Price$10.00
https://www.makerecords.com/product-...the-parable-cd

Jimmy Chamberlin Complex - The Parable- 12" Vinyl
Price$20.00
https://www.makerecords.com/product-...rabol-12-vinyl

LIMITED EDITION YELLOW VINYL Jimmy Chamberlin Complex - The Parable- 12" Vinyl
Price$30.00
https://www.makerecords.com/product-...rabol-12-vinyl

MAKE is a record label by artists for artists. We are a collective of creative individuals who have come together to MAKE and release music we love.

Billy Mohler co-founder
Aaron Smart co-founder
Rachel Zager label coordinator

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 10-17-2017 at 03:47 AM.

Old 10-17-2017, 02:15 AM   #4
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Billy Mohler:

"@jimmychamberlincomplex is ALIVE! Makes sense to post it here first as this is where it all started. I posted some upright bass clips over the past couple years and those posts became the foundation for many of the songs on 'The Parable'. The clips are still in my feed. @chamberdrums and @seanwool_sten_hulme and I have been talking about making a new record for years and with the help of childhood friend @randyingram and one of the coolest dudes around @chrisspeed11 we booked one day at Sunset Sound. Jimmy, Randy and Sean flew in for one day, so with no rehearsal, and a few sketches we went for it! With @le_darth_fader on the faders and @jdanovic and @kristingram documenting the session, we recorded 6 songs two of which were written on the spot! Then just as quickly as everyone got into town, they were gone and somehow we had a record! 2 or 3 of the songs are one take, with no backups for safety😳. Upon listening to the rough mixes that @le_darth_fader made at the session we collectively decided they had the feeling of that day in them and that they were the "final" mixes. Six hours of work and completed, mixed record! From there I sent the record to another childhood friend @natewoodmusic for mastering and wah lahhh! It's been 10 years since we made our first record and I couldn't be more excited to get 'The Parable' out into the world!! Sorry for the long post ❤️❤️❤️ #makerecords #jimmychamberlincomplex #newmusic #jazz #uprightbass #bass"

Old 10-17-2017, 05:48 AM   #5
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Release concerts:
Andy's Jazz Club
Chicago, IL
Nov 17, 2017
Showtimes: 9:30pm & 11:30pm
Admission: $15
oh my god my calendar is clear that day

imma go see jimmy!

Old 10-17-2017, 05:48 AM   #6
Ram27
dumb

is there a way to buy tickets for that? or do i just show up and hope to get a spot

Old 10-17-2017, 03:45 PM   #7
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

White van

Old 10-24-2017, 01:08 AM   #8
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
is there a way to buy tickets for that? or do i just show up and hope to get a spot
b u m p

pls tell me what to do

Old 10-24-2017, 01:30 AM   #9
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

holy shit yay!

more generic jazz-flavored noodling with really wicked drums behind it

would somebody put out the fire in my ass?

Old 10-24-2017, 01:33 AM   #10
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Red face

Quote:
Billy Mohler:

"@jimmychamberlincomplex is ALIVE! Makes sense to post it here first as this is where it all started. I posted some upright bass clips over the past couple years and those posts became the foundation for many of the songs on 'The Parable'.
Quote:
Upon listening to the rough mixes that @le_darth_fader made at the session we collectively decided they had the feeling of that day in them and that they were the "final" mixes.
well gosh darnit, would you look at that? it's almost as if nobody actually gave a shit about the music, cause a certain somebody only wanted to jam out some flawless jellybelly intros!

Old 10-24-2017, 01:34 AM   #11
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
I sent the record to another childhood friend @natewoodmusic for mastering and wah lahhh!
pretty sure jimmy's in a band with foolofatook, btw

Old 10-24-2017, 02:03 AM   #12
Ram27
dumb

hahaha

Old 10-24-2017, 02:22 AM   #13
Ram27
dumb

congrats took

smoke a joint with jimmy c for me

Old 10-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #14
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

boris jazz would be great

Old 10-26-2017, 12:02 AM   #15
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
White van
This is the kind of gold that keeps this place relevant and great.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:16 AM   #16
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Yeah unlike the highly inappropriate exceedingly offensive and frankly quite tasteless Fulltoke flavoured jests.

