Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #121
DamingR
SPFUN!
 
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine Walker View Post
that show was fucking incredible, in case you were wondering.
Yeah, no kidding. The 1999 shows were BAD ASS.

The Everlasting Gaze 12/21/99 owned.

 
DamingR is offline
Old 07-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #122
MonteLDS
*sigh*
 
MonteLDS's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,850
Default

del

 
MonteLDS is offline
Old 07-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #123
MadSci625
Amish Rake Fighter
 
Posts: 6
Default

Just checked and GA floor is no longer available, even if you try one ticket. I can get 1 ticket for Mezz but not 2. I wonder if it is actually nearly sold out or just trickery by TM/The Venue...

 
MadSci625 is offline
Old 07-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #124
Caine Walker
Braindead
 
Caine Walker's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,481
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamingR View Post
Yeah, no kidding. The 1999 shows were BAD ASS.

The Everlasting Gaze 12/21/99 owned.
to the working man and girl!

 
Caine Walker is offline
Old 07-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #125
if there is a llama
Demi-God
 
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamingR View Post
Yeah, no kidding. The 1999 shows were BAD ASS.

The Everlasting Gaze 12/21/99 owned.
I love listening to TEG from one of those shows, because the crowd isn't singing along, but during the part where it's just Billy starts saying "we all want to hold..." some guys yells "THE EVERLASTING GAZE!" but can't sing along to any of the other words

 
if there is a llama is offline
Old 07-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #126
Caine Walker
Braindead
 
Caine Walker's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSci625 View Post
Just checked and GA floor is no longer available, even if you try one ticket. I can get 1 ticket for Mezz but not 2. I wonder if it is actually nearly sold out or just trickery by TM/The Venue...
if The Venue is like any other venue (hooboy), they'll release more tickets a few days before the show or the day of.

that said, i hope it really is sold out because i need to get rid of this ticket.

 
Caine Walker is offline
Old 07-12-2008, 11:15 PM   #127
MadSci625
Amish Rake Fighter
 
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine Walker View Post
if The Venue is like any other venue (hooboy), they'll release more tickets a few days before the show or the day of.

that said, i hope it really is sold out because i need to get rid of this ticket.
That's funny because I'm kind of a similar situation. I bought 4 tix thinking they were going to sell out immediately, assuming that if I couldn't find 3 people to go with me, I could easily sell them. Right now, I still have one unclaimed ticket. The fact that it's looking sold out is making me breathe a little easier.

Rock n roll.

 
MadSci625 is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 12:30 AM   #128
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis
 
davin's Avatar
 
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 10,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Club View Post
Technically, it's right next to Chicago. I can throw a rock from my stepmoms house on the East Side and have it land in Hammond.

And I remember those days too davin. In the days before Ticketmaster online, you actually had to CALL omg and keep hitting redial. I still remember the number... 312 559 1212
call? haha, that never worked! i remember havign to buy a sack of mcdonalds breakfast to coax 10 people to wait in line for me and draw lottery tickets. thats how it went 1992-1994, with everyone leaving after drawing/eating....and me keeping the best lottery ticket to stay and actually purchase the actual tickets (IF they stayed onsale and didn't sell out before the line got to me). that shit was brutal. i wanted to kill several minimum wage ticketmaster counter jockeys.

oh, and please stop saying "east side". there is no such thing in chicago. billy got it right in his riverview lyrics. so should you. http://www.chipublib.org/cplbooksmov...mbols/flag.php

 
davin is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 12:37 AM   #129
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis
 
davin's Avatar
 
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 10,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by if there is a llama View Post
Doesn't seem like it's just the ticket price. I know for the Atlanta show, pit tickets were at least $83, maybe more, and even for crappy seats in the back row it cost $58 (both before fees).

