Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-09-2015, 11:09 PM   #61
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

SHIT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU

Old 11-09-2015, 11:10 PM   #62
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Sarah wasn't being a creep, she just called out a dumbass redneck bitch for being a dumbass redneck bitch

Old 11-09-2015, 11:11 PM   #63
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Seriously though people who don't agree with me are idiots who should shut up. But that's none of my business.
you're too busy counting your money and driving your bimmer and arranging for your offspring to be carved out of your wife's abdomen to really get involved, let's be honest

Old 11-09-2015, 11:12 PM   #64
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
trigger warning guys. hate for someone to get offended reading this poop.

i do

vixnix, who is a cunt

look at her prototypical model cunt behavior, starting yet another argument insulting people she never met in a situation she was never involved with

vixnix, i hope you die soon. i really, genuinely mean that. I want you to die. You are pure evil. You are absolutely the worst piece of shit I have EVER come across.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:12 PM   #65
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
trigger warning guys. hate for someone to get offended reading this poop.
well let's not pull a trotsky and delete these posts, we don't want to become blind to anything ugly by censoring it, after all

Old 11-09-2015, 11:12 PM   #66
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Yes it is quite time consuming.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #67
Trotskilicious
Banned

i hope your husband leaves you, your kids tell you that they don't love you and for you to put a bullet in your head

it would make me smile

Old 11-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #68
Eulogy
huh

Good lord

Old 11-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #69
Trotskilicious
Banned

picturing it right now is making me smile

Old 11-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #70
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Also driving my truck and riding my two motorcycles.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #71
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
i do

vixnix, who is a cunt

look at her prototypical model cunt behavior, starting yet another argument insulting people she never met in a situation she was never involved with

vixnix, i hope you die soon. i really, genuinely mean that. I want you to die. You are pure evil. You are absolutely the worst piece of shit I have EVER come across.
turns out full retard kinda suits you. prolly need to lay off the hot peppers bro because you are like overheating here, a bit

Old 11-09-2015, 11:14 PM   #72
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
i do

vixnix, who is a cunt

Quote:
i hope your husband leaves you, your kids tell you that they don't love you and for you to put a bullet in your head

it would make me smile
Quote:
picturing it right now is making me smile
So this is pretty fucked up, right?

Old 11-09-2015, 11:16 PM   #73
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Yes it is quite time consuming.
Quote:
Also driving my truck and riding my two motorcycles.
so many motors. compensating for lack of physical strength by owning and operating mechanical strength?

do you also shoot guns, by any chance?

Old 11-09-2015, 11:19 PM   #74
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
So this is pretty fucked up, right?
yes, though, I'm somewhat proud of myself for joining the club of people who trots is actively trying to internet hate to death.

Oh man, did you see the bit where he said I was being a cunt for talking about someone I'd never met, and then told me that he hoped I'd die, as though he knew me as an actual person.

That is officially my favourite Trots: Full Retard moment...and I have quite a few, so it's not a small thing to be coming in at #1.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #75
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
so many motors. compensating for lack of physical strength by owning and operating mechanical strength?

do you also shoot guns, by any chance?
Why would you think I lack physical strength?

Old 11-09-2015, 11:22 PM   #76
Trotskilicious
Banned

Just one last thing, I don't want freedom. I think it's killing everything and destroying the planet. So this stuff about me defending free speech is pretty funny especially since i already said if i have to accept white people wearing indian costumes for halloween then i don't want free speech. To be perfectly frank the halloween costume thing is a big deal, what I was responding to was the discussion about how as soon as you ask questions or not lock step with the current ethics, you are immediately labeled. I was pointing out that netphoria is very ready to lump people into categories like racist, misogynist, homophobic & transphobic. Its your favorite fucking thing to do lets be honest!

Old 11-09-2015, 11:23 PM   #77
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Why would you think I lack physical strength?
It was a stab in the dark based on photos and the fact that you just said you own a car, a truck, and two motorcycles.

