Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Default Gluten Free Pizza Sucks

My wife has cut wheat out of her diet. She realized last year that it was the cause of the intestinal problems she had experienced her whole life.

Her diet Doesn't affect me much. But we used to get take out pizza all the time. I'm a pizza snob. God dammit, i love pizza. Not any pizza, but the great scratch made kind with perfect crust. Crust is everything when it comes to good pizza.

Now, we're relegated To ordering pizza from two places in town that offer Gluten Free crust. It's horrible. Like a flavorless slab. Even with great toppings it's a let down.

The things we do for love.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

So she has celiac disease? You could make your own pizza, the mixtures are pretty good.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

who is this pavementtuna person and why do they work for betterhomesandgardens?

Old 10-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

You can't make it soft and chewy without gluten, but you can get a good crunchy oily base that's kinda good, in a greasy crispy kinda way.

It's the sandwiches that make me gag. Sweet baking is actually better gluten free IMO. Better texture, because you want less gluten anyway.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
Order 66
Socialphobic

no such thing as a healthy pizza. you gotta do that shit right or dont bother

Old 10-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

My wife buys GF bread from a local deli. She likes it but to me it tastes like cardboard.

It's not only the texture. It's the flavor. Same with GF pasta

Old 10-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Actually quite familiar with GF products. I work in the food industry and spent several years dealing with GF suppliers. Not familiar with vixnix, though. Haven't seen that brand here. We buy a lot of stuff from Udi and Schar. Both not too bad.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

why dont you just order two separate pizzas

Old 10-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Done that a few times. Probably my best bet.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #10
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

yeah man

Old 10-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #11
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Eeem, not sure if you have these products I'm talking about in NZ, vixnix. I grew up eating that stuff. Bread is tricky, but you can do a lot with maize meal.
Ohhhh yeah you're quite right I never tried the mixtures actually! They do have them in New Zealand. I did try the baking one, not the bread or pizza dough ones. I had a pizza made with a bread mix one and it was as I described, oily and crispy, which for a pizza actually I love, it's like bruschetta or fettunta. But the bread mix she used was not a reputed one in GF circles, I learned afterwards. I just adapted my diet to live without bread stuff I think. I ate a lot of other cereals instead, and nuts and beans.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #12
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckSuckStyle View Post
why dont you just order two separate pizzas
that would contravene their sacred vows of marriage

Old 10-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #13
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

also it makes too much sense

Old 10-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #14
null123
Minion of Satan

it sucks real bad

Old 10-07-2012, 05:10 AM   #15
franzel
Demi-God

As a dietician I wonder how she came to the diagnosis of glutenintolerance? The only way to be sure is to get a colonbiopt.

Im also suspicious about the GF-pizza. If its made in the same kitchen as the regular pizza's, there will be contamination. Even a small fraction of gluten gives insane reactions in people with true glutenintolerance.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #16
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzel View Post
As a dietician I wonder how she came to the diagnosis of glutenintolerance? The only way to be sure is to get a colonbiopt.

Im also suspicious about the GF-pizza. If its made in the same kitchen as the regular pizza's, there will be contamination. Even a small fraction of gluten gives insane reactions in people with true glutenintolerance.
you're correct. she did not get tested. I've told my wife the same thing. but if she feels better right now that's all that matters to me.

She came to it through experimentation with her diet. We have a friend who has Crohn's and a friend that was diagnosed with Celiac. My wife had talked to both of them about it and got the idea to cut out wheat. GF is something of a fad diet right now. Especially amongst athletes. So we have a number of other friends who are eating that way, even though they have no intolerance to gluten.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #17
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

people who don't actually have celiac who eat gf are the WORST.

next time you want pizza, get a real pizza and tell the wife to eat her own gf shit.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

fuck yeah!

Old 10-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #19
Eulogy
huh

god i love pizza so much. even bad pizza.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #20
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
god i love pizza so much. even bad pizza.

werd. i ordered dominos yesterday and it was the most disgusting thing ever but i ate the shit out of it.