Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2016, 03:26 PM   #121
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

and yeah vix, no president has ever been removed from office and only 2 have been impeached.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:32 PM   #122
hnibos
Braindead

But that's just one online poll from yesterday.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:19 PM   #123
Disco King
Minion of Satan

So Paul Ryan

You guys think he's gonna try to advocate for the party to unite behind Trump, or keep his distance so that when he eventually runs for president, he can campaign on having had stood up to Trump when Trump betrayed "conservative values?"

I dunno, I love watching how the establishment GOP reacts to Trump. They don't want to admit that Trump represents exactly the angry-white-guy demographic they've been courting for decades to capitalize on stupid people and mobilize them in support for the same neoliberal agenda that hurts them. When some anti-Trump GOPers claim that Trump is not a "true conservative," they point to positions he's held in the past but no longer holds, like on abortion. Or to his protectionism, because there is a myth that the GOP is for free trade, when they are actually for free trade in instances that benefit their corporate investors, and protectionism in instances that benefit their corporate investors. Even revered St. Reagan was an incredibly protectionist president. Trump is no different, it's just that, in the fashion of European nationalist conservatives, he campaigns on protectionism to appeal to labourers in internationally non-competitive sectors who think the problem is China rather than corporations.

I mean, I guess he criticized the Iraq War, but so have other Republicans (in hindsight). Overall, he's the perfect conservative. Except not really, because he's too rich to need the money of the party's investors. So that makes him a terrible conservative, because all that other culture-war bullshit has only ever been a tool to push through the financial agenda.

But since Trump announced that he won't be using his own money for the general election, and the Koch bros. are already tacitly supporting him, I'm guessing the establishment guys will find themselves suddenly warm to him and rallying behind him and saying that he always was a true conservative after all.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:06 PM   #124
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
But that's just one online poll from yesterday.

I told y'all the polls would tighten and I told you why. But hey, if you wanna hold on to what they showed month ago, be my guest.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:24 PM   #125
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I trust math and science, fuzzy. Most of my forecasts about this election are based on mathematical models and a historical understanding of how elections have gone down in the past. I'm not sure how that makes me a "CNN sheep" when you are the one eating up some nonsense anecdotal narrative and I'm pointing to actual quantifiable information.

If your political calculus doesn't factor in this variable, you're not doing it right.

How to Hack an Election

Sepúlveda’s contention that operations like his happen on every continent is plausible, says David Maynor, who runs a security testing company in Atlanta called Errata Security.

Andrés Sepúlveda

Having helped to bring Mexican president Enrique Peña Nieto to power, Mr Sepúlveda was asked whether the US presidential campaign was being similarly manipulated.

"I'm 100 per cent sure it is," he said.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:30 PM   #126
The Omega Concern
Banned

New Court Filing Reveals How the 2004 Ohio Presidential Election Was Hacked

Michael Connell. Connell served as the IT guru for the Bush family and Karl Rove. Connell ran the private IT firm GovTech that created the controversial system that transferred Ohio's vote count late on election night 2004 to a partisan Republican server site in Chattanooga, Tennessee owned by SmarTech. That is when the vote shift happened, not predicted by the exit polls, that led to Bush's unexpected victory. Connell died a month and a half after giving this deposition in a suspicious small plane crash.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:39 PM   #127
redbreegull

literally no one here said the polls wouldn't tighten

Old 05-13-2016, 10:40 PM   #128
The Omega Concern
Banned

I did.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:43 PM   #129
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
I did.
lol wut

Old 05-13-2016, 10:47 PM   #130
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
and also I don't know what PPP poll TOC's Washington Times article is talking about (lol the washington times), because as you can clearly see right fucking up there on that graphic, the PPP poll released on the 9th shows Clinton with a 6 point lead

I cited their poll from May 10th, which shows a 4 point lead.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:48 PM   #131
redbreegull

a ten point reversal in one day might indicate something strange happening with the poll

Old 05-13-2016, 10:58 PM   #132
The Omega Concern
Banned

So the polls tighten. so what. So they throw her under the bus at some point and run with Sanders or Biden, why would that matter when she's just another Neo-Con with a few choice politically correct positions?

Hillary’s Latest Scandal: She And Bill Siphoned $100 Mil From Mideast Leaders

The investigation by the Daily Caller News Foundation has uncovered a disturbing pattern of the Clintons’ raising money for the Clinton Foundation from regimes that have checkered records on human rights and that aren’t always operating in the best interests of the U.S. By the way, the $100 million we mentioned above doesn’t appear to ******* another $30 million given to the Clintons by two Mideast-based foundations and four billionaire Saudis.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:00 PM   #133
redbreegull

no one is throwing her out man, she's the nom and in all likelihood the next POTUS

Old 05-13-2016, 11:06 PM   #134
The Omega Concern
Banned

Stew Webb agrees with you...well, at least in the sense he's claiming Comey is selling out and if so, she will be coronated into office most assuredly.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:29 AM   #135
iB0lly
Banned

If James Comey got the VP slot it would raise some eyebrows.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:34 AM   #136
redbreegull

honest majority of people cast a vote for a candidate he doesn't like = "coronated"

Old 05-15-2016, 01:41 AM   #137
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
honest majority of people cast a vote for a candidate he doesn't like = "coronated"

Ralph Nader: Clinton’s Winning By ‘Dictatorship’

"She's going to win by dictatorship. Twenty-five percent of superdelegates are cronies, mostly. They weren't elected. They were there in order to stop somebody like Bernie Sanders, who would win by the vote."

