Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #61
Cool As Ice Cream
Immortal
 
Cool As Ice Cream's Avatar
 
Location: František! How's the foot of your turtle?
Posts: 29,100
Default

and fuzzy, too.

 
Cool As Ice Cream is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #62
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: spiceworld
Posts: 40,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
I'm mexican and when he said that, I laughed.

But then, I'm not a little bitch snowflake like anyone must be to be upset about such a thing.
oh so you're one of those self-hating mexicans (and you probably look and get treated like a white person)

you're the little bitch snowflake if my finding his statement stupid and tinged in racism and ignorance gets under your skin so much that you just had to let me know it made you laugh (which is probably a lie, anyway, but you needed to say it for effect)

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #63
The Omega Concern
Minion of Satan
 
The Omega Concern's Avatar
 
Location: stay, far, away
Posts: 8,876
Default

No. It was funny. I'm not even sure what he meant exactly, it's just his boldness in saying it and not giving a fuck that made me laugh.


Get the fuck over yourself you overly sensitive douche. Or get a life to where shit like this doesn't bother you and twist yourself in some pretzeled illogic and overwrought thought process.

 
The Omega Concern is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #64
The Omega Concern
Minion of Satan
 
The Omega Concern's Avatar
 
Location: stay, far, away
Posts: 8,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
oh so you're one of those self-hating mexicans (and you probably look and get treated like a white person)

Look dumbass...I guess you weren't there when I verbally mauled Trots on his racist allegations towards me.


Look at how hard you try to make me white? LOL. I got a huge family on my mothers side...30 first cousins alone, some gang-banging Norto's, others that are cops.

I'm guessing Conor was giving Floyd a compliment by saying he made him fight like a mexican, considering Stockton's own Nate Diaz has two excellent fights against Mcgregor where they split those matches.

 
The Omega Concern is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #65
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned
 
ohnoitsbonnie's Avatar
 
Location: somerville, nj
Posts: 23,387
Default

This is stupid.

 
ohnoitsbonnie is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #66
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

sports are weird

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:08 PM   #67
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
Was entertaining enough. Didnt look like the fix was in or whatever but I'm sure that won't stop idiots from speculating
Josh Donaldson from the Toronto Blue Jays thinks so

Josh Donaldson‏Verified account @BringerOfRain20

Rigged!!!
9:51 PM - 26 Aug 2017

Josh Donaldson‏Verified account @BringerOfRain20

Guys making 100 million plus got to go to the canvas and not get up to get knocked out.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:07 PM   #68
The Omega Concern
Minion of Satan
 
The Omega Concern's Avatar
 
Location: stay, far, away
Posts: 8,876
Default

The reductiveness argumentation towards a leftist catch-phrase of identity politics is obviously some type of reflex from an indoctrinated condition. It sure as hell ain't no educated one, it's vastly too narrow to be considered as such.

 
The Omega Concern is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:41 PM   #69
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Josh Donaldson from the Toronto Blue Jays thinks so

Josh Donaldson‏Verified account @BringerOfRain20

Rigged!!!
9:51 PM - 26 Aug 2017

Josh Donaldson‏Verified account @BringerOfRain20

Guys making 100 million plus got to go to the canvas and not get up to get knocked out.
i don't think that's in the ABC rules

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:05 PM   #70
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
The reductiveness argumentation towards a leftist catch-phrase of identity politics is obviously some type of reflex from an indoctrinated condition. It sure as hell ain't no educated one, it's vastly too narrow to be considered as such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
So "Mexican" now implies race?

I wonder if there would have been the same accusations of racism had it been "he fought like a Belgian"
strong showing by teh retard squad on this sunday eve

 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:15 PM   #71
reprise85
Submortal
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.
Posts: 27,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
So "Mexican" now implies race?

I wonder if there would have been the same accusations of racism had it been "he fought like a Belgian"
because Belgians are persecuted minorities in america?

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:22 PM   #72
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: we are the new age of whatever
Posts: 25,621
Default

while we're at it, all lives matter and I don't see color and one human family etc.

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:24 PM   #73
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 37,569
Default

god, you are so brave.

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:05 PM   #74
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG
 
Dogfighter28's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 11,334
Default

The Mexican thing is meant to be a compliment as they apparently have a really good reputation in the fighting world for having hard chins and being aggressive fighters. Mayweather usually turtles up and fights a very boring style but he was forced to fight more like they do.

I thought it sounded pretty racist when he said it but I think it's fine now that I know the context.

 
Dogfighter28 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:12 PM   #75
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: spiceworld
Posts: 40,252
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfighter28 View Post
The Mexican thing is meant to be a compliment as they apparently have a really good reputation in the fighting world for having hard chins and being aggressive fighters. Mayweather usually turtles up and fights a very boring style but he was forced to fight more like they do.