You know, like it made me think of Jay Leno or something.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:24 PM   #78
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

other than you not allowing yourself to be provoked into a profane mouth-foaming rage, you're pretty much just as bad

Old 11-09-2015, 11:25 PM   #79
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
we like it! We like to dress up all girly! That's what women do, when we all hang out together. We put on makeup and get bikini waxes just for the fun of it, and then sit around talking.

ugh, idiots.
Yeah, people, both men and women alike, get really defensive when you suggest that maybe female beauty practices aren't completely free actions done in a vacuum with no influence whatsoever, and are maybe influenced by social roles, and that even when women do legitimately enjoy them, there is the fact to contend with that it's partly due to adapted preferences in a society where they learn to like them.

People hate being reminded that society is the consequence of historical forces and not just this natural inevitable trajectory in which everybody is equal and nobody should have to think about anything.

It's more irritating when dudes get defensive about the makeup thing, because then they are in the position of insisting they know what all women truly feel.

Quote:
free speech is specifically about the government you idiotic cunt
Though I agree that free speech is about the government's restriction of speech and that restricting it in a private place is usually fine, there are a few thorny issues that I've been wondering about. For example, what about when it comes to employment? Can your employer fire you for your expressions outside of work?

Anybody hear of this?

One of the guys in the video was fired in his job for this (he's been rehired now though). Intuitively, I have no problem with this, as it seems reasonable for an employer to not want to associate themselves with harassers.

On the other hand, I wouldn't feel the same way if Wal-Mart fired somebody for promoting gay or Palestinian rights. And there is the fact that not long ago, people suspected of being communists were getting blacklisted from all sorts of institutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I think I talked about this previously, but I said something negative about the BLM protesters who shut down a Sanders' speech in Portland or Seattle or somewhere and I got buried by a slew of angry white progressives I went to college with.
Yeah, I had no idea how to feel about them crashing Sanders' rally, either. On the one hand, I think that sometimes abrasive protest methods are great ways to raise awareness, and that being on the left isn't some "get-out-of-being-confronted-by-social-issues-free" card. On the other hand, I felt it was very hard to get behind people crashing his event and demanding the mic and acting entitled to it when it was his event. It just didn't seem fair, and it didn't seem like he would be wrong to refuse intruders air time. It's hard figuring out what I think appropriate actions are, and why.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:26 PM   #80
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Just one last thing, I don't want freedom. I think it's killing everything and destroying the planet. So this stuff about me defending free speech is pretty funny especially since i already said if i have to accept white people wearing indian costumes for halloween then i don't want free speech. To be perfectly frank the halloween costume thing is a big deal, what I was responding to was the discussion about how as soon as you ask questions or not lock step with the current ethics, you are immediately labeled. I was pointing out that netphoria is just as censorious and just as ready to lump people into categories like racist, misogynist, homophobic & transphobic. Its your favorite fucking thing to do lets be honest!
yeah it ain't no fun unless someone is being labelled, that is totally netpho's favourite game.

Which labels can you put on [person/object]?

Old 11-09-2015, 11:27 PM   #81
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
http://i.imgur.com/M1OX1rY.jpg

Old 11-09-2015, 11:28 PM   #82
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

duovamp #1 American

Old 11-09-2015, 11:34 PM   #83
redbreegull

Quote:
Yeah, I had no idea how to feel about them crashing Sanders' rally, either. On the one hand, I think that sometimes abrasive protest methods are great ways to raise awareness, and that being on the left isn't some "get-out-of-being-confronted-by-social-issues-free" card. On the other hand, I felt it was very hard to get behind people crashing his event and demanding the mic and acting entitled to it when it was his event. It just didn't seem fair, and it didn't seem like he would be wrong to refuse intruders air time. It's hard figuring out what I think appropriate actions are, and why.
I totally agree that sometimes activism needs to be aggressive, in your face, disruptive, and angry. Like I said, I really fought a lot of fearful white people over the Baltimore riots, which I saw as an expression of abject frustration and rage and a tool to bring attention to something people won't look at any other way.

