Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #91
<sp3

what do you think the chances that stellar and zeitgeist will be tracks on upcoming singles? seeing as how Death from Above is on the tarantula single..

in which case, i think i am going with the book, singles, and maybe the DVD and hoping for the best. I must admit, i got suckered into buying the itunes pre-release for the ticket thing as well.

I am really lazy.. i dont want to drive all the way to target.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #92
__mercurial__
Pledge

I'm in the UK - could anyone who has bought the iTunes pre-release tell me if there is any info on whether the pre-sale code looks like it would be valid outside the US? I don't have an iPod and I never buy from iTunes (I don't even know if people in Europe can get this pre-order thingy?). I've pre-ordered the CD+DVD *and* the CD+ book from other retailers so I'll get the damn thing twice now, and I don't feel like buying it again. Still, if it's the only way I'll end up getting tickets on an upcoming tour, then I might have to (grrr). I'd need to be pretty sure that the pre-sale code would cover Europe though. Any info? *confused*

Old 06-26-2007, 02:26 AM   #93
standing
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by __mercurial__
I'm in the UK - could anyone who has bought the iTunes pre-release tell me if there is any info on whether the pre-sale code looks like it would be valid outside the US? I don't have an iPod and I never buy from iTunes (I don't even know if people in Europe can get this pre-order thingy?). I've pre-ordered the CD+DVD *and* the CD+ book from other retailers so I'll get the damn thing twice now, and I don't feel like buying it again. Still, if it's the only way I'll end up getting tickets on an upcoming tour, then I might have to (grrr). I'd need to be pretty sure that the pre-sale code would cover Europe though. Any info? *confused*

don't let the pumpkins tell you you have to buy a 3rd copy of their album to get into their shows. Trust me, it aint gonna be that hard to get tickets when they go on a massive world tour.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:54 AM   #94
Fattening Ass
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I think the pricing behind ZITGHOST is probably much like the pricing behind the latest NIN release. Old fans will pay whatever and get screwed...

Old 06-26-2007, 07:10 AM   #95
Fritter
Ownz

Alright so the Australian iTunes version is different, there's 2 bonus tracks Stellar and Zeitgeist(which is pre-order only). Stellar is track 11 (comes before God and Country) and Zeitgeist is tacked on after Pomp. The cover's blue with an expected July 9 release date, also there's no Myspace covers.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:24 PM   #96
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

And the link to it:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...NMW_AUS_062607

Old 06-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #97
eyeboogers
Demi-God

Take note that the listing for the german cd+dvd edition has changed, it still says cd+dvd but it's changed the number of discs from 2 to 1, so sadly my guess is there is no dvd and this is the special edition with the book (and of interest to those international buyers who has ordered this edition the book is probably in german they're not big on the whole there are other languages in the world thing.)

Old 06-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #98
Virex Kills
Apocalyptic Poster

Hey ordinary apathy:
Can you add this info to the digital section?

iTunes international:
Comes with Stellar as track 11 (dont need to preorder...its part of the album)
If you pre-order, you dont get any code or cover track, but you get Zeitgeist as track 14.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #99
cokelogic
Pledge

So I have to buy the album at Target to get the bonus track, buy the single to get the b-side and then see if Stellar is sold on itunes seperately to get all the non-album tracks.

Now I have to figure out how to get the DVD.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:20 PM   #100
cokelogic
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virex Kills
So...could it be assumed that the full zeitgeist tracklist is as follows:

01. Doomsday Clock
02. 7 Shades of Black
03. Bleeding the Orchid
04. That's the Way (My Love Is)
05. Tarantula
06. Starz
07. United States
08. Neverlost
09. Death From Above (positioned here on the Best Buy album)
10. Bring the Light
11. (Come On) Let's Go!
12. For God and Country
13. Stellar (positioned here on the iTunes album)
14. Pomp and Circumstances
15. Zeitgeist (positioned here on the Target album)
That's nice. I think I'll make a comp disc in that order, once I collected them all.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #101
commander
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Take note that the listing for the german cd+dvd edition has changed, it still says cd+dvd but it's changed the number of discs from 2 to 1, so sadly my guess is there is no dvd and this is the special edition with the book (and of interest to those international buyers who has ordered this edition the book is probably in german they're not big on the whole there are other languages in the world thing.)
Firstly I can't really imagine beeing the book in german. But of course I might be wrong, you never know.
Secondly We can be pretty sure that the german cd+dvd version will also have the book (according to this: http://www.warnermusic.de/smashingpumpkins/news/)
Actually I suspect that there's a international special(/deluxe/collector's) edition with a book and a bonus dvd. This edition has the ASIN B000QGDIKM and is listed at Amazon.DE as version with CD+DVD and at Amazon.COM as version with book. So, let's all hope this is the case after all this multiple edition chaos

