Green Day - don't have any albums, but enjoyed seeing them in concert
Weezer - great fav band that arent as good as they use to be
Jimmy Eat World - don't care
The Breeders - fuckin suck.
The Pixies - fav band of all time
The Strokes - great catchy songs, im hooked
Nirvana - have most of their albums, classic
Pearl Jam - liked their first 3 or 4 albums, then stopped caring
The Smashing Pumpkins - use to be fav band, but got sick of them because roommate plays them 24/7
Red Hot Chili Peppers - good stuff, only have one of their albums
Radiohead - great band, i automatically buy anything they release
Sigur Ros - don't care
Bjork - have all her albums except selmasongs (which sucks hard)
Belle And Sebastian - don't care
The Doves - don't care
Clinic - bleh, can't get into them despite people's recommendations
The White Stripes - bleh, can't get into them despite people's recommendations
Ozma - fucking awesome weezer clone. Sound like weezer in the good ole days. awesome.
Grandaddy - don't care
Built To Spill - don't care
Fountains of Wayne - good pop stuff, have both albums
Gin Blossoms - don't care
Foo Fighters - good pop alternative stuff, have all their albums
Eels - don't care
Polaris - don't care
REM - have a handful of albums, too lazy to get the rest. classic.
U2 - have a handful of albums, too lazy to get the rest. classic.

Old 04-02-2002, 07:37 PM   #3
GlassDreams

Thumbs down

Led Zeppelin - ehh...not a big fan. Kinda boring, IMO.
Rolling Stones - ehh...
Beatles - Only like the post '66 stuff.
Ramones - Don't really know
The Clash - Same as above
Green Day - Never liked them
Weezer - Don't like them.
Jimmy Eat World - Not too bad, I guess.
The Breeders - Don't know
The Pixies - Don't know
The Strokes - Amazing.
Nirvana - ehh...revolutionary or whatever. I never cared for them.
Pearl Jam - Don't like 'em.
The Smashing Pumpkins - http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif
Red Hot Chili Peppers - One of my most hated bands
Radiohead - I love Radiohead.
Sigur Ros - Love them too.
Bjork - I only have Vespertine. I like it.
Belle And Sebastian - I have Tigermilk and Fold Your Hands...I love them.
The Doves - Lost Souls was great.
Clinic - Haven't heard very much.
The White Stripes - Only have WBC...I like it a lot.
Ozma - As I said before, I don't like Weezer.
Grandaddy - Never Heard Them
Built To Spill - Heard Ancient Melodies and Keep It Like A Secret. I like.
Fountains of Wayne - Never heard them.
Gin Blossoms - Don't know.
Foo Fighters - I liked the earlier stuff.
Eels - Only heard one song, and I didn't like it.
Fugazi - Haven't heard much.
Death By Pencil - Brad!
Pink Floyd - I love them.
The Magnetic Fields - Never heard them.
Polaris - Never heard them.
REM - Not too bad...I've always been kind of indifferent about them.
U2 - Same as above.

Old 04-02-2002, 07:39 PM   #4
killtheyouth

Led Zeppelin - cool
Rolling Stones - never got into em
Beatles - good
Ramones - good, but not as good as...
The Clash - this band
Green Day - fun. used to be a lot better
Weezer - see above
Jimmy Eat World - see above
The Breeders - i like cannonball
The Pixies - great
The Strokes - im sick of them
Nirvana - sweet. i still need to get in utero
Pearl Jam - i like them. corduroy is a great song
The Smashing Pumpkins - still in my top 5 fav bands
Red Hot Chili Peppers - i used to like them
Radiohead - probably my fav band since 97. i think they have a couple more great albums left
Sigur Ros - boring. but pretty. so pretty boring. ha.
Bjork - never really got into her
Belle And Sebastian - really wussy. i like them.
The Doves - eh. what ive heard hasnt impressed me
Clinic - good.
The White Stripes - they either sound really awesome or really stale. depends on the song.
Ozma - havent heard much
Grandaddy - cool. love their lyrical imagery
Built To Spill - great, but they might not be making any more great records.
Fountains of Wayne - fun. but stop talking about puff daddy.
Gin Blossoms - they wrote some fun pop songs
Foo Fighters - used to be good. dave grohl is still hilarious.
Eels - good
Fugazi - best punk band ever.
Death By Pencil - should start making boom tisk
Pink Floyd - i like them, but dark side of the moon is so fricking overrated...
The Magnetic Fields - he shouldnt sing.
Polaris - pete & pete rules.
REM - respect em.
U2 - shouldve quit after "achtung, baby"

Old 04-02-2002, 07:41 PM   #5
Mayfuck

Led Zeppelin - Extremely influential (Duh?) A long time favorite of mine. Great when played real loud

Rolling Stones - Ambivalent. I can dig their early stuff, other than that, I don't see what's the big deal.

Beatles - Still growing on me, despite the fact that I can call myself a fan by now. Catchy tunes. Interesting those guys are.

Ramones - I watched this movie on Encore where the Ramones take over this high school. It was pretty neat! Hm, otherwise I like them for what they are.

The Clash - It's blasphemy that I ignore this band any longer. I should check them out as soon as possible.

Green Day - Always enjoyed the simplicity of this band. Very accessible. Also a long time favorite.

Weezer - Half of Pinkerton is good. Don't like anything else they did. Keeping their music fresh isn't in their repetoire it seems. Boring for the most part.

Jimmy Eat World - Umm...didn't like them at all until their latest album came out. I think I may want to buy it.

The Breeders - See the Clash

The Pixies - I more appreciative of them more than a fan of them. Great songs here and there. Maybe their production is too gritty for me.

The Strokes - Is This It is one of my favs from 2001. Highly enjoyable.

Nirvana - Heh. I just bought Nevermind like last year. I've been meaning to buy it for the past 8 years. Also very well crafted, accessible music. Still sounds fresh.

Pearl Jam - I like Ten, and that's about it. Their music isn't very lyrical. They got a dry stale sound.

The Smashing Pumpkins - My favorite band of all time. Enough said.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - My previous favorite band before I got into Pumpkins, and really the first "rock" band I got into. I'm missing a few of their earlier albums. They are the best at what they do.

