Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2014, 04:04 AM   #11
panda show
Ownz

billy just needs to cut the crap.. I mean, the only thing I was even looking forward to in the machina reissue was some arising footage being released, since I'm pretty sure all of the shows were recorded.. but I'm not sure we'll be getting any of that.

billy needs to get it in his head that nobody cares about the machina storyline anymore, or whatever concept/rock opera he wants to make out of it. it was a bad and weak idea in the first place, it seems as if he came up with it just because he knew the band was gonna end (in late 1998) and he wanted them to have some kind of spectacular-triple album-rock opera-concept ending in which the band would have to act the exaggerated versions of themselves (as they were portrayed in the media), just because...... he wanted to.
and he wanted to do such a thing - forgetting that there's no way his record company will let him after the poor sales of adore.. that completely ruined the already weak concept, what added more was the departure of d'arcy midway through the recording of the album and the band (besides billy) being completely disinterested in the concept..
all of that just caused to the band to end in a way billy didn't hope to, without them making a last big record.. instead, he made half a record, which was a commercial failure, then released the other half online for free, without anyone understanding whatever the fuck the concept actually was, and the band disintegrated leaving billy disappointed, so he could once again blame everyone else for his failure.

so what makes him think people will actually be interested to see a concept album (which was ruined a long time ago) in its "true form"? especially whan half of the 'concept' is missing (the band playing the characters and all that shit)..