Seems like it could be the 21+ thing, the lack of promotion (they had weeks of commercials and heavy ties to local radio stations the last time they toured), or Chicago fans are just lazy (at least the 21 and ups are).
yea, there hasn't been shit about it on the radio or anything. sun times blog but not the paper or the reader or anything.

 
davin is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 12:38 AM   #130
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis
 
davin's Avatar
 
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 10,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine Walker View Post

that said, i hope it really is sold out because i need to get rid of this ticket.
i may have a taker. are you getting hard tix mailed to you?

 
davin is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 12:41 AM   #131
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster
 
JRiordan's Avatar
 
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
are you getting hard thinking about this show?
who isn't?

 
JRiordan is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 12:42 AM   #132
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis
 
davin's Avatar
 
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 10,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Club View Post
We've all been fucked at one time. I couldn't go to 12/21/99 and one day you will be able to go to a show that another fan can't.


Sorry, just trying to make you kids feel better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine Walker View Post
that show was fucking incredible, in case you were wondering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by if there is a llama View Post
I love listening to TEG from one of those shows, because the crowd isn't singing along, but during the part where it's just Billy starts saying "we all want to hold..." some guys yells "THE EVERLASTING GAZE!" but can't sing along to any of the other words

yes, 12/21/99 rocked. i almost fucke dmyself on a take-home-final to come to this show.

and yes, kids, it sucks to be shut out.
april 10th 93 because gnr cancelled.
double door in 95 cuz i wasn't 21.
farewell show because i was in college with only ~$900 free on my credit card...and my options were $1400 credit card from a scalper or $600 cash in person.

 
davin is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 12:43 AM   #133
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis
 
davin's Avatar
 
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 10,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiordan View Post
who isn't?
lol, i'm not. its love, but not lust.

you're scaring me JR.

Last edited by davin : 07-13-2008 at 12:55 AM.

 
davin is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 12:50 AM   #134
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster
 
JRiordan's Avatar
 
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,863
Default

lol, I hadn't seen you post much recently so I was thinking you may have been on vacation or something. glad you got your tix. it's gonna be a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
call? haha, that never worked!
Ugh, bad memories of 1996, 1998, 1999 for me... fortunately got tix in '96 and '98 but not '99

 
JRiordan is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #135
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis
 
davin's Avatar
 
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 10,702
Default

yea, just got back from a week in puerto rico. i guess calling worked for me once...the august 23 '96 matinee show (matt walker's first) at metro. somehow, i got through on that one.



i'm really looking forward to this hammond show. it will be the 5th or 6th time (depending on how you do your categorizing) i'm seeing one of these "start of a tour leg" type shows. i fucking love them. no one knows what to expect. what outfits, what lighting, what setlist, what song versions. its going to be great.

btw, i'm goign to horsehsoe tomorrow for a poker tourney. i'll do some snooping if i can for you guys, about doors, forming a line, and other misc details. if people want to suggest things, thats fine. but my success will be in direct opposite correlation to how the poker and drinking goes.

 
davin is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 01:17 AM   #136
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster
 
JRiordan's Avatar
 
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,863
Default

We don't have confirmation that this will be the first show of the August tour yet, for better or worse.

About forming lines, try to see if there is an outside door to The Venue, and how many doors overall. For 9/13/07 at The Pearl in the Palms casino in Vegas, the doors were inside the casino (not possible to line up outside), and they did not like us lining up at all, but couldn't really force us to move away, so finally took us to this inside lobby where we got to wait calmly and be sure of our spots in line.

Also, SP will be the 3rd actual concert at The Venue, following Andy Hui & William So then Bette Midler ( http://www.harrahs.com/casinos/horse...ue-detail.html ). So I think the staff there will not really have all their processes in place yet.

 
JRiordan is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 01:21 AM   #137
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis
 
davin's Avatar
 
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 10,702
Default

i thought some comedians have played there already? am i wrong?

i am 90% sure there is no external seperate entrance, but we'll see. someone can always call for the stuff I don't find out in person (the venue might not even be staffed by the time i get there, we'll see how long i last at the tables).