Radiohead - First couple of albums, forgetable. OK Computer could have been a great EP. Kid A is amazing, but Amnesiac should have been pushed as a b-side compilation. After reading a few interviews, I'm becoming more of a fan of this quirky quintet.

Sigur Ros - Aegaetis Byrjun could have been a much better album. Half the tracks are brilliant, the other half just lame.

Bjork - Aside from the fact I am in love with this woman, she is putting out the some of the most innovative music.

Belle And Sebastian - Tigermilk and If You Are Feeling Sinister, both great. But have been putting out the same type of music since, so I don't like them too much.

The Doves - The only band I enjoy from the current dream pop/alternative Brit rock scene. I recommend this band for people who haven't heard them yet.

Clinic - They'd be a much better band if they stuck to their more electronic/experimental side more often.

The White Stripes - Putting out some of the most worst, bland, uninspired, dry music right now.

Ozma - Never heard them. They're supposed to be a Weezer clone. So I think I'll pass.

Grandaddy - Example of how lumberjacks playing electronic-tinged rock music can be a great thing.

Built To Spill - Built to suck.

Fountains of Wayne - Fountains of Lame.

Gin Blossoms - Gay.

Foo Fighters - First album decent. Downhill from there.

Eels - Make some of the most heartaching pop music. I need to hear more of them. i don't own any of their albums.

Polaris - Immortalized for that Pete and Pete song, huh?

REM - Don't care for them.

U2 - Picked up Joshua Tree a while ago and liked it. Achtung Baby might sound interesting. I'll have to listen to more of their earlier stuff because I know I can't stand anything they've put out in the last 10 years.

Old 04-02-2002, 08:01 PM   #6
Graveflower

Led Zeppelin - One of the best bands ever. All of their albums are excellent. Achilles Last Stand is one of the 10 best rock songs ever.

Rolling Stones - Released a string of brilliant albums starting with Begger's Banquet and ending with Exile on Main Street which is one of the best albums ever. It also earns bonus points for inspiring a Liz Phair album.

Beatles - Great

Ramones - Awesome band. Their four albums in the late 70s are some of the best rock and roll you can buy. It all sounds the same, but it all sounds great.

The Clash - London Calling stands as the best "punk" album ever made. Their debut is also fantastic, and certainly better than most of the other punk stuff from that time. The rest of their catalog is pretty hit or miss.

Green Day - A great singles band. International Superhits is a must have. Warning is their only really cohesive album.

Weezer - One very good album, one fantastic album, one horrible album, one pretty good album.

Jimmy Eat World - Crap. Fuck their singer, his goofy haircut, and his fucking positive, pick yourself up attitude.

The Breeders - Last Splash and Pod are both really good. Esepcially Pod. Their new songs suck.

The Pixies - Best and most influential band of the 80s, and early 90s. Everything they ever released is a must have.

The Strokes - Still a good, fun catchy album, but loses a bit of luster when held up next to the other bands doing the same "rock revival" thing right now.

Nirvana - In Utero is an undisputable classic in my mind. Perfectly captures both the catharsis of Bleach and the pop sheen of Nevermind in one album.

Pearl Jam - Three classic albums during the first half of the 90s, and three blah albums during the latter half. They have good intentions, both in their music and outside of it, but often fall flat on their face. (see: Ticketmaster, "world music experimentation on No Code", and Eddie's mohawk protest)

The Smashing Pumpkins - Still my favorite band. I'm not quite as enthusiastic, but I can still put on Siamese Dream, Adore, or Mellon Collie and positively lose myself. Definitely one of the most exciting, and consistent bands in the 90s. I like Machina, but it pales next to the rest of their work. It's still a good album, and the first four albums are spectacular enough to forgive that one mistake.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - They were great in the 80s and up until One Hot Minute (fuck you haters, OHM was good), but Californication worries me. The more reflective songs are really good, better than on the older albums, but the attempts at trashy funk now seem forced, out of place, and downright pathetic.

Radiohead - two decent, pretty standard college rock albums to start out. The Bends did, however, have some amazing songs that hinted at what they would become. (Street Spirit, Just, Nice Dream, and Iron Lung are definite classics of that time). Ok Computer is an all out masterpiece, and my second favorite album of all time. Kid A is absolutely gorgeous. Amnesiac is a bit hit and miss, but there are stunning moments on it, particularly Life in a Glasshouse. I hope they do more jazzy tracks in the future.

Sigur Ros - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bjork - Brilliant. I LOVE her voice. Homogenic is an incredible album. The heights the song on it achieve are breathtaking. Bachelorette gives me chills. Plus she shows her tits in her videos.

Belle And Sebastian - Blah. Tigermilk and If You're Feeling Sinister are decent, but boring albums. fold Your Hands is crap in it's msot basic form.

The Doves - Radiohead. But with more funky, and jazzy elements. I quite like them. Their new single is excellent. It holds your interest throughout it's entire 7 minutes, and it's just such a bouncy, fun, happy song that it's irresistible.

Clinic - I love this band. Internal Wrangler is a great debut album. I wouldn't hesitate to say that their output is nearly as good as Radiohead's best work.

The White Stripes - I'm seeing this band next Tuesday, at one of the shittiest little venues in the state. hooray!

Ozma - Fuck this band up their, gay, emo asses until they die from rectal bleeding. Weezer should sue these pieces of shit. I hope Natalie Portman bitch-slaps their singer.

Grandaddy - I love Sophtware Slump. Cheesy, tinny keyboards rule. That's all I've heard from them, but I really want to get Western Freeway and the new album they are putting out this year.

Built To Spill - Possibly the best "indie rock" band in existence. (I know they're on Warner Bros., FUCK YOU) Perfect From Now On and Keep it Like a Secret can be positively jaw dropping at times.

Fountains of Wayne - Fuck that. Their first album was pretty good, but the second one was complete shit. I like Adam Schlessinger's other band, Ivy, much much more.

Gin Blossoms - Good singles band. I'd buy their best of.

Foo Fighters - Another good singles band with spotty albums. I'd definitely buy a Foo Fighters Greatest Hits.

Eels - Electro-Shock Blues is incredible. It nearly made me cry. Daisies of the Galaxy is really good too. Souljacker and Beautiful Freak are really only ok.

