Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2021, 03:08 PM   #1
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Default Facebook manipulating people and ruining lives in Hell forever

Ja, Facebook ist tot

Quote:
Just as Facebook’s Antigone Davis was live on CNBC defending the company over a whistleblower’s accusations and its handling of research data suggesting Instagram is harmful to teens, the company’s entire network of services suddenly went offline.
https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/4/2...whatsapp-error

Old 10-04-2021, 03:11 PM   #2
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I assume it's already back on line. But let's hope not

Old 10-04-2021, 03:41 PM   #3
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Not yet

Old 10-04-2021, 03:41 PM   #4
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I have so much to say, gosh

Old 10-04-2021, 04:07 PM   #5
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I wanted to post a selfie of my gay hair on my first day of work. Now what do i do?

Old 10-04-2021, 05:05 PM   #6
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Smile

If it stayed down permanently, I'm pretty sure it would kill my mother as though she were the Lawnmower Man, but in order to dramatically improve the state of the world, I am willing to lay down someone else's life

Old 10-04-2021, 05:05 PM   #7
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

"Life"

Old 10-04-2021, 05:09 PM   #8
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
If it stayed down permanently, I'm pretty sure it would kill my mother as though she were the Lawnmower Man, but in order to dramatically improve the state of the world, I am willing to lay down someone else's life
honestly it is probably a hugely important outlet for some old people

Old 10-04-2021, 05:17 PM   #9
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Good fucking riddance. Ban all social media but specific boards/forums. Make ppl make a fucking effort to contribute or get run right outta town

Also i can contribute that Fbook is not really too helpful for ppl who experience mania. My last one was a doozy, scared the living shit outta my lovely family of origin lol

Old 10-04-2021, 05:19 PM   #10
run2pee
Minion of Satan

At least i haven’t post a picture of my dick anywhere

….that i know of, that is

(not too proud to say i have give unto mineself the sheer terror of quite many dozen alcoholic blackouts in my life)

Old 10-04-2021, 05:32 PM   #11
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I deactivated my Facebook about five years ago when I first decided I should try to become a normal person and start making friends. My reasoning was that through somebody's Facebook, you can always kinda tell if somebody is a normie or not. It seems that the normies have plenty of friends, photos of themselves doing social things with friends, and evidence of having fulfilling life experiences, like traveling or hiking or attending weddings or surfing or whatever. Non-normies like me might have a couple of webcam photos instead of natural photos in the wild (and only a couple, because we have too negative self-image to take more photos than necessary), no evidence of doing anything cool because we stay inside all day, not a lot of Facebook friends, etc. If they are truly hopeless wizards, their profile picture is probably of some cartoon girl they have a crush on from their animes (thank god I wasn't quite that hopeless).

I figured, the first thing people would do when I met and befriended them in real life would be ask for my Facebook. Even if they didn't, I'm sure they would creep my profile at some point. They would kind of get a feel for my social standing up until then by viewing my profile.

So, I got rid of it so that I would have more control over impression management by choosing how I present myself in person, and I wouldn't be as burdened by impressions of me informed by online profiles.

Kinda worked. When people asked if I had a Facebook and I said "no," they assumed it was because I was too cool for Facebook and that it was "beneath me," rather than because I am massively insecure and lacked a social life until adulthood. This one cougar who was talking to me at a party, when she asked if I was on Facebook and I told her "no," she half-jokingly responded, "I probably went down a few pegs in your eyes for asking that." I assured her that she didn't look down upon people who have Facebook profiles.

I had always intended my deactivation to be temporary until such time that I built up the social life that would allow me to have a cooler Facebook profile. But then I realized that I just didn't miss Facebook at all, so I never went back.

Old 10-04-2021, 05:40 PM   #12
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Talking

Seeing that part of Facebook's problem is that their entire business runs on Facebook servers, so not only do they not have work email or their usual internal tools, but their employee badges aren't working and they can't get into buildings, conference rooms, etc.

Also, I found this and it is delightful

Old 10-04-2021, 08:35 PM   #13
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Also i can contribute that Fbook is not really too helpful for ppl who experience mania.

Old 10-04-2021, 08:55 PM   #14
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
honestly it is probably a hugely important outlet for some old people
i have a friend that lives in Northern Iceland. She's kind of in a remote place and relies on social media to connect with people.

Old 10-05-2021, 08:37 AM   #15
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post

On my way up yet again too so don’t anyone please tell me if Fbook is fixed or i might go after my mom this time