I thought it sounded pretty racist when he said it but I think it's fine now that I know the context.
black people are really good at basketball. i turned him into a black person tonight; he played basketball like a black person.

i can say it's a compliment, but it's racist and ignorant as fuck.

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:13 PM   #76
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: spiceworld
Posts: 40,252
Default

i'm glad to know you, white man byron barnes, think it's fine now that you know the "context". you just get it, man.

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:23 PM   #77
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

.

Last edited by Bread Regal : 09-02-2017 at 10:32 PM. Reason: fuzzy pos repped this post

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:30 PM   #78
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: spiceworld
Posts: 40,252
Default

aye, mi jodido dios

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #79
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord
 
duovamp's Avatar
 
Location: heavy metal pool party
Posts: 35,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
I'm mexican and when he said that, I laughed.

But then, I'm not a little bitch snowflake like anyone must be to be upset about such a thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
Shut up
And pay for our wall!

 
duovamp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:30 PM   #80
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: spiceworld
Posts: 40,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
not trying to mince words here, but if you said "he played basketball like an african" it would come off a lot differently.

it also just happens that in our society "mexican", like "jew", is one of those words that means something different depending on the inflection, context, etc. and if mcgregor didn't mean it "that way", then it's really his fault for being poorly understood, especially after all of the iffy stuff he's been saying in the lead up to this fight.
wasn't he just saying a bunch of other racist stuff leading up to this fight?

three white men telling me, a mexican girl, that a racist comment about mexicans is cool with them for one reason or another (he didn't mean it that way. it's meant to be a compliment, etc) and thinking that should make it okay with me (and getting defensive when it doesnt) is problematic yet sadly typical.

i bet if any of you did this in real-life and told the story to netphoria, you'd all chide each other for it. white people always love to tell one another to listen to or believe a minority when they say something is offensive or racist, but hardly any actually do.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 08-31-2017 at 06:46 PM.

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:07 PM   #81
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

i...don't think we're disagreeing?

i said it depends on the context. the context here is that it came out of the mouth of a person who has said a lot of racist shit and never apologized for it. he hasn't tried to clarify himself since, so it is therefore racist. sorry if i wasn't clear. wasn't trying to whitesplain.

my only point in that post is: given that sports are an expression of culture, and certain styles of play are an outgrowth of cultural insulation, there are some situations where it'd be acceptable to say that someone

"plays baseball like a dominican"
"plays basketball like a balkan"
"plays cricket like a pakistani"

this is not one of those situations. conor, the unrepentant racist, had an opportunity to explain himself, and didn't. therefore: racist

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:15 PM   #82
The Omega Concern
Minion of Satan
 
The Omega Concern's Avatar
 
Location: stay, far, away
Posts: 8,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
wasn't he just saying a bunch of other racist stuff leading up to this fight?

three white men telling me, a mexican girl, that a racist comment about mexicans is cool with them for one reason or another (he didn't mean it that way. it's meant to be a compliment, etc) and thinking that should make it okay with me (and getting defensive when it doesnt) is problematic yet sadly typical.

i bet if any of you did this in real-life and told the story to netphoria, you'd all chide each other for it. white people always love to tell one another to listen to or believe a minority when they say something is offensive or racist, but hardly any actually do.


eh chica, nice world you live in.


i was turning a blind corner today and a guy comes out from behind it and I had to hit the brakes quick and hard. It wasn't close or anything, but could of been a moment or two later. We both check up and wave each other on.

So I park and he comes up with a smile and says, "EH!!!" I'm all, "Shit bra...no worries. I can outrun most Samoans, but I don't know about you."

He laughed yo soy, just like I did at Conor. I smiled back. relax girl, así son los chicos.

 
The Omega Concern is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:19 PM   #83
buzzard
Apocalyptic Poster
 
buzzard's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,847
Default

Oh, I'm sure this will get a great response.

 
buzzard is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:44 PM   #84
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: spiceworld
Posts: 40,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
eh chica, nice world you live in.


i was turning a blind corner today and a guy comes out from behind it and I had to hit the brakes quick and hard. It wasn't close or anything, but could of been a moment or two later. We both check up and wave each other on.

So I park and he comes up with a smile and says, "EH!!!" I'm all, "Shit bra...no worries. I can outrun most Samoans, but I don't know about you."

He laughed yo soy, just like I did at Conor. I smiled back. relax girl, así son los chicos.
i'm not him. or you.

i have pride in who i am so don't think smiling at racist remarks makes me a big person.

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:48 PM   #85
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: spiceworld
Posts: 40,252
Default

and i'm also not as foolish as you, toc. don't forget how tragically misguided you are in general.

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
shit fuckers can type! sickbadthing General Chat Message Board 51 04-25-2017 02:26 PM
What is going on at Sasquatch sickbadthing General Chat Archive 13 05-28-2012 07:48 PM
BLOG Frankenstein General Chat Archive 13 01-30-2008 09:30 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2014