Fugazi - My current favorite band. Red Medicine and the Argument are two albums I listen to almost constantly

Death By Penis - Pretty generic, but good. Definitely need a new singer.

Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn is their best album. I fucking hate you if you don't think so, too. I do quite like Dark Side, Animals, and Wish you Were Here, though.

The Magnetic Fields - I only have the first disc of 69 Love Songs, but I like it and want to hear the other two.

Polaris - THEY DID THE FUCKING MUSIC FOR PETE AND PETE. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THEM?!?!?1

REM - Murmer is an all time classic, Automatic for the People is almost up to that level. I don't really think most of their stuff is that spectacular though. Other than those two albums, I would definitely want a best of that distilled their best moments from the rest of their stuff into one disc.

U2 - I want to kick bono in the head, but they are a good band. Achtung Baby is their masterpiece. I don't think any of the stuff they did after that is essential though. I don't even think Joshua tree is that great. Boy and Unforgettable Fire own it.

Old 04-02-2002, 08:03 PM   #7
Mr Snatch-O-Rama

Led Zeppelin - Excellent.
Rolling Stones - Never got into them.
Beatles - Great.
Ramones - Fair-to-middling.
The Clash - Excellent.
Green Day - Used to like, but i don't now.
Weezer - Pinkerton is still ok but i'm not really a big fan now of any stuff by them.
Jimmy Eat World - Crap.
The Breeders - Not that sure. The tune i've heard by them's good though.
The Pixies - Great.
The Strokes - Great.
Nirvana - Excellent.
Pearl Jam - Ten's good but i'm not a fan of any other stuff. I used to be a massive fan though.
The Smashing Pumpkins - One of my favourites. Used to be favourite for an age until i discovered King Crimson.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Great.
Radiohead - One of my favourites.
Sigur Ros - Excellent.
Bjork - Great.
Belle And Sebastian - Nah.
The Doves - Dunno.
Clinic - Dunno.
The White Stripes - Good.
Ozma - Dunno, but if they clone Weezer then i'm not really interested.
Grandaddy - Dunno.
Built To Spill - Fair to middling.
Fountains of Wayne - Crap.
Gin Blossoms - Dunno.
Foo Fighters - Used to be a big fan but not so much now.
Eels - Nah.
Fugazi - Great.
Death By Penci - Dunno.
Pink Floyd - Possibly my favourite band of all time. Unreal.
The Magnetic Fields - Dunno.
Polaris - Dunno.
REM - Another one of my favourites.
U2 - Great.

Old 04-02-2002, 08:11 PM   #8
Red Wine Cage

Led Zeppelin- great stuff, classic
Rolling Stones- don't care for them
Beatles- LOVE them
Ramones- don't care for them
The Clash- ditto
Green Day- one of my favorite bands of all time
Weezer- i'm like the only one that liked green and not blue, but they're alright i guess
Jimmy Eat World- have only heard 'the middle'
The Breeders- heard last splash and...eh.
The Pixies- pretty good, i haven't heard too much of them, tho.
The Strokes- have only heard 'last night'
Nirvana- pretty good, i have about 3 of their CDs
Pearl Jam- have a few CDs, but haven't really listened to them
The Smashing Pumpkins- my favorite band, they're awesome
Red Hot Chili Peppers- don't really care for them
Radiohead- i really liked amnesiac, but i think they get boring after a while
Sigur Ros- never heard them
Bjork- she's pretty cool, though I haven't a CD
Belle And Sebastian- never heard them
The Doves- eh.
Clinic-never heard of them
The White Stripes- heard that one song they have on MTV and wasn't too impressed
Ozma- never heard them
Grandaddy- ditto
Built To Spill- ditto
Fountains of Wayne- ditto
Gin Blossoms- eh, they have a few rawkin tunes
Foo Fighters- i like em lots
Eels- eh.boring.
Fugazi- eh.
Death By Pencil- isn't this your band? i've heard nothing
Pink Floyd- great, i love the wall
The Magnetic Fields- who?
Polaris-ditto
REM- good band, have quite a few of their discs
U2- eh, i don't like them that much

*yes,i know I too realize I'm not musically adventurous*

[This message has been edited by Red Wine Cage (edited 04-02-2002).]

Old 04-02-2002, 08:15 PM   #9
The Sacred and Profane

Led Zeppelin - good, i own a few of their albums.
Rolling Stones - i don't specifically like them much, but i'm aware of their influence in the music that i do like.
Beatles - they're swell, really.
Ramones - a good band, fun to drive to.
The Clash - more versatile than one would think. i do enjoy their basslines much, though they're not much.
Green Day - good band too, one of the few bands i'll sing aloud and along to.
Weezer - I guess i'm what you may call a Pinkerton fan nowadays.
Jimmy Eat World - They know how to write a catchy song, They are underestimated.
The Breeders - n/a
The Pixies - Eh...They're alright. It's just...I said what I said about them to Irrelevant last night.
The Strokes - I don't see why people shit on this band. They're great.
Nirvana - I like them a lot, Anthems to my sad little youth, heh.
Pearl Jam - Good, Eddie Vedder is a nice guy. His songs are either the catchiest things in the world or the most unlistenable. Not much of the latter to me.
The Smashing Pumpkins - My favourite band for a very long time. They have great songs all throughout their catalogue.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm going to have to jump on the Flea is a great bassist bandwagon, I also like Frusicante's licks.
Radiohead - I think Pablo Honey and Amnesiac are pretty lame, but I adore Kid A and The Bends.
Sigur Ros - One of the more creative bands I've seen lately.
Bjork - Christ, her voice can be amazing.
Belle And Sebastian - n/a
The Doves - I like them quite a bit. I don't like how they're compared to Radiohead...They're more listenable to me.
Clinic - Not a song I don't like by them.
The White Stripes - Recently bought "White Blood Cells" and it's real good. I mean REAL good.
Ozma - Lame, Incredibly fucking lame.
Grandaddy - Very interesting, I'd like to get into him more.
Built To Spill - One of my favourite bands, Simply "anything" music.
Fountains of Wayne - I always put "I Want An Alien for Christmas" on holiday mixtapes.
Gin Blossoms - They had that one good song, Hey Jealousy?
Foo Fighters - Great songwriters, Don't take themselves too seriously. Everlong is a classic.
Eels - Really good...but starting to get that golden/plasticy sound I really dislike.
Fugazi - n/a
Death By Pencil - Horrifying.
Pink Floyd - Good, my father is really into them.
The Magnetic Fields - Merritt is the best lyricist I think I've ever seen.
Polaris - n/a
REM - They're alright. A bit overrated...I can't listen to them.
U2 - Unlistenable to me.

