Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2019, 10:02 PM   #61
Modern90's
Demi-God

regardless of click bait or whatever shit billy is talking about, i feel like at this point why hasnt everyone separated the art from the artist?

Old 08-12-2019, 10:07 PM   #62
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
hi billy
His drones are here in force

Old 08-12-2019, 10:32 PM   #63
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranchisePunter View Post
*Whispers*
The entire internet does it and nearly all digital media outlets empahsize the importance of headlines, SEO and searchable keywords

Remember when everyone trashed reality TV when Survivor started and then 15 different copycat shows emerged and everyone just got immune to it? Sort of the same thing.
I think I read that a lot of authors of articles don't actually write the headline. A separate person has the sole job of finding the right words to make people more interested in reading the article.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:46 PM   #64
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape View Post
How is it an insult, the dude is literally a hack, wanna-be-journalist and a huckster. He posts daily misleading headlines pulled from the most meaningless exchanges to trick idiots into clicking so some Google ad algorithm will give him a few bucks. That's his whole existence. Imagine how sad, lazy, and morally bankrupt you have to be to do that around the clock.

It's who you are, own it. Don't act like it's some huge insult when people notice and state the fact.

If I was a ratfucker I wouldn't get all misty eyed and act offended when someone called me one. I'd tip my cap and look for the next rat.
Dude landed an historic interview from one of the most notoriously reclusive icons of 90’s popular music, and it was the goat juiciest af pumpkins-related interview any of us had seen in probably ever

He may visibly rely on the clickrev, but this instance alone proves his journalistic cred, imo

Buttcanon = legend

Old 08-12-2019, 10:50 PM   #65
run2pee
Minion of Satan

The catharsis of reading that frikein D’arcy interview with all of u on here was nearly as sweet as those early pics of james touchin big willie on his shoulder, that time they played mayo at the plainsong and we all died together

And now mr b cannon has his very own legend of gettin big willie attacked, to add to his legend of bartcannon

Old 08-12-2019, 11:13 PM   #66
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

no netphorian has fucked with billy like the bretcannon has.

dude is basically our baphomet.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:21 AM   #67
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
no netphorian has fucked with billy like the bretcannon has.

dude is basically our baphomet.
Agreed - trolling Billy to this degree makes you a Netphorian legend 4 lyfe... I didn't think there was a level for Assartillery beyond posting the D'arcy texts, but here we are.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:01 AM   #68
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Dude landed an historic interview from one of the most notoriously reclusive icons of 90’s popular music, and it was the goat juiciest af pumpkins-related interview any of us had seen in probably ever

He may visibly rely on the clickrev, but this instance alone proves his journalistic cred, imo

Buttcanon = legend
this

Old 08-13-2019, 08:49 AM   #69
panda show
Ownz

needless to say, it is foul as hell and immature of billy to go after someone so personally in front of thousands of people who read his stories, but I can't help like feeling that some justice has been served considering that I feel what brett is writing is the lowest of the low junk tabloid journalism.
and it wouldn't matter if brett didn't have any influence and people weren't reading his shit, but they obviously do, since he's still going right at it.
whenever you actually google search smashing pumpkins, billy corgan, d'arcy or any related term (or any 90s band whatsoever) it won't take long for you to run into one of his articles. then you end up on his site, and quickly realize that it's complete shit.
the thing is, most people won't actually click the on the articles or go to the site. people take whatever is in the headline for granted and go on with their lives. you're feeding people bullshit and you don't feel the least bit guilty, well then I feel like you deserve to get called out for it.
l'll just refer to this thread for examples: http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187425

Oh, and before someone comes in and say "duh its 2019 all other media outlets use clickbait", yeah - no, they are nowhere near this level. actual news websites, that aren't run by one dude who writes all the articles from his phone, have actual dozens of journalists working who at least know how to use and make their clickbait not so obvious, and not reuse and recycle braindead titles. not to mention the fact that most news outlets (outside of literal junk level tabloids) aren't composed of nearly 100% non-news worthy trash like altnation is.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:06 PM   #70
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern90's View Post
regardless of click bait or whatever shit billy is talking about, i feel like at this point why hasnt everyone separated the art from the artist?
looooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll

Old 08-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #71
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda show View Post
needless to say, it is foul as hell and immature of billy to go after someone so personally in front of thousands of people who read his stories, but I can't help like feeling that some justice has been served considering that I feel what brett is writing is the lowest of the low junk tabloid journalism.
and it wouldn't matter if brett didn't have any influence and people weren't reading his shit, but they obviously do, since he's still going right at it.
whenever you actually google search smashing pumpkins, billy corgan, d'arcy or any related term (or any 90s band whatsoever) it won't take long for you to run into one of his articles. then you end up on his site, and quickly realize that it's complete shit.
the thing is, most people won't actually click the on the articles or go to the site. people take whatever is in the headline for granted and go on with their lives. you're feeding people bullshit and you don't feel the least bit guilty, well then I feel like you deserve to get called out for it.
l'll just refer to this thread for examples: http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187425

Oh, and before someone comes in and say "duh its 2019 all other media outlets use clickbait", yeah - no, they are nowhere near this level. actual news websites, that aren't run by one dude who writes all the articles from his phone, have actual dozens of journalists working who at least know how to use and make their clickbait not so obvious, and not reuse and recycle braindead titles. not to mention the fact that most news outlets (outside of literal junk level tabloids) aren't composed of nearly 100% non-news worthy trash like altnation is.
How is scoring an interview with D'arcy and an expose of the internal workings of the band "low junk tabloid journalism"?

Sure it's split into bite-size articles with clickbait headlines, but I don't think Buttcannon was ever aiming for a Pullitzer. He's making a living same as anyone, Corgan ought to respect that.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:29 PM   #72
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

OMG, did you guys see the latest news?

Old 08-14-2019, 08:19 PM   #73
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

that's fucking amazing, this whole narrative just went up a notch. an actual article featuring the name "Buttcannon," i must be dreaming!

Old 08-15-2019, 12:36 AM   #74
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs up

Very humble, no Buttcannon or Alt Nation in the headline:

Billy Corgan Takes Hilarious Shot After Pearl Jam Question

"Comments and reactions for this thread are now closed."

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 08-15-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:10 AM   #75
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post

Buttcanon = legend

Old 08-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #76
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
dude you’re touring in one of the biggest bands in the world
Speaking of fake news...