Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #31
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

I like how Billy Corgan will put his working class hat on when he promotes wrestling and attacks "globalists," and then takes it off to insult JC, basically implying the guy had no skills and would be "driving a white van" without him. A very classist insult. Keep it classy Bald Lord of the Chicago Suburbs.

Old 12-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #32
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Oh right, and sometimes (ghosts) he has a fucking teahouse. in touch with the people. is BC schizophrenic?

Old 12-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #33
RAWK
Pledge

After seeing the ego-filled spectacle he put on during the recent tour, I cannot cut him any slack. He's not misunderstood or living in the shadow of his early success. He's just an asshole who pissed everything away because he is so fucking full of himself.

Old 12-13-2018, 03:53 PM   #34
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
plus, you know, he goes out of his way to piss off fans. of course we're gonna bitch @ the cracka
this kind of behavior can be admirable

except it's fake as shit and all that matters to him is having a large fanbase

Peter Murphy just got thrown out of his own show for throwing glass bottles into an audience that was talking too loud

Old 12-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #35
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy brings it on himself when he dresses like he does on Jimmy Kimmel and this tour. I think the shows would be better without all of the theatrics.

Also plus 1 with what RAWK said

Old 12-13-2018, 04:06 PM   #36
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaFritz View Post
Oh right, and sometimes (ghosts) he has a fucking teahouse. in touch with the people. is BC schizophrenic?
he's not schizophrenic, but he definitely has a powerful narcissistic complex, low self of steam, constant need for extreme validation (nothing below being told he is the best at everything will do), and abusive behaviors towards those around him. my guess is that the childhood trauma he endured caused him to indulge extensively in escapist thought patterns (for instance about leaving his body, feeling like he is destined for something great, feeling like no one understands him like he's from some other world) which have essentially carried over into adulthood leaving him susceptible to all sorts of wingnut worldviews and faux-mystical cosmic babble, and the especially obnoxious practice of constantly rewriting his personal narrative and that of the band to fit whatever he wants to use those things for in the given moment.

I don't think there is anything terribly unusual about BC's mental problems/personality disorders. He was an abused kid and it really messed him up. Add in that he's not especially educated on a lot of things (seriously I'm not sure I can believe this guy ever considered studying political science cause has analytic/critical thinking skills are awful) and he's about just what one might expect him to be like.

The one unusual factor here is that he happens to be an extremely talented musician, made it big, and was never forced to balance his fucked up view of the world and himself with real life

Old 12-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #37
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post

Peter Murphy just got thrown out of his own show for throwing glass bottles into an audience that was talking too loud
throwing shit at the audience is not admirable or cool, it's really fucking lame

Old 12-13-2018, 04:29 PM   #38
FoolofaTook

yeah hella lols @ elphenor

assholes are always cool when they're in books or on screens... try dealing with one in real life. can you imagine being hit by a glass bottle? it's happened to me, and it ain't fun.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #39
FoolofaTook

"it's ok to be a cunt. you just have to in earnest."

Old 12-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #40
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

do you truly think the bottle hurt worse than the man who was told to "fuck off" by a golden god?

Old 12-13-2018, 04:46 PM   #41
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
run2pee were you the one who recommended breakfast of champs? cos i can't put it down. it's that good.
Though I may be above murdering you, I am open to stepping outside of my comfort zone.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #42
Cool As Ice Cream

stop saying "at the end of the day". thank you.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #43
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Of course, let’s face it, at the end of th day, i mean sure, c’mon, when you think about it, as much as the next guy, but when it comes down to it

Old 12-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #44
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
stop saying "at the end of the day". thank you.
Look,

Old 12-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #45
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

what have you been doing at the end of the day?

Old 12-13-2018, 06:49 PM   #46
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

When you think about it, at the end of the day, I'm just too tired to jerk off.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:58 PM   #47
FoolofaTook

wait so buzzard recommended breakfast of champs?

