Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2002, 12:18 PM   #1
Aeroplane

Question Most overlooked (and in your opinion) good SP song?

Cupid de Locke

Old 04-24-2002, 01:27 PM   #2
smashingjj

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeroplane:
Cupid de Locke
no

Old 04-24-2002, 01:54 PM   #3
Smiley

Thumbs up

Offer Up
In My Body
Innosence
the Gravity Demos

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc
http://www.suicidekiss.org

Old 04-24-2002, 02:00 PM   #4
ATOMBOMBboy

I'd have to agree with smiley on In my Body... a great great song.

Old 04-24-2002, 02:09 PM   #5
pale_princess

Angry

all james songs! well except the bells...

Old 04-24-2002, 02:15 PM   #6
Mathboy

Yeah, "In my Body" is way overlooked. And I don't think that "My Mistake" has gotten enough attention, either.

Old 04-24-2002, 02:31 PM   #7
Aeroplane

i respect your opinions, but for "In My Body",

no.

Old 04-24-2002, 02:38 PM   #8
Smiley

Quote:
Originally posted by pale_princess:
James has some really good songs. I think The Boy is a great song that is often overlooked. But I definitely agree with what you said about The Bells... in fact, I might even go as far as to say that it's my least favorite SP song.

edit: Oh wait, I forgot about Le Deux Machina. Okay, The Bells isn't my least favorite SP song afterall. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc

[This message has been edited by Smiley (edited 04-24-2002).]

Old 04-24-2002, 02:47 PM   #9
Smiley

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeroplane:
i respect your opinions, but for "In My Body",

no.
I think In My Body is the kind of song that you either totally love, or you can't stand it. Personally, I think it is a very unique song... it's hypnotizing like Obscured, but has that sort of haunted feel of Blue Skies Bring Tears (album version) and Speed Kills (b-side version). But I think it pulls that feeling off better than any of those songs. It's one of the few long songs that I can listen to on repeat and not get tired of (Drown would be the other one).

But I also think it's an acquired taste... at first, I didn't know what to think of In My Body. I had to listen to it for a while before I realized what a great song it is. I guess some people aren't willing to give it the chance it deserves. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif

Anyway, it's my favorite song on Machina 2. Well, tied with LMGTWTY.

------------------

Old 04-24-2002, 02:47 PM   #10
pale_princess

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Smiley:
edit: Oh wait, I forgot about Le Deux Machina. Okay, The Bells isn't my least favorite SP song afterall. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Old 04-24-2002, 03:56 PM   #11
Kumar Littlejeans

sparrow > the majority of judas o

[This message has been edited by Kumar Littlejeans (edited 04-24-2002).]

Old 04-24-2002, 04:04 PM   #12
Sacred Age Of Innocence

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by pale_princess:
Fuck yeah, man where are James troo fanz!!!

Old 04-24-2002, 04:15 PM   #13
Aeroplane

Quote:
Originally posted by Smiley:
I think In My Body is the kind of song that you either totally love, or you can't stand it. Personally, I think it is a very unique song... it's hypnotizing like Obscured, but has that sort of haunted feel of Blue Skies Bring Tears (album version) and Speed Kills (b-side version). But I think it pulls that feeling off better than any of those songs. It's one of the few long songs that I can listen to on repeat and not get tired of (Drown would be the other one).

But I also think it's an acquired taste... at first, I didn't know what to think of In My Body. I had to listen to it for a while before I realized what a great song it is. I guess some people aren't willing to give it the chance it deserves. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif

Anyway, it's my favorite song on Machina 2. Well, tied with LMGTWTY.

yeah, I started some big argument a month ago over In My Body. I just can't get into it. Starla is a long song that I play over and over and over . . .

Old 04-24-2002, 04:19 PM   #14
Mayfuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumar Littlejeans:
sparrow > the majority of judas o

[This message has been edited by Kumar Littlejeans (edited 04-24-2002).]
Thank you.

Old 04-24-2002, 05:05 PM   #15
Cecil

Talking

No, No and NO! *******Stars Fall In******* Rocks so hard! My God, the SOLOS make you want to jump out of your seat and air guitar. The words are so good they can only be described as "Billy's". The line,"once my words were dangerous, now they just seem blastphemous" that is off the charts in describing the perils of growng up and finding your way thru this world...and I could pull like 10 more. And the oooh oooh oooh ooohhs!! Coolest thing ever!! You gotta love it! I've loved this song since I first heard it in Real Audio on the S-P.net like 4 years ago...and it still rocks justs as hard!

The song has a quality that I think usually makes into some of the best SP songs...songs like on Siamese and Gish where the songs are serious but they're fun too! I can't understand why this song (and way too many of the pre-gishers) just sat and collected dust...This could've been a finalle song live!

