Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2015, 11:19 PM   #211
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Whatever the merits of vacation posts and baby pictures on FB, I think that we can all agree that seeing people post this shit just makes you want to close your browser, shut your laptop, throw it out the window, and then take a brisk walk into the ocean.

I saw this, the mum of the guy I stayed with in Indianapolis is very a very conservative and devout Catholic, and she posted it. It throws me when Christians have this attitude so I replied saying:

Quote:
As a Christian though, and accepting the gift of salvation that I did not work for, I feel I am called to work without any expectation or desire for further reward. And also that because all worldly wealth belongs first to God, we are called to share it among all His children, regardless of who 'deserves' it more...?
But I have just realised that she took me into her home as a complete stanger, fed me, let me wash my clothes, drove me around, took me to the zoo, and told me I was welcome and could stay as long as I wanted.

So now I feel like a shitstain for saying anything. She is a really wonderful lady and the truth is she would help anyone who asked for it.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:28 PM   #212
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Taking you to the zoo was a bit racist of her.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:32 PM   #213
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

The first place she drove me was church. She said "What kind of church do you go to, back in New Zealand?" and I didn't know what to say, because my parents never took me to church. But I knew my grandfather was an ordained Presby minister so I just said "Presbyterian" and she drove me to the local church, so I knew where it was. Then she took me on a tour of their neighbourhood...there were lots of really big old homes. Apparently they did a tour every summer, of various distinctive old homes. Their house was beautiful...but she drove me around, pointing out paint colours and saying "What were they thinking??". She's so funny. I love her.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:40 PM   #214
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Notice how she was focusing on colour?

Racist.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:46 PM   #215
vixnix
Socialphobic

Fortunately I was in my second winter in a row at that point so I might have just slipped under the radar as looking Mediterranean.

Seriously though, her family housed refugees from Cambodia for like a year. I mean they had 6 children, and took in an additional, complete family, for a year until the family had the means to support themselves. So she was totally not racist.

The wall facing the marital bed was plastered from corner to corner in paintings of Jesus. I kid you not. Anglo-Jesus, of course. But Jesus all the same. She is a very dedicated Christian.

Pretty sure I will be struck down if I say anything bad about her.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:50 PM   #216
buzzard
Minion of Satan

She probably had a similarly magnificent picture of Pol Pot up, during their stay. Just to remind them of what happens to those that get too big for their boots.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:57 PM   #217
vixnix
Socialphobic

She is definitely very anti abortion and less publicly anti-marriage-equality, and she can't stand anything even remotely to do with the Democrats, I think because of that. So she has her elements that would offend people. But she's actually a very kind and generous person. I dunno. I like to have people from all over the spectrum posting stuff to my feed because it reminds me of how we're all human, at the end of the day.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:27 AM   #218
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i'm gonna make this one post and then i'm done with you for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
heres some advice, shut the fuck up and find peace or kill yourself

thats it
saying this to a person who made a suicide thread a couple of months ago is low. really low. even for you. you're a disgusting, horrible person.
i wonder what mental gymnastics you're gonna do to justify that one to yourself.

Quote:
passive aggressive? DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT EVEN MEANS?

fuck, man
i meant that you were being excessively and needlessly obnoxious, and then covered it all up with some BLAZE WEED joke that rendered it all humorous.
this isn't complicated. fuck you

Quote:
teh b0lly is just mad that i noticed that every time he brings up something about gender it's always implying that men get a raw deal or reinforcing some negative stereotype about women
this stuff is 100% all in your PC-bullshit loaded delusional brain.
you're literally shoving your bullshit up people's throats so you can have your reason to lash out at them. i'm not mra or think men got a "Raw deal" or whatever stupid bullshit it is you're trying to impose on me.

i'm gonna go the eulogy path from now on and just ignore you.
feel free to go on doing your hypocritical, poisonous, complete filth of a human being thing. i won't be responding to you anymore

Old 09-17-2015, 12:38 AM   #219
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I'm really glad you're still around, teh bolly, for what it's worth. Trots just calm down, please.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:26 AM   #220
Eulogy
huh

I like that telling teh bolly to get over it or kill himself is a sign of finding inner peace to sonic johnny

Old 09-17-2015, 08:29 AM   #221
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
im trying to IDGAF and smoke mad weed
how's that working out for you?

Old 09-17-2015, 08:32 AM   #222
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
I like that telling teh bolly to get over it or kill himself is a sign of finding inner peace to sonic johnny
yeah cause that was obviously the bit of trots' string of posts I was referring to when I made that comment.

I have better things to do w my time than get into an argument about this with you though cause you've clearly already decided what I was saying.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:38 AM   #223
Cool As Ice Cream

INNER PISS

Old 09-17-2015, 08:38 AM   #224
Cool As Ice Cream

SO FUCKING ANGRY

Old 09-17-2015, 09:01 AM   #225
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
yeah cause that was obviously the bit of trots' string of posts I was referring to when I made that comment.