Edit: nvmd, i see now that its new. thats good news for the sound system.

 
davin is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 01:40 AM   #138
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster
 
JRiordan's Avatar
 
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpregen View Post
lol you can also add the village square buffet for $29.00 each.. but it appears you can go back as much as you want between 4pm and 2am? it says ticket is valid 4pm - 2am but I'm not sure if that means you can only use it once.. if only once thats the most expensive buffet ever.. if its unlimited thats the best buffet ever
You can also buy buffet tickets separately here if you forgot to add them to your SP ticket order:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/07...minorcatid=238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticketmaster Buffet Description
The Village Square Buffet boasts a variety of cuisines from around the world from seafood to choice meats and pastas. And if you're from out of town and want something local, we're dishing up scrumptious Chicago favorites as well. We ave rebuilt a $24 million world class dining experience that defines "The all you can imagine buffet and dining experience" that's the perfect complement to a night at The Venue, and with preferred seating, you'll have a table waiting for you when you come to the show.

You must be 21+ to enter. No Refunds or Exchanges on these tickets. Seating will be guaranteed 2 hours prior to this evening's performance.
If it's anything like the unreal buffets at Mandalay Bay or Bellagio, this may be the place to go post-show before heading back to Chicago

 
JRiordan is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 01:43 AM   #139
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Pizza Club's Avatar
 
Location: you sound like a casual fan.
Posts: 3,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
oh, and please stop saying "east side". there is no such thing in chicago. billy got it right in his riverview lyrics. so should you. http://www.chipublib.org/cplbooksmov...mbols/flag.php [/color]

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen you say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Side,_Chicago


I guess my dad and stepmom don't live in a real place?

 
Pizza Club is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 01:43 AM   #140
Panthalassa
Pledge
 
Panthalassa's Avatar
 
Location: IL
Posts: 162
Default

Ok, not that I'm doubting it, but where did the "no jeans/ball caps/jerseys" rule come from? I looked around and all I could find was...

General Rules:
The Venue at Horseshoe Casino is a 21 years old an dolder facility and is located on the second floor of the Horseshoe Casino only 20 minutes from downtown Chicago. Photo ID's are required to enter the facilities. Cameras and recording devices are never allowed at concerts unless otherwise notified. Outside food or beverages of any kind are not permitted inside the building. Guests wearing obscene or indecent clothing are not allowed in The Venue. Guests using foul or abusive language or gestures will be escorted from the venue. Laser pens and pointers are not permitted. Policies subject to change depending on the nature of the event.

I'm glad I read that here though, cause I'm driving 6 hours to get to the show, and if I had been turned away for wearing pants with denim material it would have been the end of it.

Any other rules I'm missing? I'd just like to be able to actually see the show once I get there.

Last edited by Panthalassa : 07-13-2008 at 01:50 AM.

 
Panthalassa is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 02:00 AM   #141
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis
 
davin's Avatar
 
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 10,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Club View Post
This might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen you say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Side,_Chicago


I guess my dad and stepmom don't live in a real place?
yes, its a "community area" like linkin park or wicker park or andersonville......but colloquially, tradititionally and geographically in the broader sense, the east-side is not recognized in the same fashion among locals as the south, north and west are....because of the fucking lake. or are you denying chicago history, the flag, and the public records contained therein?

Besides, i've said much stupier things before.

 
davin is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 02:04 AM   #142
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis
 
davin's Avatar
 
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 10,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthalassa View Post
Ok, not that I'm doubting it, but where did the "no jeans/ball caps/jerseys" rule come from? I looked around and all I could find was...

General Rules:
The Venue at Horseshoe Casino is a 21 years old an dolder facility and is located on the second floor of the Horseshoe Casino only 20 minutes from downtown Chicago. Photo ID's are required to enter the facilities. Cameras and recording devices are never allowed at concerts unless otherwise notified. Outside food or beverages of any kind are not permitted inside the building. Guests wearing obscene or indecent clothing are not allowed in The Venue. Guests using foul or abusive language or gestures will be escorted from the venue. Laser pens and pointers are not permitted. Policies subject to change depending on the nature of the event.

I'm glad I read that here though, cause I'm driving 6 hours to get to the show, and if I had been turned away for wearing pants with denim material it would have been the end of it.