Faugh! (followed by a contemptuous snort)

Old 10-26-2017, 02:29 AM   #17
FoolofaTook

Have fun Ram. Jimmy is a behemothoth.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:26 PM   #18
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
So difficult to send a "Website Email Question" to "[email protected]" regarding the ticket order?

http://www.andysjazzclub.com/Contact_Us.aspx

http://www.andysjazzclub.com/portals...le_Talking.jpg

Reservations

Dinner Reservations Only

We Do Not Accept Table Reservations From Non-Dining Groups.

All Dining Tables Carry a 2 Hour Seating Time Limit. After 2 Hours, We May Ask Groups Seated Longest Past 2 Hours To Relocate To The Bar Area Should There Be Demand For Reserved Seating. This Is A Rarity But, A Possibility On High Volume Nights.

Non-Dining Groups Will Be Sat On A First-Come, First-Serve Basis Upon Arrival.

Admission Is Charged To All Guests And Goes Directly Toward Paying The Performers On Stage. (Dining & Non-Dining)

All 9:30pm & 11:30pm shows are strictly 21 yr.+.

$16 to JIMMY CHAMBERLIN COMPLEX and $55 for a (voluntary?) meal?
http://www.andysjazzclub.com/Portals...%20Package.pdf

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 10-29-2017 at 03:00 AM.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:48 PM   #19
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I love generic jazz-flavored noodling with really wicked drums behind it so much more than whatever billy organ is doing atm

Old 11-01-2017, 01:50 PM   #20
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/06...,q_90/file.jpg

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/0...710c93~mv2.jpg

NO "Paranoid" on the record...

http://jazzchill.blogspot.de/2017/10....html?spref=tw

JAZZ CHILL blogspot

Monday, October 30, 2017

Jimmy Chamberlin Complex Engages in Courtship of Responsive Mimicry on Sophomore Album The Parable

Nothing quite prepares you for the surprise of being granted a wish you don't remember making. Consider the grebe.

Stumble upon a freshwater lake in spring and you might catch the ritualistic mating dance of two swanlike birds engaged in a courtship of responsive mimicry that begins with the tenderness of curled flirtatious necks and ends with an exultant dance upon the surface of water. It transcends the language we have as humans to describe it. You have to see it to believe it. If you had known about it beforehand, you would have stood lakeside and wished for it. Yet, somewhere, out in the wild, the wish you never made has already been granted.
Such is the case with The Parable, the second full-length release from the Jimmy Chamberlin Complex. Recorded in a single session, on a Wednesday this past June, at the historic Sunset Sound studio in Los Angeles, a wish was granted while the rest of us were busy tending to the tiny details of our daily lives.

Like unobserved nature, the Complex went about the important business of filling that silent studio room without quite disturbing it. The surprise of their own music-making is less like five individuals scribbling down plans and executing them with rehearsed precision and more like the kind of swan-courtship described above. We're hearing it for the first time. And so are they.

"What you hear on the record is literally the first or second attempt at playing these compositions in the room," says drummer Jimmy Chamberlin. "We just got into a room, sketched out the tunes, maybe jotted down an arrangement or two. Then, we were off to the races. We didn't want to get into forcing it too much. We wanted it to evolve in its own footprint. It freaks people out, but for me, I'm a big believer -- not in an irresponsible way -- in the idea of just letting things happen."

"It's about sharing the experience, as it happens, together," echoes Billy Mohler, bassist and producer. "This was the warmest, most inviting session. It was about holding up someone's strengths and figuring out how to strengthen a group from inside of it. You don't even think about it. You just get with the right people and it's about how we can make the best music together. It's a band. It's not a project."

These sentiments of humility drop away and the full force of a revelation hits along with the first strike of the snare drum on opener "Horus and the Pharaoh." There's something spider-like and ghostly about the guitar performance of Sean Woolstenhulme -- the very first sound you hear on The Parable -- whom both Mohler and Chamberlin give credit for the courage of joining this quintet in the first place.

"Sean's never played a jazz gig in his life," says Mohler. "Randy Ingram and Chris Speed are very modern players with firm roots in traditional jazz who have established their own place in the contemporary jazz world. Sean is not from that world at all. So, of course, we thought, 'What would Sean sound like in this traditional setting?'"

