Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2018, 11:16 PM   #61
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I'm a big comedy fan. I consider myself to be somewhat of a student of the form.
strange. cause you're neither funny nor smart.

flaming globes wasn't actually interested in or dazzled by what you said. he was implying that you sound like a blowhard (correct me if i'm wrong, flaming globes).

Old 04-22-2018, 11:21 PM   #62
fuzzyroes
Banned

I never implied that he was. I just thought it was odd that he was shaming me for laughing at the expense of someone else. Good grief, that's what comedy is all about.

Take a hilarious character like George Costanza, he's actually quite a troubled character who obviously suffers with neurosis and other mental illness, yet we all love to laugh at him. It's what comedy is all about. People don't mean it maliciously.

It's also why since the beginning of documented motion-picture comedy, fat people have always garnered cheap laughs. No one feels bad that they're laughing at someone with obvious health issues. Comedy can really be quite a cruel thing when it comes down to it, but that doesn't mean that it's not incredibly healthy to indulge in a good laugh.

Old 04-22-2018, 11:28 PM   #63
buzzard
Minion of Satan

If only Poots were around to call that out as false equivalency [sic].

Old 04-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #64
WakaFlocka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I think perhaps you're not reading deeply enough. It's a sad story if you actually look below the surface of "lol stupid celebrities."
Seems more like you're the one not reading deeply enough into this. Considering celebrities used to essentially have the same social status as prostitutes this isn't exactly a great argument. Especially since you're just trying to bait Fuzzy into saying something offensive towards someone. He certainly doesn't need any help from you.

"It's a sad story if you look below the surface! I'm an expert with this, do you have any idea how many documentaries I've seen on this topic?!? LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO BRITNEY YOU FUCKING BIGOTED SAVAGE!!!"

Old 04-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #65
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Thanks for your input, Amish Rake Fighter.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:51 PM   #66
FoolofaTook

14 posts lololol

EAT A BAG OF BABY DICKS!!

Old 04-23-2018, 02:49 PM   #67
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Seems more like you're the one not reading deeply enough into this. Considering celebrities used to essentially have the same social status as prostitutes this isn't exactly a great argument. Especially since you're just trying to bait Fuzzy into saying something offensive towards someone. He certainly doesn't need any help from you.

"It's a sad story if you look below the surface! I'm an expert with this, do you have any idea how many documentaries I've seen on this topic?!? LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO BRITNEY YOU FUCKING BIGOTED SAVAGE!!!"
Wait, how would celebrities and prostitutes at one point being of the same social standing make an argument for not laughing at people with troubled lives any poorer?

Old 04-23-2018, 05:14 PM   #68
buzzard
Minion of Satan

So have the prostitutes slipped down in the ranks or have celebrities come a long way?

Old 04-23-2018, 05:35 PM   #69
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

https://i.imgur.com/i2yYun3.gif

Old 04-23-2018, 05:36 PM   #70
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

He didn't actually have anything intelligent to offer. He's just been watching us from distance, waiting for his time to dive in and out with a 'gotcha!'

Now back to the D'arcy/Alternative Nation thread he goes.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:38 PM   #71
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

d'arwin.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #72
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Old 04-23-2018, 07:11 PM   #73
fuzzyroes
Banned

I just can't bring myself to listen to any 3rd Eye Blind.

To me, they represent the first time when I realized that Alt-Rock was becoming kind of lame.

I was very emotionally invested in the big alt-rock bands that were big in 93/94/95 but then came 3rd Eye Blind, Semisonic, Fastball, Tonic, The Verve,The Wallflowers, Sponge, Matchbox 20 ETC and it was like "man, this shit isn't really even cool anymore"

Old 04-23-2018, 07:12 PM   #74
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Starting that 6-pack early in the evening, eh?

Old 04-23-2018, 07:15 PM   #75
fuzzyroes
Banned

Perhaps, but I don't think I'm wrong with the assessment.

When I first became obsessed with music, it was all about Green Day, Offspring, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Nirvana... All the shit that was big in 1994... But you fast-forward only 3 or 4 years later and mainstream alt-rock got lame in a hurry.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:30 PM   #76
FoolofaTook

3eb was one of my first two favorite bands, alongside the Eraserheads. Saw How's It Gonna Be on mtv and was hooked.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:32 PM   #77
fuzzyroes
Banned

Ahh dude, you missed the glory era.

For me, I heard Basket Case when it was brand new and it set me on an obsession of music.

Dookie was the first cassette I ever bought, followed by the Smash and Superunknown and then I just got all of the big releases. I used to have a paper route that my mom helped me out with. Pretty much all of the money went to music and slurpees.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:35 PM   #78
fuzzyroes
Banned

Bush X 16 stone, Ozzy Osborne Ozzmosis, Angus soundtrack, In Utero, Nevermind, Aerosmith "Get A Grip".

Some of the earliest releases I can remember buying.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:35 PM   #79
fuzzyroes
Banned

(Bush was called Bush-X in Canada)

https://img.discogs.com/50uLw1iML5dY...32790.jpeg.jpg

Old 04-23-2018, 07:37 PM   #80
fuzzyroes
Banned

fuckk... I could've used that for one of my Fuzzy's Didja know? segments.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:43 PM   #81
FoolofaTook

it's ok. i discovered mbv and sleep later on. so it all turned out for the best.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:43 PM   #82
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Really, fuzzy? Bush? Ozzmosis? And you're gonna throw shade at 3eb?

Get a Grip.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:50 PM   #83
FoolofaTook

what was the first 3eb track to grip your cajones?

Old 04-23-2018, 07:51 PM   #84
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Jumper, probably. I think the saddo lyrics and the bitching solo is what got me. I ordered that album from Columbia House and the rest is history.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:53 PM   #85
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Also, fuzzy, to get back to our childish pissing contest, Third Eye Blind managed to make their own sound, while the bands you defend (Bush) were borderline plagiarists.

Mic drop.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:57 PM   #86
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Jumper, probably. I think the saddo lyrics and the bitching solo is what got me. I ordered that album from Columbia House and the rest is history.
It's also worth mentioning that at 14, I would just listen to the first six tracks on repeat. It wasn't until maybe ten years later that I rediscovered the album and started digging deeper to stuff like God of Wine and Motorcycle Drive By. To me, those songs are the key to the 3eb sound, beyond the played out radio hits everyone knows.

Then you have Blue which is just a whole other ball of wax. Cadogan's guitar sound is incredible on that thing.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #87
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

But yes, lol I like 3eb who are totally lame, unlike true alt-rock innovators like Candlebox and Fuel.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:22 PM   #88
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Bro doesn't even rep legit 90s bands like Local H and The Cardigans like get the fuck out here!

Old 04-23-2018, 09:04 PM   #89
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Also, fuzzy, to get back to our childish pissing contest, Third Eye Blind managed to make their own sound, while the bands you defend (Bush) were borderline plagiarists.

Mic drop.
Nah man... 3EB always seemed like pale imitators of what was already going on.

These guys were big in 95... It sounds just like what 3EB would be pedaling 3 years later

Old 04-23-2018, 09:10 PM   #90
fuzzyroes
Banned

I think that 3EB also ripped off Cracker.