I have better things to do w my time than get into an argument about this with you though cause you've clearly already decided what I was saying.
Just found it to be a contextually bizarre observation. Nothing to argue about.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #226
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i'm gonna make this one post and then i'm done with you for good.
i feel bad for you

it's sad how you think you're different than you percieve me to be, you have done nothing but post some of the most acidic misanthropic anger on here for months now

what's the goal here? Do you want to get better or do you just want to wallow in your misery?

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 09-17-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #227
Trotskilicious
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
you obviously do not have depression

Old 09-17-2015, 02:11 PM   #228
Trotskilicious
Banned

"I am now the most miserable man living. If what I feel were equally distributed to the whole human family, there would not be one cheerful face on the earth. Whether I shall ever be better I can not tell; I awfully forebode I shall not. To remain as I am is impossible; I must die or be better, it appears to me." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Old 09-17-2015, 02:44 PM   #229
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
"I am now the most miserable man living. If what I feel were equally distributed to the whole human family, there would not be one cheerful face on the earth. Whether I shall ever be better I can not tell; I awfully forebode I shall not. To remain as I am is impossible; I must die or be better, it appears to me." ~ Abraham Lincoln
In light of these wise words from a famous depressed man, it probably would had been more appropriate for you not to wish suicide upon a depressed person, but rather assassination at John Wilkes Booths' hand.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:47 PM   #230
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I'd like to clarify that I do not wish death on anybody here. Well, at least not for a little while. It'd be irresponsible of me to upset the cycle of life by wishing immortality upon any one of you, so you'll all have to die eventually. But we have some time until then. I'll let you all know when.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:51 PM   #231
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
you obviously do not have depression
is it a world where inner peace & death wishes can co-exist peacefully

because darn, if that's the case, i guess i was never really depressed at all, m'self!

Old 09-17-2015, 03:05 PM   #232
Trotskilicious
Banned

if you dont have suicidal thoughts i have trouble believing you have clinical depression tbh

i didnt wish death on anyone, do you guys know the suicide rate for clinical depression and bipolar?

Old 09-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #233
Shallowed
Braindead

Trots you're being a huge dick and a hypocrite. Shall I bring up one of the many threads where you've wallowed in your own misery and depression, lashing out at anyone trying to help you? Granted, a lot of the advice you received was really unhelpful, but what you're saying to teh bolly is unhelpful of the highest order. Jesus Christ, actually suggesting a suicidal person to kill themselves. Do you remember the bollocking we gave to fuzzy for doing the same thing? At least he didn't have the gall to clothe it in apathetic weed and Rick and Morty references. Your whole tangential response to teh holly is as ill timed as your numerous unrelated reminders that you had a brief but messy relationship with somene you met on the internet. Go be enlightened somewhere else, because it makes you more of an inconsiderate asshole than usual.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #234
Trotskilicious
Banned

well if you blasted off to the bardo i guess you can have both

Old 09-17-2015, 03:12 PM   #235
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Trots you're being a huge dick and a hypocrite. Shall I bring up one of the many threads where you've wallowed in your own misery and depression, lashing out at anyone trying to help you? Granted, a lot of the advice you received was really unhelpful, but what you're saying to teh bolly is unhelpful of the highest order. Jesus Christ, actually suggesting a suicidal person to kill themselves. Do you remember the bollocking we gave to fuzzy for doing the same thing? At least he didn't have the gall to clothe it in apathetic weed and Rick and Morty references. Your whole tangential response to teh holly is as ill timed as your numerous unrelated reminders that you had a brief but messy relationship with somene you met on the internet. Go be enlightened somewhere else, because it makes you more of an inconsiderate asshole than usual.
im giving an honest assesment of my condition and ppl call me a hypocrite.

fuck off

Old 09-17-2015, 03:14 PM   #236
Trotskilicious
Banned

i didnt tell anyone to kill themselves either

seriously you can try to be better or wallow in your misery which will, more often than not, end in tragedy

Old 09-17-2015, 03:17 PM   #237
Trotskilicious
Banned

its real sad how you nitwits conflate sober, rational self awareness with hypocrisy

i think i deliberately chose words that considered my own life, actions, thoughts and etc and related my own experience to his because its completely appropriate

if you bothered reading instead of INSTANTLY going on the defensive you might realize im telling nothing but the goddamn honest truth

Old 09-17-2015, 03:27 PM   #238
Shallowed
Braindead

Nah

Old 09-17-2015, 03:31 PM   #239
hnibos
Braindead

I think this board has become a net negative influence in my life. Most of you use republican logic and I can't bear it anymore, I get enough of it living in Florida.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:37 PM   #240
Trotskilicious
Banned

i feel the same way except i think the majority of the depressed people here seem not to care about getting any better its just so depressing to even be around here.

i know im guilty of it, i even understand i might have even set the tone for this board

but i realized this place is basically like a small town bar full of very depressed people being depressed and not really doing anytjing about it, and i know that because i know myself

its pretty awful tbh and now im getting a bunch of blowback for "being a republican" and not having empathy

seriously guys...