Any other rules I'm missing? I'd just like to be able to actually see the show once I get there.
i think its bullshit. i've worn jeans to that casino many times. this ain't the opera.

 
davin is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 02:10 AM   #143
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Pizza Club's Avatar
 
Location: you sound like a casual fan.
Posts: 3,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
yes, its a "community area" like linkin park or wicker park or andersonville......but colloquially, tradititionally and geographically in the broader sense, the east-side is not recognized in the same fashion among locals as the south, north and west are....because of the fucking lake. or are you denying chicago history, the flag, and the public records contained therein?

Besides, i've said much stupier things before.
Yes, and that's what I meant what I said East Side, the neighborhood and not the geography. There's no reason to not call it that, because it's a real place. I'm just saying, you need to recognize my hood even if it is a shithole.

Oh, and "linkin park"?

 
Pizza Club is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 02:14 AM   #144
rparker
Pledge
 
rparker's Avatar
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post


btw, i'm goign to horsehsoe tomorrow for a poker tourney. i'll do some snooping if i can for you guys, about doors, forming a line, and other misc details. if people want to suggest things, thats fine. but my success will be in direct opposite correlation to how the poker and drinking goes.
Would you mind checking out the vegetarian options on the menu for the asian restaurant (http://www.harrahs.com/casinos/horse...-detail.html)? I have no faith in the buffet. And this is probably a stupid question, but the venue has a bar, right?

 
rparker is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 02:16 AM   #145
redbull
Immortal
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Location: like liutenant dan i'm rollin'
Posts: 21,033
Default

its a fucking casino, guy

 
redbull is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 03:30 AM   #146
if there is a llama
Demi-God
 
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthalassa View Post
Ok, not that I'm doubting it, but where did the "no jeans/ball caps/jerseys" rule come from? I looked around and all I could find was...

General Rules:
The Venue at Horseshoe Casino is a 21 years old an dolder facility and is located on the second floor of the Horseshoe Casino only 20 minutes from downtown Chicago. Photo ID's are required to enter the facilities. Cameras and recording devices are never allowed at concerts unless otherwise notified. Outside food or beverages of any kind are not permitted inside the building. Guests wearing obscene or indecent clothing are not allowed in The Venue. Guests using foul or abusive language or gestures will be escorted from the venue. Laser pens and pointers are not permitted. Policies subject to change depending on the nature of the event.

I'm glad I read that here though, cause I'm driving 6 hours to get to the show, and if I had been turned away for wearing pants with denim material it would have been the end of it.

Any other rules I'm missing? I'd just like to be able to actually see the show once I get there.
I'm glad I read that. I would've dressed up regardless, but I would've been sporting multiple laser pens and pointers. Thank god I know to leave them at home.

Maybe Billy will keep an open-laser policy, like at the other shows. You don't want to push it as casinos though

 
if there is a llama is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 03:32 AM   #147
if there is a llama
Demi-God
 
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparker View Post
Would you mind checking out the vegetarian options on the menu for the asian restaurant (http://www.harrahs.com/casinos/horse...-detail.html)? I have no faith in the buffet. And this is probably a stupid question, but the venue has a bar, right?
I haven't been to said venue, but I'm sure the buffet has vegetarian options, and I'm sure there are more bars than you could hope for surrounding the venue.

Casinos make more money when people drink. You can probably drink for free. Just show up early and play video blackjack at the bar.

 
if there is a llama is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #148
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963
 
Elvis The Fat Years's Avatar
 
Posts: 31,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
call? haha, that never worked! i remember havign to buy a sack of mcdonalds breakfast to coax 10 people to wait in line for me and draw lottery tickets. thats how it went 1992-1994, with everyone leaving after drawing/eating....and me keeping the best lottery ticket to stay and actually purchase the actual tickets (IF they stayed onsale and didn't sell out before the line got to me). that shit was brutal. i wanted to kill several minimum wage ticketmaster counter jockeys.

