Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: can Billy still make a great album?
I still believe 32 32.99%
I am losing faith 28 28.87%
I lost faith with Zeitgeist 20 20.62%
He lost it years ago 17 17.53%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2010, 02:48 AM   #31
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

my favorite tool album is led zeppelin iii

Old 03-22-2010, 03:05 AM   #32
Space Girl 1979
Ownz

I've always been into Tool's Chronic 1992 demo tapes

Old 03-22-2010, 03:31 AM   #33
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

yeah the chronic is a good tool album, but i think illmatic is better

Old 03-22-2010, 03:50 AM   #34
DiscoJon
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermcphilp View Post
He has a Zwan song left.
Fixed

Old 03-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #35
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

Find the River is my favorite Radiohead song.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #36
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I'm not into folk rap, so I don't really listen to either Tool or Radiohead.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #37
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

Been spendin most my life livin in an amish paradise...

Old 03-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #38
Gish08
Apocalyptic Poster

Hmm. So only 28 still believe while 54 of us feel as though they are losing faith, lost it with Shitegeist, or lost it quite some time ago.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:16 PM   #39
EyesOfAJackal
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arCHI View Post
i sort of agree. i think billy can still write grood new music it just seems that his idea of 'modern music' or 'popular music' is really fucked up.

a lot of the residency songs were good. the bonus part of IAGW with the band playing acoustically was great. billy can write good songs, if anything it is his aesthetic that is lacking. he is trying too hard to make his music sound unique...

if billy recorded an album that was mostly acoustic it would probably be really good. he needs to accept the fact that he is not a rock god, or a trendsetter anymore and just write some good songs.
Yes. I think he's also gotten to the point where his issues are overpowering his music-making. In the past, I think his struggles gave him the ability to uniquely express really tortured and beautiful emotions, sonically and lyrically, and uniquely connect with audiences.

Now, it's getting to the point where his destructive relationships (critically with Jimmy) and insistence on being stubborn in concert and seemingly being completely opposed to crowd-pleasing are taking their toll (I know he's always had an element of this, it's just getting out of control now).

I just want Billy to stop trying so hard to be himself or whatever it is he is doing and just let it flow. I think he's still got some magic in him.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #40
charade
Pledge

yeah I`m a fan for so long that I really can`t remember where it starts...I`m just joking... but at least I`m a huge pumpkins fan for 15 fucking years.

corgan`s music made my life really worth living and for 9 years now it`s a reason beeing annoyed, sad and depressed the sam time. it`s like that I shall pay all the great music from one decade afterwards by suffer from his foremost shitty tunes of this decade. ...how loyal has a fan to be when nothing of his star is extant? now obviously this star gets sold on ebay.

it has taken its toll, because I don`t buy his albums since tfe. still I am so used to corgan and the pumpkins that I click on the homepage daily and that`s no fun...
because it starts with strawberry piss paintings...and the music sounds like the painting look...

though 4 songs are really good (not great) on tfe there are to many bad songs so why pay? maybe some day I will pay for the 4 mp3s, this would be fair.

chicaco songs. some songs made me almost cry. it`s a shame that he doesn`t come out with these and prefers these shitty residency songs. also some zwan-b-sites were quite good for the style of music.. so because zwan was intended to not be an alternative rock-band this was a good "indie" or maybe "folk-rock" band. in both cases he doesn`t release it and I must wonder why.

his participation on a scorpions song and also for jimmy`s solo-album was pure crap. even many songs of the zeitgeist aera are pure shit. so how can I enjoy the few good songs if he mix it up with shit? how can you enjoy some honey if you mix it with hmm maybe...piss... or sperm? ok maybe you guys like sperm, but I suppose you don`t and your girlfriends like it a lot better.
so physically spoken whats the result if you mix good songs with bad song...zero!? this would ironic, because "zero" was a good song! ;-)

everything after zeitgeist is really a disaster. in my opinion itīs a little wonder or kind of black magic how the quality of the songs could sink any further.

the "american gothic EP" (rose march as only more or less good song)
"glow"...a song that pretends by hard guitars it were a pumpkins-song but musically it`s really boring...
"superchrist" (only good because of the drums and this is due to jimmy! so the worst part in superchrist is then billy starts singing... )
"FOL" (together with "as rome burns" a song that goes a little more in the direction of the origin pumpkins sound but still these songs sound like corgan tryin to copy his own band.)

teargarden.
this is were every pumpkinsfan must cry, so I don`t believe there will be any flowers in this teargarden.... maybe teargarden is a subtle message from corgan that he is too depressed to write good music anymore....

everytime I listen to teargarden-songs I can feel that they mirror corgan`s depressing life. there is something in this music that reflects a sick state of mind. so the negative energies come from him and he thinks our reaction were the negative energy but this ain`t true, it`s just true that some people react in a very insulting way to his new music that may be hurtful for him and others do their best to still protect him and want to be the last fan standing. so some people are way less "reactive"...