Old 05-15-2016, 02:42 AM   #138
redbreegull

yeah but she's going to win the popular vote so that shit makes no difference

Old 05-15-2016, 02:42 AM   #139
redbreegull

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d1&oe=57E4E1BB

Old 05-15-2016, 08:28 AM   #140
fuzzyroes
Banned

You're so immature

Old 05-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #141
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post

"She's going to win by dictatorship. Twenty-five percent of superdelegates are cronies, mostly. They weren't elected. They were there in order to stop somebody like Bernie Sanders, who would win by the vote."

um, except that Sanders is behind clinton by 3.1 million votes. Clinton now has 12.5 million to Sanders's 9.4 million. And 8 years ago she had more votes than Obama and still lost the nomination. you'd think that if she was so all powerful she'd have gotten all those Super Delegates and she'd have been president in 2008!

the notion that she is some kind of dictator is ridiculous. if she is why'd she lose to Obama? it's even more ridiculous that some Sanders supporters seem to think that Sanders is winning. He has 20% fewer votes, fewer delgates and no real chance of getting the nomination.

Sanders is trying to get a foot hold at the convention to control the party platform. The party platform is roundly ignored. It's symbolic. And if he really cared about it he wouldn't have waited 40 years to join the Democratic party. You don't get a seat at the table by registering as a Dem last year.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:37 PM   #142
Elphenor
Braindead

But the Democratic Party sucks I think Sanders is trying to push it in the right direction

Old 05-16-2016, 09:44 PM   #143
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

barnie saunders for king

Old 05-17-2016, 12:02 AM   #144
hnibos
Braindead

Spoken lIke a true anarchist

Old 05-17-2016, 01:10 AM   #145
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
um, except that Sanders is behind clinton by 3.1 million votes. Clinton now has 12.5 million to Sanders's 9.4 million. And 8 years ago she had more votes than Obama and still lost the nomination. you'd think that if she was so all powerful she'd have gotten all those Super Delegates and she'd have been president in 2008!

the notion that she is some kind of dictator is ridiculous. if she is why'd she lose to Obama? it's even more ridiculous that some Sanders supporters seem to think that Sanders is winning. He has 20% fewer votes, fewer delgates and no real chance of getting the nomination.

Sanders is trying to get a foot hold at the convention to control the party platform. The party platform is roundly ignored. It's symbolic. And if he really cared about it he wouldn't have waited 40 years to join the Democratic party. You don't get a seat at the table by registering as a Dem last year.

That vote count is as rigged as the Superdelegates are crooked cronies. Like the election hacker said, "I deal in the real world of politics", that's the part I observe. There's been enough old school voter suppression and new-age computer hacking to show Hillary is up a number of which makes her delegate lead seem plausible.

Bernie and Donald were the only two candidates consistently drawing over 15,000 people at rallies throughout the campaign. Hillary and Bill played to empty rooms save the scattering of sycophants. Nader is right, if not for the dictatorial moves by them on the voting apparatus itself, Sanders would win.

The Neo-Con's did everything they could to suppress Trump's vote count, but it wasn't enough. Looks like they threw in the towel by the time of the W.V. primary with him at 77%.

You're right that the Democratic machine wouldn't allow Sanders a seat at the table. He was chosen to be a fall guy. They didn't think they would have to pull out all the stops to get Hillary over on him, but they had to.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:14 PM   #146
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

LOL

Old 05-17-2016, 01:41 PM   #147
The Omega Concern
Banned

Here's a Bernie supporter who does a nice job detailing Hillary's crimes and calls out her supporters as fools:

Old 05-17-2016, 07:30 PM   #148
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/25061922.jpg

Old 05-17-2016, 09:42 PM   #149
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I tried to watch that guy because I do think it's dodgy that stuff is missing, but there were no graphics and also he didn't use music, it was just him talking, and I couldn't listen to him not even really know what he wanted to say.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:54 PM   #150
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post

Why calling you a knuckledragging moron is apropos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I tried to watch that guy because I do think it's dodgy that stuff is missing, but there were no graphics and also he didn't use music, it was just him talking, and I couldn't listen to him not even really know what he wanted to say.

Idiocracy much? I think your just being a bit lazy, but the salient points are at 6:13:

"Only a fool would believe that Hillary Clinton would have a private server for convenience and only a fool would believe Hillary deleted 30,000 emails; and that now, Pagliano emails for 4 years are non-existent...If you believe all of this is for convenience, you're a fool."

Later on he rightly challenges Hillary supporters that if Trump wins, it's perfectly o.k. for him to have a private server off the books since its no big deal and that every cabinet official should be allowed to do this as well.

like, what difference does it make, right?