Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-23-2019, 01:30 AM   #3721
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

So why are you posting and not raging it up?

Old 02-23-2019, 01:33 AM   #3722
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Bees are in trouble I hear. My dad blames America and says they have poisoned all New Zealand bees with their horrible bee diseases because it is a terrible evil country full of greedy capitalists

Greedy capitalists and diseased bees

A sad state of affairs indeed
Nah, latest from the bee news desk is there’s too many as everyone wants the Manuka honey so the bees are competing against one another for bee supremacy. Not enough food = bee hunger games.

Old 02-23-2019, 01:34 AM   #3723
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
So why are you posting and not raging it up?
Because I'm an introvert and can only do social shit for so long before retreating back to my phone.

Still happy and enjoying myself, though. I just can't sustain this shit without a break.

Old 02-23-2019, 05:30 PM   #3724
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post

Still happy and enjoying myself, though.
beer glass shatters through involuntarily clenched fingers

Old 02-23-2019, 10:20 PM   #3725
ovary
Ownz

Quote:
Still happy and enjoying myself, though.
toilet seat trembles as introvert lingers

Old 02-24-2019, 12:53 AM   #3726
Disco King
Minion of Satan

So, during my pub crawl, we ended up running into some other people I know. There was this woman whose number I got at an art event, and with whom I had drinks earlier that week. She was with a couple of friends, one of whom I met when we previously got drinks.

I invited them along for the crawl, and they said that they'd meet us at whatever pub we ended up at next. However, our group decided to hit up this one attendee's apartment to do some MDMA instead.

I wanted to invite the other girls to the apartment, but this one girl in our party insisted against it. She said she had met one of the other girls previously, and was "annoyed" by her. I had the sneaking suspicion that, being one of two girls in our group, she wanted the attention on herself and didn't want to have "competition." Of course, I didn't say that, because that is probably a bad, sexist thing to think.

When we went back to the apartment, and I asked her what was so bad about those other girls, she admitted without my prompting that she just didn't want the competition. "If they came, I'd be the ugliest girl here!" [Note that she isn't ugly at all.]

Was a bit vindicating to have my suspicions confirmed, but I did feel annoyed and resentful, especially when everybody else was cuddling. Especially because I was the only one who the MDMA didn't really hit. I got no cuddly emotions at all. If I brought those other girls around, it would at least fix our 5:2 guy:girl ratio, and they probably would have been down for getting cozy, too. Even though the MDMA did nothing for me, I'd probably still play along. A few guys were cuddling that one girl who didn't want the other girls to join, but I didn't feel like it, because I didn't want to reward her insecure behaviour.

Oh well, I guess I got some tongue, anyway. Another one of the guys, who is bi, asked me to kiss him, and I said, "why the hell not?"

Working on a gay-ray that will turn me gay because I feel like attaining affection would be 100000x easier if I were gay. It just seems so much simpler. Like point-and-shoot. Or plug-and-play. Stupid heterosexuality.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:10 AM   #3727
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Thumbs up

Quote:
A few guys were cuddling that one girl who didn't want the other girls to join, but I didn't feel like it, because I didn't want to reward her insecure behaviour.
nice

Old 02-24-2019, 02:17 PM   #3728
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:

Working on a gay-ray that will turn me gay because I feel like attaining affection would be 100000x easier if I were gay. It just seems so much simpler. Like point-and-shoot. Or plug-and-play. Stupid heterosexuality.
I know you're just lamenting your own situation, and this is a popular way to do it, but (generally) this is severely untrue. Just a friendly neighborhood reminder.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:00 PM   #3729
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I'll take annoying things straight people say for 200.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:32 PM   #3730
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I know you're just lamenting your own situation, and this is a popular way to do it, but (generally) this is severely untrue. Just a friendly neighborhood reminder.
I was being facetious, but I hope I didn't come across as undermining the struggles and hardships LGBT people face by making it sound like being LGBT, in our society, would somehow be easier than being straight. I wasn't talking about the overall experience of rights and privileges, I was speaking only about the ease of attaining partners for gay men, specifically.

Statistics have shown that gay men tend to have more partners than any other group. The disparity between the number of partners gay men have and the number of partners the general population has is no longer as large as it was in the '70s and '80s, but it's still quite significant.