It wasn't the interrupting of Sanders that bothered me so much as I just didn't see the action as performing something utilitarian. Now all those people feel the action was justified and efficacious b/c Sanders changed his platform. I don't see it. What does this change? Getting a politician to suck up to voters is social justice? I really don't get it, and what's more, it's like the very fact that I asked a question of this nature was offensive to them. So we can't criticize BLM at all ever? That's democracy? Because I've assailed people over shitting on the BLM movement tenfold more times than I have criticized it, but I can't accept that if they do something I don't like I should just shrug and assume I can't understand because I'm some caucasoid idiot. Criticism can come from a place of great love. I think it can be one of the greatest forms of love, to be honest. It's quite an illiberal streak in militant progressives.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:35 PM   #84
redbreegull

Quote:
are you hunting vampires

Old 11-09-2015, 11:41 PM   #85
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
duovamp #1 American
Incorrect
http://www.freeinfosociety.com/media/images/1602.jpg

Old 11-09-2015, 11:41 PM   #86
vixnix
Socialphobic

Clint Eastwood is clearly next so at best you would be #3

Old 11-09-2015, 11:46 PM   #87
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

duovamp #3 American

Old 11-09-2015, 11:46 PM   #88
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Just below me is probably Rambo.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:56 PM   #89
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I totally agree that sometimes activism needs to be aggressive, in your face, disruptive, and angry. Like I said, I really fought a lot of fearful white people over the Baltimore riots, which I saw as an expression of abject frustration and rage and a tool to bring attention to something people won't look at any other way.

It wasn't the interrupting of Sanders that bothered me so much as I just didn't see the action as performing something utilitarian. Now all those people feel the action was justified and efficacious b/c Sanders changed his platform. I don't see it. What does this change? Getting a politician to suck up to voters is social justice? I really don't get it, and what's more, it's like the very fact that I asked a question of this nature was offensive to them. So we can't criticize BLM at all ever? That's democracy? Because I've assailed people over shitting on the BLM movement tenfold more times than I have criticized it, but I can't accept that if they do something I don't like I should just shrug and assume I can't understand because I'm some caucasoid idiot. Criticism can come from a place of great love. I think it can be one of the greatest forms of love, to be honest. It's quite an illiberal streak in militant progressives.
Yeah, everything should still be subject to criticism.

Like, I can understand the opinion that oppressed people shouldn't be tone-policed and chastised to be "polite" in order to convince their oppressors to stop oppressing them. Like, I once found myself on one of those "anti-SJW" Reddits, and commenters were going "BLM would be okay if they were just talking about police brutality, but it's stupid that they are saying white people are complicit in their oppression like wtf I'm only okay with social movements insofar as they don't suggest that I am in a group that benefits from current social conditions you are only allowed to criticize groups I'm not in like the police force." Had to close that tab because no way I would get into an argument in their clubhouse where they could back each other up and reinforce their opinion and not have to consider another. So, I can understand negative reactions to the "what's it supposed to accomplish?" argument, and the idea that people should tell disadvantaged people how best to handle their own subjugation.

At the same time, you're clearly a person who gives these issues legitimate thought and isn't some knee-jerking uncomfortable white guy, so it seems that you'd deserve better a better response than to just have all your concerns shut down with no consideration just because you had criticisms. It doesn't seem to be conducive to dogpile on anybody who isn't a cheerleader for every action a movement takes.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:00 AM   #90
redbreegull

sometimes I think that although this illiberal tendency towards censorship and moral shaming is especially egregious when it comes out of the mouths of people who claim to stand for liberalism, it is a pan-political phenomenon. Conservatives certainly do it as well. War in Christians, war on whites, war on police... I mean for a few years after 9/11 they had a stranglehold on whether it was ok to criticize the United States government. I agree that some of it has to do with shit French postmodernists who ruined the world. It's also a symptom of the compartmentalization of our society and the breakdown of our ability to speak to each other. All these liberal arts pc policemen are not trying to convince the other side to stop saying racist things. They aren't even talking to the other side, anyone who has taken a 100 level class on public speaking or rhetoric or argument could tell you that. They are speaking into the echo chamber, which then inflates and tries to crush opposing voices with shame and censorship. That's not communication, it's closer to use of force.