bands like Pearl Jam do wholly different sets night after night after night. It just comes across as a mix of lazy or narcissistic (we can't be seen making a mistake anywhere in the YouTube age... I can hear an Instagram reply now) to me.

What I think isn't an insane concept - why not do ONE unique song each night of the tour? Open with something different or close with something different each and every night so that gives each date a little something special. With an insanely huge catalog, that would be really damn fun to track on here and share videos of, etc. "Whoa! Can you believe they pulled out Slunk last night?!" type stuff.
I completely agree. Not very many bands out there do the same set-list night after night. One would have to imagine that it can get a little complacent for the musicians themselves.

It's kind of odd when you think about it, The Smashing Pumpkins are headlining huge venues and they're not playing even ONE non-hit from Mellon Collie or Siamese Dream.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:11 AM   #60
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
My avatar and username are actually unrelated, but if you've made that connection, then it's easy to change. I've changed it already.

See, that's how you take constructive criticism. For you however, I think it's time you left and found some other people to annoy. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
lol relax man, I'm just fucking with you. The new avatar is way worse