a zeitgeist-concert were quite a good concert if he would be more picky with the songs. "tarantula", "death from above", "stellar", "daydream" (vers. 2), "that`s the way" as acoustic version, "gosammer", maybe "doomsday clock" too and "neverlost".
and if he would sing it not in this stoic way and with more feeling and agression like in the 90ies I had kept my faith in this re-formed pumpkins.... I must admit the forementioned songs are not as great as machina but quite ok. a good starting point for a new picture.
but his stoic way of singing and unbelievable bad songs like "pomp & circumstance", "bring the light", "com on" (letīs go], "starz", "united states" make this album a disaster. I would kill everyone who likes these songs instantly for having such a bad taste in music!

I can`t protect corgan anymore. if he had made this music under a new bandname this would be ok. many old bands have new bands today and got still attention (..white strips, qotsa).

the zwan-album, then a solo-album, chicago songs, then a new band... so no need and pressure to reach the pumpkins-level but still the "chance" to reach it one day.
I guess for the third time we all had exused that his new songs can`t compete with the smashing pumpkins or even some new bands.

it had saved the old pumpkins catalog, had made it possible to suggest the whole smashing pumpkins to others. basically it has saved the myth of the almighty smashing pumpkins. after everyone has left exept the 12year-old drummer he should do the same. new bandname, new start. if a pc turns blue you can try to make a restart. but if he still crashes you should change your system. so no "pumpkins 2.0"! he could name his new band "teargarden". then he could release some stuff for people that are interested in his old pumpkins catalog. if there are people who really like his bluegrass folk hippy shit tunes then this is strange but ok to me. but we are forgotten by him for over 8 years now.
the re-union wasn`t a re-union, it even wasn`t smashing pumpkins. I feel betrayed. just a re-union tour with only the old songs (or some re-arrangements of old songs) had been much better.

and he should think about his old 90ies fans and new fans that like the pumpkins for their old songs. he should offer some of the old pumpkins-work in any form.

if it`s just about success he has no chance to be successful again with this teargarden-music. it`s not a direction he is talented for. he should made a real brutal album and then everyone who also liked mellon colllie would support again. this could easily be 8 million again. and if you think about all the things that went wrong an agressive music is the only form of emotion that would be able to heal corgan again and would seem more authentic than his eso-shit-chats.

I don`t understand this world. look, corgan is a funny, intelligent, handsome man, he deserves a really beautiful and nice girlfriend but it seems that no girl is really interested in him. isn`t there any nice girl for billy corgan among the pumpkins-fans either? why doesn`t he date some of them? today I`m so angry that I even can`t tolerate it that he makes music anymore. he should stop it and should only come back if he can write good music again. in the mean time he can release some books, I would buy them all I would even donate for corgan but please no more shit-songs! please no more, it hurts! so don` fuck with us corgan, don`t dare!
I don`t like that you`re doing because I think you got no talent for the kind of music you try to create. it`s not that I want you to do what I want. I just beg, I just suggest.
it`s just that I think the new tunes are no good, so that`s why I can`t be happy with it and I won`t buy it in any form. I won`t buy and "I`m one of many more to come", for sure! because since I`ve started to listen to the pumpkins I KNOW what good music is. and I don`t let the mastermind behind the pumpkins destroy my favourite band and his own reputation. so don`t dare to write shit music again, corgan, don`t dare!

Old 03-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #41
Spira|_
Apocalyptic Poster

After listen to SP3 songs, I really do believe Billy stills have something to give.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:20 PM   #42
redbull
Immortal

Yfrog - b14 - Uploaded by stroughtonsmith

Old 04-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #43
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

Lemme just say for the forum as a whole: TLDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
yeah I`m a fan for so long that I really can`t remember where it starts...I`m just joking... but at least I`m a huge pumpkins fan for 15 fucking years.

corgan`s music made my life really worth living and for 9 years now it`s a reason beeing annoyed, sad and depressed the sam time. it`s like that I shall pay all the great music from one decade afterwards by suffer from his foremost shitty tunes of this decade. ...how loyal has a fan to be when nothing of his star is extant? now obviously this star gets sold on ebay.

it has taken its toll, because I don`t buy his albums since tfe. still I am so used to corgan and the pumpkins that I click on the homepage daily and that`s no fun...
because it starts with strawberry piss paintings...and the music sounds like the painting look...

though 4 songs are really good (not great) on tfe there are to many bad songs so why pay? maybe some day I will pay for the 4 mp3s, this would be fair.

chicaco songs. some songs made me almost cry. it`s a shame that he doesn`t come out with these and prefers these shitty residency songs. also some zwan-b-sites were quite good for the style of music.. so because zwan was intended to not be an alternative rock-band this was a good "indie" or maybe "folk-rock" band. in both cases he doesn`t release it and I must wonder why.

