Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2021, 03:53 PM   #1
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Default I am moving to Seattle

Living in DC isn't expensive enough, so we decided to move to Seattle. What is good in Seattle? What is good to do in Seattle? Are any of you in Seattle, so i can avoid you?

Old 10-14-2021, 04:13 PM   #2
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Cool

Probably the center of Seattle's music scene; tough to get into but so, so worth it

Old 10-14-2021, 04:19 PM   #3
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i didn't know they had one of those in Seattle. So lucky! Is there a Cheesecake Factory in Seattle as well?

Old 10-14-2021, 04:22 PM   #4
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.

You've got to visit the Space Needle of course

Make sure to stop at the Pike Place Fish Market, where they throw the fish! Have you ever heard of something so crazy? They throw 'em around!

And of course Regrade Park which uh... what the fuck is Regrade Park

Old 10-14-2021, 04:26 PM   #5
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
i didn't know they had one of those in Seattle. So lucky! Is there a Cheesecake Factory in Seattle as well?
How's this for a perfect day-trip in the big city?

Old 10-14-2021, 04:28 PM   #6
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Lightbulb

Srsly, I spent a couple weeks for many summers in my childhood in Tacoma, where one set of grandparents lived, and my favorite thing we did was going to Mt. Rainier National Park. It looks like it's about a two-hour drive from Seattle, but it's pretty gorgeous out there.

Old 10-14-2021, 04:49 PM   #7
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
How's this for a perfect day-trip in the big city?

OMG a Nike store!

Old 10-14-2021, 04:51 PM   #8
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

also, very close to my new office. Basically a 7 min walk to the best food in the world

Old 10-14-2021, 04:55 PM   #9
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Srsly, I spent a couple weeks for many summers in my childhood in Tacoma, where one set of grandparents lived, and my favorite thing we did was going to Mt. Rainier National Park. It looks like it's about a two-hour drive from Seattle, but it's pretty gorgeous out there.
The great American superstar Megan Rapinoe plays for a soccer team in Tacoma. The team plays their games on a baseball field, though. Which is kind of fucked up. But i heard that Seattle's men's soccer team plays on an NFL field. So I guess that's just the way things are out there. There's a new Hockey team too, but i am afraid to ask where they play

Old 10-14-2021, 11:17 PM   #10
ilikeplanets
Braindead

You can avoid me in Oregon if you get close enough

Old 10-14-2021, 11:59 PM   #11
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
You can avoid me in Oregon if you get close enough
At some point we will have to meet up!

Old 10-15-2021, 01:48 AM   #12
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Yes!

Old 10-15-2021, 01:17 PM   #13
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

ventured into this thread despite the 1-star rating, and i have to say, i think the critics were a little harsh on this one

pretty good "mini-dossier" for those among us going to Seattle

who's rating these things, Jim DeRogatis?

Old 10-15-2021, 07:06 PM   #14
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Jim Derogatis is BANNED from all Pumpkins shows!! How would he know anything amirite? I bet Monte burns Jim in Effigy every year on Dec 2nd

Who can forget how Bills would rant on and on about Jim... Remember this screed from Billy Corgan's Tweeter about 12 years ago:

* Whoever wrote the article here in the local paper about The Mighty SP is a fucking idiot...excuse me, I meant to say a TOTAL FUCKING MORON about 6 hours ago via txt

* I love when some writer tries to put themselves over at my expense. Really unique concept. I've been here for over 20 years. Your kind=lame about 6 hours ago via txt

* All your silly words can't kill the Love in SP. This band is going to win and you can't stand it: Mikey, Nicole, Jeff, and BC are HERE about 6 hours ago via txt

* Actually, to be honest, 3/4 of SP are in Portland. I am in the woods, in front of a fire cooking up a lovely, earthen brew. Time is coming.. about 6 hours ago via txt

* Old SP: Dead. Buried. Gone. New SP: Alive. Free. Dangerous. God: The Best! Absolute. Unconditional. Radical. about 6 hours ago via txt

* You know those horror movies where there is the *thing* that won't die? That is SP. We a'int gonna make that mistake again. Hipsters beware! about 3 hours ago via txt

* Hipsters and blog fascists beware because SP exposes that your game isn't real, integral, fair, or even about music. It is about YOU about 3 hours ago via txt

* Show me a band or a music artist with a problem and I will at least bow to them doing *some-thing* in this world, ego or not... about 3 hours ago via txt

* How did the world get so upside down that the people who write about music see themselves as more valuable than the artists themselves? about 3 hours ago via txt

* SP continues to expose the wires to the farce that is the mu-sick biz-ness...thank you to the radio stations that support us as independents about 3 hours ago via tx

* Thank you to the indie retailers who honor the long history of SP and our place in alternative culture. Don't you get it yet? about 3 hours ago via txt

* The Smashing Pumpkins are back. And we a'int going fucking anywhere but UP ha ha fucking hardy har har...what a beautiful day to LOVE+HONOR about 3 hours ago via txt

* Thank you thank you thank you to the Smashing Pumpkins fans who have stuck with us. We appreciate you! Gonna rock you Spokane! about 3 hours ago via txt

* But if you piss on my lawn I'm gonna tell you to get the hell off my lawn.The message hasn't changed since '87. We're in the makeithappenbiz about 1 hour ago via txt

It's like, *news flash*, the circus has elephants+clowns+a guy in a top hat. SP is what it is + it a'int changing to match your death dream about 1 hour ago via txt

Old 10-15-2021, 07:10 PM   #15
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Old SP: Dead. Buried. Gone. New SP: Alive. Free. Dangerous. God: The Best! Absolute. Unconditional. Radical.

Old 10-15-2021, 07:11 PM   #16
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Actually, to be honest, 3/4 of SP are in Portland. I am in the woods, in front of a fire cooking up a lovely, earthen brew. Time is coming..

Old 10-15-2021, 07:11 PM   #17
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

is there an archive somewhere of all of Bill's tweets? I'd love to start a Tweeter account and start reposting them