Old 06-27-2007, 10:01 PM   #102
wayners
Demi-God

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander
Actually I suspect that there's a international special(/deluxe/collector's) edition with a book and a bonus dvd. This edition has the ASIN B000QGDIKM and is listed at Amazon.DE as version with CD+DVD and at Amazon.COM as version with book.
I think you are correct!
http://www.amazon.com/Zeitgeist-Book...ie=UTF8&pf=dvd

Note that the category is "DVD Music" but the descripition says "w/ book"

edit: and they're both are purple! Case closed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #103
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayners
I think you are correct!
http://www.amazon.com/Zeitgeist-Book...ie=UTF8&pf=dvd

Note that the category is "DVD Music" but the descripition says "w/ book"

edit: and they're both are purple! Case closed.

so is the verdict that there is no bonus DVD with the German amazon zeitgeist??

Old 07-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #104
wayners
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpregen
No, I understood that the both purple
version has the dvd and the book,
only the description is different,
the amazon.com says 'w/ book' and
the amazon.de says 'w/ dvd', ok?

but that is what I thought,
I have no proof yet

Old 07-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #105
ordinary apathy
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virex Kills
Hey ordinary apathy:
Can you add this info to the digital section?
Yep!

Old 07-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #106
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

hey, random question.. does anyone know how to switch iTunes store locations? I clicked on someone's link for the Australian iTunes store, and now my iTunes will only search and buy from the Australian store.. how do I switch back to the US store? or maybe someone can just create a link for me that I can click on and get me back to the USA...

Old 07-01-2007, 11:36 PM   #107
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

go to Home and then scroll down to the bottom and change it

Old 07-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #108
null123
Minion of Satan

I pre-ordered the purple vinyl Zeitgeist. I think I might buy the Tarantula single and the red vinyl too. fuck..

Old 07-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #109
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpregen
I long wondered if this was just a big mistake in the listing... I mean, why would it only be for Germany? Yes, Zeitgeist is a German word, but them getting an exclusive DVD makes no sense for album sales, esp. when stores like BB and Target can promote the bonuses.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:31 AM   #110
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbag
I pre-ordered the purple vinyl Zeitgeist. I think I might buy the Tarantula single and the red vinyl too. fuck..
I don't think different color vinyl editions were ever really confirmed. Those stores could easily just have copied the album covers from another site, and one used red, other purple.

Also, the Acoustic Sounds site currently (7/1/07) does not have the album for sale, for some reason

Old 07-02-2007, 01:10 AM   #111
ordinary apathy
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiordan
I don't think different color vinyl editions were ever really confirmed. Those stores could easily just have copied the album covers from another site, and one used red, other purple.

Also, the Acoustic Sounds site currently (7/1/07) does not have the album for sale, for some reason
I see that. Weird. The only SP vinyl they have for sale now is Gish, SD, Adore, and Machina. I added a link to Music Direct, and added some question marks in the original post to indicate the general confusion regarding the issue.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:52 AM   #112
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic
go to Home and then scroll down to the bottom and change it
too easy.. thanks!

so are we allowed to browse and purchase from any country's store? i.e. the australian zeitgeist?

Old 07-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #113
minaloy
Amish Rake Fighter

i was wondering the same thing

Old 02-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #114
columbiaeagle
Amish Rake Fighter

Ok, I think I found a more relevant thread to ask my question. Sorry again for posting in the Trade-Related Thread. Here’s my question: I originally bought the Red Edition of Zeitgeist from iTunes, but I later found out the Red Edition did not ******* the song "Ma Belle". I have tried to find an audio clip of "Ma Belle" on the Internet, but I have failed. I don't know what "Ma Belle" sounds like; however, I would like to know before buying a Silver Edition of Zeitgeist from Amazon.com (from their Marketplace Seller section). Can someone tell me where on the Internet I can hear "Ma Belle" so I can decide if I like it or not? I am new to this forum so thank you any assistance.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #115
Morlock
Ownz

YouTube - Ma Belle (Smashing Pumpkins)

Old 02-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #116
columbiaeagle
Amish Rake Fighter

Thank you. I will enter that in the YouTube search box.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #117
columbiaeagle
Amish Rake Fighter

Well, I searched for Ma Belle (Smashing Pumpkins) in YouTube ....... one result was a cover of Ma Belle by someone and the other result was also a cover (although this second cover was re-mixed) ........ these are the results I had received originally ..... and I was hoping to hear a real album version rather than someone doing a cover ...... is a cover by someone as good as I can hope for? In the original thread I had posted my question (the Trade Thread section of the forum), a forum member offered an Internet link ..... I tried it several times but it doesn't seem to be working for me ..... maybe I'm not doing something correct ..... it said something about "servers not available ..... try again later" ........ so I will keep trying that link over the next day and see what happens ...... thanks for your help

Old 02-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #118
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Old 02-10-2010, 12:14 AM   #119
Hypocaust
Fucking up since '01

Smile

Suicide is the only answer.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #120
redbull
Immortal