Old 12-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #48
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
throwing shit at the audience is not admirable or cool, it's really fucking lame
he fought security too on the way out

it's not that it's acceptable by itself

it's that it's authentic to his character

I'm not looking for my rockstars to be good people

Old 12-13-2018, 07:10 PM   #49
Elphenor
Braindead

Bauhaus will never be a friendly experience even on their 40th anniversary tour

REAL SHIT

Old 12-13-2018, 07:12 PM   #50
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Word on the street is Peter Murphy is a meth head. Would account for his weird behavior as of late.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:28 PM   #51
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
yeah hella lols @ elphenor

assholes are always cool when they're in books or on screens... try dealing with one in real life. can you imagine being hit by a glass bottle? it's happened to me, and it ain't fun.
If I met him irl and he didn't spit in my eye or something I would feel robbed almost

fingers crossed they still make it here in Feb

Old 12-13-2018, 07:36 PM   #52
FoolofaTook

so you admired dickheads?

Old 12-13-2018, 07:37 PM   #53
FoolofaTook

i mean, i like burzum. the music. but varg can go suck cthulhic dong(s).

Old 12-13-2018, 07:48 PM   #54
redbreegull

I mean I used to think it was cool and funny and "authentic" that Billy Corgan jumped into the audience and punched that guy for making gun hands at him, or that he kicked the douche from the Used in the stomach... but uh it's just not really cool. I don't respect any artist would would do shit like that. I mean are we going to defend Josh Homme for kicking the photographer in the head because getting drunk and being an asshole is "authentic to his character?"

I think that's a load of bullshit.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:55 PM   #55
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
so you admired dickheads?
yeah some of them

its complicated

I admire Mark E Smith for living a life of zero comprimise

his behaviors towards others were despicable at times far worse than Corgan really

Old 12-13-2018, 08:31 PM   #56
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Corgan choking a guy in the audience in the 90’s is rock and roll as hell and I do admire him for that.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:34 PM   #57
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I mean I used to think it was cool and funny and "authentic" that Billy Corgan jumped into the audience and punched that guy for making gun hands at him, or that he kicked the douche from the Used in the stomach... but uh it's just not really cool. I don't respect any artist would would do shit like that. I mean are we going to defend Josh Homme for kicking the photographer in the head because getting drunk and being an asshole is "authentic to his character?"

I think that's a load of bullshit.
I don't have an opinion on Homme

but Corgan disapoints because at least in my case the character of the music was a sensitive flowery diva type with this very personal music of alienation

and then as it turns out he's actually a meathead jock Trump type

Old 12-13-2018, 09:21 PM   #58
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Dude youve been one of the most vocal on here trashing the new music, iirc i had to ask you to tone it down a bit, and you come in here telling all of us to stop being so hard on bill?

Are you fucken drunk?
The new "album" unquestionably sucks.. But that's not my point. My point is that he's just a regular 52 year old dude and that we probably shouldn't expect the new music to be any good. Green Day and Pearl Jams latest releases were both crap and they don't get an iota of the people ripping on em online.

I dunno, his latest social media posts had me thinking... I always assumed that Billy wouldn't bother to read any of the message boards or anything, but it kinda sucks if he does and it upsets him. He had a wicked stretch of inspiration and passion and it's gotta be a bummer to have to try and live up to that for the rest of his life.

As far as the negativity goes, I think it's especially perverse when it comes to the Monuments record. That was a good release and I think some people get off on just ripping on the guy... With that said, the latest 2 albums have been rubbish, so what the fuck do I know!

Old 12-13-2018, 09:30 PM   #59
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWK View Post
After seeing the ego-filled spectacle he put on during the recent tour, I cannot cut him any slack. He's not misunderstood or living in the shadow of his early success. He's just an asshole who pissed everything away because he is so fucking full of himself.
Good point!

When I made this post, I was thinking about how Billy takes so much brunt of the criticism, yet say for example when Green Day makes a bad record no one rips Billie Joe to pieces. I suppose it comes with the territory because Billy always makes it all about himself . He certainly hasn't done himself any favors.

Of course if you criticized the egotistical tour he'd probably say something like "you don't get it! it's just a joke about how I've played the heel all of those years". Even if that were the case, he's still making it all about himself when it SHOULD be more about the 3 of them being together again... The Billy messiah thing was really off putting for me considering the circumstance.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:40 PM   #60
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
but Corgan disapoints because at least in my case the character of the music was a sensitive flowery diva type with this very personal music of alienation

and then as it turns out he's actually a meathead jock Trump type
There certainly is a bit of a disconnect between how he portrays himself in the videos and music as opposed to how he carries himself in public. People evolve and change though. He's not a young man in his 20's anymore. Simply living life will harden even the most delicate of souls.