------------------
http://newbatteries.homestead.com/files/0321.jpg
oh, say it isn't fucking so.

Old 04-02-2002, 08:16 PM   #10
Spaced

Led Zeppelin-they're talented but i'm not a big fan of that genre
Rolling Stones-see above
Beatles-very good, i don't think it's possible to hate them
Ramones-not bad but nothing too great
The Clash-not bad
Green Day-i have dookie and nimrod and they are just too poppy and boring for me, they do have some catchy songs, but the music does nothing for me
Weezer- i've never understood the hype about this band, they are good, but extremely overrated
Jimmy Eat World-not bad
The Breeders-only heard one song, it was ok
The Pixies-i've been meaning to get one of their albums, i like what i've heard
The Strokes-alright, catchy, better than most of the crap that gets mainstream attention
Nirvana-ok, but overrated
Pearl Jam-have some decent songs
The Smashing Pumpkins-the greatest band ever
Red Hot Chili Peppers-i don't hate them, but i wouldn't waste the money to get one of their albums
Radiohead-great, one of the best bands around right now, they really have some great stuff, but you can't listen to it too often
Sigur Ros-i've only heard a few songs but i love what i've heard
Bjork-i like the few songs i've heard,
Belle And Sebastian- great band, very mellow and soothing, great melodies, amazing instrumentation, i'm seeing them this month
The Doves-only heard one song, it was good
Clinic-n/a
The White Stripes-like what i've heard
Ozma-n/a
Grandaddy-like the one song i heard and love the video
Built To Spill-one of my favorite bands, some amazing guitar layering as well
Fountains of Wayne-n/a
Gin Blossoms-n/a
Foo Fighters-the kind of thing i would listen to if i didn't know what good music was
Eels-i just bought Electro-Shock Blues and i'm gradually getting into it, they are amazing at times, and ok at others,
Fugazi-n/a
Death By Penci-n/a
Pink Floyd-one of the best classic bands, extremely influencial to music, truly breakthrough
The Magnetic Fields-n/a
Polaris-catchy little band, from what i've heard from Pete & Pete
REM-good, but i don't have any of their albums
U2-see REM

Old 04-02-2002, 08:21 PM   #11
Oblivious

Led Zeppelin - eh. they're ok.
Rolling Stones - love the stones!
Beatles - love the beatles too!
Ramones - eh. they're ok.
The Clash - i <3 mick jones.
Green Day - no
Weezer - i can handle in SMALL doses
Jimmy Eat World - never heard them
The Breeders - hahahahahahahaha
The Pixies - notihng but love for the pixies!
The Strokes - huh?
Nirvana - started a mainsteam revolution
Pearl Jam - also helped start the mainstream revolution.
The Smashing Pumpkins - duh.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - HATE
Radiohead - i don't get it. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif
Sigur Ros - never heard
Bjork - too, too cute. her music is ok.
Belle And Sebastian - never heard
The Doves - never heard
Clinic - never heard
The White Stripes - never heard
Ozma - never heard
Grandaddy - never heard
Built To Spill - never heard
Fountains of Wayne - never heard
Gin Blossoms - umm. i saw them once for free at the taste of chicago.
Foo Fighters - eh.
Eels - me likes
Fugazi - <3 ian
Death By Penci - never heard
Pink Floyd - uh. no thanks.
The Magnetic Fields - never heard
Polaris - never heard
REM - hahahahahahahahaha
U2 - mega band for the century?!? they're ok

------------------
You can find me in the frozen mood section.

Old 04-02-2002, 08:26 PM   #12
ravenguy2000

oh, i guess I should go.

Led Zeppelin - just about as good as music gets
Rolling Stones - lately i just can't get enough of them. i wish more people here liked em
Beatles - best band ever
Ramones - i appreciate them, but i can only listen to them in small doses at time
The Clash - best punk band ever. London Calling is perfect, and i could listen to the first album all day, too.
Green Day - some of that newer stuff annoys me. and i'm still traumatized from hearing brain stew or whatever that song was called 9 times a day on the radio
Weezer - saviours of rock and roll. it seems as though i'm one of the last true fans left!
Jimmy Eat World - the lyrics annoy me, i wish they were better. they would be a good band otherwise
The Breeders - i've been walking around campus with last splash on for the past week. i'm in love.
The Pixies - there's just something about em, you know? totally original, even when so other bands have been influenced by them.
The Strokes - suck.
Nirvana - unplugged is their best work. i have a hard time connecting with a lot of the other stuff they've done
Pearl Jam - too many fantastic songs to count. 2nd best band of the 90's, methinks.
The Smashing Pumpkins - used to be obsessed, and when I go back and listen to them now, i find more and more flaws. so i just keep the illusion up, and don't listen to them anymore
Red Hot Chili Peppers - i'm undecided.
Radiohead - i wish amnesiac hadn't sucked. Kid A still rocks my world, though, as did OK so many years back.
Sigur Ros - sucks
Bjork - so many great songs, but the perfect album hasn't been acheived yet. she still has a long musical journey ahead of her, and we should all feel blessed. a true artist.
Belle And Sebastian - boy with the arab strap makes me smile.
The Doves - I need suggestions. someone?
Clinic - i need suggestions for this one as well
The White Stripes - from what little i've heard, i love em.
Ozma - crap. can't stand em.
Grandaddy - i need suggestions. i love miner at the dial a view, though
Built To Spill - not my cup of tea, really, but what i've heard i have enjoyed
Fountains of Wayne - fun, occasionally.
Gin Blossoms - singles band. I thought i would really like them, but its astonishing how much of their work sounds the same. and i don't just mean the same as in "weezer" the same. I mean, like....really, really the same.
Foo Fighters - should stick to funny covers of zeppelin songs.
Eels - daisies of the galaxy and electro shock blues kill me. Mr. E is one of the best song writers of his generation
Fugazi - i need suggestions
Death By Pencil - i actually like em!
Pink Floyd - classic. but its annoying how only about 5 or 6 songs get played on the radio.
The Magnetic Fields - makes me romantic
Polaris - makes me happy
REM - best band of the past 20 years.
U2 - pop is underrated. the new stuff hurts me.

