Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
*star*
Demi-God

Default Rules of the West

Rules of The West

Rules of Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and the rest of the Wild West are as follows:

1. Pull your pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Turn your cap right, your head ain't crooked.

3. Let's get this straight: it's called a 'gravel road.' I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're gonna get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.< FONT face=Arial color=black size=2>

4 They are cattle. That's why they smell to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-80 goes east and west, I-15 goes north and south. Pick one.

5. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000 combines that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

6. Every person in the Wild West waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

7. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of geese/pheasants/ ducks/doves are comin' in during the hunts, we WILL shoot it outa your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

8 Yeah. We eat trout, salmon, deer and elk. You really want sushi and caviar you can get them at the bait store on the corner.

9. The 'Opener' refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

10. We open doors for women. That's applied to all women, regardless of age.

11. No, there's no 'vegetarian special' on the menu. Order steak, or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.

12. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads We use three spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup! Oh, yeah.... We don't care what you folks in Cincinnati call that stuff you eat... IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!!

13. You bring 'Coke' into my house, it better be brown, wet and served over ice. You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair

14. College and High School Football is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.

15. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards -- it spooks the fish.

16. Colleges? We have them all over. We have State Universities , Universities, and Vo-techs. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at everybody when they come home for the holidays.

17. We have more folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines than all of you put together, so don't mess with us. If you do, you'll get whipped by the best.

18. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump crap ain't music, anyway. We don't want to hear it anymore than we want to see your boxers! Refer back to #1!

A true Westerner will send this to at least 2 others!!!

Old 07-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I agree.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:40 PM   #3
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

YEEEEHAAWW!!!

Old 07-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
cork_soaker
full of longing

19. keep yer grubby mitts offa my 'merican blub'rries

Old 07-21-2008, 12:10 AM   #5
Debaser
ghost

An inferiority complex, in the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, is a feeling that one is inferior to others in some way. Such feelings can arise from an imagined or actual inferiority in the afflicted person. It is often subconscious, and is thought to drive afflicted individuals to overcompensate, resulting either in spectacular achievement or extreme antisocial behavior, or both. Unlike a normal feeling of inferiority, which can act as an incentive for achievement, an inferiority complex is an advanced state of discouragement, often resulting in a retreat from difficulties.

Early work in this field was pioneered by Alfred Adler, who used the example of Napoleon complexes to illustrate his theory. Some sociologists have proposed that an inferiority complex can also exist at a wider level, affecting entire cultures. This theory, which is controversial, is known as cultural cringe.

Classical Adlerian psychology makes a distinction between primary and secondary inferiority feelings. A primary inferiority feeling is said to be rooted in the young child's original experience of weakness, helplessness and dependency. It can then be intensified by comparisons to older siblings and adults. A secondary inferiority feeling relates to an adult's experience of being unable to reach an unconscious, fictional final goal of subjective security and success to compensate for the inferiority feelings. The perceived distance from that goal would lead to a "minus" feeling that could then prompt the recall of the original inferiority feeling; this composite of inferiority feelings could be experienced as overwhelming. The goal invented to relieve the original, primary feeling of inferiority which actually causes the secondary feeling of inferiority is the "catch-22" of this dilemma. This vicious circle is common in neurotic lifestyles.

[edit] Causes

* Parental attitudes and upbringing - disapproving negative remarks and evaluations of behavior emphasizing mistakes and shortcomings determine the attitude of the child before the age of six.[citation needed]
* Physical defects - such as disproportional facial features, weight problems, speech defects and defective vision cause inferiority complexes.[citation needed]
* Mental limitations - brings feelings of inferiority when unfavorable comparisons are made with the superior achievements of others, and when satisfactory performance is expected.[citation needed]
* Social disadvantages - family, race, sex, sexual orientation or economic status

[edit] Manifestation

This feeling may be manifested in withdrawal from social contacts or excessive seeking for attention, criticism of others, overly dutiful obedience, and worry.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:57 AM   #6
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

not enough "dad gum's" in there.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #7
Starla

18. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump crap ain't music, anyway. We don't want to hear it anymore than we want to see your boxers! Refer back to #1!

This is true. No one up here wears their pants belted around their asses.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #8
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

speaking of boxers - apparently in Flint the police are giving out tickets for people with baggy pants. the police claim it is indecent exposure. they even gave a chart!!

http://www.reason.com/UserFiles/Imag...baggypants.jpg

Old 07-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #9
D.
Consume my pants.

i think the police should be more worried about car stereos than pants. car stereos annoy everyone within earshot. pants do not.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #10
Rockin' Cherub
Braindead

*star* is such a cowboy

Old 07-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #11
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermcphilp View Post
speaking of boxers - apparently in Flint the police are giving out tickets for people with baggy pants. the police claim it is indecent exposure. they even gave a chart!!

http://www.reason.com/UserFiles/Imag...baggypants.jpg
93 days to a year in jail? a little overzealous maybe?

Old 07-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #12
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxzombie View Post
93 days to a year in jail? a little overzealous maybe?
not zealous enough.

now let's start taking out those douches with fauxhawks

Old 07-21-2008, 01:49 PM   #13
aurel
Apocalyptic Poster

Dr. Manhattan wouldn't be caught dead in that outfit.