Anyone who has ever heard an early Smashing Pumpkins record will immediately recognize the snare rolls and syncopated hi-hat accents that have come to define just a part Chamberlin's "style," for whatever that word might be worth. But in the context of The Parable, you begin to realize he is the outlier in a rock setting, not the other way around.
"My sensibility as a musician was rooted around the music that I grew up with," says Chamberlin. "Being the youngest of six kids and having five brothers and sisters that were super big music fans, that could be anything from the Turtles and the Beach Boys to Steely Dan, Rickie Lee Jones, Joni Mitchell, all the way down to McCoy Tyner, Mose Allison, and Count Basie. My dad was a clarinet player, so we listened to a lot of Duke Ellington and Benny Goodman when I was a kid.

"Jazz really allows you to paint in real time," he continues. "The medium of jazz, to me, is the ultimate vehicle of self-expression for a musician. It allows you to create in the moment. Jazz is the music where it can only take five minutes to create five minutes of music. That's a much more honest place for me to live as a musician. You're painting first drafts and being OK with them. If you want to do something different, it's fine to release what you've done, just do more, and keep going."

Mohler is in complete agreement. He's already eager to get back into the studio and make three more Complex records this year. Which makes sense. If forced to find the center in this collaborative, undefined spontaneous burst of human expression by way of jazz, it's Mohler's bass performance.

The undeniable humanness of The Parable is on display with every note played -- a comfort itself in a world increasingly barreling toward the synthetic and digitized -- but it's that sound of standup bass, the strings and the wood and the hand that crawls across the fingerboard. That's what's real. That's the lesson. If a parable is meant to leave us with something useful, it's just that -- in 2017, you can call it jazz music, but it's really just the act of living translated into melody.

"There was very little talking," says Chamberlin about the session. "Words weren't necessary, because the conversation that was going on was so much deeper than anything you could say."

The Parable comes to a close, collapsing into a disappearing echo, with everything that came before it condensed into a singular vibration on the very last note of the very last track "Dance of the Grebe." Chamberlin might dismiss the song's title as evidence that he's just a self-confessed "bird freak," but let's not listen to him. Nothing is an accident, especially in art.

"The dance of the grebe is cool, right? If you've ever seen it, you would never forget it. It's like, 'What the hell is that bird doing, man?'"

Consider The Parable. Your wish has been granted in advance.

MAKE Records:
Where do you want see The Complex play in 2018??

You can answer to it on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jo1ol6xGxw

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 11-01-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:34 PM   #21
Skradgee
Boardcaster

So is the vinyl color the only reason for the different prices?

Old 11-02-2017, 04:02 PM   #22
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

so this is practically a live record
can't wait, tbh - will probably spend $ on this before i do Oh Gee La La

Old 11-02-2017, 04:40 PM   #23
FoolofaTook

That's badass. A number of Boris albums were recorded like that, live one take with minimal overdubs (flood, akuma no uta).

Old 11-02-2017, 04:41 PM   #24
FoolofaTook

And you know like boris slay right?

Old 11-02-2017, 05:19 PM   #25
myosis
Minion of Satan

it's not any more live than any typical jazz record out there

Old 11-03-2017, 05:40 AM   #26
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:

That's a pity.

...would have been nice if they included it as a hidden track at least.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #27
MarquisInSpades
Banned

This looks cool as fuck, this is going to be the first JCC album I shall be listening to

Old 11-04-2017, 06:32 PM   #28
Rocket Launcher
Apocalyptic Poster

thanks so much for the info "corgan's bluff". i am excited to listen to this. my friend whom i will hopefully go to record some serious music soon is also a drummer and says it looks promising. i knew jimmy had a lot of stuff going for him but the album release as of soon is thrilling me. even if it might suck. but since jimmy's drums are set so "loose" i think and you can hear the individual drum parts so well it should be an aural treat. at least i though this when i listened to "life begins again". i hope my friend can learn some of jimmy's chops and become better in his drumming for us to profit

Old 11-13-2017, 02:51 AM   #29
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:

The label responding on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jo1...10547454237625

Why is PARANOIA not on the album? Not compatible to the other tracks? It should at least be published on the CD. After a paranoid pause...

MAKE Records
Great question! We haven't discussed Paranoia, as The Parable has been our focus. With that said we love the track and want to officially release it. Stay tuned and thank you!!

Old 11-13-2017, 03:43 AM   #30
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

"Pre-Order has been incredible"

https://i.imgur.com/h3ERPqp.png