------------------
http://www.statetheatre.org/Bea.jpg
Bea Arthur...Bea Naked!

Old 04-02-2002, 08:41 PM   #13
pale_princess

Led Zeppelin- i like some of their stuff but am indifferent toward them for the most part.

Rolling Stones- good rock and roll

Beatles- their early stuff annoys me but their good stuff is brilliant.

Ramones- all their songs sound the same.

The Clash- influential. i should pick up a vinyl.

Green Day- i can see why others enjoy them, but not my cup of tea.

Weezer- overrated.

Jimmy Eat World- nothing special about them.

The Breeders- good music, ugly women.

The Pixies- i really need more of their stuff.

The Strokes- fun to dance to.

Nirvana- significant, but for the wrong reasons.

Pearl Jam- i'd probably like them a lot more if creed never existed.

The Smashing Pumpkins- i <3 bolly.

Red Hot Chili Peppers- i like songs like "i could've lied" and "breaking the girl" but that's about it.

Radiohead- a solid live act.

Sigur Ros- gorgeous.

Bjork- i love her, i love her, i love her, i lo-ohve her.

Belle And Sebastian- lyrically brilliant, but the music can get boring.

The Doves- i've only heard one of their songs and i like it.

Clinic- who?

The White Stripes- never heard any of their stuff.

Ozma- who?

Grandaddy- who?

Built To Spill- catchy, from what i've heard.

Fountains of Wayne- poptastic.

Gin Blossoms- gay.

Foo Fighters- fun to see live but i'd never want an album. on a non-music note, some of the nicest guys i've ever met.

Eels- don't know.

Fugazi- i should probably hear some of their stuff, shouldn't i.

Death By Penci- lame.

Pink Floyd- i like their pretty songs like "learn to fly" and "wish you were here." another brick in the wall is an overrated song.

The Magnetic Fields- absolutely cuckoo. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Polaris- who?

REM- i love michael stipe. well, his voice and his lyrics. i love mike mills' backup harmonies. peter buck is fat.

U2- i grew up with them as my parents' favourite band, so they hold a place in my heart.

Old 04-02-2002, 08:58 PM   #14
Lysdexia

Led Zeppelin - My dad played them waaay too much as I was growing up. I still like them in small doses.
Rolling Stones - I really like most of their stuff. Sometimes I want to smack the shit out of Mick for no good reason, though.
Beatles - I love the Beatles. Love love love.
Ramones - Again, overplayed during my teen years, but I still like them.
The Clash - I dig.
Green Day - Dookie is the only album of theirs I still own. I couldn't really give a shit about their new stuff.
Weezer - Huge fan. I actually kinda like the new album.
Jimmy Eat World - Meh.
The Breeders - I need to listen to more to form an opinion.
The Pixies - Amazing. Listened to them far too much working in record stores, but I still love them.
The Strokes - I have their album, I like their album. I don't think they are anything great though.
Nirvana - Got sick of them. Still throw in "Nevermind" every once and a while for the "I wish I was still 14" times.
Pearl Jam - A few songs I love, but I never really got into them.
The Smashing Pumpkins - Was my first favourite band when I was 10, and still is. They make me happier than any other band ever. I will always love them.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - I don't care.
Radiohead - Love them. Adore them. Best concert I have ever been to. And yes, I loved Kid A and Amnesiac.
Sigur Ros - Don't care
Bjork - I would go gay for her. One of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard.
Belle And Sebastian - I like.
The Doves - My friend has been trying to get me to listen to them, but I keep forgetting.
Clinic - I really like what I have heard so far...need to hear more
The White Stripes - I love them. I am going to see them in June. Huzzah.
Ozma - Don't care.
Grandaddy - From what i have heard, they sound like a band I could really get into. Need more.
Built To Spill - They were shoved down my throat while working at a record store, but I still like them a great deal.
Fountains of Wayne - I really like these guys. They make me happy.
Gin Blossoms - Don't care.
Foo Fighters - Some damn catchy songs, but I'm not going to buy an album.
Eels - My second favourite band. I absolutely adore them. Some of the best lyrics I have ever heard. E is brilliant. <3<3<3<3<3
Fugazi - Haven't heard too much.
Death By Pencil - I have not heard anything!
Pink Floyd - Never was a huge fan, but I dig.
The Magnetic Fields - Yet again, I need to listen to more. What I have heard, I liked.
Polaris - Uhm. No opinion.
REM - I love REM.
U2 - Love everything before 'Pop'. Some of the new stuff is good, but not nearly as good as the older. 'One' is the most beautiful song ever written.

------------------
http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn...es/pwsmirk.jpg
Is this something you can share with the rest of us, Amazing Larry?!
aim: stranglers hands

[This message has been edited by Lysdexia (edited 04-02-2002).]

Old 04-02-2002, 09:03 PM   #15
neopryn

Red face

Since I am too lazy to do the whole thing, I will just express my disappointment that ravenguy is the only person that recognized that REM is the best band ever!!!

Old 04-02-2002, 09:16 PM   #16
lucky_13

is anyone actually reading these?
Led Zeppelin - i don't know much by them. what i do know i like. i feel like i could probably become obsessed if i try.
Rolling Stones - mick jagger annoys the fuck out of me but they have some decent catchy tunes. "she comes in colors" makes me shake my ass.
Beatles - eh they are fine.
Ramones - good. i can't listen to them alot cuz most sounds the same to me.
The Clash - love them
Green Day - die
Weezer - i want to like them more than i do but the green album rooned it.
Jimmy Eat World - die
The Breeders - eh. i don't like chicks.
The Pixies - ...
The Strokes - die
Nirvana - overkill. i would appreciate them much more if i didn't hear their songs way too much.
Pearl Jam - see above. why haven't they been more innovative?
The Smashing Pumpkins - i was beyond obsessed but i haven't listened to them since machina came out.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - eh. see the nirvana comment.
Radiohead - i don't like the new stuff. sorry.
Sigur Ros - bores me
Bjork - she's a chick. eh. i like post alot. vespertine was hard for me to like.
Belle And Sebastian - good good good.
The Doves - don't know much.
Clinic - don't know much.
The White Stripes - marry me jack.
Ozma - hahaha they are a band?
Grandaddy - marry me jason lytle you crazy fuck.
Built To Spill - everything i have i love but i don't have it all.
Fountains of Wayne - marry me adam.
Gin Blossoms - hahahaha i saw them in concert opening up for...no comment.
Foo Fighters - good. overkill though.
Eels - marry me e.
Fugazi - marry me ian. i really think he and i would be the perfect couple. more so than any of the above mentioned.
Death By Penci - *snort*
Pink Floyd - *shrug*
The Magnetic Fields - yay!
Polaris - *shrug*
REM - overkill.
U2 - OVERKILL.