And this song never gets talked about.
------------------
Viva la Marked!

[This message has been edited by Cecil (edited 04-24-2002).]

Old 04-24-2002, 05:29 PM   #16
KrazeePumpkin

Where Boys Fear To Tread.....not necessarily a GREAT song, but a good one that always makes me feel good. One of my favourites that no one really talks about.

Old 04-24-2002, 07:22 PM   #17
Patrick William

Five words: Tales Of A Scorched Earth!
and three more: Age Of Innocence

- AOI should've been a video (in the 1979 / Perfect line)

Also: Blew Away (especially live)
The Tale of Dusty & Pistol Pete
Mouths of Babes
Pennies hasn't been talked about for a while - it can't be talked about enough anyway

and dammit! Dross! Dross Dross Dross!

Patrick

------------------
=====================
www.pwarcham.cjb.net
AIM: Asterixx
=====================

Old 04-24-2002, 07:48 PM   #18
Travis Meeks

I think Glynis is very under rated

Old 04-24-2002, 09:09 PM   #19
Stearnsie

I'm pretty keen on Blissed and Gone.

Old 04-24-2002, 09:56 PM   #20
Siva 2007

I agree with most of the songs mentioned, especially Cupid de Locke and In My Body.
(While I really love Blissed and Gone, I don't think that song is overlooked. It seems to me that it gets a lot of recognition)

Anyway, I'd add to the list

-To Forgive
-The Last Song (I don't think anyone really dislikes that song, but it sure isn't discussed often...)
-TCTOM (yes, I do like that song!)

Old 04-24-2002, 10:15 PM   #21
Cecil

Red face

YES...Glynis is SOOOO underated! I wish their was a whole album like Glynis! *sigh*

------------------
Viva la Marked!

Old 04-24-2002, 10:59 PM   #22
ModernCheeze

Quote:
Originally posted by Siva 2007:
(While I really love Blissed and Gone, I don't think that song is overlooked. It seems to me that it gets a lot of recognition)
Most everyone here likes the acoustic Blissed and Gone, but this board is mostly made up of Offical Release Haters.

In the same vein of B&G, I haven't heard much talk about Waiting since the sampler came out. I fucking love that song.

I also really like Soot and Stars, alot more than most of the rest of Judas O. Most everyone else dislikes it, but then again, alot of people like Winterlong too.

------------------
-JJ

"Everyone hates a sad professor. I hate where I wound up."
AIM: nu100

Old 04-24-2002, 11:13 PM   #23
Kumar Littlejeans

All the adore/machina "billy with a loop" songs are great in some way. This includes Waiting, Soot and Stars, Crying Tree...whatnot.

Old 04-24-2002, 11:49 PM   #24
smiling politely

Quote:
Originally posted by ModernCheeze:
Most everyone here likes the acoustic Blissed and Gone, but this board is mostly made up of Offical Release Haters.
Only if it was officially released during the Machina era. And in many cases, they're perfectly justified in doing so.

Old 04-25-2002, 12:07 AM   #25
ModernCheeze

Quote:
Originally posted by smiling politely:
Only if it was officially released during the Machina era. And in many cases, they're perfectly justified in doing so.
I was refering to Blissed and Gone. I agree with you about the Machina stuff. I think they ruined Home, my favorite Arising song.

Old 04-25-2002, 12:27 AM   #26
Travis Meeks

Quote:
Originally posted by ModernCheeze:
I was refering to Blissed and Gone. I agree with you about the Machina stuff. I think they ruined Home, my favorite Arising song.

Machina was just an overall disaster
but I do still enjoy it

Old 04-25-2002, 12:58 AM   #27
Reyngel

Appels + Oranjes
Pug
Love
Glynis
The Imploding Voice
Sparrow

Old 04-25-2002, 07:13 AM   #28
Oblivious

Talking

first and foremost - my mistake

and also:
chewing gum
do you close your eyes
blissed and gone
farewell and goodnight
waiting
my dahlia
feelium
jackboot
bullet train to osaka

------------------
Darwin on LSD. Darwin on speed. Throwing rocks around. Knocking cities to the ground. Wondering why it even lasted this long.

Old 04-25-2002, 07:17 AM   #29
Brazil.Virex

Cool

home

Old 04-25-2002, 08:07 AM   #30
liquid slide

home, to forgive and shame.
very different, but good. home is really poppy and uplifting, to forgive is depressing and shame is just really....atmospheric

------------------
the aeroplane moves whether you want it to or not. cram packed with fuel injected jet missile action, this is war motherfucker and don't you forget it for one second.