And I am talking specifically about gay men. Gay women have fewer partners, on average, than the general population.

Anecdotal stuff from listening to the lived experience of my LGBT acquaintances seems to correlate with this.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:16 PM   #3731
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I'll take annoying things straight people say for 200.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:31 PM   #3732
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I mean if all you're wanting is a booty call, guess that is easier for gay men. But I've seen plenty of heartbreak, abuse, and lack of committed faithful relationships. I don't think a lot people enjoy that. Nothing is easy just because of the conditions...I think some people are just luckier in love no matter who they are looking for.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:35 PM   #3733
slunken
Virgo

lol u girls

hope yr having fun on netphoria

Old 02-24-2019, 08:59 PM   #3734
redbreegull

Quote:
Data on this always makes me scratch my head because I have seen results from studies that show average sex partner number in the US being as high as 10-15

Old 02-24-2019, 09:00 PM   #3735
redbreegull

it's also interesting because sex can be defined so differently, and once you add in people of different orientations choosing how to define sex based on the interaction of different body parts, I just wonder what kind of data we are actually looking at

Old 02-24-2019, 09:17 PM   #3736
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
lol u girls

hope yr having fun on netphoria
It's the place I love to hate, but this thread in particular has become the bachelor's club. So I will continue to loudly scream my viewpoint to the crowd where no one know, no one care.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:20 PM   #3737
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Also I feel like those numbers are horribly low because on that graph I would be off the charts and that seems wrong. I did have quite a phase, though. But so do many people!

Old 02-24-2019, 09:23 PM   #3738
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
it's also interesting because sex can be defined so differently, and once you add in people of different orientations choosing how to define sex based on the interaction of different body parts, I just wonder what kind of data we are actually looking at
I think the surveys would just leave it up to the individual to decide what "sex" is, and simply ask them "how many times have you had sex," rather than having the researcher try to define what sex should be for everyone, and asking "how many times have you engaged in [specific list of acts that the researcher defined as sex]."

Similar methods are used for a lot of surveys. For example, when we poll people on their political orientation, we just ask them "how liberal or conservative are you," rather than asking them their stances on a bunch of policies, and deciding based on that what they are.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:27 PM   #3739
ilikeplanets
Braindead

It's all probably skewed by lies, too

Old 02-24-2019, 09:29 PM   #3740
FoolofaTook

everything is skewed by lies

fuck

Old 02-24-2019, 09:30 PM   #3741
FoolofaTook

Old 02-24-2019, 09:31 PM   #3742
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I remember that meme

Old 02-24-2019, 09:33 PM   #3743
redbreegull

Quote:
I think the surveys would just leave it up to the individual to decide what "sex" is, and simply ask them "how many times have you had sex," rather than having the researcher try to define what sex should be for everyone, and asking "how many times have you engaged in [specific list of acts that the researcher defined as sex]."

Similar methods are used for a lot of surveys. For example, when we poll people on their political orientation, we just ask them "how liberal or conservative are you," rather than asking them their stances on a bunch of policies, and deciding based on that what they are.
yes, these reasons are basically why I am not sure we are looking at any kind of cogent or meaningful data.

Old 02-24-2019, 10:18 PM   #3744
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I think asking people about sex, however they define it, is probably more meaningful than trying to operationalize it and divorce the definition of "sex" from what the people engaging in the acts construe it has.

In fact, it's probably even less fraught with issues of validity than using the same method for political orientation. There are people who aren't informed enough to properly place themselves on a left-right axis, who simply don't know what the terms mean. But if somebody thinks they've had sex, they've probably had sex.

Old 02-24-2019, 10:23 PM   #3745
Elphenor
Braindead

thing is

women are not like

that different from men, you actin like you have to court an alien species or somethin man

Old 02-25-2019, 12:30 AM   #3746
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
But if somebody thinks they've had sex, they've probably had sex.
If you're fucking, then you're probably fucking.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:43 AM   #3747
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

swing it around, boooooooys

Old 02-25-2019, 01:15 AM   #3748
Alice
Minion of Satan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
If you're fucking, then you're probably fucking.
Nope, not even close. That's making a pie.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:29 AM   #3749
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Red face

Quote:
Brazil must be so incredibly different than whatever country that graphic is based on, cause all numbers seem insane to me.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:37 AM   #3750
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

must be Iran