[/b][/quote]

Old 04-02-2002, 09:19 PM   #17
Graveflower

Lightbulb

I read every single response, except for Red Wine Cage's.

Old 04-02-2002, 10:16 PM   #18
Jaggie

Led Zeppelin - best classic rock band of all time. almost all music that i enjoy today is somehow influenced or based on zep.
Rolling Stones - agree with mayfuck that their early stuff was awesome. they've sold out in recent years imo.
Beatles - the greatest song writers of all time and interestingly enough the only boy band i ever liked.
Ramones - pioneers, great band.
The Clash - haven't heard enough to comment
Green Day - their real early stuff was decent, lately its acliche of themselves, garbage.
Weezer - excellent band. no frills, no flowery lyrics, just good rock tunes.
Jimmy Eat World - eh.
The Breeders - decent, nothing great.
The Pixies - another pioneering band, excellent stuff though i really need to listen to more of their stuff.
The Strokes - haven't heard enough to comment, though i liked last night a lot until i heard it too much.
Nirvana - great band but given way too much credit. simply there at the right time. kurt was only as popular as he was because of his death.
Pearl Jam - i think they're better than nirvana. consistantly put out great music.
The Smashing Pumpkins - my favorite band of all time though certainly not the most talented. dynamic.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - better than most people give them credit for. i like their frusciante (spelling?) years the best.
Radiohead - love/hate. ok computer/kid a i love. the rest i can do without.
Sigur Ros - great of what i have heard of them.
Bjork - awesome, i love her stuff even when i dont like the songs, shes got cajones.
Belle And Sebastian - only recently got into them, plesently surprised.
The Doves - haven't heard enough to comment
Clinic - haven't heard enough to comment
The White Stripes - getting into them now, check back later (yes i'm always behind the 8 ball).
Ozma - haven't heard enough to comment
Grandaddy - haven't heard enough to comment
Built To Spill - haven't heard enough to comment
Fountains of Wayne - good stuff, catchy tunes though nothing spectacular.
Gin Blossoms - no, just no.
Foo Fighters - excellent band, tremendous live.
Eels - haven't heard enough to comment
Fugazi - dont like much of what ive heard, but thats not much.
Death By Pencil - good good good
Pink Floyd - unreal, i bow down to thee.
The Magnetic Fields - haven't heard enough to comment
Polaris - haven't heard enough to comment
REM - eh. too much material and too little good stuff. there are some nice things hidden among the shit though.
U2 - great band if they werent so commercial about everything. earlier stuff is better.

------------------
i wasted all my years, been chasing all my fears

Old 04-02-2002, 10:39 PM   #19
THRILLHO

lemme break it down!

absolute crap:
Fountains of Wayne
Gin Blossoms
Jimmy Eat World
The Doves
Ozma
The Strokes
Green Day

bands i absolutlely love on the list:
Eels
REM
Bjork
The Pixies
The Smashing Pumpkins
Radiohead
Nirvana
Rolling Stones
Beatles
The Clash

everything else is somewhere in between. either i haven't heard enough of them or they're all right but personally bore me.

Old 04-02-2002, 10:51 PM   #20
FearFactory

Led Zeppelin - boring
Rolling Stones - eh. I'm reminded of that fucking idiot mos def rapping about how only black people are rock 'n roll and how everything the stones did, they stole.
Beatles - eh. I'm more fond of McCartney's solo work.
Ramones - eh. Besides a couple of songs, I never really heard 'em.
The Clash - Never actually gave them a listen.
Green Day - horrible
Weezer - They've got some okay songs, and some really boring ones.
Jimmy Eat World - I like "In the Middle", and I downloaded some of their songs a year or so ago. I think I thought they were okay.
The Breeders - Saw part of a video on Beavis and Butthead. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed.
The Pixies - Never actually heard them.
The Strokes - horrible
Nirvana - Took me a while to get into them. But, they're good.
Pearl Jam - boring
The Smashing Pumpkins - good music, horrible vocals and videos.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - horrible. I just can't get over the fact that anthony kiedis is so egotistical that he SWEARS Mike Patton was biting off his style. The "man" holds a grudge like no other and insisted that Mr. Bungle be kicked off of the Big Day Out tour. Once again, horrible.
Radiohead - Two good albums, three bad ones.
Sigur Ros - Never heard them, and based on the fact that everyone on netphoria talks about them - I probably never will.
Bjork - horrible. I give her "mad phat dope sick tight props" for allowing her fish to be in Faith No More's video for "Epic"
Belle And Sebastian - horrible
The Doves - I think I downloaded some of their songs, and if they're who I think they are, they're horrible.
Clinic - never heard them
The White Stripes - eh... okay, I suppose
Ozma - never heard them
Grandaddy - never heard them
Built To Spill - heard a couple songs, but not really my style
Fountains of Wayne - never heard them. I never bought into the whole "let's listen to these bands and like them because they're on Scratchie records!" thing
Gin Blossoms - only heard that jealousy single. never bothered to listen to more because I hated that fucking song.
Foo Fighters - singles band
Eels - horrible
Fugazi - never listened to, probably based on the fact that my friend Daryl likes them and he has shitty taste
Death By Pencil - great
Pink Floyd - they sound so wonderful on the best of Pink Floyd CD commercial, but when you actually hear the songs, they're pretty boring
The Magnetic Fields - never heard em
Polaris - never heard them
REM - singles band
U2 - singles band

Old 04-02-2002, 11:00 PM   #21
Debaser

Red face

I'm wondering why everybody hates the shit out of Ozma?!

