Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-25-2018, 08:58 PM   #1
pinetree
Ownz

Default advice

Clearly, everyone here, at one point in their lives was a big fan of SP. Most of us were probably teens in the 90s. The music was fucking awesome in junior high school. It immediately takes me back to my first girlfriend, the awkward feelings of growing up, the confusions of youth, and just strong nostalgia in general. I used to post here all the time a long time ago. Life was different then. Easy, simple, not scary. I remember buying machina with rolls of quarters the day it came out. I remember some kind soul on netphoria snail mailing me the machina 2 cdr's. I didn't pay much attention after that, because tbh zwan fucking sucked and so did everything else after that. Now I'm back here almost 20 years later. I guess being adjusted to adulthood and parenthood allows for more time and reflection than the roarin 20s. I never got the chance to see SP live until now, and now that I finally get the chance, I can't help but realize how AWFUL bc is (or at least makes himself appear to be) -- selfish, childish, egotistical. ... He seriously has so much in common with trump. So I want to realize my youthful dream of seeing SP live... And enjoy hearing those songs live....but just thinking of BC'S attitude and behavior makes me throw up in my mouth a little. What should I do? !?!?!?

Old 02-25-2018, 09:00 PM   #2
slunken
Virgo

Get fucked.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:00 PM   #3
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Use paragraphs.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Stop caring so much. Its just a band.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:01 PM   #5
cork_soaker
full of longing

I WAS BORN AT A VERY YOUNG AGE

Old 02-25-2018, 09:03 PM   #6
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
I never got the chance to see SP live until now, and now that I finally get the chance
it's just one gig, as long as you don't pay 200 bucks for a ticket, how much can it hurt, and you can file SP under "seen live once, done."

between never having heard JC live and Corgan being a dick, I'd pick JC for a cheap-ish ticket.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:12 PM   #7
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Use paragraphs.
Eat a dick

Old 02-25-2018, 09:14 PM   #8
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Stop caring so much. Its just a band.

I'm drunk and relaxing by reliving the netphoria experience. Thought I'd post some semi personal thoughts. Also, eat a dick

Old 02-25-2018, 09:15 PM   #9
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
it's just one gig, as long as you don't pay 200 bucks for a ticket, how much can it hurt, and you can file SP under "seen live once, done."

between never having heard JC live and Corgan being a dick, I'd pick JC for a cheap-ish ticket.

True... I'll wait a few months and check out stubhub... Since there's really a zero percent chance of a sell out

Old 02-25-2018, 09:15 PM   #10
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
Get fucked.

I don't understand

Old 02-25-2018, 10:07 PM   #11
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

D: All of the above

Old 02-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #12
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Clearly, everyone here, at one point in their lives was a big fan of SP. Most of us were probably teens in the 90s. The music was fucking awesome in junior high school. It immediately takes me back to my first girlfriend, the awkward feelings of growing up, the confusions of youth, and just strong nostalgia in general. I used to post here all the time a long time ago. Life was different then. Easy, simple, not scary. I remember buying machina with rolls of quarters the day it came out. I remember some kind soul on netphoria snail mailing me the machina 2 cdr's. I didn't pay much attention after that, because tbh zwan fucking sucked and so did everything else after that. Now I'm back here almost 20 years later. I guess being adjusted to adulthood and parenthood allows for more time and reflection than the roarin 20s. I never got the chance to see SP live until now, and now that I finally get the chance, I can't help but realize how AWFUL bc is (or at least makes himself appear to be) -- selfish, childish, egotistical. ... He seriously has so much in common with trump. So I want to realize my youthful dream of seeing SP live... And enjoy hearing those songs live....but just thinking of BC'S attitude and behavior makes me throw up in my mouth a little. What should I do? !?!?!?
Well, here's some scenarios:

1. You don't go, and you regret it because you always wanted to see SP.
2. You don't go, Billy continues to be a shithead. You don't regret it.
3. You go. It sucks balls. You regret it. But at least you don't wonder what you might have missed.
4. You go. It's good. In those moments you forget that Billy Corgan is a jerk and have an orgasmic nostalgia trip straight to middle school.

I'd probably go if I'd never seen them before. As is, I'll go if tickets go on groupon for really cheap. Maybe.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:19 PM   #13
Ram27
dumb

I've seen Jimmy play Geek USA and Tonight, Tonight and Cash Car Star 5 feet away from me. I've shook his hand and said words to him and he said words back

I don't need Billy fucking Corgan to launch a cash grab reunion tour for me to find musical salvation

Old 02-25-2018, 10:28 PM   #14
HerVelvetSpleen
Pledge

I'm in the same boat and I'm going. I don't want to give some asshole Trump apologist my money but I'm looking at it as something I'm doing for myself. Yes, Billy will profit from it. Yes, Billy is a douche and I wonder how I'm going to feel about that at the concert. I just know I would regret never seeing them.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:31 PM   #15
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

We welcome you to the Netphoria Family Group and hope you will find in this fellowship the help and friendship we have been privileged to enjoy.

We who live, or have lived, with the problem of Billy Corgan understand as perhaps few others can. We, too, were lonely and frustrated, but in Netphoria we discover that no situation is really hopeless and that it is possible for us to find contentment, and even happiness, whether The Smashing Pumpkins are still touring or not.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:32 PM   #16
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerVelvetSpleen View Post
I'm in the same boat and I'm going. I don't want to give some asshole Trump apologist my money but I'm looking at it as something I'm doing for myself. Yes, Billy will profit from it. Yes, Billy is a douche and I wonder how I'm going to feel about that at the concert. I just know I would regret never seeing them.
I'm gonna go, but buy tickets from the secondary market that way he doesn't get my $ and they'll be cheaper

Old 02-25-2018, 11:17 PM   #17
TheAeroplane
Demi-God

If you've never seen them live, go do it at least once. Try not to focus too much on Billy's flaws. We're all imperfect.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:18 AM   #18
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_soaker View Post
I WAS BORN AT A VERY YOUNG AGE
I feel for you

Old 02-26-2018, 12:55 AM   #19
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
your life is nearly over.. do whatever the hell you want.. MAGA

Last edited by enthusaroo : 02-26-2018 at 01:12 AM.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:45 AM   #20
DemonUnicorns
Ownz

Is this post real

Are you serious

Old 02-26-2018, 03:46 AM   #21
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonUnicorns View Post
Is this post real

Are you serious
your mom is serious

Old 02-26-2018, 04:07 AM   #22
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

if you think everything after 2000 sucks, you probably shouldn't go.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:07 PM   #23
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Eat a dick
You sound like a trashy alcoholic dad. Maybe stay home and try to save your marriage?

Old 02-26-2018, 07:34 PM   #24
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
You sound like a trashy alcoholic dad. Maybe stay home and try to save your marriage?
What if she wants to go with me? She is a good example of an average 30 something alt rock fan who says she wants to go to the concert, doesn't know and doesn't care about any of the BC and/or darcy drama. As to the validity of your assumptions, don't be a dick, you don't know me. The reason I said "eat a dick" is because people were being rude to me after I posted a totally inoffensive and genuine post (having spent many hours per day on this site for years before most of you even knew netphoria existed, I admittedly shouldve known better). Also, fuck you, don't talk to me anymore.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:53 PM   #25
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

You got it captain.