Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM   #121
incubator
Ownz

Who cares. Jack Bates is the future of this band.

Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM   #122
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: in the line for drinks (or is it just tickets to buy the drinks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Didn't you say you were in your late 20s before? You being 23 makes so much more sense
not sure that i agree with ya a hundred percent on your policework there, Lou!

Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM   #123
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Location: FlamingGlobes and FoolofaTook are both on my ignore list, and honestly, I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
Who cares. Jack Bates is the future of this band.

Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM   #124
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: in the line for drinks (or is it just tickets to buy the drinks?)

he's right though

have you seen their newest t-shirt design?

Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM   #125
FoolofaTook

Location: FlamingGlobes and FoolofaTook are both on my ignore list, and honestly, I love it.

No but I can guess. Jeff in a metal bikini chained to Jack recumbent on a dais?

Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM   #126
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Jimmy wrote With Sympathy. His first ever song by the pumpkins. But yes he's not even contributing, right.
Whatís your source for that info? Iíve seen him credited for that unless I missed it.

Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM   #127
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Whatís your source for that info? Iíve seen him credited for that unless I missed it.
they've brought this up in a handful of interviews and also insta posts. i think the lars ulrich interview billy says this is jimmy's first writing credit etc etc

Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM   #128
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Screenshot-20200918-181554-com-android-chrome

Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM   #129
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster

Cool to know. It’s also the best song on that album.

Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #130
brothahi4L
Ownz

Agree.....

Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM   #131
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

funky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic linefunky chucka chucka bit between the melodic line

Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM   #132
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Jimmy wrote With Sympathy. His first ever song by the pumpkins. But yes he's not even contributing, right.
nah, he wrote the song zeitgeist as well

Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM   #133
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

He writes stuff differently now. Whereas something like BWBW was played live for at least 2 years before becoming a radio friendly unit shifter, this new stuff is just written by Billy in isolation. Like going back to Zeitgeist this is how it's been. No Jame or Darcy to reign in his questionable taste. Just coasting on his songwriting prowess to churn out average - ish songs for 15 years now. That coupled with his sterile vocals and you have a recipe for very average music. Even if Jimmy and James were involved, we wouldn't know. That being said I do think this new stuff is on par with Oceania and Zeitgeist.

Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #134
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
nah, he wrote the song zeitgeist as well
He didn't

Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM   #135
Ram27
Minion of Satan

he wrote the drum parts for 98% of the catalog

Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM   #136
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
He didn't
He did

Although I think only the music, not the lyrics

Last edited by Oklahoma Sexual : Yesterday at 09:51 PM.

Old Today, 05:49 AM   #137
brothahi4L
Ownz

The song zeitgeist ( b side) is better than cyr and color of love imo.

Where is the risk of making sthg completely different? He copies the 80 sounds cause they are hip now?

It is like ronaldo wanna play in the nba. Bully, you are trying a different sport with your half baked synth cheese pop.... why dont you use your and the bands strength?

Critics reviews are overall negative, just some mid 40 milfs applauding.

This band has become a parody and a joke. And bully boy deserves it.you know he now gers what he deserves for bashing music colleagues,band members, fans etc.....

3 stars out of 5

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/si...-pumpkins/cyr/

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album...mpkins-cyr.php

Old Today, 06:35 AM   #138
FoolofaTook

Old Today, 08:01 AM   #139
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
He did

Although I think only the music, not the lyrics
He didn't

Screenshot-20200919-130202-com-android-chrome