I would understand if your opinion was from listening to the novelty song, "Natalie Portman", which is definitely a love it/hate it (actually mostly hate it) song thats not even sung by the regular lead singer. It's not a typical Ozma song...

"Battlescars" would be a better example to check out. Any song that starts off with the melody of final fantasy and harkens back to the good old days of an emotional weezer fuckin rox. If you like weezer and still hate Ozma after hearing "Battlescars" then I'm completely baffled.

Old 04-02-2002, 11:10 PM   #22
bittertrance

this thread lack electronic pulses and digital scars

Old 04-02-2002, 11:31 PM   #23
sawdust restaurants

I have read most of the respones http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/redface.gif

Led Zeppelin -- great band and wildly influential, although I never could get into them as much as other people could, and I think they're a bit overrated musically.
Rolling Stones -- Also overrated, but still a damn good band, and "Sympathy for the Devil" is one of the best driving songs ever.
Beatles -- fuck the cliches. Greatest band ever. Period.
Ramones -- Love them. Any band that can pick up the guitar and make three-chord songs that are that fun, that energetic, and that damn catchy is a great rock and roll band.
The Clash -- I'm more down with the Ramones style of punk than theirs, but they're still a good band. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with "Rock the Casbah" though.
Green Day -- Good enough, although a bit overrated. I am one of the few people who think their new stuff is better than their old stuff. "Macy's Day Parade" owns you.
Weezer -- One of my favorite bands. Criticize them all you want, but you'll never be one-hundredth as catchy.
Jimmy Eat World -- A few good songs; older stuff is better. The chicks in their videos need to gain weight.
The Breeders -- Anything related to the Pixies is a good deal. (Haha! Get it!) I actually own a t-shirt of theirs that my lit journal adviser got me at their concert, and I wear it proudly.
The Pixies -- "YOU FUCKIN' DIE!" "What?" "I SAID YOU FUCKIN' DIE!" http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif
The Strokes -- Not as good as the White Stripes, but Julian Casablancas IS Lou Reed.
Nirvana -- Great band. Bleach is good, Nevermind is great, and In Utero is arguably the best punk record ever made. Overrated as influential artists, but not as songwriters.
Pearl Jam -- The single most respect-worthy band on the planet is also one of the better rock acts America has, and certainly the best at what they're doing, which is making solid, guitar-based, Neil-Young-esque records.
The Smashing Pumpkins -- After you get over major depression, you don't love them as much, but I still just got done listening to MCIS, and Siamese Dream is still one of the best albums ever.
Red Hot Chili Peppers -- Overrated, but they've got some good songs.
Radiohead -- A decent pop-rock album, a damn good pop-rock album, the best album of the last 20 years, a damn good electronica/rock fusion, and a scattershot but often brilliant electronica/rock fusion. Throw in two great EP's and a wealth of other b-side goodness and it all adds up to one of, if not the, greatest bands of the 1990's.
Sigur Ros -- Very, very pretty stuff.
Bjork -- Good. I need to get more into her.
Belle And Sebastian -- Good, but overrated.
The Doves -- Haven't heard enough to form an opinion.
Clinic -- See above.
The White Stripes -- Hands down, White Blood Cells is the best album of 2001. Every single song on that album is my favorite rock song. Older stuff is good, but it can't touch WBC.
Ozma -- Enjoyable Weezer clones, but nothing tremendously special.
Grandaddy -- I love them, and I'm pissed that I missed them on tour with Elliott Smith, another fine musical artist (although Figure 8 kind of sucks).
Built To Spill -- My second favorite Warner Brothers signee, right behind Flaming Lips. Perfect From Now On and Keep It Like a Secret are both incredible, amazing albums, and There's Nothing Wrong With Love has "Car," the best song of all time.
Fountains of Wayne -- They're ok.
Gin Blossoms -- They're lame.
Foo Fighters -- Fun, catchy, good, not great.
Eels -- And my girlfriend thinks Radiohead is morose. Still, they're good.
Fugazi -- I like them, but I don't own any of their albums.
Death By Pencil -- They need to shave.
Pink Floyd -- Some of their stuff is vastly overrated. Dark Side and Wish You Were Here are great. The Wall is crap.
The Magnetic Fields -- Merritt is just a damn good songwriter. I don't own any of 69 Love Songs but I've got some tunage on my hard drive and it sounds great.
Polaris -- <3 Pete & Pete.
R.E.M. -- The single most underappreciated band on this board. R.E.M. are just as important as the Pixies, and to me, they're even better (and I love the Pixies). If they're not the best band of the last 20 years, they're undeniably in the top three.
U2 -- We all remember my "U2 is overrated" thread, but really, I do like them quite a bit. Achtung Baby is jaw-dropping, and a lot of their earlier stuff is damn good as well. The last ten years haven't been so kind to them, although there really are some good songs on ATYCLB.

Old 04-02-2002, 11:47 PM   #24
Smack Me In My Mouth

Quote:
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants:
The Wall is crap.
Didn't we already have this discussion?

By the way, I never mentioned that I'm digging your new name.

Old 04-03-2002, 12:05 AM   #25
Fathoms (unadored)

Led Zeppelin-Good. Though Plants vocals are too much at times.
Rolling Stones-Like half they're discography, dislike the other.
Beatles-Great. Though too silly some of the time.
Ramones-Meh, I don't like.
The Clash-Okay
Green Day-Lots of duds, lots of good ones.
Weezer-Good
Jimmy Eat World-Terrible.
The Breeders-No comment
The Pixies-Good
The Strokes-Don't like.
Nirvana-Great.
Pearl Jam-Sometimes great, sometimes bland.
The Smashing Pumpkins-Great.
Red Hot Chili Peppers-Some good songs, most are just unlistenably funkadelic.
Radiohead-Great.
Sigur Ros-Great.
Bjork-Good.
Foo Fighters-Good, have yet to hit potential.
Pink Floyd-Great, though not perfect.
REM-Brilliant at times.
U2-I like the late eightees early nintees material.