oh, and please stop saying "east side". there is no such thing in chicago. billy got it right in his riverview lyrics. so should you. http://www.chipublib.org/cplbooksmov...mbols/flag.php
Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
yea, there hasn't been shit about it on the radio or anything. sun times blog but not the paper or the reader or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
i may have a taker. are you getting hard tix mailed to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
yes, 12/21/99 rocked. i almost fucke dmyself on a take-home-final to come to this show.

and yes, kids, it sucks to be shut out.
april 10th 93 because gnr cancelled.
double door in 95 cuz i wasn't 21.
farewell show because i was in college with only ~$900 free on my credit card...and my options were $1400 credit card from a scalper or $600 cash in person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
yea, just got back from a week in puerto rico. i guess calling worked for me once...the august 23 '96 matinee show (matt walker's first) at metro. somehow, i got through on that one.



i'm really looking forward to this hammond show. it will be the 5th or 6th time (depending on how you do your categorizing) i'm seeing one of these "start of a tour leg" type shows. i fucking love them. no one knows what to expect. what outfits, what lighting, what setlist, what song versions. its going to be great.

btw, i'm goign to horsehsoe tomorrow for a poker tourney. i'll do some snooping if i can for you guys, about doors, forming a line, and other misc details. if people want to suggest things, thats fine. but my success will be in direct opposite correlation to how the poker and drinking goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
i thought some comedians have played there already? am i wrong?

i am 90% sure there is no external seperate entrance, but we'll see. someone can always call for the stuff I don't find out in person (the venue might not even be staffed by the time i get there, we'll see how long i last at the tables).

Edit: nvmd, i see now that its new. thats good news for the sound system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
yes, its a "community area" like linkin park or wicker park or andersonville......but colloquially, tradititionally and geographically in the broader sense, the east-side is not recognized in the same fashion among locals as the south, north and west are....because of the fucking lake. or are you denying chicago history, the flag, and the public records contained therein?

Besides, i've said much stupier things before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
i think its bullshit. i've worn jeans to that casino many times. this ain't the opera.

 
Elvis The Fat Years is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #149
MadSci625
Amish Rake Fighter
 
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthalassa View Post
Ok, not that I'm doubting it, but where did the "no jeans/ball caps/jerseys" rule come from? I looked around and all I could find was...

General Rules:
The Venue at Horseshoe Casino is a 21 years old an dolder facility and is located on the second floor of the Horseshoe Casino only 20 minutes from downtown Chicago. Photo ID's are required to enter the facilities. Cameras and recording devices are never allowed at concerts unless otherwise notified. Outside food or beverages of any kind are not permitted inside the building. Guests wearing obscene or indecent clothing are not allowed in The Venue. Guests using foul or abusive language or gestures will be escorted from the venue. Laser pens and pointers are not permitted. Policies subject to change depending on the nature of the event.

I'm glad I read that here though, cause I'm driving 6 hours to get to the show, and if I had been turned away for wearing pants with denim material it would have been the end of it.

Any other rules I'm missing? I'd just like to be able to actually see the show once I get there.
There is no way in hell that they would deny you entrance because of jeans. There is no policy that says you can't wear jeans. Just nothing with profanity, etc. If it's not on the ticketmaster website or on the casino website than the rule doesn't exist. There isn't even a casino in Vegas that would do that, let alone one in Hammond, IN. I can't even imagine a rock show where everyone was dressed up...Creepy.

 
MadSci625 is offline
Old 07-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #150
KManXC
Ownz
 
KManXC's Avatar
 
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
its a fucking casino, guy
Don't call me guy, buddy!

 
KManXC is offline
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upcoming Shows? KrazeeStacee Music Board Archive 187 03-30-2008 01:59 AM
WHAT are the chances to get a ticket for the filmore in the venue ? snaildc Pumpkins Archive 0 06-29-2007 01:28 PM
Entering the venue RopeyLopey Pumpkins Archive 33 05-20-2007 09:50 PM
Question about Dallas venue TuralyonW3 Music Board Archive 5 04-18-2006 02:34 PM
Question about Dallas Venue TuralyonW3 General Chat Archive 0 04-17-2006 07:16 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 PM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2019