his participation on a scorpions song and also for jimmy`s solo-album was pure crap. even many songs of the zeitgeist aera are pure shit. so how can I enjoy the few good songs if he mix it up with shit? how can you enjoy some honey if you mix it with hmm maybe...piss... or sperm? ok maybe you guys like sperm, but I suppose you don`t and your girlfriends like it a lot better.
so physically spoken whats the result if you mix good songs with bad song...zero!? this would ironic, because "zero" was a good song! ;-)

everything after zeitgeist is really a disaster. in my opinion itīs a little wonder or kind of black magic how the quality of the songs could sink any further.

the "american gothic EP" (rose march as only more or less good song)
"glow"...a song that pretends by hard guitars it were a pumpkins-song but musically it`s really boring...
"superchrist" (only good because of the drums and this is due to jimmy! so the worst part in superchrist is then billy starts singing... )
"FOL" (together with "as rome burns" a song that goes a little more in the direction of the origin pumpkins sound but still these songs sound like corgan tryin to copy his own band.)

teargarden.
this is were every pumpkinsfan must cry, so I don`t believe there will be any flowers in this teargarden.... maybe teargarden is a subtle message from corgan that he is too depressed to write good music anymore....

everytime I listen to teargarden-songs I can feel that they mirror corgan`s depressing life. there is something in this music that reflects a sick state of mind. so the negative energies come from him and he thinks our reaction were the negative energy but this ain`t true, it`s just true that some people react in a very insulting way to his new music that may be hurtful for him and others do their best to still protect him and want to be the last fan standing. so some people are way less "reactive"...

a zeitgeist-concert were quite a good concert if he would be more picky with the songs. "tarantula", "death from above", "stellar", "daydream" (vers. 2), "that`s the way" as acoustic version, "gosammer", maybe "doomsday clock" too and "neverlost".
and if he would sing it not in this stoic way and with more feeling and agression like in the 90ies I had kept my faith in this re-formed pumpkins.... I must admit the forementioned songs are not as great as machina but quite ok. a good starting point for a new picture.
but his stoic way of singing and unbelievable bad songs like "pomp & circumstance", "bring the light", "com on" (letīs go], "starz", "united states" make this album a disaster. I would kill everyone who likes these songs instantly for having such a bad taste in music!

I can`t protect corgan anymore. if he had made this music under a new bandname this would be ok. many old bands have new bands today and got still attention (..white strips, qotsa).

the zwan-album, then a solo-album, chicago songs, then a new band... so no need and pressure to reach the pumpkins-level but still the "chance" to reach it one day.
I guess for the third time we all had exused that his new songs can`t compete with the smashing pumpkins or even some new bands.

it had saved the old pumpkins catalog, had made it possible to suggest the whole smashing pumpkins to others. basically it has saved the myth of the almighty smashing pumpkins. after everyone has left exept the 12year-old drummer he should do the same. new bandname, new start. if a pc turns blue you can try to make a restart. but if he still crashes you should change your system. so no "pumpkins 2.0"! he could name his new band "teargarden". then he could release some stuff for people that are interested in his old pumpkins catalog. if there are people who really like his bluegrass folk hippy shit tunes then this is strange but ok to me. but we are forgotten by him for over 8 years now.
the re-union wasn`t a re-union, it even wasn`t smashing pumpkins. I feel betrayed. just a re-union tour with only the old songs (or some re-arrangements of old songs) had been much better.

and he should think about his old 90ies fans and new fans that like the pumpkins for their old songs. he should offer some of the old pumpkins-work in any form.

if it`s just about success he has no chance to be successful again with this teargarden-music. it`s not a direction he is talented for. he should made a real brutal album and then everyone who also liked mellon colllie would support again. this could easily be 8 million again. and if you think about all the things that went wrong an agressive music is the only form of emotion that would be able to heal corgan again and would seem more authentic than his eso-shit-chats.

I don`t understand this world. look, corgan is a funny, intelligent, handsome man, he deserves a really beautiful and nice girlfriend but it seems that no girl is really interested in him. isn`t there any nice girl for billy corgan among the pumpkins-fans either? why doesn`t he date some of them? today I`m so angry that I even can`t tolerate it that he makes music anymore. he should stop it and should only come back if he can write good music again. in the mean time he can release some books, I would buy them all I would even donate for corgan but please no more shit-songs! please no more, it hurts! so don` fuck with us corgan, don`t dare!
I don`t like that you`re doing because I think you got no talent for the kind of music you try to create. it`s not that I want you to do what I want. I just beg, I just suggest.
it`s just that I think the new tunes are no good, so that`s why I can`t be happy with it and I won`t buy it in any form. I won`t buy and "I`m one of many more to come", for sure! because since I`ve started to listen to the pumpkins I KNOW what good music is. and I don`t let the mastermind behind the pumpkins destroy my favourite band and his own reputation. so don`t dare to write shit music again, corgan, don`t dare!