Old 04-03-2002, 12:12 AM   #26
Undone

I read all of them too, and lamayoed at FearFactory's ;D

Led Zeppelin: I used to have a few albums, but I just couldn't get into them.

Rolling Stones: I judge them harshly, even after not hearing much of their music. What I have heard annoys me.

Beatles: Only own Abbey Road. I sinfully neglect this band.

Ramones: The gods have been telling me to check them out.

The Clash: Ditto. I'm horribly ignorant on many bands.

Green Day: Fun, catchy. Don't mind them.

Weezer: I have Pinkerton and thinks it's alright. I've heard their other albums and haven't been too impressed. What's the big deal?

Jimmy Eat World: Only heard a few songs; they seemed ok.

The Breeders: I HAVE TO GET AN ALBUM.

The Pixies: My second favorite band. Disturbing stories in the guise of insanely hyper and catchy tunes. They're a tricky bunch. Bands still shamelessly rip from the Pixies...shit, half of them don't even KNOW they are ripping from the Pixies.

The Strokes: Never heard.

Nirvana: I am torn on Nirvana. They were needed at the time, but I could never get into them.

Pearl Jam: Like the singles.

The Smashing Pumpkins: I think they'll always be number one for me. Beauty in imperfection. I can't get too pissy about Machina b/c it's good to see what a band is doing even if I don't get that into it. Prolific, creative, transcendental. They made me love music.

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Never cared.

Radiohead: Used to be my second favorite band. Wonderful music and lyrics, but I find it hard to keep connected with them. It's a rare thing that they survived past PH and became a great band. Awesome live band.

Sigur Ros: Von and Agaetis Byrjun are strange and lovely albums. I wish I didn't miss their touring.

Bjork: I feel an obsession coming on with her. An inspiration to women musicians and musicians in general to trek creative territory. Vespertine is amazing.

Belle And Sebastian: Only have Arab Strap, and it took me FOREVER to like it. Now I enjoy it and love the lyrics, but can't listen to it very often.

The Doves: Never heard.
Clinic: Never heard of.
The White Stripes: Never heard.
Ozma:Never heard of.

Grandaddy: D/led a few mp3s and was intrigued.

Built To Spill: I'm ignorant on them.
Fountains of Wayne: See above.

Gin Blossoms: Eh.
Foo Fighters: Don't do much for me.
Eels: I want to get an album.
Fugazi: Ignorant.
Death By Pencil: ditto

Pink Floyd: Crazy band. I <3 them but find it annoying when a band isn't consistent in quality. And I disagree that Piper is the best http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif; sorry you'll have to hate me.

The Magnetic Fields: Ignorant.
Polaris: Never heard of.
REM: I never got anything out of listening to them.
U2: They're all right. Tons of bands have the Bono-voiced lead singer now.

Old 04-03-2002, 12:23 AM   #27
Boseph

Led Zeppelin - amazing; highly innovative and influential.

Rolling Stones - their early stuff is great

Beatles - one of the greatest bands of all time, and definately the most important.

Ramones - haven't heard eough of them to form an opinion

The Clash - haven't heard much, but i should check them out.

Green Day - good fun band. i like them a lot.

Weezer - ditto

Jimmy Eat World - crap. really, they suck.

The Breeders - haven't heard them

The Pixies - i just got come one pilgrim/ surfer rosa a couple of days ago, but i love it. i'm going to get the rest of their albums as soon as i can afford to.

The Strokes - i love the strokes. is this it is a great album.

Nirvana - my 3rd favorite band of all time. in utero is one of the greatest albums ever made

Pearl Jam - great band, my 4th favorite. they manage to keep on putting out great albums.

The Smashing Pumpkins - the greatest band of all time.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - i only have californication but i love it. i've been meaning to pick up some of their other albums for a while now.

Radiohead - my 2nd favorite band. currently the best band out there.

Sigur Ros - i haven't heard them, but i've heard a lot of good things. i've been meaning to give them a listen.

Bjork - she's talented, but she annoys the hell out of me.

Belle And Sebastian - haven't heard them.

The Doves - haven't heard
Clinic - haven't heard

The White Stripes - haven't heard

Ozma - haven't heard

Grandaddy - haven't heard

Built To Spill - haven't heard

Fountains of Wayne - haven't heard

Gin Blossoms - haven't heard

Foo Fighters - i only have the colour and the shape but i think it's a great album. i saw them live and they were amazing.

Eels - haven't heard

Fugazi - haven't heard

Death By Penci - haven't heard

Pink Floyd - one of the greatest bands of all time.

The Magnetic Fields - haven't heard

Polaris - haven't heard

REM - 5th favorite band.

U2 - another of my favorite bands.

Old 04-03-2002, 12:31 AM   #28
fallontears

Arrow

Led Zeppelin- Great
Rolling Stones- Gods
Beatles- Gods
Ramones- Good
The Clash- Good
Green Day- Good when I was a teenager...
Weezer- used to be good, now they are kinda stuck in a rut
Jimmy Eat World- no opinion
The Breeders- ok
The Pixies- good
The Strokes- good
Nirvana- good
Pearl Jam- good
The Smashing Pumpkins- who?
Red Hot Chili Peppers- ok
Radiohead- ok
Sigur Ros- don't really see anything here
Bjork- too freaky for me
Belle And Sebastian- what I've heard is cool
The Doves- no clue
Clinic- no opinion
The White Stripes- great
Ozma- have yet to make up my mind
Grandaddy- no clue
Built To Spill- good
Fountains of Wayne- good
Gin Blossoms- ok
Foo Fighters- ok
Eels- good
Fugazi- no opinion, but from what I've heard, good
Death By Penci- no clue
Pink Floyd- great
The Magnetic Fields- would love to know more about...
Polaris- no clue
REM- excellent
U2- good

------------------
I miss the innocence I've known, playing kiss covers, beautiful and stoned.- Jeff Tweedy

Wanna trade? -
fallontears.8m.com/THE%20LIST.html

Old 04-03-2002, 12:37 AM   #29
Mayfuck

Quote:
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants:
but Julian Casablancas IS Lou Reed.
*discredits everything you post on the music forum from now on*

Old 04-03-2002, 12:41 AM   #30
Travis Meeks

Lightbulb

Led Zeppelin-the best