Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #31
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Billy and D’Arcy

Their relationship always baffles me. Corgan treated her like complete garbage, and yet he valued her opinion on his music immensely, and called her “the moral conscience of the band” in 1998. She was apparently the only one willing to stand up to BC and criticize him, which obviously caused friction. My interpretation is that has always bothered BC that D’Arcy always saw him for what he really was (a deeply insecure and damaged person with egomaniacal and abusive tendencies) instead of as the iconic rock god he wanted to be seen as. Having watched a lot of old interviews, I get the sense that D’Arcy is really sick of BC by the time of the Adore tour. In one interview she refers to going through “hell” and “all this bullshit” because she believed in the greatness of the music. Corgan looks noticeably uncomfortable when she says this. In the same interview, she also spends time trolling BC, and there are multiple other instances I have seen of her clearly exasperated with him or regarding him as a joke. However, there was something that kept D’Arcy around Corgan. I know Iha and her were always the closest, but for all her fighting with BC she seemed much closer to him than she did with JC, for instance. At one point she valued his friendship (yes I know she’s recently said they were never friends but she contradicted that later in the interview so I imagine that initial comment was made emotionally). BC to me seems as though he may be unaware the way he treated her was wrong, and his deterioration since she left, coupled with the “moral conscience” remark makes me wonder if D’Arcy was preventing him from being a complete dickwad publicly in the 90s.

One explanation I suspect has some truth to it is that, for whatever reason, BC harbored resentment over D’Arcy dating Iha back in the day. See the much music 1998 interview in which he abruptly brings up her “riding James” after D’Arcy was asked about raising horses. I’m not sure if this was because BC desired D’Arcy or just that his ego couldn’t handle having Iha favored over him. Still, I think this would possibly explain his treatment of her (of course it doesn’t excuse it! Honestly makes it more gross). I would love to see Corgan try to explain this gif: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ef/8e...a1bec4e609.gif

Sorry for the giant rant but I was curious if anyone has any insights on their dynamic and if my suspicions have any merit.

Also I should note that being a millennial I didn’t grow up with the band and am basing my theories on all the old SP footage, interviews and things I’ve read online about the group.

Last edited by Squish Squash : 03-14-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:43 PM   #32
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Edit.

Last edited by amoergosum : 03-14-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:48 PM   #33
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
See the much music 1998 interview in which he abruptly brings up her “riding James” after D’Arcy was asked about raising horses. I’m not sure if this was because BC desired D’Arcy or just that his ego couldn’t handle having Iha favored over him.

>>>

Old 03-14-2018, 05:50 PM   #34
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Very millennial of you to create a thred just for this post, op.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:56 PM   #35
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

...cute:

https://i.imgur.com/2kquDIz.png

Old 03-14-2018, 06:04 PM   #36
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Devil D’Arcy is my favorite

Old 03-14-2018, 06:07 PM   #37
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Pope View Post
Very millennial of you to create a thred just for this post, op.
More worthy of discussion than a thread detailing why Axl Rose has become more “respectable” than BC. Not sure why this got merged

Old 03-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #38
Shallowed
Braindead

nvm

Old 03-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #39
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
More worthy of discussion than a thread detailing why Axl Rose has become more “respectable” than BC. Not sure why this got merged
Because there are already 1,349 threes about D’arcy at the moment

Old 03-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #40
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

trees?

Old 03-15-2018, 08:20 PM   #41
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
trees?
https://s17.postimg.org/6fsdqj1en/6_...8_B59026_C.jpg

Old 03-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #42
FoolofaTook

Old 03-17-2018, 07:02 AM   #43
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old 03-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #44
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

2018:

" “I think what she did demonstrates why she couldn’t be involved,” Mr. Corgan said. “I was vulnerable and shared things and trusted that there was a reason to give it a chance, despite plenty of empirical evidence that that was not a wise decision.” That bridge is now burned “forever,” he added."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/a...interview.html

Old 03-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #45
T&T
Socialphobic

Billy's got to be an idiot if he's going to be a revisionist... acting like the text screenshots were why she was excluded. HEY FAT HEAD, she was excluded LONG before she posted those screenshots. YOU WERE IN THE STUDIO WITHOUT HER before she did those interviews. how long did you expect her to get strung along?

BILLY CORGAN, you're a big fat lying sack of shit. I won't be going to your next tour, but if I was I'd be throwing vegetables and puking all over the place because you're disgusting. I feel bad that AJ has to grow up thinking of you as his DAD.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:03 PM   #46
FoolofaTook

(especially when it's actually jeff)

: