Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #61
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid_interval

jimmys version will be the best one and contain the metro dvd, but from only one camera angle, pointed at his face for the entire 4 hours.
this would be awesome if it was full body/drumset. I would really like to see a whole SP show on Jimmy Cam.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:05 PM   #62
smashkin33
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermcphilp
like my grandma always says, "stick with what you know" and i know shoes and booze.
so you're into shoes? do you have a thing for milano blahniks?

Old 09-26-2007, 04:07 PM   #63
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

no, i hate my toes.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #64
Pheeew
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85
this would be awesome if it was full body/drumset. I would really like to see a whole SP show on Jimmy Cam.

The DMB (I know they aren't too popular around here, but I don't give a fuck) DVD from the Gorge concert features a few songs where you can choose which camera to watch. I pick the Carter Beauford angle every time.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #65
<sp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet1979
In any other situation, you'd be right about that statement. This was an exception to anything that has gone on before (at least to my knowledge). It is completely funded by the vendors and they are giving all of the media supervisors quite a special treatment. So far, he's been given a PS3 with 5 Blu Ray movies, a copy of Halo 3 on Monday night, and a copy of Knocked Up on HD DVD. He said that it's practically like E3 because there are booths all over with playable games that haven't hit the market yet.

As I said before, he wasn't super sure of specific details, but the things he's sure of is that: he saw what the box is going to look like, the person announcing it mentioned "all songs recorded during zeitgeist sessions," and a "making-of dvd spanning over the 2 year process," and that it probably is coming out some time in October seeing as he could have misheard the date but definitely heard October. The reason these guys are hearing about it first is because they're supervisors of the department for the franchise that will be having the exclusive. I can understand the skepticism given SP's history, and I certainly can't give my personal testimony, but I'm just reporting what I've been told by someone I believe I can trust.

Monte gives a good possibility. It could be October 23rd... it's very plausible that the announcer could have said 23rd and he heard it as the 3rd. I suppose time will tell.
those conventions are quite common.. i went to trade shows all the time (some examples being for xbox, game cube, and windows XP when they were all coming out,) and they gave me tons of free shit. There are also companies like "cyber smart" that anyone in retail can go too, that host many companies at the same time. Their purpose is to educate the people who will be selling the items.. so that they will know how to better push them to the consumers.. and yes you are right. Free samples are plentiful at events like this.

But those events were never used to unveil secret projects kept under wraps.. everyone knew what they were going to be prior to attending them. I am not saying is impossible.. i just strongly believe that SOMEBODY besides your buddy would have heard about this by now.. if it is coming out in october. I doubt they would try to not publicize this sooner.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #66
smashkin33
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermcphilp
no, i hate my toes.
i'm sorry. but you know, they probably make a cream/ointment for whatever you have!!!

Old 09-26-2007, 04:22 PM   #67
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

they don't have a cream that cures big ugly fat toes!

Old 09-26-2007, 04:26 PM   #68
sh sh shayne
Ownz

So wait best buy had a long detailed meeting about zeitgiest? Some reason i don't belive this.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #69
<sp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh sh shayne
So wait best buy had a long detailed meeting about zeitgiest? Some reason i don't belive this.

no.. thats not what he is saying.. i know exactly what he is trying to say from my experience working at best buy..

but i still dont believe it.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:37 PM   #70
<sp3

also.. Bullet1979...

ask your friend exactly what conference he was at, and it will be very easy to look up online what venders were there, and confirm or disprove this rumor.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #71
Caine Walker
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
So wait best buy had a long detailed meeting about zeitgiest?
yup, my friend greg who is a manager at one of the stores around here confirmed that they had a ridiculously long conversation about how zeitgeist is exactly the same as gish.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #72
sh sh shayne
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine Walker
yup, my friend greg who is a manager at one of the stores around here confirmed that they had a ridiculously long conversation about how zeitgeist is exactly the same as gish.

Brush your teeth, the shit your spewing out is offending.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #73
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

Talking

Quote:
remarkable!

Old 09-26-2007, 04:44 PM   #74
Caine Walker
Braindead

Quote:
Brush your teeth, the shit your spewing out is offending.
brushing doesn't help. the smell is actually coming from the canyon of a cavity i have in one of my molars. sorry, bro. can't be helped.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #75
CrabbMan
Amish Hoe Fighter

that whole "no record x2 rule" is so 1990s.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #76
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

i used to work at bby and still have a friend that is a media supervisor, i'll see if he knows anything

Old 09-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #77
Caine Walker
Braindead

just show him this:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...hzeitgeist.jpg

he'll know exactly what you're talking about.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:28 PM   #78
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Man, the bastard will stop at nothing to sell a few more albums.

What he should do is attached a dvd of each individual act of the final metro show with zeitgiest, that would make me buy 4 copies.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #79
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
CONFIRMED

Old 09-26-2007, 06:32 PM   #80
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

that was just about re-recording songs in the studio, man. not putting out new versions of albums with the same songs (and maybe some new ones). though I do agree it is lame.

No record x2 rule would be like if the Daydream b-side on TTW was studio

edit: to Crabbman... I had the thread open for awhile and missed some posts there

Old 09-26-2007, 11:13 PM   #81
Bullet1979
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by
also.. Bullet1979...

ask your friend exactly what conference he was at, and it will be very easy to look up online what venders were there, and confirm or disprove this rumor.
It's not necessarily a conference that's going to have a name. It's very specifically a Best Buy conference. They're all getting paid 40 hours to be there - my understanding is that it is a completely internal conference with funding from the vendors. I've been to conventions before put on by AMD and Intel that are a lot like you may be thinking of, but this is Best Buy ONLY. For instance, they even booked Jimmy Eat World to come play at the hotel and only the media supervisors or corporate workers can attend.

I was only able to talk to him for a few minutes today and he said that it was a powerpoint presentation showing exclusives that Best Buy was going to have in the near future (SP's Zeitgeist, the guitar hero 3 faceplates, and something about Tom Petty). He said the box that he said he saw and the faceplates were pictures in the powerpoint presentation.

His explanation for the reason for no one else hearing about it is that this conference is still going on - it's a collection of supervisors from across the country and it's going on for quite a few days (5 days I believe) at this hotel. He also mentioned that at the hotel that they're all staying at, the internet is not working. He's pissed because he got a free PS3 and he can't play it online after paying $10 for internet.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:16 PM   #82
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

your story has too many loopholes

explain

Old 09-26-2007, 11:18 PM   #83
chrisothoulo
Demi-God

thats gay.. like why wouldnt they just release this version on july 10 and only this version? what a scam...
not a scam from the pumpkins.. but reprise im sure!

Old 09-26-2007, 11:24 PM   #84
Bullet1979
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactlythesame
your story has too many loopholes

explain
Where are the loopholes? My friend who is a supervisor at Best Buy was at a Best Buy-Only convention where they announced a Best Buy exclusive. An announcement of a Best Buy exclusive event happening at a Best Buy Convention doesn't seem too entirely out of the question to me.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:27 PM   #85
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

maybe to you

but the rest of us can see thru your cheap ruse

Old 09-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #86
Bullet1979
Pledge

It's depressing how jaded the majority of SP fans are.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #87
flyfire
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skradgee
why does the band need to bob on Best Buy's knob? what the crap?
not bobbing fast enough Zeit is POP

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3838/bbzeitjpgbg0.jpg

Old 09-27-2007, 12:06 AM   #88
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85
that was just about re-recording songs in the studio, man. not putting out new versions of albums with the same songs (and maybe some new ones). though I do agree it is lame.

No record x2 rule would be like if the Daydream b-side on TTW was studio
You are correct, but it doesn't really matter much. The "no record 2x rule" was already blown to pieces by the Machina era anyway.

That said, it would be cool if this exclusive actually comes about, assuming its not just a totally shameless money grab. If we get a decent making of DVD and at least 3 or more unheard songs in addition to the previously released b-sides, then I'll be happy. If we get some kind of chopped up mess like the MSOTS DVD was and a re-release of songs everyone has by now, I'll be pissed. I think if I'm going to expect anything, I'll expect the latter. Being a Pumpkin fan has taught me that if the idea of a future release sounds too good to be true, then it either A) is too good to be true, or B) is not ever going to come out.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:25 AM   #89
starlaluna
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashkin33
so you're into shoes? do you have a thing for milano blahniks?
who the hell is Milano Blahniks? is that some Manolo Blahnik knock off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corganist
Being a Pumpkin fan has taught me that if the idea of a future release sounds too good to be true, then it either A) is too good to be true, or B) is not ever going to come out.
yup...its so sad to be in love with SP

Old 09-27-2007, 03:51 AM   #90
SOLIDAge
Pledge

i will denounce / confirm this rumor tomorrow.
If it's coming out, it will show up in best buy's stock system.
I'll do the SKU search tomorrow.
and report back.